- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N: OK, Good news and Bad news here. Bad news: I could not get this chapter to shut up and I decided to post after it started to push 4,000 words. But it’s kind of a bridge chapter between the last climax and the next stage of the story and it’s mostly narrative and filler.

 

Good news: Next chapter will be better and it’s back to Pittsburgh and a few more characters will pop their heads out as per some people’s request.

 

 

JACK AND THE BEANSTALK

Chapter 9

Dawn’s Light Overcomes Evil’s Night


   The next hour dragged a bit so I’ll just skip over most of it.

   Mostly though, they went over Justin’s phone again, ogling all the fantastic pictures of the castle and dream building, imagining what it would be like when it was fully operational. As well, they fantasised what they would do with the money they got from their eggs and Jack was most hopeful and thankful that he could at last pay off his house and then turn around and sell it since he was going to move to the castle. Also, his car and the small amount of debt he was in could now be paid off.

   Finally though, the beanstalk pulled itself and shook and shimmied and then settled back to complacency. The giant was at the top.

   Jack climbed to the top fourth level and then made his way over to a hidden staircase and climbed up 3 more stories, the highest you could go.

   Up there, and hidden from view and known only by a precious few was an ancient looking switchboard with ten small switches and one very large switch. They were those horseshoe attached to a handle type switch. The whole thing was metal and rusty and old looking and only the switches had been oiled up.

   Of course, Jack knew about it. Ever since he had become self aware again, he had ingratiated himself into at least 1 shift in every part of the factory in the hopes of finding help in escaping Stockwell’s evil domination. And now, at last, that day had come.

   With great satisfaction, he pulled each of the ten small switches down first.  The great portal machine began to power down and a great humming noise they didn’t even realize was going began to lessen. Lights began going off all over the complex. Power to any remaining computers was shut off. When all ten switches were pulled down, all was darkness and the purple laser was firing with half the intensity. The portal was cut by half and barely encircled the beanstalk.

   Jack thought briefly about what he was about to do. Stockwell was now a slave, stripped of all power, wealth and manhood. He was in another realm, another dimension and when Jack pulled the switch, he would be trapped there, forever. It was a daunting responsibility.

   Then he thought back to the last few years as Stockwell had enslaved his family, friends and himself, all for his own benefit. Not to mention just a little while ago, when his insanity had overtaken him to the point where he had shot him point blank in the chest. Maybe things weren’t as daunting after all.

   “Fuck you, you crazy bastard! I hope you make that giant a lot of bread!” whispered Jack and with both hands he pulled down the last switch. Such was the only eulogy Stockwell received.

   The machine shut off completely and powered down. The laser vanished and the portal contracted to the size of a pin and vanished entirely. It sliced through the beanstalk as cleanly as a buzzsaw. There was now a four story tall beanstalk standing in the dark. Eventually, it would wither and die, leaving nothing at all. Best of all, travel between the fairy tale realms was ended....forever.

   The silence was now total. The only light came from far below from the open elevator door.

   There were cheers from far away and far below. Then: “Jackie!!? Jackie boy!? You still there!!? You comin’ back?”

   Jack leaned over the railing and yelled toward the light. “Yes! Yes, I’m coming! I’m coming!”

   “He picked the penlight out of his utility belt and made his way down those many stairs. When he finally got back to the elevators, he saw Brian and Justin lip locked, enjoying a nice “makeout in the dark” session. They both had shed their ...uhhh...borrowed uniforms and Brian once again looked like his cat burglar superhero self.

   “I should have known!” he chuckled at their activity. Then he peeled off his own hated guard jacket and threw it away. “Ahhhh!! I’ve been wanting to do that for ages! Now...let’s get the hell out of here!”

   And happily, they got in the elevator, Jack used his special key, the door closed on that dismal crypt of a place and they zoomed up, up, and away and...and...got the hell out of there.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

   Up in the elevator, out into a dingy hallway, down through empty corridor of a deserted factory, out the nearest fire door, out into the yard, and over to the fence. Here, Jack led them a little ways down it where there was a locked, chain link, emergency gate. He unlocked it and they were through. They decided to abandon the rope; however, Brian was extremely pissed.

   “You asshole! Why didn’t you just use this last night and let us through!”

   “It would have been guarded and besides that far too noticeable! We had to be stealthy! Things were on far too high alert as it was.”

   “Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!” Well, I wish I could say all was forgiven and forgotten but truth be told it took quite a while before Brian’s blood pressure went down over that one.

   Dawn was breaking. They had lost track of time since they had been inside the evil factory and now a new day had come. They drove Jack to the entrance and happily busted through the guard booth traffic bar and drove him over to the parking garage. They dropped him off so he could get his own car but again, both of them did not want to venture into that dark maw...for some reason.

