- Text Size +

 

A moan forced its way out of his mouth. The time didn't matter, work didn't matter. The only thing that mattered, was for Justin to keep up the magnificent job he was doing on his cock at that very moment.

When they had gone to sleep the night before he thought it might be a while before Justin initiated sex again. Maybe the night with Brandon really wasn't bothering him like Brian thought it would. Brian was doing his best to not let it bother him.

He slid his hand down to where Justin's head was bobbing. Their sex life wasn't boring by any stretch of the imagination but it had been awhile since Justin woke him up like this. It was the best way to wake up. Maybe he could ask for this to become a morning ritual.

Finally, he cracked his eyes open to look down at the blonde. Blue eyes locked on him from under a fall of blonde hair. It was an odd look he was receiving. With Justin there were many different looks. But this one he had never seen before. It was like Justin was looking at him through a stranger's eyes. There was something dangerous behind those familiar yet unfamiliar eyes.

A sharp pain bit into his thigh.

"Shit," he hissed.

Justin was digging his nails into his thigh. Hard. Pushing Justin away, he jumped out of bed.

"What?" a familiar voice said in a strange tone.

"Jesus, you claw my leg and you have the gall to ask 'what.' What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Standing up, Justin sauntering over to their beautiful bay window. It was the reason Justin had wanted the house. He would sit for hours in the window and draw. Lately, Joshua had taken up sitting with him. It wasn't until Justin was at the window that he realized his husband was completely naked.

He noticed he had a tattoo he hadn't ever seen before. It was on his left shoulder blade. Since it looked like Justin was ignoring him now, Brian walked closer. The tattoo's image was clear now. But that didn't make Brian any less puzzled. Why wouldn't Justin tell him that he was getting a tattoo? And why in the hell would he get a tat with a simple letter. It was a capital B, that was all. Was it for Brian? Briana? Banana? Boy George?

"When did you get the tat?" he asked, reaching for Justin.

Instead of answering, Justin just shrugged. He also moved away from Brian's touch.

"What's wrong Justin?"

"Don't call me that."

"What am I supposed to call you? It's your name."

"Do I look like a whiny little pussy? Just the thought of someone thinking we're anything alike makes me want to vomit. Just like touching you, but I thought why not. When else was I going to get the chance to see what everyone talks about."

Brian's eyes widened; it was like a stranger talking. "What are you talking about? You're not making any sense."

"You two are made for each other. You both are so pathetic. How someone hasn't murdered you in your sleep is a mystery to me? Daphne should have finished the job with Justin years ago. Maybe if she had no one would have to put up with his weakness."

Not-Justin suddenly turned back towards Brian and looked him straight in the eye. Fear gripped Brian because whoever this was he was just wearing a Justin suit.

"Umm…okay. I'm going to leave you alone."

He was going to get his kids out of the house with the Not-Justin.

"I've taken care of the children already. You don't need to worry about them."

In his life there were many things that scared him to his core. The day his father put him into the hospital the first time. His first HIV test. The day Gus was born. The day Justin's plane went down. But nothing had ever scared him as much as those calm words spoken by the man wearing his husband's face.

Ignoring the Not-Justin and his evil smile, he took off. Coming to Briana's room first; it was empty. Then he ran to Joshua's room. It was empty too; the thing that stuck out to him that Lockie was still on his bed. Joshua never went anywhere in the house without his stuffed panda bear.

Running back into the bedroom he grabbed the smirking, naked man. "What did you do with them?"

"Don't worry. I didn't hurt them. I don't know if Mr. Nichols can say the same though. He seemed real enthusiastic to get his hands on the girl."

There were no words to describe his fear and hatred at that moment.

"Where are they? Tell me before I kill you right here." He worried he would do it anyway.

"Gone. All gone," he singsonged.

He shoved the man down and ran back out of the room. Not believing that Justin could hurt their children he searched the house. When it became clear that they weren't there he called Carl.

"Horvath," the gruff answer came.

"Something's wrong with Justin. He says he's not Justin and that he gave the kids to Nichols. They aren't here. Where are my children?"

"Brian, calm down," Carl yelled.

"Calm down? How can I calm down? My children are in the hands of a pedophile."

"NO! They are not. They are here."

"What?" He became so dizzy he had to sit down.

"Around four this morning there was a knock on the door. Both kids were on the porch in their PJs."

"Why didn't you call me?" he accused.

"Briana didn't want to go home. Brian, they are terrified of Justin. I was waiting until you called me because I was worried about Justin answering."

"I don't know who the man pretending to be my husband is, but that isn't him. There is something majorly wrong with him. Maybe I should take him to the hospital."

"Are you sure the hospital is the answer?"

"It's either that or divorce. I don't trust him with the kids, and I don't want to be near him."

"We'll keep the kids until you figure out what's going on."

Breathing slowly. "Thanks. Did Briana say how they got there?"

"Yes," Carl gritted out.

He didn't want to hear what his father-in-law was going to say, he just knew it. But he asked anyway. "What happened?"

"Briana said that Justin got them up last night. Didn't even let them get dressed. Joshie wasn't even allowed to bring Lockie. He put them in the car, not caring to even buckle them up. Briana buckled her and Joshie up. She said he stopped out in front of a loud building. She said she didn't know where he went but knew where they were. After a while and Justin didn't return she got Joshie out of the car. She walked down Liberty Avenue at night with her little brother.

"It's a miracle she made it here. I'm thankful she has been walking down here as long as she's been walking. She knew the way to safety. She said she was worried we wouldn't be home. She was crying when Deb opened the door."

