- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

All recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. I am in no way affiliated with any franchise connected to these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters and plot of THIS story belong to me. This is solely for entertainment purposes and no money changed hands during its production... 

 

 

The two bodies formerly writhing on the bed now lay sated and exhausted. To look at them, one would automatically believe they were close. Both had the same job; they looked alike and in many instances they even thought alike. But that's where their similarities ended. One was perfectly happy with the way things were, whereas the other wanted more. It was funny really that to the outside world- the world outside of the younger man's bedroom- they would make a head-turning, heart-stopping couple but no one could really know the distance between them despite their familiarity.

 

"What are you thinking about over there?" the taller of the two blonds asked a bit breathlessly. His ass had taken a pounding and with the slightest twitch of the remainder of his body, the twinge would announce itself. Ordinarily he wouldn't have minded but his partner had become increasingly distracted during sex... and that was never a good thing.

 

Brandon Parks had known Justin Taylor since he was seventeen years old. Their boss had found the young man on the street, beaten and homeless. They were surprised to learn that Justin had been living on the streets for more than a year, especially since Justin spoke as a well-bred, highly-educated young man. Although Justin didn't talk about himself much, the beautiful young man made no secret that he was gay. Upon further probing into Justin's story, they were surprised to learn the reason that Justin had been abandoned, especially with the way most heterosexual men viewed homosexuality. But that wasn't the issue with Justin. He'd given them little glimpses of his life here and there but the small bits about himself that he let drop amazed Brandon and Gary. They were always led to believe that the rich or semi-rich didn't have problems like normal people. So the fact that Craig had chosen a woman over his children was beyond surprising to both men. Even though they still didn't know the full story all these years later, to have Justin say even that much to him and Gary had been nothing short of a miracle. Justin didn't trust people as far as he could throw them and Brandon could well understand that, but he'd thought that by now they had become closer than that over the past six years. Apparently not.

 

"Nothing really," Justin answered which both he and Brandon knew was a lie. He looked over at the gold locket hanging on the wall of his bedroom. The sunlight was hitting it just right, giving it the most ethereal glow. He sighed deeply, closing his eyes briefly at the glare but opening them just as quickly not wanting to miss a moment of the sun's transition across it.

 

Where the fuck was Molly? He was worried about Molly... again. It was kinda silly in a way because they were both grown and their lives lay in different directions. But it didn't stop him from being concerned especially since he'd been calling her cell phone for the last three days and was greeted by her voice mail once again this morning. In spite of everything they had been through and their divergent paths, the two siblings had remained close. Their father, Craig Taylor, had wanted to remarry after many years of being widowed, since their mom had died some years prior due to complications from pneumonia. Craig's new fiancee took pride and pleasure in abusing his offspring from his former marriage with Jennifer. When Justin complained, Craig had given him an ultimatum: either treat Marlene with the respect he would have given his own mother or get the fuck out. He had tried, but when he saw what his step-mother-to-be had done to Molly, he just couldn't tolerate it any longer. He stared into the sun-drenched window as he recalled the fateful day which had separated him from the only other person to share the hell before their escape.

 

Justin had arrived at his childhood home early one afternoon since one of his Art Clubs had been cancelled for the afternoon. The walk up the long driveway had turned into a dead run as he heard his sister screaming for their deceased mother and for help. When he went to investigate the problem, he'd found his sister hunched in the corner with the older woman bending over her with a steaming hot iron in her right hand. There was no doubt of Marlene's intent to burn Molly who was only fourteen at the time. He could tell from the wounds to her face and head that Molly had fought back as long and as hard as she could, but Marlene was a vicious bitch and stood as tall as their father.

 

Without thought, Justin grabbed the cast-iron skillet from the dishrack and proceeded to free Molly from the corner which the cowered girl huddled in. He raised the skillet as high as he could above his head and swung it down sharply, hitting the woman in the left shoulder. When she turned to look at what dared to strike her, Justin went behind her to pull his sister out of the corner.

 

"How fucking dare you," she screamed at his back as he forced Molly to run. "You'll pay you little shit. Your father won't be so fucking forgiving of your little candy ass this time."

 

Checking to make sure that he and Molly were far enough away from the evil woman, Justin yelled back. "He will when he finds out that you have been abusing his children."

 

He and Molly had escaped the house to the sound of Marlene's maniacal laughter, which sent a chill down both of their bodies. Scared out of his fucking mind about what had just happened but knowing that he had to be strong for Molly, he asked her about what happened as they walked to their mother's best friend's house. It turned out that Marlene was trying to rape Molly, saying that she was too old to still have her virginity and it was time she was able to pay her own way in the household. When Molly had arrived home from school, it was to find Marlene fucking a man younger than their father. When the man asked Marlene for Molly, the older woman tried to force Molly into the threesome, which the young girl adamantly refused. Marlene had told Molly that the only use she would ever have would be as some man's whore and when Molly screamed at her calling her a liar, the older woman became irate. The guy promptly made his exit as Molly and Marlene fought knowing that there would be hell to pay at the end of the episode. By the end of Molly's recounting of the events leading up to their exodus, Justin was both livid and relieved.

 

As the teenagers were shown into the parlor of Casey and Glenn Shelton, it was by some miracle that they still hadn't lost their minds. Casey had been Jennifer Taylor's best friend since they were in Kindergarten. Both having come from the most affluent families in the same neighborhood they still resided, Casey and Jenn kept the friendship solid until her untimely death. Casey never made it a secret of how much she hated Craig Taylor, but she tolerated him for the sake of her friend and of their two children. Since Casey was childless, she treated Justin and Molly as she would have her own.

 

After Justin and Molly told Casey what had happened, and the reason for their visit, the older lady was furious. She called her husband Glenn, who in turn rushed home with his lawyer, Harry Donaldson, in tow. Because of the age of consent, Justin was technically an adult so it was up to him if he wanted the Sheltons to become his legal guardian or not. He declined their more than generous offer stating that it was more than enough for them to apply for Molly. They reluctantly agreed but added the stipulation that if Justin ever needed anything as little as dental floss or as big as a place to stay, that he would come to them.

 

The very first thing the lawyer had to do was get a restraining order in place for Marlene. Circumventing a number of chains in command, Harry was able to speak directly to a judge who lived in the neighborhood and knew of the tumultuous happenings within the Taylor household. Issuing an immediate arrest warrant, Marlene would be in police custody within the hour. The next order of business was to have Craig Taylor served with official papers of emancipation for Justin and a request that he give up his parental rights to Molly voluntarily. Because of the severity of the abuse inflicted by Marlene, and their father's repeated ignorance in the matter, neither Molly nor Justin trusted Craig to do right by either of them. Although an officer of the court, Justin found that Harry was not above blackmail. If Craig wouldn't agree to give up his rights of his own volition than Harry would have no problem asking that charges of child neglect and endangerment be filed against Craig Taylor as a willing accomplice to Marlene. The matter could go away quietly or publicly; the choice was Craig's. The Sheltons and Mr. Donaldson thought that because of Craig's semi-successful business venture with Taylor Electronics, he would be more likely to settle the matter privately than to have it affect his bottom line. In the meantime, Harry was able to rush through a Temporary Custody form which would be waiting at the Child Protection Service office once they had Craig Taylor sign the document.

 

Upon further investigation into the situation of the kids, it was discovered that Craig Taylor had siphoned all of the money Jennifer had put aside for Justin's college fund and that he was beginning to go through Molly's as well. Attached to the request for Abdication of Parental Rights was also a form that Craig had to sign which would deny him further access to any and all financial records for Molly Anne Taylor. Justin had the option to sue his father for all money pertaining to his trust fund but he declined, wanting nothing further to do with the man after seeing to it that his sister was safe and situated. All four of the occupants of the parlor tried their best to reason with Justin but he remained stalwart in his refusal. All he desired to do was to pick up some of his most treasured belongings from his childhood home and be on his way to begin his life.

 

While doing just that, Craig had arrived just as Justin was leaving. He had already run Molly's things to her after they had received word that Marlene had been arrested and that Glenn and Harry were on their way to Taylor Electronics to have their talk with Craig. He'd left most of his clothes and his school uniform behind deciding that if he couldn't carry it, it had no use to him any longer. He placed the locket his mother had given him before she died in his sock for safe keeping, the little bit of money he had saved up that Marlene hadn't found when she repeatedly searched his room and his sketchbooks in his large duffel bag along with three pairs of jeans and six shirts.

