- Text Size +

 

 

When they picked New Orleans to run off to, it seemed like a great idea.

 

Unfortunately, they never even made it to Louisiana. The car broke down in Alabama. The little town that their car had been towed to was Hickville, USA. The tow driver was racist and a homophobe. Every muttered comment hurt. He didn't really care about himself. He had heard worse but Daphne didn't deserve those comments.

 

She was in tears by the time they got to their hotel room. The town only had one; it was like something out of a horror movie. The rooms were cheap enough they could get separate ones but there was no way possible they were splitting up. That's how people wind up on the ten o'clock news.

 

"This place is creepy as hell," he said trying to cheer her up.

 

She sniffled and angrily wiped tears from her eyes. "I know it shouldn't bother me what some fucking inbred redneck says."

 

He wrapped her up in his arms and hugged her. They weren't usually the touchy feely kind of best friends. They were more like the bitch and moan kind of friends. But that all changed when she had the miscarriage.

 

Everyone thought the reason she took the miscarriage so hard was because she wanted the baby. Justin was the only one to know the truth. She had decided to have an abortion. He was supposed to take her to her appointment that Friday. But she miscarried on the prior Tuesday.

 

When they all seat down to talk with their parents it was a disaster. Her parents said she should have an abortion. His dad was for adoption. Both were sure Justin and Daphne couldn't raise a baby.

 

The fight was epic. They told them they were going to raise the baby and didn't care what their parents said. After the dust settled Daphne told him what she wanted. She wasn't ready to be a parent, neither was he.

 

When she had the miscarriage she got depressed, saying that she didn't know how to feel. In the end she said it was for the best but it still upset her.

 

"Don't listen to that idiot," he said.

 

Justin didn't say anything but the guy gave him the creeps with the way he looked at Daphne. It reminded him of every time Chris Hobbs bullied him just to later pull him into the supply closet. There was no way he was going to leave Daphne alone near that guy.

 

He was glad that guy was just the tow guy. They talked to the guy working on her car. He was a gruff older man but seemed to hate everyone equally.

 

The mechanic said the car should be ready by Friday. That meant they would have to go home right after. Not only that, the fix was going to cost almost six hundred dollars.

 

If they told their parents they spent that much money on an auto shop repair, they would demand to see the paperwork. Not because they didn't trust them but to make sure they didn't get taken advantage of. They would have to find temporary jobs to add the income to pay their parents back.

 

"I don't want to think about it anymore. We're stuck here for almost three days. Something fun has to happen in this God forsaken town." She pulled out of his embrace.

 

"Well, we have no car at the moment. It doesn't look like this place has public transportation." He walked over to the window and looked out. All he could see was the parking lot and a gas station on the corner.

 

They had been lucky the mechanic had another take them to the hotel.

 

"Do you still have the tequila in your bag?" he suddenly asked.

 

Daphne grinned before grabbing her bag. It had been a gift from Brian on Justin's way out. He hoped the bill pissed him off.

 

Inside her bag was all the liquor shot bottles Justin could grab. It wasn't even a conscious decision. He didn't remember doing it until Daphne had asked him what was holding. He had also taken a gift bag. Okay, it was Brian's shirt wrapped around all the bottles.

 

There were ten in all, Daphne put five in front of him and five in front of her.

 

"So we're just going to down them?" he asked.

 

"That does sound kind of boring. How about Truth or Dare. Instead of taking a dare you take a shot."

 

"So Truth or Drink?"

 

"Yep. I'll go first."

 

Justin smiled. "Truth or Drink?"

 

"Truth."

 

He had to think because he knew almost everything about her, just like she did him.

 

"So who was better? Me or the douchebag."

 

Her eyes got comically large, then she laughed. "You my darling." He had no doubt. The first night he was in the same room. Daphne was no Oscar winning actress.

 

"Okay, Truth or Drink?" She giggled.

 

"Drink."" He grabbed the tequila shot, opened it and threw it back, burning on the way down.

 

"Truth or Drink?" he choked out.

 

"Drink." She did the same as his had but did it a lot smoother than he had.

 

"Truth or Drink?" she asked, voice huskier than usual.

 

"Truth."

 

"Was the fuckhead worth it?" She didn't need to elaborate.

 

He thought for a moment. Would he sleep with Brian again given the chance, knowing what he knew now?

 

He answered honestly, "Yes."

 

Her face was of understanding, he guessed she would pick the same too.

 

"Truth or Drink?" he asked.

 

"Drink." She drank down the shot.

 

"Truth or Drink?" Her voice another notch huskier.

 

"Drink." This one went down smoother.

 

"Truth or Drink?" he asked.

 

"Truth."

 

"Would you have picked an out of state school if it wasn't for me?"

