- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Dedicated to: TAG....Just because!

 

 

THE RED HOODY

 

Chapter 2

 

Timothy's Surprise/Michael and the Munchers

 

 

 

   "Let's get Mikey squared away first. It's probably past Gus' bedtime anyway," said Brian, using his son's new name for the first time and liking the way it sounded.

 

   You're probably right. OK, let's go!" answered Justin.

 

   They hopped into their POS rental car which Brian detested on sight. It was too small, was painted a hideous orange, and smelled like vomit on the inside. They had to keep a window cracked just to be able to breathe. But it had been the only thing available and Sunshine was far too forgiving.

 

   Brian drove them to his loft quickly but safely. His hands gripped the wheel at 10 and 2 so tight that his knuckles turned white. His face grew grimmer with each passing mile.

 

   "What's the matter Brian?" asked Justin, in concern.

 

   "Mikey," Brian answered, "From all the reports coming in, I'm wondering what happened. I don't know what to expect when we get there but it might not be good. It's pissing me off."

 

   Brian being "pissed off" meant he was angry, afraid, worried or all three. Justin said: "It'll be all right." A good answer, maybe the only one, to placate all three.

 

   Finally they reached an area on Tremont St. that looked like a bunch of spooky warehouses. But Brian assured Justin that they were all renovated into upscale loft apartments and that his was one of the most upscale of them all.

 

   "OK. If you say so," Justin said doubtfully, "Honestly Brian, what did you see in this neighbourhood to begin with?'

 

   "It was cool," Brian said, "Oh stop! It was!" he said next moment at Justin's pursed lips and impossibly wide eyed look of scepticism. "It was edgy and rebellious and cool. And I used the place as a fuckpad."

 

   "Oh you did, did you?" said Justin in his best jealous fishwife impression.

 

   "Oh now stop! I didn't know you then. I didn't know anybody and I didn't want attachments. Now...well, I thought I'd be glad to see it again but honestly I didn't realize how far I'd matured past it. I never really looked at the rest of the neighbourhood and I was home and buried in work or someone's ass by the time it was dark. So I never noticed, but you're right! It is pretty creepy!"

 

   "Someone's ass huh?" Justin kept up the fishwife routine.

 

   "Oh, will you stop! You're making my dick soft! Trust me, you have nothing to be jealous about. Remember the person I was. Remember the statues. Now imagine that with none of the experience I had when you met me. I didn't see it then but my guardian was right. I was narcissistic and cruel. I went through men like M&M's and if I had met you, you would have been no different. I would have kicked you out the next morning, crushed your heart into powder and thought nothing about you again. Be glad you didn't meet me then."

 

   "I am. "I thank your guardian every day that we met the way we did."

 

   "Me too. Well, maybe not every day but whenever I thi..."

 

   Justin shut him up with a bruising kiss under a streetlight. Brian groaned and ground their hard-ons together. Now it was Justin's turn to groan.

 

   "How long is this gonna take?" he asked.

 

   "Hard to say...Maybe...half an hour?"

 

   Justin smiled and reached between then and fondled both their cocks.

 

   "Fifteen minutes?"

 

   Justin squeezed again, relishing the hard length of his lover.

 

   "Five! Five minutes!" Brian yelped.

 

   "Still too long....far....too long!" And he captured Brian's mouth in another all consuming killer kiss and squeezed.

 

   Brian groaned in pleasure torture. This little blond spitfire was going to be the death of him.

 

BJBJBJBJJBJBJBJBJ

 

Two weeks ago:

 

 

 

   As Justin led Timothy through the halls of the castle, Timothy shuffled along slowly. Justin could feel him pressing into him for support and sometimes he had trouble breathing, hyperventilating a bit. Progress was slow. Justin could tell it was taking every ounce of courage for the old man to take this trip.

 

   As they reached the outside and then even further and further away from the castle, Timothy's confidence grew and he was able to shuffle along a bit more normally. The less people there were around, the more of a spring he seemed to have in his step.

 

   Eventually they came to a place in the high stone wall where there was a spray of pretty green ivy hanging down. They were directly across from the entrance to the maze.

 

   "Here is the first part of your gift," said Justin and handed Timothy a large, silver, old fashioned key with and ornately carved handle.