 

"You're a goddamn traitor, you know that?" his father maliciously asked him.

 

Justin rolled his eyes, thinking of all the beatings he and Molly had endured culminating in their defection before replying, "Better a traitor than your son."

 

Justin turned and left the only home he had ever known and many of his hopes and dreams had been left behind. Looking back on that time of his life, he still couldn't regret any of his decisions, especially not the one to join the travelling dance troupe he and Brandon were a part of. He'd travelled the world, seen all the places that he'd never thought to go to. Paris. Milan. London. Tokyo and Malaysia. But he was tired of living out of his suitcase more than he enjoyed the apartment he paid for in Pittsburgh. He wanted the one thing he never thought he'd want ever again... stability.

 

"Justin. Come on, man. After all these years you still don't trust me enough to answer my questions directly?" Brandon asked, looking at the man beside him wishing more than anything that he could really get to know Justin Taylor. He'd made no secret of his desire to do so, but Justin still kept him-- kept everyone-- at arm's length. He would show affection with one hand while pushing back and saying not to read too much into it with the other.

 

"It's not that Brandon..."

 

"Isn't it though?"

 

"There are just some things I would rather not discuss," Justin finished his thought. He really appreciated Brandon as a friend. He knew that the older blond wanted more from him, but there was just no fucking way that was happening. It wasn't that he didn't like Brandon, but that was all. He didn't want to encourage the man to fall for him; Justin wasn't in the market for that kind of connection. Perhaps he never would be, but even if he were, he didn't want it to be with Brandon. Justin considered him a true friend. Well as much of a friend as Justin would allow himself to have at any rate. The last person he considered a true friend was Daphne Chanders and they had lost touch many years ago, after his father had threatened to call the cops on the Chanders when Justin had first run away to their house back when he was fifteen. Reluctantly the Chanders told both Justin and Daphne that they had to end their association, especially with their medical licenses and jobs being threatened by Craig. They just couldn't risk it and honestly Justin didn't want them to. "I just need to make some decisions, Bran."

 

"About what? Not that school thing again, Justin." Brandon huffed. He knew that Justin was seriously considering leaving the troupe to go to school full-time. "Look, dude, we have a good life. We make enough money that we can live comfortably without the worries of the early days when we had just started. Gary takes care of us."

 

Justin sighed. "I know all of that Brandon, but what about what I want?"

 

"What more could you possibly want? You've seen more and done more than most people will ever do in a lifetime."

 

"Yeah but at what cost?" Justin shook his head. This was definitely something he needed to figure out on his own. "Bran, I'm twenty-three years old and have now reached the point where I need to reevaluate my options. I'm not saying that I'm leaving the troupe. Who knows, after all of this soul-searching I might just find that this is the life for me. But this is something that I have to decide, me and me alone. Neither you nor Gary can give me these answers, so no, I'm not asking for your permission, but I am asking for your understanding and for you to keep this to yourself. Okay?"

 

Yes, Brandon was right; he had done more than most people would ever do. But that didn't stop him from missing home, from missing Molly and the Sheltons, from having roots. Yeah. That's what Justin missed the most. The feeling of being grounded, of having a real home for himself. Those were things that could not happen when he was on the road ten months out of a year. But he couldn't deny that he had more than enough money saved up to at least get him started without worrying how he was going to pay his rent, eat, and pay tuition. Although he didn't tell anyone, he'd arranged to take a College Entrance Exam the last time he was in Pittsburgh and he'd scored pretty high. Perhaps that was where his life was leading him.

 

He looked over at the clock noting the time. Their next show was three hours away. He rolled over to his side preparing to get out of bed. It was going to be a grueling afternoon with the three appearances they had to do.

 

"Where are you going? We still have three hours before show time," Brandon said still a little miffed about the conversation he and Justin were having.

 

"I want to grab something to eat before the show starts and I also need to pick up my mail."

 

"Can't you do all of that tomorrow?" Brandon asked huskily. Seeing Justin naked always sent his libido into overdrive.

 

"I suppose I could pick up my mail tomorrow but I really would rather do it now. You know how I feel about waiting on line and such. The post office should be running at a snail's pace right now which basically means I'll be in and out in time enough to get to the diner before the lunch crowd gets in."

 

"Come on, Justin. Come back to bed."

 

"Come on, Brandon, get out of my bed. Go home, shower, change and I'll meet you at work," Justin replied feeling uneasy at Brandon's sudden clinginess.

 

"Wouldn't you rather spend the rest of the morning fucking me into oblivion?"

 

Justin laughed. "Nope. If I do that, you won't be able to lift me properly. I don't relish the idea of falling on my head because you're exhausted. Go home, take a nap, take a shower, get something to eat and then go to work."

 

Brandon chuckled at Justin's insistence. Getting up, he began to put on his clothes. He didn't live very far from Justin's apartment and would arrive home in about ten minutes. "Fine, I will do as you suggest since you asked so nicely," he said sardonically.

 

"No, Brandon. I didn't ask; I ordered."

 

"Watch it, little blond. You'll only be allowed to order me around so much before I really show you who's boss."

 

Justin smiled as he watched Brandon cross the room to the door. He really did enjoy being friends with the man. It was too bad that he wanted more than what Justin was willing to give, but that was life. "I'll see you in a few hours, Bran, and remember your promise. No one is to know what we discussed until I have figured out what I want, okay?"

 

"I get it, Justin, even though I really don't understand why you feel you have to make a decision about this at all. But as your friend, I will keep your secret. I've never betrayed you like that before; I won't start now." Brandon opened the door and closed it behind him softly.

 

Justin breathed a sigh of relief before walking over to the door and locking it behind his departing guest. He honestly couldn't wait to get to the post office. He was almost tempted to tell Brandon the reason, but based on his comments about not understanding why Justin would want to leave the troupe, he knew that if Brandon found out about the entrance exams, the older man would flip out. Justin had applied to Carnegie Mellon and to the Institute of Fine Arts. If Justin had his way, he would attend both of them that way he could get done with his degrees that much faster. Many years ago, he had wanted to be an animator but that had been one of the dreams Justin had left behind in his old life. Instead he shifted his focus to the world of Advertising.

 

In his perfect job, he would either own the company or be one of the top execs in the business. He was prepared to do whatever he had to do to succeed, not only for his own benefit and Molly's but to show Craig Taylor what an asshole he was. His mother used to say ‘One monkey doesn't stop a show' and Craig Taylor must be Boo-boo the Fool if he ever thought that he would stop Justin's. But first he needed to know if he'd gotten into either one of the schools.... and then he'd figure out how to pay for it.

 

~LS~

 

Brian couldn't believe he'd been talked into this. He barely celebrated the traditional New Year but this year, thanks to Emmett and Ted he was freezing his balls off in Chinatown in fucking February waiting for the festival to begin.

 

"Oh come on Brian, cheer up already," Emmett groused at the brunet. "It can only help your cause with Mrs. Marsden. You know she's big on these things."

 

"That's true, Bri. Kinnetik could definitely use the connections she has, and if standing here waiting to see a traditional Lion Dance performed is the least but most effective way to gain her account, this is nothing. At least you disabused her of the notion of fucking her."

 

Brian and Emmett snickered at that. It was true. Elizabeth Marsden had made no secret of her desire for Brian Kinney. She was an older lady who knew how to rev up her sex appeal, and a cougar who surrounded herself with a horde of attractive men at every opportunity. So it was a let down when Brian refused her numerous offers to become the favorite in her all-male harem. When he explained to her that he was her counterpart in gay male form, she took it in stride and they had come to an understanding of sorts. The only stipulation to her signing with Kinnetik was that she wanted an Asian-themed campaign for her furniture line which also paid homage to their heritage. Unfortunately as well-versed in various cultures as Brian was, especially where food was concerned, he wasn't all that educated in celebrating their special events such as the Chinese New Year. And although eager to learn new things, he was definitely averse to his gonads becoming popsicles.

 

"Alright, I get it. I just wish they would hurry the fuck up. I could've still been nice and warm in the diner sipping coffee."

 

Emmett laughed harder then. "You're not fooling us, Brian. You mean you could have been warm in the diner sipping on that delectable blond we saw in the corner with his stacks of mail. I saw how you looked at him."

 

"Yeah well. My interest didn't go unreturned. I could have had him."

