- Text Size +

 

Brandon dropped him off at his house. He knew that Brian and the kids wouldn't be there. Brian would be at work and the kids at school. Briana in kindergarten and Joshie in pre-school.

The house was quiet when he entered, as expected. First thing he needed to do was shower. He didn't feel as dirty as he had during his attack and drugging. This felt like it really did happen to someone else. After his bat to the head his memories shifted and they felt like something he was watching. But this was like it didn't happen at all to him. Like it was completely someone else. Even when he watched the video.

After showering, he dressed in some casual slacks and a red polo. Brian would make jokes once he saw him and that was what he was aiming for. If Brian was making fun of him then he couldn't be mad. Right?

When he went into the garage he noticed Brian had taken his car. Of course he did, he was driving the kids around. Justin went back in and grabbed the extra set of keys to Brian's baby.

He smiled when he slid into the sleek classic 'Vette. Brian's was going to lose it when he found out Justin drove it. He rolled down the windows, letting the wind dry his hair.

There really wasn't a way to explain it, but he felt lighter than he had ever been before. It was like all the bad things that had ever happened to him just went away. He felt almost giddy.

Pulling into the parking lot at Kinnetik, he shut the car off. It seemed to be a pretty busy day. People were shuffling inside and out without so much as a glance in his direction. He looked very different from the people around. They were all in business attire and he looked like he got dropped off by a parent for freshman orientation.

Bill, the man working security at the front desk waved him in.

"Boss man is pissed today. I would watch out," he warned Justin.

"I'll take that into consideration."

He made his way to Brian's office, coming to his assistant first.

"You are in so much trouble," she said when she saw him.

"Yeah, so I've heard. He busy?"

"Nope, no one wants to be around him for more than two seconds."

"Thanks Cynthia."

He tapped on the door and opened before he heard a response. As he walked in he felt it as soon as Brian's eyes locked on him.

The giddy feeling was still overtaking his body. That was his only explanation at smiling at Brian.

"What are you smiling about?"

"I'm just glad to see the love of my life is all."

"Funny, you would think a person would leave their phone on for the love of their life. Or maybe call in the three days they've been gone." There was no warmth in Brian's voice. Justin realized he may have bit off more than he could chew.

"Look, I'm sorry. A lot of stuff has happened this weekend. I've been following Nichols. We need to talk about it."

Brian sat up straighter in his chair. "Did you get something on Nichols?" Now he looked less pissed and more curious.

"Umm…no. He did have sex with some woman but nothing illegal."

The scowl was back. "Then what happened this weekend that you need to talk to me about. I'm really busy."

"I didn't go alone."

Brian's eyes narrowed. "Who went with you?"

"His name is Brandon. He hangs out at Popperz. He gave me E a couple weeks ago, remember?"

"Yes, I remember," Brian said slowly, like he couldn't believe what was going on.

Justin knew what he had to say was going to hurt Brian. After the fight they had and Justin telling Brian he didn't want to have sex with anyone but him. Now he was going to have to look his husband in the eye and tell him that he slept with a man and doesn't even remember it.

He walked over to Brian and pulled his chair out. Brian didn't say anything as he straddled him.

"If you think this is going to make up for everything, you are sadly mistaken." Brian went to push him off his lap, but Justin held on.

"No, I just need to tell you something and you can't leave."

"You slept with him," Brian said flatly.

"How'd you know?"

"Because you're scared I'm going to leave because of it."

"That's not why I'm scared you'll leave. I don't even remember having sex with him. I wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't shown me the video."

Brian tensed under him. "There's a video? Wait a minute, you don't remember?"

"No, I don't remember. The last thing I remember is drinking some horrible coffee and getting sick."

"Where did you get the coffee? Maybe someone slipped something in it when you weren't looking."

"No, Brandon got it. We were arguing and he went and got the coffee. No one had time to put something in it, it was in Brandon's eyesight the whole time."

Brian's grip on Justin's hips tightened. "He drugged you?"

"Of course not. Brian, I saw the video I wasn't unconscious or barely awake. I couldn't believe how I was acting. It was so odd. I did things that I've never even thought about doing. Things we've never done."

This time Brian did succeed in pushing him off. Justin fell onto the floor, hitting his back against the desk.

"Brian?"

"So why are you here? Why aren't you home packing?"

"Packing?"

"Moving in with your little boyfriend."

Justin was about to start yelling back until his brain caught up. Brian was jealous. He wasn't this furious until Justin said that him and Brandon did things Brian and him didn't do.

"Brian. The things in that video that we did. I would never do if I was in my right mind."

"What did he make you do?" Brian asked, reaching down now to help him up.

Justin grabbed his hand and let him pull him up. When Brian pulled him back onto his lap he went willingly.

Running his hand over Brian's hair, he cupped the back of his head and pulled him into a kiss. "Can you tell me what was in the video?"

"Trust me, you don't want to know?" Justin wished he didn't know even though he felt very…meh about the whole thing.

"At least tell me you used protection?" Brian asked, staring into his eyes.

"I didn't watch much of the video but there were used condoms in the trash."

"Thank fuck for that. One day you'll have to tell me. I have to admit I'm curious. He didn't rape you did he?" Brian's eyes begged him to say no. Justin was glad he didn't have to lie.

"Brian I watched the video it wasn't rape. I have no idea what it was but I can tell you the two men in the video were very much into it."

"The two men?"

"Even watching it, it doesn't feel like it happened to me. I didn't behave like me or even talk like me. It was weird there was a part when Brandon tried to call me Justin. The faux me stopped him. He called me Sabastian then. Isn't that odd?"

"I'll say."

"Brian, that kind of isn't the worst part. The worst part would be where he said if I didn't steal your ideas for some account he would send the video to you. I told him to go for it. But then he said that he would send it to Nichols' lawyer. He said that I should sneak into your office and get the mock-ups."

"But you didn't," Brian said. Justin could see the fury dancing in his eyes.

"Of course not. This is your livelihood, your life. Why would I steal from you? That kind of betrayal you would never forgive. I could never do that to you."

"So what are you going to do?"

"That's easy. I'm going to let my brilliant husband figure that out," Justin said, giving a big, fake yawn.

"Uh-uh Sunshine. You made your bed now you have to lay in it."

"I think you should make fake files, stuff that the client would hate. Then I'll save it to a thumb drive and give that to him."

"So I'm supposed to do twice the work and just give Brandon my hard work?"

"The way Brandon talked he hadn't met with the client at all. That means you're the one who knows the likes and dislikes. Just make everything that he would hate."

"How about this, I tell you everything they hate. Then you can make the files along with artwork. By the way, who is the client."

"Martin Lumber."

"FUCK!" Brian yelled.

"What?"

"I'm in more trouble than I thought."

"Why?"

"Because no one outside Kinnetik knew about Martin Lumber."

Crap.

"So that means there is a mole here."

"Yes."