 

   "What? Is this it? Just a key?" asked Timothy sadly.

 

   "Oh, my sweet, Timothy, remember now. With every key, there must be a door!"  Justin said, and swept aside the hanging curtain of ivy. Timothy gasped.

 

   Behind the ivy was a green, wooden door with a curved top. It looked strong and it blended perfectly in with the ivy. It was perfectly hidden.

 

   Timothy rushed forward and fit the key into the large keyhole below the large silver ring handle. It opened at once inward and they passed through.

 

   "Whenever you come to visit, just remember, your door is directly across from the maze. But take care not to enter the maze by yourself, only with me or Brian to come with you. When you see the maze entrance, turn right and you will soon come to the castle again."

 

   "All right! All right! I may be old and a touch agoraphobic but I ain't senile! I know! I just came from that way, remember! Besides I hope to never go back! This seems like heaven!"

 

      This was the forest, green and vibrant, and before them stretched a smooth, wide, dirt path. It extended a little ways and then turned right. The two friends started down, arm in arm.

 

   "This reminds me of the day we met," said Timothy. He breathed deep of the pine scent and finally felt himself start to relax all over.

 

   "Me too," said Justin.

 

   The two friends continued down the path which turned right, left, and the meandered to the right again.  They remained in comfortable, quiet companionship.

 

   "I want you to know, only you, me, Brian, and Sam have the key to your outside door. No-one else will have access or even know about the door unless you tell them. I will make sure the gardeners always keep a proper curtain of ivy over it. You can be completely alone here."

 

   "OK. Why would I want to be?" asked Timothy.

 

   "You will see, presently."

 

   They continued down the path and there was a moment of silence.

 

   "I do hope you will visit us....from time to time," said Justin, "For example, in a few weeks, Brian and I are going back to the Pitts to retrieve his son and extended family."

 

   "Good for you," returned Timothy shortly. He didn't like hearing about family since he had none.

 

   "We want them here when we get married," Justin said.

 

   "Married huh? Bout time! Congrats, whippersnapper."

 

   "Thanks.....I'd like you to walk me down the aisle."

 

   "It took a few seconds for that to sink in. Then: "WHAT!! Are you serious? I can't do that!"

 

   "There is no-one else I want. My own...parental figures are much to be desired and will not be there."

 

   "What...what about your mother?"

 

   "My mother...my mother will be....unavailable. My father is dead and besides that he was ragingly homophobic. He would not have done it if his life depended on it."

 

   "But Justin...I...I can't! Look at me! I'm a mess! I hate being in a half populated hallway! I can't go to a wedding!"

 

   "You have three weeks or so. Sam had agreed to work with you every day. She will help you get ready. Will you try?"

 

   "Oh Justin, I don't know! I want to! I do! But I don't know if I can. I don't know it I have the strength!"

 

   "You are stronger than you give yourself credit for Timothy. Well, here we are."

 

   Timothy gasped again. H held his heart and nearly fell over in surprise. Of course, Justin would have none of that, but really! These boys would be the death of him!

 

   The path opened up into a wide clearing and in the center was a small, square, stone cottage. The roof was shingled and wood but the rest was made out of stone and mortar. The door was blue and curved on the top with a ring handle. There was a round peephole window that was barred and could only be opened from the inside. There was a covered porch.

 

   "Justin! Is this for me?" Timothy said in tears.

 

   "Of course. Close enough for us to visit but back into the forest enough for you to feel safe. Do you like it?"

 

   "I surely do. Why, this is the best hovel I've ever lived in!"

 

   "Tim! I would never! This is a cottage! As long as I'm around, you will never know anything less than the best or go without again! Understand?"

 

   "OK, Justin. Thank you."

 

   They went inside. It was one big room downstairs with a loft type bedroom along the left side. The loft was easily accessible by a spiral staircase with strong handrails A large living room/kitchen and a small bathroom made up the first floor. The furniture was leather and all the best of Timothy's suite had been replicated. Turkish coffee maker. Walk in shower with safety bars. The decor was wood and was elegant but rustic. It was manly and there was no pink or doilies in sight. There were no pastels.