 

"I don't doubt that Mr. Kinney, but from where I was sitting, he looked like he was much more interested in perusing his mail than to take a break to visit the bathroom. Speaking of which, how do you think Deb knows him?"

 

Brian scrunched his forehead thinking about witnessing that scene. They had arrived in time to hear Debbie's greeting for the person who had entered behind them. At first all three were puzzled by the lack of greeting she had for them. There was no doubt that among the crowds that frequented the Liberty Diner, Ted, Emmett and Brian were her favorites coming in second to her only son, Michael. But then again, she was considered everybody's favorite on the Avenue and provided motherly advice, sardonic wit, and a ready smile to any and all who frequented the eatery. "I don't know but I think the name she called him suited him to a tee."

 

"Sunshine," Ted said. "Yeah, it did suit him with all that blond hair and the wide smile which lit up the room. He reminded me a lot of Blake."

 

Emmett and Brian both rolled their eyes at the mention of Ted's lost love. "You know Teddy, you should really move on. It's not like Blake hasn't already," Emmett said.

 

"Well gee Em, tell me how you really feel, why don't you?" Ted's annoyance was clear in his voice. They had been over this a million times but Blake's defection didn't hurt any less. "Besides I have moved on."

 

"To what? Oh I know. It must be your ever-present affair with a fucking accounting ledger. Or it must be that growing and budding relationship with your new shopping habit. Or perhaps you're planning more date nights with your right hand and laptop," Emmett stated. "You know Brian, you should really check Teddy's hand. His skin is probably callous free since he's probably spending more than a hundred bucks in lube every other week."

 

"Look Betty and Veronica, could you two knock it off already? I swear, I wonder how the fuck you two could have ever gotten together to try your hands at Heteronormative Roulette. You two argue almost as much as my folks used to." Brian shuddered at the thought which did not go unnoticed by either man.

 

Although Brian didn't talk about his past very much, Ted and Emmett had been around enough when he would utter some offhand comment about life in the Kinney household. Each remembered attending the funeral of Jack Kinney some years before and the coldness which emitted that had nothing to do with weather. As Ted and Emmett had walked down the street talking about it, Emmett had remarked aloud how he didn't know how Brian survived in that house. Ted had asked, ‘Who said he did?' and both men had grown silent at the small glimpse they had received which had somewhat explained what made Brian Kinney the way he was. It was a humbling experience for both of them.

 

"Not for nothing Brian, but we're sorry. Ted and I just don't see eye-to-eye on how he's living his life right now," Emmett said.

 

"That maybe true Em, but it's his fucking life. If he chooses to waste it palming his penis to porn instead of finding a new insatiable Twink to fuck everywhere, including his bed then that's Ted's choice. As long as he doesn't cum at his computer in the office I don't give a fuck. And you shouldn't either."

 

Ted bristled at Brian's comment about his time at Wertschafters Accounting Firm but he had to agree with what Brian was saying about his life. Deciding to change the subject and to put Brian in the hot seat while doing it, Ted asked, "So Boss, have you found a date yet?"

 

"I'm taking Cynthia to the opening or have you forgotten, Ted?"

 

Ted chuckled and shook his head. "Actually you aren't taking Cynthia so you must have forgotten. She's spending the week in Wine Country this week at Tony's Vineyard for research. You approved it over a month ago, remember?"

 

Fuck, he had actually forgotten that. Ever since he had given her the promotion to Senior Ad Exec, he only used her as his personal assistant on the things that he wouldn't trust anyone else with. The replacement she had trained was working out okay so far but it was times like this that he missed having Cynthia by his side. He hated attending openings as it was, even if it did help to expand his business. Having her by his side had always made them bearable. She was fun, sharp, witty and kept Brian focused without being overbearing or condescending by turns. When he had started Kinnetik, she was right there in the trenches with him and Ted, getting the work done, bringing in accounts and at the same time keeping Brian sane. On top of it all, she was the best female friend he'd ever had, including Lindsay. She didn't judge, handed his bullshit back to him, and didn't let everyone else's foolery touch Brian while she was able to stop it from happening. "I'll just stag it then," Brian said resignedly even as he watched Ted and Emmett shake their heads.

 

"You can't, Brian. It's the week-long launch party for Chartrez and you promised them you would bring your significant other. You know how that couple is about having single people around them. Hell, it's a resort for COUPLES Brian, and the first one that has a gay, straight and indifferent side. Although it's close enough to the Burgh, you're supposed to stay the week at the resort. You promised them," Ted practically pleaded with him. The account was worth a quarter of a million dollars each year for the next three years. Mr. and Mrs. Chartrez had refused to sign with Vanguard Advertising simply because Gardner Vance was in the middle of a nasty divorce from his third wife, having been caught with his face embedded in his secretary's twat. The only reason Brian was granted an exception was because he was gay. Peter and Priscilla Chartrez stated that since gay marriage was newly legal, it would stand to reason that he wasn't ready to make the move into matrimony. Although Brian hadn't lied or volunteered that he was in a committed relationship, he didn't deny that he was either.   

 

The beat of the drums in the background matched the feeling of Brian's heartbeat in his chest. How the fuck could he have forgotten the stipulation of the Chartrez account. They were firm ‘Love is All' believers and were one of those types of couples that Brian usually avoided like the plague- the kind that wanted everyone associated with them to be as in love as they were. The thing in their favor was that they were not homophobes by any extent of the word. They just wanted EVERYONE to be in love too, no matter who they were in love with. Brian pinched the bridge of his nose trying to stem the excruciating migraine he felt pushing behind his eyes. He turned towards Emmett who was tapping his shoulder insistently, mesmerized by whatever-the-fuck he was staring at in front of him.

 

"Brian...."

 

"What the fuck?" Brian asked annoyed. He grabbed the tall queen's hand, squeezing it. "Tap me one more fucking time, Emmett and I'm going to slug you. Now what the fuck is your problem?"

 

Emmett turned to Brian with a slight frown on his face at Brian's tone. Deciding to ignore it for now, Emmett pasted the slightest smirk on his face. "So... Brian, how would you like another shot with the blond from the diner?"

 

Brian looked at Emmett, genuinely puzzled by the man's question. Here he was trying his damndest not to fucking panic about a week-long launch party which could literally break his business and Emmett was asking about the bubble-butt blond from the diner? "Why don't you forget the question Honeycutt and tell me what the fuck you're getting at?"

 

"First of all, don't call me Honeycutt, Kinney. Secondly, I thought that you might actually need help finding a date for the week. But perhaps that was my mistake. Forgive me, oh Great One for trying to find a way to save your ass. Carry on," Emmett said with a wave of his hand as if what he was suggesting was of no consequence. He waited for his words to sink into Brian's brain. He didn't have to wait long at all.

 

"Wait. He's here?"

 

Emmett smiled widely at the sudden eagerness in Brian's voice. "In the flesh. I can't believe you don't see him. Do you need glasses?"

 

"Fuck you, Em," Brian responded while continuing to look around. After about five minutes, Brian finally asked, "Well where the hell is he?" All pretense of nonchalance and patience had flown away, and in its place, Brian's exasperation with the whole situation had risen.

 

Ted chuckled and spoke up then. "Perhaps if you look at the dancers a bit more closely, you'll see Sunshine."

 

It would have been easy to do except at the moment, Brian saw only one blond head peeking out from the bottom of the Lion's costume the two men were sporting and it did not belong to the elusive blond Brian was expecting to see. The man on the bottom was fairly muscular and had shoulder-length dirty blond hair which was definitely not an eye-catching shade of gold which effortlessly drew the eye. Currently, he was balancing what appeared to be a shorter man on top of his shoulders. The massive mask was covering any facial feature of the man which may have been visible otherwise. Brian gasped with the rest of the crowd as the top entity began to look as if he was falling, before landing solidly on his feet causing the crowd to clap wildly in response. It was at that moment that Brian's breath caught in his throat for the second time that afternoon.

 

The beautiful blond from the diner appeared from behind the mask, smiling and flirting with the audience almost as if he were playing a game of hide and seek with the onlookers. He incurred many chuckles and Brian had heard more than one man or woman in the crowd practically swoon whenever he paid them the slightest attention. The guy was certainly charismatic, allowing the audience to feel as if they were a part of the show even as he and the other blond performed some of the most athletic tricks with the giant costume. Tricks which would rival any trapeze artists and captivate an audience so much that even Brian couldn't find fault in watching such a performance. Brian could certainly understand Ms. Marsden's fascination with Asian culture a bit more since he was becoming entranced with the beauty of their movements himself. It was like poetry in motion and the fact that the two blonds performing the dance were also gorgeous was an added bonus.