Murder. That's all he could think of. He wanted to murder Justin…Not-Justin. Maybe this was his way of getting out of their marriage. Maybe he had been playing him the whole time. Maybe he wanted Brandon after all. Kids and a husband is a lot of work and responsibility for a twenty-five-year-old. At twenty-five he wouldn't have been able to make the commitment he had now.

But nothing was excusable for what he had done to the children. For what could have happened to them. They could have been snatched off the sideway. Or been hit crossing a side-street. His children could be dead at this very moment. That was unforgiveable. What he couldn't understand though was why Not-Justin would lie. Why did he tell him that Nichols had the kids?

"To hurt you, of course. You really are pathetic," Not-Justin said. He was looking at Brian as though he could read his mind.

"You left them in a car while you were doing gods knows what."

"I was spending some quality time with a nice gentleman. I gave him the time of his life and he gave me a little present."

Bile rose in his throat. "You were out whoring yourself when our children were out in your car."

"Those brats aren't mine. I would never tie myself down like that. I was doing you a favor. Unfortunately, I took a little longer than I expected and they were gone when I got back."

"Where were you taking them?" Already knowing the answer.

"Nichols. I wasn't lying, he really wants both kids."

"Fuck, Justin, they are innocent children. You know what kind of man he is."

Not-Justin rushed and jumped on him. Brian's head smacked into the wall behind him. Pain radiated from his skull but he didn't let Not-Justin win. He threw him off of him. The blonde's body fell onto the ground with a thud. Brian straddled his chest, pulling back his fist ready to smash him in the face.

It happened then, he felt the change. The dark, murderous eyes of Not-Justin melted to the sad, loving eyes of Justin.

"Brian? Why?" His eyes shifted from Brian's face to his pulled back fist.

Brian didn't know what was going on but he knew in his heart, that Not-Justin was as real as Justin. It wasn't a game he was playing. Brian had been right to begin with, Justin needed a hospital.

"Sunshine?"

"Please, you're hurting me."

Getting up, he reached down and helped his still naked husband up.

"I don't know what's going on but I don't like it. I'm going to shower and get ready for bed."

"Justin."

"No, I don't want to hear another apology from you."

"Justin," he said rather loudly. "It's six in the morning."

"No, I just put the kids to bed."

"What is the last thing you remember?"

"Just what I said, I read the kids a chapter from their book then put them to bed."

"Sunshine, something's going on with you. Remember that video? You said that you didn't act like yourself."

"Don't remind me of that. I thought you forgave me." It had only been a two days ago.

"I did, but you did something last night."

"Oh god. Did I sleep with Brandon again?" He covered his mouth with his hand.

"No, worse. You got the kids out of bed and took them somewhere on Liberty Avenue. You left them in your car and disappeared. When you didn't come back Briana got Joshie out of the car and took him to your dad's."

Justin was shaking his head. "No, I would never."

"I know you wouldn't. I think something is wrong. Your dad says the kids are scared of you now."

The only thing that jumped out to him was remembering someone telling him about schizophrenia, you had your first break in your late teens to early twenties. Was thinking you are someone else a symptom? That movie he watched with Deb when he was young, that woman thought she was several people. What was it? Sybil. That was it. But he remembered seeing something about multiple personality disorder was a myth.

"Why can't I remember?"

"I don't know. So you feel like it's still last night?"

"Yes. No. Sorta've. It's hard to explain. It's like my body and brain know but I'm sleeping through it. I can almost hear it but nothing makes sense. There is something really wrong isn't there?" Tears ran down his face.

"I think so. We'll get you help, I promise."

"I need you to promise me something else."

"What?" His chest tightened at the pained, broken look on Justin's face.

"If I don't get better, take the kids and leave. Don't let me have a chance to hurt them again."

"No, you not being there is going to hurt them."

Justin gently circled his arms around Brian's waist. "Something terrible could have happened last night. I already scared them and Briana had to protect them both. If the courts find out about this, I want you to start divorce proceeding. Adopt him as a single parent. That man can't get his hands on him; no matter what. Promise me."

Brian knew the answer to that. "I promise."

The drive to Branchwood wasn't like he thought it would be. They both knew it was probably the last time they would spend together for a while. Justin joked about being at home in the place after living with his Dad and Molly. Brian turned up the radio and Justin sang to several songs without really knowing the words. Too soon they were pulling into the mental health facility.

After a short talk with the receptionist Justin signed himself in for a seventy-two-hour observation. When Brian tried to question the staff they told him that they would call. Brian explained shortly what had happened that morning. Fear for the lives of their children being the reason they both came in. Justin was led away, locked behind an iron door, far away from the safety of home.


Never in his life had Justin felt so alone.

"Really?" Sabastian asked.


Two days later Brian got the call. They were going to admit Justin for treatment. His diagnosis was Brief Psychotic Disorder. His symptoms had only been there for two weeks. Since it had never happened before, they were very optimistic that was a onetime occurrence. They were starting him on intensive psychotherapy. He would then need to see his psychiatrist regularly to properly deal with his thoughts and worries. He hadn't seen anybody for help since he was rescued. It seemed to be all too much. Because of that Sabastian had been born. It wasn't a Dissociative Identity Disorder, which would be lifelong treatment.

Justin was coming home at the end of the week, Brian just now had to prepare him for their new news. Yesterday, Carl had called Brian at work. He had just got the news from a detective in Philly. Nichols was killed in a rundown hotel room the night before. Just like that the custody suit was over. But now unfortunately both Brian and Justin were suspects. That was only until he talked to the cops though, during the time of the murder Justin was in Branchwood and Brian was at Lindsay's with Gus.

There was one thing that bothered him about the whole thing. When Justin was his sickest he was apparently talking to Nichols. What would they find on Justin?