 

"You know the answer. Yes. We're connected at the hip remember." She giggled lightly.

 

"Truth or Drink?"

 

"Truth."

 

"Have you spoken to C.J.?"

 

"Drink," he said coolly.

 

"That's not how it's played," she admonished.

 

"I don't care. I don't want to talk about my brother," he growled.

 

"It's been years, Justin. Maybe he knows how much he messed up."

 

"No Daphne. His was my older brother. He was supposed to protect me. I would do anything to protect Molly. If it would have been Molly he would have killed the guy. I don't want to talk about this anymore." He was getting upset. "Truth or Drink?"

 

"Drink." She drank her third, leaving them both with two.

 

"Truth or drink"

 

Instead of answering he grabbed his forth. "Truth or Drink?" He could feel the alcohol doing its job.

 

"Truth."

 

"Are you in love with me?"

 

It had been a taboo subject since they had sex. He knew the answer but at the moment he wanted to bring up something painful to her, like she had done with him.

 

"Drink." She grabbed her forth and gulped it down. She glared at him, now they both were angry.

 

"Truth or Drink?"

 

"Truth," he dared her.

 

"You've been saving yourself. Now that you've been used like yesterday's garbage. So are you now going to turn into a huge slut?"

 

"Maybe," he ground out. "Truth or drink?"

 

He knew they should stop, nothing good could come from this. But it was like his brain and mouth were no longer on speaking terms.

 

"Truth," she almost growled.

 

"Are you going to fuck every guy that smiles at you?" He wished it was just the alcohol talking but her bringing that jerk to their hotel room pissed him off, it was really tacky.

 

"Maybe," she echoed his answer.

 

"Drink," he yelled before she even asked and drank his last. She followed suit.

 

What happened next should never had happened. They started screaming at each other until someone knocked on their door and told them to shut up.

 

What followed was the loss of clothing and the tangle of bodies. The only other time they had sex it was gentle, loving and sober. This was filled with anger, heat and booze. His last thought as he moved off of her was hazy confusion.

 

"My head hurts," Daphne whined.

 

Justin's head ached but it wasn't too bad. That was until he remembered the night before.

 

"Shit", he cursed. "Daph, I'm so fucking sorry."

 

"Justin, I wasn't some blushing virgin bride. I was there, hell I'm the one who started it."

 

"Please, tell me you're on the pill," he begged. He hadn't remembered using a condom.

 

"Don't get your panties in a twist, of course I am. But we both need to go get tested when we get home."

 

He knew she was right. They both were with strange men then had unprotected sex with each other.

 

"I'm sorry about bringing up C.J. and that scumbag friend of his. You were just a kid. I know how much what C.J. did hurt you. I still think you should tell your dad. He has to know something is up that you come to my house every time C.J. comes to visit."

 

Justin closed his eyes; he knew she was right. The hurt was still too raw. He had only been twelve when he begged his dad to let him visit his brother in Hawaii.

 

He was only there for a week. When he got off the plane he was so excited. That changed when his brother picked him up at the airport. He didn't understand at the time why C.J. seemed mad after greeting him.

 

Everything sucked from day one. C.J. didn't do any of the stuff he promised they would do. It all came to a head the last night he was there. His sister-in-law was pregnant with their second child. She was taking Tabby, their oldest, to a friends for the night.

 

Justin thought he and C.J. were finally going to hang out. Instead C.J. invited over his friends. They drank and played poker. C.J. passed out on his chair and almost everyone else left. There was only one guy left, C.J.'s friend who went by Caveman.

 

Justin didn't like how the man watched him. Once C.J. was passed out he went to the room he was staying in. The room didn't have a lock on it. The man came in when he was almost asleep. Justin jumped up out of bed. His plan was to wake C.J., Caveman was faster though. He grabbed him and covered his mouth with is gross, giant hand.

 

Justin tried to block out the rest of the night. It was luckily ended before it was taken as far as the man wanted. C.J. had stomped down the hallway. Caveman had just grabbed his pants to pull them up when C.J. opened the door. Justin was so glad he was there he could have cried.

 

When C.J. started yelling, Justin was shocked that it was him that he was yelling at. He could remember it like it was yesterday. His brother calling him a faggot and trying to infect his friends with his faggot way. Justin didn't know what that word meant at the time, but he know it must be bad. That he had done something terrible for C.J. to be so angry with him.

 

He cried when he told Daphne about the night. She held him and told him it wasn't his fault. She was always more mature than he was. The first couple of years he hid at Daphne's when C.J. and his family was in town. But then it was because of his hatred of him. It took a lot of time to realize that it wasn't his fault. He never wanted to see C.J. again. His hero worship of his big brother died the same night his naïve world came crashing down.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm upload the rest in the morning, my hand is killing me.