 

When the dance has finished and the duo took their bows, they rushed off the stage. The next act was a dragon dance which Brian thought would be interesting to watch but right now he was a man on a mission. He had to find that blond. Brian headed off in the direction that he'd seen the two men go, hoping against hope that he'd be able to catch the shorter blond before he disappeared into thin air again. The young man was proving to be elusive, as Brian had caught a glimpse of him from a distance, but by the time Brian had reached the same spot, he was nowhere in sight. However, Brian was in a bit of luck because he did spot the taller blond walking away in what he assumed was a huff. Lovers spat perhaps? Brian shook off the thought as he approached the dirty blond.

 

"Trouble in paradise?" Brian asked nonchalantly leaning against the wall of one of the buildings that he assumed was a storage locker of some sort. Brian noted that the blond was just a smidge shorter than he was with crystal blue eyes. He really was a fine specimen and if Brian had the time, he would definitely have loved to fuck him but he had more important matters to attend to.

 

"You're really not supposed to be back here," he drawled. "But I might be willing to make an exception."

 

Brian licked his lips. "Oh yeah... and why's that?"

 

"As if you don't know. You're definitely fuckable and I would love nothing better than to bend you over."

 

Brian almost laughed as the taller blond moved closer to him. Although he really should have been going, he couldn't resist the urge to hear what this guy had to say. Sadly-- or more accurately happily-- he wouldn't get the chance.

 

"Okay Brandon, I'm....you."

 

"Me," Brian answered as he faced the young blond before him.

 

"What are you doing here? Have you been following me?" The suspicious and gorgeous cerulean blue eyes glowered at him.

 

The boy was even more beautiful close up, Brian mused. Even scowling at him as he was, Brian thought back to Debbie's nickname for him. "I don't follow anyone around, Sunshine. However, I just happened to catch your show and thought that maybe you would like to get a cup of coffee with me. It is freezing out here after all."

 

"Wait...you two know each other?" Brandon asked.

 

"Not officially but I'd like to change that immediately," the brunet answered. Turning his full attention back to Justin, he extended his hand. "Brian Kinney."

 

"Justin Taylor," the smaller blond extended his hand as well. He almost dropped it when he felt the small spark in the palm of their ungloved hands. He looked up into the hazel eyes of the man who still held his hand. The look in them must have matched his own and Justin knew immediately that the continued contact could spell trouble. Disengaging his hand, he said, "It's a pleasure to meet you. I think I've heard Debbie mention you a time or two in passing."

 

"Really? I'm almost afraid to ask you what she said," Brian joked.

 

Justin chuckled. "I assure you Mr. Kinney, it's all damning information."

 

Brian laughed as well. "Glad to see she's not ruining my reputation."

 

Brian and Justin would have been happy to continue their banter except..."Excuse me, but Justin, we really should be going now," Brandon cut in.

 

Brian frowned at the tone the other blond was taking. He wondered again, not for the first time, what the deal was with those two.

 

Justin bristled at the insistent tone Brandon had adopted. This wasn't the first time Brandon had taken it, and it only made an appearance in the presence of another man who he noticed Justin may have been interested in. Whether that was the case for Mr. Kinney or not, Justin didn't want to speculate at the moment, but he'd be damned if he'd let Brandon dictate his wishes to him and just follow blindly to keep the peace. "Actually Brandon, Mr. Kinney and I are going to get a cup of coffee. Tell Gary I will call him later and let him know what my schedule is going to be like this week."

 

"Won't you be back in time for the second and third shows?" Brandon asked. He didn't like the vibes he was getting from Justin and this tall handsome brunet at all. The air of familiarity swirled around them even though they just met and they were laughing as if they were old friends.

 

"Not today, Brandon. I already told Gary that much at least. You'll be fine with Jason though. He's really good and steady on his feet. I've been working with him during the off hours even though he's my understudy." Justin chanced a glance at Mr. Kinney noticing how much he was following the conversation. To the man's credit, unlike Brandon he was standing by patiently allowing Justin to decide what he wanted to do. He didn't offer a comment to persuade or dissuade Justin in the matter. Justin felt a sudden warmth in his cheeks when the sparkling hazel eyes briefly connected with his own.

 

"You know Gary's not going to take kindly to you putting off discussing your contract." Brandon tried another tactic, reminding Justin of his responsibilities while hoping that Justin would ditch the brunet. He'd seen the way they looked at each other; felt the moment they really became aware of each other when they touched and he fucking hated it. Justin was already pushing him away for whatever reason but the advent of the sexy brunet was could mean the end of everything that could be between he and Justin. Brandon mentally shook his head even as his eyes remained focused on Justin. He knew what Justin was going to say even before he heard the words. This cannot be good.

 

"Be that as it may, I'll handle Gary and the contract when I need to. After this last show, I just want to get somewhere and warm up. Good luck renegotiating your own contract with him. I hope he's more than generous with you because you deserve it Brandon," Justin said as he moved closer to the blond and placed a kiss on his cheek. It was true. Justin couldn't have asked to be paired up with a better partner. Brandon really took care keeping Justin safe during their high-flying stunts and he really was a great friend in the process. "I'll call you later to find out the details. Are you ready, Mr. Kinney?"

 

"Please call me Brian."

 

"Brian then," Justin said and smiled. "So now that we have that straight, where do you want to go for coffee?"

 

"Not the diner."

 

Justin laughed and grabbed Brian's arm as they moved back toward the entrance to the dancer's quarters. "I wouldn't dream of it. This time of day you'd be lucky if you would get a seat. Besides, I was supposed to do two other shows today."

 

"Oh so what happened?"

 

Justin shook his head. "I'll tell you over coffee," he answered simply even as he felt Brandon's eyes on his back watching them leave.

 

Brian and Justin ran into Emmett and Ted who had stuck around to watch the Dragon show which was ending just as the two reached them. Ted's eyes registered surprise even as Emmett grinned wide at Brian's introduction. "So Mr. Kinney, I think you've taken my suggestion to heart," Emmett gushed.

 

Brian shrugged. "We'll see how coffee goes. In the meantime, I came to tell you that we're leaving. If anyone asks, you can tell them that I'm away but please keep your mouths shut about where. Theodore, I'll see you at the office in the morning to go over the Marsden account. I think I have an idea or two."

 

Ted smirked. "I thought you might, Boss. Not sorry you came now are you?"

 

Brian looked down at Justin who was following the conversation with interest. "No."

 

That one word answer said a million things to Emmett and Ted although Brian didn't know it. He and Justin walked off leaving the two men behind to speculate on what could possibly happen between them.

 

~LS~

 

After riding nearly a half hour in silence, Brian and Justin decided on a coffee shop just outside of Pittsburgh. Justin had been a little uneasy at first riding in the car with a strange man no matter how gorgeous he may be. Here was yet another reason he was contemplating putting some roots down in Pittsburgh. Although he'd been a resident of the city for his entire life, it never dawned on Justin just how much he'd always felt like a visitor until now. His apartment was in a word, cold. It was a place that was more like a motel room than anything else; someplace just to rest his head and fuck for a week at a time whenever he was allowed a break from travelling. His mind and body was tired and he always felt like he was waiting for the other shoe to drop. The fact that he still wasn't able to talk to Molly just added to his stress. Justin had called Casey Shelton while he was waiting for his show to begin and even though she had set his mind at ease about Molly, it still had only helped marginally.

 

Alighting from the car, he decided to turn his thoughts back to his companion of the moment. Brian Kinney. Just his name caused a small flutter in the pit of his stomach although there was no way for Brian to know that. Justin was a master at masking his feelings, learning long ago that fear, nervousness or excitement had no place in his life. In the past, the more he showed his true feelings to anyone outside of Molly, the Sheltons and Harry Donaldson, the more he set himself up for disappointment and allowed those people power over him. He had a feeling that being in the presence of Brian Kinney was no different, even if he did sense a kindred soul underneath the smooth exterior.