 

   Out the back was another, long comfortable porch with an overhang. There was a porch swing with a few removable soft cushions.

 

   And out in the back yard was an enormous garden, already planted with in season vegetables and fruits. Flowers were plentiful. There was a composter.

 

   Timothy was transported with joy. He had never before had such a garden and had always scraped for a living in a too small garden and the odd mushroom or two. This would sustain him forever.

 

   "I can have a man come help you garden. He will not bother you otherwise," offered Justin.

 

   "I'll think about it. Thank you Justin."

 

   "You're welcome."

 

   "And...I will walk you down the aisle. At least...I will try. I'll work with Sam really hard. I will try."

 

   "Thank you Timothy! That means so much and don't worry!" Justin's eyes bored into him with a holy blue fire that was both beautiful and terrible to behold. "I will have faith. I will have faith for the both of us that you will succeed."

 

 

 

Timothy's old hovel:  http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/historic-gold-miners-stone-cottage-graeme-knox.jpg

 

Timothy's new stone cottage: (Sorry, it's a little different but you'll just have to imagine in the differences.)http://marykramerdesignstudio.com/Mary_Kramer_Design_Studio/Stone_Cottage_files/Stone%20cottage.jpg

 

 

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   A minute or so later after Brian's tongue finished preluding what his dick was going to do to Justin, Brian and Justin finally headed up to the front door to Brian's loft building.

 

   Brian opened what looked like a rusty old fusebox and revealed a high tech numbered keypad. He punched in a number sequence. There was a annoying buzzing sound and a red light flashed. Brian frowned.

 

   "What's wrong?"

 

   "Seems Em and Deb weren't exaggerating. My code doesn`t work."

 

   "Are you sure you entered it correctly?"

 

   "Yes. But I'll try it again." He did so, punching two numbers at a time. But again the buzzer sounded and the red light flashed.

 

   "Nope. Definitely changed. That wasn't necessary."

 

   Brian pulled on the number pad and it swung open on noiseless hinges. Under this one was another pad that was an intercom pad going by apartment.

 

   "Neat!"Justin exclaimed.

 

   Brian smirked. "Told you it was cool," he said. He pressed a button for the only apartment on the fourth floor.

 

   "Who is it?" came a gruff and distrustful voice.

 

   "Open the door Mikey. It's Brian. I've come home."

 

   "Brian! No way!"

 

   "Yes way, Mikey...so open up!"

 

   "Uhhh...no Brian, that's not what I mean. I mean, no way, I'm not opening up! I know you think this loft is still yours but you've been gone a long time and we've made a home here. We...I'd kind of given up hope on you Brian. This is my loft now."

 

   "Mikey..." Brian growled, "I told you I'd be back in a year. It has been almost...exactly one year. You have been my guest in MY loft up until now. Do not make me regret my decision."

 

   "Mikey, don't be a dick! It's been a good run but he's back now! Just open the door now!" admonished a voice in the background.

 

   "NO! I won't let this go! I can't! This was the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm not letting go of it!"

 

   "I thought I was the best thing that happened to you." said the voice, sounding affronted.

 

   "Hey, Lucy! Ricky! Do you mind working out your shit on your own time!? Open the goddam door and let us in so we can discuss this like adults! It's freezing out here!"

 

   "Look, Brian, I'm sorry but I didn't think you were ever coming back. I had you declared legally dead a little while ago and applied to have the deed transferred into my name. By tomorrow, this loft will be mine free and clear."

 

   "Mikey! That's not only completely despicable but how do you think you are going to pay for all this? Who do you think was paying the utilities every month. Elves!?"

 

   "I started my own business a while back. "It'll be a struggle but I'll give it a go. I'm sorry Brian. Bye." He clicked off.

 

   Brian was so mad that he felt he could have reverted back into the Beast. He looked ready to explode.  His breathing grew growly and he clasped his hands into fists a few times. Then he buzzed again.

 

   "Brian, go away or I'll call the cops. This is harassment. I told you, it's too late. By tomorrow everything will be over."

 

   Brian's voice was as icy as the arctic. "I just wanted you to know, that I'll be at the Diner at 7 pm tomorrow. Feel free to come by and discuss your future. I'll also accept your apology. However, be prompt. At 7:05 this offer runs out."