   However, in no time, Jackie came zooming up and they drove back out the way they’d come, with Brian happily breaking through the other barrier bar. (Both guard booths were abandoned.) Then they were truly and happily out of there and they drove back to town.

   On the way, Justin called Ted on his cell and told him that they were ok and a very abridged version of their adventures. Ted was astonished and just plain relieved to hear that they were all right. He promised to let Arjax and Timothy know as well and to expect them a little later in the day.

   At last, they reached town and they drove to the diner, intending to check and see if Beddy had opened for the day and check in with her.

   To their astonishment, the diner was mobbed to the point where there was a crowd filling the sidewalk on both sides and a little into the street. It seemed like an impromptu block party.

   They parked and cautiously got out of the cars. Jack joined then and attempted to enter the Diner. Before they could get a few feet however, they were recognized and mobbed. A little frightened, they retreated back to the Jeep where they were at least able to put a barrier between themselves and the crowd.

   “Jack! You’re not dead!”

   “What happened!!?”

   “What WAS that thing?

   “Is it gone!?”

   “Where’s Stockwell?

   And many more questions came thick and fast and then more and more and more. At last, they started to taper off and one question began to dominate all others. Where’s Stockwell? Where’s Stockwell? WHERE’S STOCKWELL!!!?

   At last Jack stood up in the back of the Jeep and grasped the bar that was between the front and the back. He waved for attention.

   “My Friends! MY FRIENDS! We have great news! Stockwell will not bother us ever again! We are free! Oh, my FRIENDS!” he yelled joyfully, “LET THE GLORIOUS NEWS BE SPREAD!!! THAT WICKED OLD SON OF A BITCH AT LAST IS DEAD!”

   OK, well that wasn’t the exact truth but for all intents and purposes, it may as well have been.

   The crowd cheered themselves hoarse.

   “Hey! He ripped that off from “The Wizard of Oz”!!” Brian complained to Justin, unheard.

   Justin smacked his huge arm. “Oh you! Let him have his fun!”

   Brian growled. “Well, so help me, if he refers to me as the Scarecrow!”

   “Of course not sweetie!” returned Justin sweetly, “That would mean he’d have to mention your brains.”

   Brian shot him a look that could have melted lead.

   “I couldn’t have done it alone though!!” Jack continued, “I had a lot of help from my two friends. I’d like to introduce you to Justin, whose careful planning, quick thinking, and superior brainpower was instrumental into getting us through the really tough times.”

   Justin smirked at Brian. He stood up and waved at the crowd.

   “And this is Brian!” Jack soldiered on, “Without whose strength and courage we never could have succeeded!”

   Brian stood, gave Justin a bigger smirk and stuck out his tongue.

   “Don’t stick that out at me unless you intend to use it,” Justin said lustfully.

   Brian sucked in a breath as visions of Justin bent over the Jeep bar filled his mind. “Don’t tempt me, young man!” he growled.

   “Looks like you’re missing a Tin Man! Who’s the heart of the group up there?” somebody yelled. The Wizard of Oz theme was not lost on the crowd. Everybody laughed and – for the most part) it was not a cruel laugh.

   Jack blushed.

   However, it was then that Brian stepped up and put his arms around Jack. “If you want a Tin Man of the group, here he is!” he yelled. “He could have turned us in a thousand times but instead of being faithless, he was loyal. He turned aside and chose to care to help us rescue a friend even though to him he was a complete stranger. And he shoved my Justin out of the way of a madman’s bullet and took it for himself. He saved my partner’s life! No man has a greater heart and we couldn’t have made a better friend! Here’s your Tin Man!”

   Jack was now beet red. But the crowd didn’t care. They clapped hard and cheered for Jack as well.

   Brian turned him in his arms and drew him in for a full yet non-sexual hug, the way a father might hug a son.

   “Thank you Jack,” he said softly, for his ears only, “I don’t know what I would have done without him.”

   “Your welcome Brian. And I know. That’s why I never even hesitated.”

   Brian’s arms tightened once more before letting Jack go. To many people, it looked like a reflexive response to something. But Jack knew better. However, he wisely knew to not let on about it.

   After they detached, Jack faced the crowd and shouted, “I know you all must have a lot more questions and these gentlemen have a lot to tell you but the fact is, we have been adventuring all night and have had nothing to eat! We’re famished. We came to see if the Diner was open and to see if we could have a bit of breakfast before we satisfy your curiosity!”

   The Diner door slammed open.

   “Yer darn tootin’ we’re open!! You boys get yer keesters in here before I give them a swat with my spatula! And the rest of you! Quit blocking my door! If you wanna party, well go ahead but stop blockin’ my customers! Make way! Make way for the heroes of the day! Move it, you!” Beddy screamed, swatting a nearby butt in a swirl of noise and frizzy red hair. She screamed with laughter like a wicked witch calling a flock of flying monkeys.