 

Justin looked at the man out of the corner of his eye as they walked to the entrance. Brian was a little taller than Brandon, clothed exquisitely and expensively for all the casualness of his appearance. The Boss leather jacket appeared to be tailored to hug the broad shoulders while the jeans molded to Brian's slender yet muscular thighs. As an artist, Justin couldn't help but take notice of the picture Brian made and as a gay man, Justin couldn't help but want to unwrap him like a gift from the gods. But those thoughts he would keep to himself.

 

Brian ordered a tall nonfat latte while Justin decided on hot apple cider as his first choice. Despite the warmth of the clothing he wore while he performed outside during the winter, somehow Justin always still felt a chill until he had that first cup of cider. After that he could drink all the coffee he wanted but the last thing he needed was to feel as if his bones were clacking together beneath his skin. The dangers of bone chill was a lesson he'd learned many years ago and one he wasn't eager to repeat.

 

"So how did you become a dancer?" Brian asked after he'd taken the first sip of his beverage.

 

"I met Gary back when I was seventeen and decided that I wanted to travel. It seemed the perfect opportunity to do so," Justin answered, injecting the slightest hint into the perfunctory answer. It was the truth...not the whole truth but the truth nonetheless.

 

"Are you from the Pitts? I've never seen you around at the diner before," Brian said. He'd noticed the vague answer Justin had given him and although he really wanted to know why, he decided to keep the conversation light for now.

 

"I was actually born and raised here." Justin shrugged. "I try to come back whenever I can but it's not all that often. Usually I'm only back for a week at a time and that's spent taking care of my business before I have to hit the road again."

 

Brian's ears perked up. "You said ‘usually.' That implies that this time your visit is unusual, Justin."

 

Justin smiled. He couldn't believe that Brian had caught that. "What is it you really want to know, Mr. Kinney?"

 

Brian fought like hell to still the shiver that slid through his body at Justin's voice calling him ‘Mr. Kinney.' That never happened before, but he couldn't say whether he liked it or not. There was already something about the enigmatic blond that intrigued him since he'd first noticed him at the diner. Taking another sip of his liquid, Brian decided to level with Justin. "Okay, Justin, here's the deal: I need a date for every night this week." At the blond's surprised look, Brian snickered but continued. "It's not that I can't find a date; it's that I need a very specific kind of date."

 

"Brian, you're talking in circles. Why don't you just tell me what you're looking for and we'll see if I'm willing to accommodate you? But let's be clear right off the bat, I'm not, nor have I ever been, an escort. So it will do well for you not to treat me as one."

 

Brian folded his lips in. He really liked Justin's style. Honest and straightforward was how he preferred things and he could respect those qualities in Justin. He decided to be the same. "Look, I won't deny that I find you attractive. You're fucking hot. But there is also an underlying quality that I'm looking for in this situation."

 

"And that is?"

 

"You have Country Club breeding." Justin gasped involuntarily and Brian found that he liked that sound. "Don't deny it; I can tell. My thought is that you grew up in the heart of the WASP nest. One of my best friends is also a WASP, so it's not hard for me to spot one. Your controlled speech and manner with Brandon also screamed it. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the advertising agency called Kinnetik Global."

 

"I am," Justin stated simply almost laughing aloud at the the surprised look on Brian's face. "It was noted as the fastest growing company on the East Coast last year and is listed in the Fortune 500 and has been since its inception about six years ago."

 

"Yes well... you're looking at the owner of the company."

 

"Well fuck me."

 

"I'd love to," Brian smiled. "But that's not why I asked you for coffee." He and Justin laughed before getting down to business again. "The thing is, there is a week-long launch party for one of my biggest clients. Although they know that I have to come back and forth into the city for work, I am required to be there each night. Their resort is the first of its kind in which gays and straights can co-mingle without homophobia being an issue. It's called the Chartrez Resort and it's for couples only. The owners and operators, Peter and Priscilla Chartrez designed the resort with that stipulation in mind. They are a couple in love with ‘Love.' Consequently, they wouldn't even consider going with an agency who didn't believe in their concept and wasn't in a committed relationship themselves. They cut all ties with Vanguard Advertising because the owner is divorcing his third wife."

 

"So why not tell them that you aren't married? Surely they know that gay people aren't allowed to marry," Justin reasoned.

 

"Of course they know that I'm not married and since gay marriage is only newly legal, it's not a big deal. However, they were big advocates for the right of gays to do so if they choose. They believe that all people should have the right to love who they want but they also want everyone they associate with, both for business and pleasure to have a strong committed relationship themselves. Like I said, they are in love with love."

 

"So where do I fit into this?" Justin didn't believe in love but he admired those who did. He just wasn't willing to put himself out there in that way. His father had taught him a very valuable lesson about ‘loving' that would never be forgotten. It was the first thing that Craig Taylor would utter after inflicting, physical, emotional and mental abuse upon his children and to justify him allowing Marlene to do the same.

 

"I want us to enter a committed relationship," Brian punctuated with air quotes, "for a week."

 

"Wait. I thought you said that you have the account already."

 

"I do but..."

 

Justin smiled. There was a reason that Brian wasn't willing to tell them to shove their account up their asses. "How much is the account worth?"

 

Brian smiled understanding that Justin was on to him. He was happy that the young man in front of him was far from stupid. "The account is worth a quarter of a million dollars per year. So far they have signed with Kinnetik for the next three with the stipulation that I remain in a committed relationship for the duration."

 

Justin whistled low. "That's a hefty piece of blackmail you're dealing with Brian."

 

"I know, but it's for a really good cause."

 

"The new Armani Spring Collection?"

 

Brian laughed. "Among other things, mainly my art department and a new office expansion. Kinnetik's reputation is growing and now we're beginning to chart in International waters. Several of our clients in the last year are from Europe and I'm thinking that we need at least a small branch over there to begin."

 

"Wow. That's quite the ambition you have there, Brian. I must say that I admire it."

 

"Thank you," Brian said sincerely. "So the only questions that remain are, will you do it and how much do you want?"

 

Justin leaned back in his chair and thought about the acceptance letters burning a hole in his jacket pocket. He'd been accepted to both PIFA and Carnegie Mellon. The good news was that CMU was willing to take his travelling experience with the dance troupe and apply it to most of his International Business courses including the foreign language requirements and the internship usually reserved 4th year students. The fact that Justin was fluent in six languages and owned a share in the dance troupe he worked for did a lot to dispel the theory that he needed to waste the individual Professor's time as well as his own. By Justin's calculations, those factors would knock at least a year off of his time spent in college. The money he already had saved up would pay for two years enrollment in PIFA. So really he had the last two years and three years of Carnegie Mellon to worry about.

 

"Two hundred thousand dollars should cover it," Justin said as if he'd just asked for twenty dollars.

 

Brian nearly choked on his coffee. "Pardon me? Did you really just say--"

 

"Two hundred thousand? Yes, I did."

 

"Not to get all up in your business but, what the fuck?"

 

Justin laughed but decided that since Brian was being so honest, he would too. "I'm tired, Brian. I have been travelling since I was seventeen, spending only eight weeks at my apartment which I have still paid for in all that time. I want to stay put for awhile and get my college degrees. That and maybe even make a home for myself in the process. Now you need a ‘date' for a week and I've been accepted to CMU and PIFA. It's a win-win situation."

 

Brian was shocked at Justin's candidness. Maybe this can work to my advantage a bit more. "So you're an artist?"

 

"Not yet but I'd like to think that since I got into PIFA, I'm well on my way to being one."

 

Brian nodded. "And what will you be attending CMU for?"

 

Justin smiled and suddenly Brian understood why Debbie called him ‘Sunshine.' "I'll be going for a Business Administration degree with a minor in Advertising."

 

"Did you suddenly decide that or have you been thinking about it for awhile?"

 

Instead of answering, Justin pulled the two acceptance letters out of his pocket and handed them to Brian. The first thing Brian noticed was the address. Holy shit! "You're my downstairs neighbor."

 

"Excuse me?" Justin said completely puzzled.

 

"The address is the same as mine except the apartment number. 67 Tremont Street Apartment 5A. That loft is directly underneath mine. I own the entire 6th floor."

 

"Holy fucking shit," Justin shook his head. "I'm the reason you couldn't buy out the entire building." Justin laughed. "Well it seems that we were destined to meet after all, Mr. Kinney."