 

   "They heard Michael snickering as he clicked off a second time.

 

   Brian closed the "fusebox" and dragged Justin back to the car.

 

   "Where are we going?" Justin asked.

 

   "Back to the hotel of course. Looks like I have a few phone calls to make and I want to be comfortable when I do so."

 

   "But what can we do? You heard him. By tomorrow it will be too late."

 

   "Sunshine, we're fabulously wealthy. And tomorrow isn't tomorrow, until....tomorrow."

 

   They drove back to the hotel as fast as possible while still being safe.

 

Brian began to make his calls and went on the internet. It was past business hours but once he mentioned who it was, he was transferred to a person in charge right away. Being fabulously wealthy had its privileges.

 

   Brian paid up and closed his accounts with the power company, water company and the heat, effective immediately. He also asked them to send a copy of last month's bill to the loft, overnight delivery, at his expense. All companies happily agreed, thanked him for his patronage and wished him a good night. Brian did the same and then clicked off.

 

   Brian's next call was to a realtor. He put the loft up on the market, effective immediately, furnished. He told them to feel free to go ahead and check it out tomorrow, hold an open house and treat anyone living there as if they were squatters and have them removed post haste.

 

   "Oh my! Do you think that's a possibility, sir?" the realtor asked.

 

   "Anything's possible. I'd keep the police on speed dial if I were you. Uh... Just to be safe."

 

   "Yes sir."

 

   Brian clicked off. Justin watched all these proceedings with wide eyes and a strange sense that he had slipped into a kind of surrealistic state. The ease and calmness at which Brian systematically popped Michael's bubble and destroyed his life was truly awesome and terrifying to behold. He fervently hoped he never found himself on Brian's bad side.

 

   Brian's next call was to the munchers. After a few pleasant moments talking with Lindsay, catching up and the like, Brian asked to talk to Melanie.

 

   There was a pause. Then:

 

   "Yes, I want to talk to Mel! What!? What's the big deal?...No, Hell has NOT frozen over!....No, pigs have not started to fly!...Oh now will you stop!...Because I want to, OK?...It's personal. Look, just hand the phone to Mel, she'll understand. Oh, and I'll be by tomorrow to see my son. Say hello to Gus for me....Yes, Gus! Yes, I have been talking to Debbie but that's not why! We'll get into it tomorrow. Hand me off to Mel now.....OK, see you tomorrow Wendy. Bye."

 

   There was another pause as the phone was handed off to Mel.

 

   "Hiya Mel! How are you? Uh-huh....uh-huh.....uh-huh....uh-huh..............uh-huh.........uh-huh, hey look Mel, shut up for a minute. I didn't call you to trade insults this time. Well, we can do that later, if you want. You always were fun like that. No, I need to talk to you in a professional capacity....I want to know if you are Michael's attorney. You are! Great! Look, I need you to.....Yes, I know I know the meaning of client-attorney confidential....Look, I need to know if you are the one who helped him declare me legally dead. You are? Great! Well, I need you to file the papers declaring me legally....alive....well, that then, I'm not sure of the term, that's your department, isn't it?....Well, I'm talking to you, aren't I? And I'm coming over to see little Gus tomorrow, that pretty much makes me alive.....What do you mean that's not his name?....Well, I was under the impression you guys hadn't decided yet....Well, we'll talk about this later, I don't want to fight with you....What do you mean, I always want to fight? Look, we're getting off topic. Can you file those papers? Tonight, if possible.....Well, first thing in the morning then.....Because I'll pay you, that's why. How about..." Here Brian named a ridiculously high sum. "Huh?....College fund?...Sounds good....Whatever floats your boat, Melly. So can you do it?....Why? I'm selling the loft and Michael's trying to take over the deed.....Yes, I'm selling that place....No, Pigs have not started to fly! Oyy! Lesbians!" Here, Brian rolled his eyes at Justin. "Oh, you're being paranoid! I am NOT rolling my eyes at you! OK, just do that for me and I'll pay you when it's done, OK? No, not up front! Well, no, I don't trust you, but that's not why! More the fact, that I don't trust Michael right now. He seems to have become a little....unbalanced.....Tell me about it!" Brian laughed a sultry, rich as chocolate laugh. "OK, see you tomorrow. OK....OK....OK.....OK....OK, seeyoutomorrow,Okbye," he finished in a rush and hung up.