   People scattered this way and that until there was a path to the Diner.

   Brian had a strange look on his face, as if he were halfway between laughing and crying.

   “Why, Brian! What’s the matter?” asked Justin in puzzlement.

   “Oh...It’s nothing really! It’s just...it’s just...I was missing another red wig and another lady for a moment there. Man, she really has her Debbie routine down!”

   “But Brian! Whenever I hear you talk about your other town, you always call it The Pitts!”

   “Oh maybe so!  Oh, but sometimes....Oh, Sunshine! Sometimes....there’s no place like home!”

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

   Inside the Diner, it was full but not overflowing. The boys found a booth and proceeded to eat two full breakfasts each. And for once, Brian didn’t worry about the carbs. Although he did make a strong mental note to work out when he got home.

   “So...who’s your friend?” screeched a voice as the rest of their booth was filled to overflowing with Busy-Beddy...uhhh....Body.

   “Beddy, this is Jack,” Justin answered when it became apparent that Brian was too busy eating and otherwise too bored by the whole thing to bother. “He saved my life earlier as Brian said outside and a few times otherwise. He helped get us in and masterminded the plan to free us and the town from Stockwell. We couldn’t have done it without him.”

   “Oh thank heavens! Thank you so much for saving sweet Sunshine!” Impulsively, Beddy threw her arms around Jack, squeezing so tight, he nearly choked on a bit of hash brown and she screeched loud enough to make his ears ring.

   “So...are you part of our happy little family now?” she furthermore asked.

   “Ummm...I think so,” Jack replied hesitantly. Seeing all three of their bemused expressions, he continued, “Oh....if you mean, am I gay, then no. I’m straight and married with a kid. But I don’t mind if they are. I mean, if I can watch them make out as much as I have and not care yet then nothing’s...”

   “Uhhhh...what the little whippersnapper means is...” Brian finally raised his head and paused from inhaling his eggs, “Is that he’s going to have a place at the castle....for always...and have the job as chief foreman if he wants it. When we’re not around, he’ll be in charge.”

   Jack was overwhelmed. “Oh my God...Uhhhh...Brian!?  Are you...I mean....maybe we should talk about....I mean...Are you serious?”

   “Well!! Looks like you boys have a few details to hammer out!” said Beddy, finally starting to take her leave, “Oh...Speaking of jobs...Are mine and Randy’s still open for us?”

   “Oh course, Beddy! It wouldn’t be the same there without you. Now that the crisis is over, why don’t you come by later on today and get set in and start taking inventory of all the food and let us know if there’s any more you need to order,” said Justin.

   “Will do, Sunshine!” She stood up and then addressed the Diner. “Enjoy your meal folks, because it’ll be the last one you get here! As of noon, we’re closing this Diner...forever! We have a new job opportunity with Brian and Justin at their spread and if you’re wise you listen to them close a little later....They’ll have one for you too!”

   And with that, she left to run off her feet and run out her last shift and left the boys to hammer out those details.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

   After breakfast, they were all police escorted with great pomp and circumstance to Town Hall where a great crowd gathered and they were met by the mayor and other councillors who had been under particularly heavy mind bondage so that Stockwell could get away with what he did.

   The general feeling by all was that they had been in a perpetual nightmare from which they could not wake. Many of them had large memory gaps. Worse, they remembered what evil things they had done and had been unable to stop themselves.

   However, now the dawn had come, all dreams were ended. The one thing they all shared in common was that they were out of a job. This was both a joy and a worry.

   The boys and the crowd were then forced to hear a rather long and boring speech by the mayor which I’ll skip over.

      Finally, with the help of a projector, Brian and Justin were able to show the pictures of what they had decided to dub Britin Castle and outline their plans and offer everyone in town a job. There were medical workers needed galore for the AIDS hospice, retail people for the mall, and tourism staff to work the hotel and resort aspect. There was something for everyone, some getting the same job that they were in now and in the ones where they were different, Justin and Brian offered free training and other education to help get the person qualified.

   Eventually, Brian and Justin left the details in Jack’s capable hands. As they left in the Jeep, however, they could see the rush was such that they could see that at least half if not ¾’s of the town were signing up. At this rate, the town would become a ghost town and re-locate entirely to them.

   As last it was just the two of them again, and they were whizzing down the quiet of the open road again.

   “I’m sorry about earlier,” said Brian.

   “What on earth are you talking about?” Justin asked sleepily from where he was drowsing off in his seat.

   “In the Diner. I signed up Jack without talking to either of you. I can’t explain it. The words just popped out and I just knew it was the right thing to have happen. He was the only one I would want in that position.”