 

Brian turned his attention back to the letter deciding that they will reexamine the problem of Justin's apartment at a later time. The letter from CMU read:

 

Dear Mr. Taylor,

Carnegie Mellon University and our Business Administration Department would like to extend this word of welcome. We think you will be an excellent addition to our student body. Also please be advised that your life experience has allowed us to credit you in the International Business portion of your studies. Although your minor will be geared towards Advertising, the credits will still count towards your official Business degree. Due to the extenuating circumstances of your travel schedule, we are extending the deadline for your receipt and response of this letter. We anxiously await to hear from you.


Regards and Safe Travels,


Professor Benjamin Bruckner

Acting Dean of the Business Department

Interim Professor of Business Law and Ethics 101

Professor of Literary Studies

 

Brian laughed at the end of the letter. This whole situation was just getting better and better.

 

"What?" Justin asked.

 

"The person who signed your letter is my friend's husband and Debbie's son-in-law. I guess you are right in that we were fated to meet each other one way or another. And I hate that I'm even considering fate in any form but I'm starting to believe that very little is marked strictly by coincidence- at least in this case. So it looks like you have yourself a deal, Mr. Taylor."

 

Justin extended his hand to shake Brian's and was a bit puzzled when Brian rose from his chair instead. Pulling Justin up along with him, Brian wrapped his arms around the younger man. "What are you doing, Kinney? I thought we agreed that you wouldn't treat me like an escort," Justin demanded.

 

Brian shook his head and tightened his hold on his squirming charge. "I'm not. I'm treating you as I would a partner. I figured there's no time like the present to start." After saying that, Brian lowered his head and captured Justin's lips before the younger man had a chance to protest.

 

Justin felt the whoosh of breath hurry from his body the moment Brian's lips connected with his own. The press of the older man's lips was firm yet gentle. At Brian's subtle insistence, Justin opened his mouth and allowed Brian's tongue entry. Justin very rarely kissed anyone, considering it too inflammatory and too intimate an act to be squandered on a common trick. Kissing Brian Kinney right then he could certainly understand why he'd always felt that way.

 

As Brian's tongue stroked the underside of his tongue, Justin's breath hitched in his throat. Wherever Brian's tongue went, his own tongue chased it even though his brain was screaming for him to stop letting Brian take liberties. Brian's dancing organ seemed intent on pulling the will for self-preservation from Justin, leaving the younger man hungry for more. His cock began to throb insistently even as Justin's hands involuntarily gripped the back of Brian's head bringing him closer. He was at the point where all he wanted to do was lose himself inside of the kiss, and the blond had no will of his own to stop it.

 

Brian was experiencing the same emotions on his part. For a man who was always in control, he seemed to have none when it came to the young blond. Behind his closed eyes, Brian could see all sorts of danger signs flashing, warning him to stop the passionate madness that was creating the most sensual haze Brian had ever been involved in. He didn't understand what it was about Justin Taylor that made him want to expose himself-- not only physically but emotionally. The younger man was dangerous to the autonomy that Brian held dear, but as he explored Justin's mouth, he found he didn't give a shit. He would deal with the fallout of the kiss later.

 

Hearing the subtle clearing of a throat to the side of them brought an end to the action. Brian looked over to see who had interrupted them and couldn't help the eyeroll that surfaced as he beheld the culprits' smiling faces. "What the fuck are you two doing here?"

 

"Oh Brian, we come here all the time. Don't we, Teddy?" Emmett asked his companion innocently.

 

Ted snickered in response. "Not at all, Em."

 

Justin couldn't help but laugh as well. He was still trying to shake off the effects of that drugging kiss. Frankly he was grateful for the interruption although his cock certainly was protesting it. Needing a reprieve, he said, "Nice to see you both again Emmett and Ted. Brian, I'm just going to go to the restroom."

 

The brunet nodded watching Justin make his way across the shop and disappearing behind the partition in the far corner. His eyes couldn't help but notice the sway of the most enticing ass he'd ever seen. This fucking week is going to be hard as I am right now. Brian shook himself out of his reverie to refocus his attention on Emmett and Ted, who he noticed also eyed Justin's ass with undisguised lust. "So now that he's gone, will you two finally explain why I shouldn't kick the shit out of both of you?"

 

Ted answered Brian's question with a question. "When was the last time you checked your cell phone, Brian?"

 

"Not since I got here, although I felt it vibrating. Why?"

 

"You've got double trouble brewing."

 

"What the fuck are you talking about, Theodore?"

 

"Lindsay and Gus decided to make a surprise trip down here. And..."

 

"And what?"

 

"Michael's back in town. I couldn't make out everything he said, only that he received a call from Melanie that everything in Muncherville has taken a turn for the worse. He wants to discuss what you and he should do about Gus and JR."

 

"Fuck! What is it with those fucking lesbians?! Every fucking week it's a different saga and they call us fags the ‘drama queens.'" Taking a calming breath, Brian asked, "Well did you explain that this week is extremely busy, Theodore?"

 

Emmett cut in. "He tried, Brian. He really did, but you know how Michael is. Since you've changed the locks and security codes, he's vowing to camp out on your doorstep and show up at Kinnetik to interrupt your meetings until you speak with him about it. Oh and Lindsay's planning on staying with you as well."

 

"Fucking hell. All three of them shuck more bullshit than a rodeo has! Well, I can't go back to the loft so I need you two to do me a favor. First Ted, I need you to book Lindsay and Gus into the Biltmore. Use the Executive Suite that we have on retainer and have them bill Kinnetik. Emmett I need you to grab my bags from the loft. My garment bag with my suits and tux in it is already laid out on the bed. I had only planned to stop in and grab them when I was ready to go to the resort. Anything else I may need I'll have to buy at this point."

 

"So where will you be when you're not at the resort or at Kinnetik?" Emmett asked.

 

"I'll be at the getaway in the country. You two are the only people who know I still have it. As far as everyone else is concerned I sold it, got it?" Brian knew that he could trust Ted and Em with the information.

 

When he'd bought the place some years ago, Michael and Lindsay would show up there every time Brian decided that he needed time for himself and would disappear. Lindsay had even tried to decorate it to her specifications of what a manor home should be and look like. He'd killed that plan real quick by saying that he was selling it. Michael had looked relieved, lamenting that the place was not worthy of the Stud of Liberty Avenue. The pushy brunet said that Brian needed to be in his natural habitat of drugs, drink and dudes if he wanted to relax, not some mansion in the middle of nowhere. It never occurred to Michael that Brian actually needed the quiet sometimes and to be away from all the pressures that keeping up appearances demanded. It was kind of fucked up that Michael couldn't see how much Brian had grown up, while Lindsay tried her fucking best to turn Brian into her heteronormative fantasy come-to-life. He was so engrossed in his getaway plan, he didn't even realize when Justin had made his way back to their group.

 

"What's going on? I leave you all for five minutes and come back to all of you looking like someone killed your puppies," Justin said. It was true. All three of the other men had their faces drawn in while looking as if they wanted to contemplate the meaning of life or some shit.

 

Brian sighed. He knew if the whole ruse of them being a couple was going to work, he needed to level with Justin. "It's been brought to my attention that I'm about to have some unwanted and unexpected company."

 

"It can't be that bad," Justin smirked.

 

"My son coming down from Canada which is never a bad thing. However, the drama that his visit is bringing is bad."

 

"Wait...you have a son? How old is he?"

 

"Gus is ten. Unfortunately, he's also more mature than his mothers are."

 

"Brian--" Emmett started, but Brian silenced him with his hand.

 

"Em, you know it's true. Melanie and Lindsay should have called it quits years ago. You've told them, Ted's told them, and fuck, Gus had even told them too, and he was only seven at the time. He told them that if they didn't like each other than they should find a way to stay away from each other. He used the advice they had given him about the bully in school when they first moved up there. Funny how it worked for Gus and the bully but never for the bull dykes who gave him such solid advice." Brian huffed again before turning to Justin. "The other source of unwanted company is in the form of Michael Novotny- Bruckner, my former best friend."

 

"Professor Bruckner's husband?"

 

"One and the same, Justin. You see Michael's daughter Jenny is being raised by my son's mother and her partner, Melanie. Lindsay is the WASP we were speaking of earlier."

 

Justin nodded. "So let me guess. You're going to avoid the loft like it's infested with a bad case of crabs."