 

   "So...you've just destroyed a man. How do you feel?" asked Justin, lying on his stomach, legs bent and ankles crosses like a gossipy schoolgirl.

 

   "Oh Sunshine, how you like to exaggerate!" Brian laughed and jumped on him, rolling him over and over on the bed and suddenly Justin found himself cradled in Brian's huge arms with his shirt off. Wait...how had that happened? And then Justin ceased to care and most rational thought fled as Brian began to play, slowly and relentlessly, with his nipples.

 

   "I'm just popping his bubble and bringing him down to earth. Remember, we're going to offer him the same thing as everybody else. I love Michael. So much. But he has changed in the last year and I want the Mikey I know and love back before we take him home with us."

 

   "Gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh........" Justin replied, incoherently, as waves of pleasure spasmed through his entire being. The pleasure only increased as Brian captured his mouth and tongue with his own, held it prisoner, made it his slave, and refused to set it free for the rest of the night.

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   Shortly after, Timothy showed Justin to the door of his new home. He felt relaxed and at peace for the first time since his previous house had unexpectedly exploded. He also felt...something else that he had not felt toward another human being for a long time, if not ever. Gratitude...and love. Here was a gift...a real gift, freely promised, given and not taken away. That alone, made it priceless.

 

   "Thank you, Justin! Thank you so much! This is all...this is all...like a dream. The house is so much more than I ever thought I'd get. And it's a thousand times what I ever could have built myself."

 

   "Your welcome Timothy. It's my and Brian's pleasure. As far as we're concerned, you're our grandfather now. And when Brian's son comes, you'll be his grandfather too."

 

   At the mention of Brian's name, Timothy closed up a bit.

 

   "Oh I doubt that. I don't think he likes me that much. Not like you. He wouldn't want his little kinderling near me."

 

   "That's not true. Brian wants you to meet Gus very much. And he loves you as much as I do. Why are you so shy of him?"

 

   Timothy looked at Justin as if to say "Really?? Really???"

 

   "Oh come on! He's always been gruff and loud and scary with me. He never liked me because I just showed up and...and burnt his lawn."

 

   "Oh Timothy! That's not true. Brian's bark is much worse than his bite. Besides, the castle healed that burn the very next day. He's forgotten all about it and he loves you very much. He just...has a different way of showing it."

 

   "Yeah!" said Timothy, "A scary way!"

 

   Justin just laughed. "Well, I'll talk with him."

 

   "I'm glad you're here though. You make me feel protected. And...God help me...you`re so beautiful, Justin! I can see it! There`s like a golden aura shining off your hair. And your eyes are so bright...it`s like they`re alive!"

 

   "Why, thank you Timothy," answered Justin.

 

   "May I...may I kiss you? Kiss you goodbye I mean. As a grandfather, I guess. I mean...well, I guess it'd be as a gay guy too but just the once....just to experience the beauty. Just to...ohhh damn everything's coming out all wrong...I'm sorry. I shouldn't...."

 

   Justin leaned in and kissed him.

 

   It was a simple kiss, the one you give a relative but Timothy felt it all the way to his toes. He experienced the beauty and it was fantastic. It was like kissing molten gold.

 

   "Good night grandfather," whispered Justin.

 

   "Thank you Justin," said Timothy, "Thank you....." And, because he didn't know what else to say, he shut himself into his new house.

 

   Timothy might have been thanking him for the safety or the new house or garden but Justin could tell there was more than that in what he wanted to say. Some things couldn't be thanked for and some things had no words.

 

   Justin turned and went back along the path leading to the castle. He had a small smile as he went because he understood.

 

TBC

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE REVIEW!!

 

A/N: OK just a warning. All these new ideas are buzzing and humming through my warped brain and this is taking just entirely too long. Also the entire tone and the style of the story has changed once again. So look for this story to make yet another break into a third instalment of this AU. If it does, I will transplant the Back to the Pitts series into it since that seems where the split seems to have occurred and besides the Jack and the B storyline effectively ended there. (Thank heavens!)