   “Well, it was a surprise. But don’t worry Brian. I felt...and feel exactly the same way. If you hadn’t offered that to him, I was planning on it.”

   Brian’s hand wandered down to Justin’s thigh and then gave his dick a squeeze through his pants. “If I wasn’t driving, I’d have you bent over right now. You’re so fucking sexy.”

   Justin yawned and held his hand before repositioning it more fully onto his cock. He smiled. He knew what Brian was really trying to say.

   “I love you too, Brian. I love you too.”

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJB

   And so, finally, finally, they returned home to the New Castle. Only it wasn’t just New Castle any more.  Over the gates was a decorative arch of wrought iron in which was written with golden letters: BRITIN CASTLE.

   “How...how did that happen?” Justin wondered.

   “I’ve no idea,” answered Brian, “ But it fuckin’ read my mind. Just like we’d thought about underground. Britin....our names...our castle, our home...forever.”

   “Mmmmmmmm.....Britin....forever!” moaned Justin and leaned sideways for a kiss.

   “I like that,” murmured Brian as he leaned over to comply.

   As they kissed hot and heavy and waited for the gates to open, there was a heaviness to the air, a strange compression. Justin felt like he was in a bubble. He felt he couldn’t breathe. And then the bubble popped.

   Justin broke away from Brian and gasped in a lungful of clean, fresh air. Brian as well was breathing deeply.

   “What the hell was that? I felt like I had the wind kicked out of me! I felt...”

   Brian, look!! LOOK!! Oh my goodness!”

   The arch had a wider, gentler curve to it now and the golden letters now read: BRITIN 4 EVER CASTLE.

   Brian and Justin stared at the arch for several more seconds and then drove through the gates. Behind them, the heavy gates closed behind them and locked.

   “What do you suppose this means? Are the wards still here?” asked Brian.

   “I don’t think so. I saw them leave and none of them seemed inclined to stay at all. Whatever this is...must be something else.”

   “Well, we got a new castle...Maybe there’s a new magic with it,” reasoned Brian.

   Justin was too tired to think about it clearly. Now that the danger was past and his belly was full he was fading fast.

   They arrived at the new white stone angel with its circle of flowers around it. At the new wide, circular driveway that could hold a dozen cars. At the big front door.

   Brian noticed the fire damage from Timothy, the night before, had vanished. The lawn had become smooth and green and unblemished overnight.

   Brian fumbled in his pockets for his keys before he realized his skintight suit didn’t have any. He banged on the door. Otherwise, he had no idea how to get in. Then he saw the intercom. He buzzed the button.  “Hello? Ted? It’s me Brian!?”

   The lock banged and the door swung slowly open.

   Brian entered, half leading, half dragging his blond boy along.

   “We should leave the gates open for a while so that the townspeople can arrive. We should be all right...now that the danger is over,” yawned Justin.

   “Don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of it,” soothed Brian.

   About halfway down the hall to the Family Wing, they were met by Ted coming the other way at a quick pace.

   “Brian! How did you get in here!? I mean...I...Well, I was just coming to let you in!”

   “The doors opened and I came in,” Brian said simply. It seemed simple enough. His eyes were itchy and his neck ached.

   There was a booming sound and a deeper booming sound as the locks shot home.

   “Ahhh...Sounds like they just closed. Sorry Theodore! Looks like your destiny is not to be a butler!”

   “But...but how!? And that reminds me...I’ve noticed a few other weird shit happening around here since you’ve been gone.”

   At this point Brian felt they would get farther faster if he just picked Justin up and carried him. Justin snuggled into Brian’s heartbeat and promptly fell asleep.

   “Trust me, Theodore, I can top anything you got on the Shit-O-Meter, easily. Don`t worry, nothing here will harm you. But that’s all going to have to wait unto after we’ve had a rest. Don’t wake us up until about 1:00 or so. If people start arriving, show them to the Staff’s Quarters...get Arjax to show you...Then let them into the Great Room and tell them to go swimming and have Arjax be lifeg—oh hell, he probably can’t swim. OK, looks like it’ll be up to you Theo.”

   “But Brian! I can’t...”

   You’ll be great! OK, here we are! See you later!”

   And with that, Brian went inside the Family Wing and shut the door in Ted’s chagrined face and against the rest of the world as well. He made his way to the Master Suite and put Justin on the bed. He stripped, then stripped his partner and joined him in the big bed under the covers.

   The last thing he was aware of before oblivion claimed them both was that even in sleep; Justin was reaching for him and molding himself around his bigger body.

 

THE END

 

The End.
Britin4ever71 is the author of 17 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Jack And The Beanstalk. also liked 588 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Beauty and the Beast Series. The previous story in the series is Beauty And The Beast.. The next story in the series is The Red Hoody.