 

All three men chuckled. Justin had a way with words that induced laughter. Brian answered. "Pretty much, but what I need to know from you is what do you need from there?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I mean that I would like it if you would go with me to my country estate until I can straighten this mess out. If you go to the loft, I can almost guarantee you that you will be harassed constantly about my whereabouts even though you and I just met and found out that we're neighbors."

 

"Neighbors?" Ted and Emmett gasped in unison.

 

"Yeah. Brian and I were shocked to find that out too. I live in the loft directly under his."

 

"That's why you couldn't buy the whole building," Ted said. He and Emmett knew that Brian was pissed about it but there was nothing he could do until the owner of the last loft had gotten back. Brian had bought everyone else out of their leases but was unable to find the last tenant in order to do the same.

 

"Yep," Justin answered cheerfully. "But then that's sort of a good thing in any event. In the meantime, to answer your question, I had already decided that whatever I had in my wardrobe wasn't suitable for what we're planning this week. That said, I have to go shopping."

 

"Fine, we'll go shopping."

 

"Brian, I'm perfectly capable of shopping for myself."

 

Brian looked over Justin's attire skeptically. He looked more like a high school kid from the suburbs who lived in Old Navy than a full-grown adult. "You will NOT be wearing anything that looks like it came off of the rack at the Gap."

 

"I think I look very stylish, fuck you very much," Justin said.

 

Ted and Emmett laughed even as they marveled at the easy banter Brian had developed with Justin in such a short time. They sounded as if they were already a couple of long-standing instead of newfound friends.

 

Brian rolled his eyes, hard-pressed not to laugh out loud himself. The week definitely would not be boring with the bad-mouth blond around. "We'll argue and speak of fucking later, but right now we're due at the resort for dinner at seven and it's already four so we'd better get a move on." Taking out his cell, Brian made a few appointments for he and Justin to get through dinner tonight and tomorrow morning. That done, Brian asked, "Justin, how many days are left on your contract with the dance troupe?"

 

"I have until the end of Thursday evening left in my contract which is why it's up for renewal this week. With the deal we have made, I can finally retire from this brand of show business."

 

"Your current boss won't be too happy," Emmett singsonged. He and Ted had stayed to watch a few more of the acts following the Lion Dance and both admitted that the others didn't compare to the show Justin and his partner put on.

 

"Gary is just going to have to live with it. I'll be starting college at the beginning of June's summer session."

 

"Wow! That's amazing. Congratulations, baby," Emmett gushed while he pulled Justin in for a hug like they were old friends. Although Justin didn't generally like to be touched, he didn't mind the tall queen's show of affection. Emmett reminded Justin a lot of his surrogate father Glenn, with the exception that Glenn was straight. He was just a rare person with a lot of compassion to mete out. Justin found himself being yanked out of Em's embrace.

 

"That's enough, Emmett. If it were up to you, the man would suffocate to death before he even starts school," Brian said as he subconsciously pulled Justin into his own arms instead.

 

The action was not lost on Ted nor Emmett as they each shot an impercible look at the other in acknowledgement of their earlier thoughts. Upon leaving the coffee shop, Operation: Free Brian was underway, with Ted and Em headed to Brian's loft and with Brian and Justin headed downtown to turn a boy into a man.

 

~LS~

 

On the ride into the downtown area of Pittsburgh, Brian and Justin spent a little time getting to know each other. Brian learned that Justin had grown up in the ritzy area of Belleaire Estates before leaving the area. When Brian had asked why Justin decided to leave his posh existence in exchange for a glorified vagabond Justin deftly turned the tables onto him.

 

"Why did you decide to start your own company? I imagine to get to where you are, you had to be one of the best in the business to begin with."

 

Brian smiled at Justin. "I was but my former associate, Gardner Vance, and I didn't see eye-to-eye on an account. He demanded that I work with a client that I was adverse to. Although my contract stated that I had to work with said high profile client and I did, it didn't place any restrictions on me about furthering his agenda in my off hours. So while I worked during the day on his campaign, at night I enlisted the help of some friends to undermine it. Contrary to popular opinion, I do have morals and a defined sense of right and wrong in the world according to Brian Kinney so I couldn't sit idly by and do nothing even if it looked like I was. Long story short Gardner fired me and per the fine print on my contract, I took the clients I brought in with me. Starting Kinnetik just followed the natural order of business."

 

"That must have been one helluva blow to his business. Who was the client?" Justin asked. He couldn't help but admire and be fascinated by the man who steered them effortlessly around the traffic."

 

"I'll tell you but it can't leave this car." At Justin's nod, Brian said, "The client's name was Jim Stockwell. He was the former police chief of Pittsburgh and was running for mayor at the time."

 

Justin nodded. "I'm impressed. My mother knew Stockwell before she passed. I got the feeling that there may have been something more between them at one time considering how my father would treat him."

 

"So your mother passed... what about your father?" Brian asked looking over briefly at the now-silent young man staring out of the window lost in his own thoughts. The more time Brian spent with the blond, the more intrigued he was becoming. Ahh get a fucking grip Kinney. It's business and hopefully a good fuck but still business only.

 

"My father is dead... well to me at least if he's still walking around." Justin cleared his throat, quelling every emotion that simple statement was trying to free. "How much further?"

 

There was a story there and Brian knew it but he decided to let it go. "Not much longer. My tailor is on one of the side streets which is good because the appointments are kept private. So listen, about your contract with this Gary person... are you averse to being let out of it early even though it's close to the end of contract date?"

 

Justin couldn't help but be surprised at the question. "Why?"

 

"I was thinking that... Well that is if you're serious about putting down some roots that I might have a job for you."

 

"Besides what I'm doing at the moment and what we've already agreed to for the week?"

 

"Yeah. You said that you're an artist and based on the fact that you got into what one would consider as an ‘Ivy League School' for artists, you must be pretty good. I was thinking that perhaps I could offer you a job at Kinnetik."

 

The smile that slowly came into view on Justin's face was blinding in its intensity and Brian couldn't help but be moved by it. He'd never met anyone like Justin Taylor before. Although world-weary he still maintained a sense of adventure, innocence and wonder about life. Brian knew from experience that something in his past kept him from talking about it and that was fine by him as long as it didn't kill the sparkle in the blue eyes looking at him as if he was some sort of hero just then.

 

"You're serious? You would hire me? You haven't even seen my work."

 

Brian smiled again as an idea came to him. "Tell you what. We'll do this on a week trial basis. Providing we can get you out of your contract with the dance troupe, you'll work with me on real accounts at Kinnetik during the day and we'll take care of the company's PR responsibility at night. This way you get to see how I work and if this is something you're truly interested in pursuing as a career."

 

Justin was amazed at the offer. His immediate thought was to take it and to hell with everything and everyone else but his more rational self had much more to say about the issue. "Brian, I have to go back to the loft."

 

"What? Why?" Brian barked out and cringed at the way it sounded even to his own ears. Softening his tone he said, "I thought the purpose of this whole excursion was so that we didn't have to go back to Tremont."

 

Justin smiled softly. He had caught the anxiousness in the older man's tone. The unwanted guests had the seemingly fearless man on the run. He couldn't deny that he wanted to know why. Sure he'd already received a half-assed answer but Justin was sure there was more to the story than the cut-and-dry response Brian had given. "Our excursion into the Pitts would have sufficed for tonight except that you just presented me with an offer that I would  really like to take. If I can do that without substantial risk to myself and my credibility for being a man of my word, I would like to do that. That being said, I need to look at the copy of my contract. May I borrow your phone?"

 

Brian handed the mechanism to him without question which he could tell Justin really liked. "Why don't you have your own?"

 

"I do but it's prepaid and I never carry it while I am performing. I-- I don't trust easily," Justin answered.

 

Brian nodded in response. He understood the sentiment; it wasn't in his nature to trust blindly either. "Then out of curiosity, why did you agree to have coffee with me?"

 

Justin laughed and the action sent a shiver of pleasure through Brian. "Because Brandon tried to stop me from doing so. I have a major problem with authority especially if it doesn't pay well."

 

"I'll keep that in mind," Brian answered, chuckling at the candid response.

 

Justin dialed a number that he'd memorized over the years. It was one of the few that he kept to the forefront of his mental rolodex, having called it frequently to keep abreast of the goings-on back in Pittsburgh while he was  abroad. He was happy that the number was one of the few things in his life that had not changed. The deep tenor voice of the answerer caused Justin to smile wide.

 

"Harry Donaldson."

 

"Hello you old sinner-to-saint. How's business?"

 

"Justin! How are you my boy? Long time, no hear."

 

"I know. I'm sorry about that. But look the reason I am calling is that I'm in town.."

 

"Great! Everyone has missed you," Harry said wistfully.

 

"And I've missed everyone too. I was wondering if we could meet tonight. I've received a very interesting offer and I need you to look over my contract with me."

 

"Oh, what kind of offer? Nothing illegal I hope." Harry's voice had hardened. There was no question that he and his wife worried for Justin. So much had happened in the young man's life that it was hard not to.

 

"No, nothing like that, Harry. I can't discuss all of the details now but suffice it to say, that if all goes well, my infrequent phone calls will be a thing of the past."

 

"Well okay. That definitely sounds promising. What time did you want to meet?"

 

Justin turned to Brian and asked, "What time do you think we'll be finished tonight, Brian?"

 

"Brian? Who the hell is Brian, Justin?" Harry's voice interrupted.

 

Justin laughed. "Calm down, Harry. He's part of the reason I asked you to meet with me but I'll explain that later." Justin asked again. "Brian, what time would be good to meet with Harry?"

 

"And who the hell is Harry, Justin?"

 

Justin shook his head. "Not you, too. You don't get to sound and play the jealous housewife with me, Mr. Kinney."

 

Brian chuckled at having been caught. He shifted in his seat while waiting at the stoplight just off the parkway. "I think I have a solution to all of this. We have to be at the resort at seven and I'm not exactly sure what time we'll finish up there. Is Harry married or part of a couple?"

 

Justin narrowed his eyes at first and then caught on to Brian's way of thinking. Speaking into the phone, Justin asked, "Harry is Ava available tonight?"

 

"She is but--"

 

"Good," Justin continued. "Do you think you both could meet us at the Chartrez Resort tonight at seven? Brian has an obligation there and while he's taking care of that, you and I along with Ava could play catch up."

 

"I don't foresee it to be a problem but isn't it the grand opening of the resort?"

 

"Hold on, Harry. Brian, could you obtain two guest passes for tonight?"

 

Brian answered, still wondering who the fuck the man was that Justin spoke to with such affection. For a man that didn't do jealousy, he was feeling a bit of it right now. "Yeah, I'll leave his name and that of his guest at the gate when we arrive."

 

"Thank you, Brian." Justin looked at Brian relieved to have this little victory well in hand. "Harry, did you hear?"

 

"Yeah, I heard. And rest assured you have some serious explaining to do. That's a ‘Couples Only' resort if I'm not mistaken."

 

"You aren't. It's formal so dust off the suit and have your ass there. I'll see you later. Love you!"

 

"Love you too," Harry said before they disconnected the call.

 

As they had pulled into the parking lot of "Giuseppe's Fine Suits and Apparel," Justin felt that something in his life was finally going right.

 

~LS~

 

An hour and a tux later, Brian and Justin exited the hole-in-the-wall tailor and were on their way to the loft. Brian hadn't said much while at Giuseppe's except to comment on the fit and cut of the clothes which he critically eyed as they draped Justin's body. More than once, Brian had commented on how he wanted the material to hug Justin's ass while allowing for ease of movement and comfortability as it was likely that Justin would be in them a long time. By the time they were finished, Brian had spent a veritable fortune in designer duds for Justin. When Justin commented on the amount, Brian simply said, ‘Consider it an investment," and closed the subject which Justin wisely accepted. The older man was still smarting about having his questions about ‘Harry' evaded which brought amusement to the younger man.

 

"Brian, I think you should probably park here as opposed to at the loft," Justin said as they neared one of the warehouses down the street from the loft. "If you've decided to remain MIA, then perhaps your Jeep should remain incognito too."

 

"No. While you were getting fitted, I've already called Kinnetik's car service. I figured with all the roundabout we'll be dealing with, neither of us will want to drive back and forth between West Virginia, Pittsburgh and the resort. They'll be here in a half hour."

 

Justin smiled. "Well I guess we better get a move on then. Did Emmett already come by?"

 

"Yeah. I talked to him while you were in the dressing room. While you're doing whatever it is you have to do that brought us back to my seventh circle of hell at the moment, I'll be upstairs gathering an employee packet for you to look over while we're at the resort and you're meeting with ‘Harry."

 

Justin snorted but said nothing. "I'll grab my cell phone too, just in case."

 

When Justin stepped off of the elevator, Brian followed him. At Justin's questioning look, Brian laughed. "How are you supposed to let me know you're ready if you don't have my number?"

 

Justin rolled his eyes skyward. "You really are a control freak, aren't you?"

 

"You have no idea Justin," Brian said, sardonic smirk firmly in place.

 

The purr of Brian's voice slid along Justin's nerves as if the brunet had touched him. The sensual glimmer in the hypnotic hazel eyes drew Justin in like a moth to a flame and he couldn't wait to get burned. Before he'd even had a chance to register what was happening or to reaffirm his own control, Justin found himself pressed against the wall just inside of the sliding door to his loft and his lips possessed in a kiss that controlled his nerves... and then destroyed them.

 

Labored breathing and animalistic groans were the only sounds emitting within the silence of Justin's apartment as Brian kissed him. He felt his feet leave the floor as his legs wrapped around the brunet of their own volition even as every thought that was not of Brian Kinney and his talented, acrobatic tongue was decimated under the most sensual assault of Justin's senses to date. He thrusted and parried his tongue alongside Brian's, dueled for supremacy within the hot wet cavern of their fused mouths, and ultimately submitted letting Brian map out a new landscape-- one Justin wanted to follow.

 

The tenor of the kiss changed bringing with it a sexual haze and a strange sensation deep within Justin making him long do the one thing he'd never done...bottom. As much as he fucked, bottoming was a craving that Justin had long ago decided would go unfulfilled. But he wanted Brian so much every fiber of his being screamed for the release he was sure only Brian could give. He could almost feel himself relinquishing the control he'd cultivated to sheer perfection over the years of not being able to trust anyone. And yet everything in him wanted to believe that he could trust Brian not to hurt him. And it was that wayward feeling that shocked him back into reality.

 

"Stop--"

 

"Don't want to," Brian said in between kisses before he began his possession again.

 

After a few minutes indulging himself and getting lost in the kiss again, Justin uttered, "Car...minutes... away," even as he returned each press of Brian's lips and fluid movement of his tongue within his mouth.

 

Brian reluctantly ended the exchange knowing that Justin was right. He had obligations which required him to be as focused and driven as he'd always been in terms of business. But Justin was just too fucking tempting. Everything about the young man screamed for Brian to take him. He looked up into the lust-blown blue eyes hovering above his own, the silent acknowledgement telling him that Justin wanted him just as much. His fingers which had been tangled in the blond locks, flexed involuntarily as Brian envisioned what would have happened had Justin not found the will to stop him.     

 

Justin read the want and need clearly in Brian's eyes and knew it mirrored his own. His legs tightened around the slender hips they rested on. There was no doubt that Brian Kinney was a beautiful man but this.... "This can't happen, Brian."

 

Brian refused to give Justin an out by taking his eyes away from his. "This has already begun, Justin," he said while disengaging his hands from the softest hair he'd ever felt. "And while I won't rush you, know that I'm not fucking giving up."

 

"You don't understand..."

 

"You're right. I don't, and ordinarily I wouldn't give a fuck about knowing. But this..." Brian let his words trail off unable to complete it but Justin knew what he'd left unsaid.

 

"Yeah. Inevitable, but not yet."

 

Instead of asking ‘when' like he wanted to, Brian told him, "You know, if we're going to exchange numbers, you should probably take those boa constrictors you call legs from around me. I'm almost willing to bet that I have a bruises by now."

 

Justin laughed as he dismounted, making sure to slide his body down the front of Brian... for safety of course. "Well perhaps someone will now be able to tell exactly where your hips are. I can't help it if you remind me of a stripper's pole but I need remind you that I'm not the one who put me up there in the first place."

 

"A stripper's pole, huh?" Brian got a visual of Justin's body sensually wrapping around his own. He shrugged, "You know, I can live with that."

 

Both of the men burst out laughing relishing the fact there was no awkwardness after such a heated exchange. Brian took Justin's phone from him and typed in his number labeling it with a simple ‘B' as Justin did the same in his phone. Justin looked at the wall clock noting the time. "I'll meet you downstairs in a few minutes."

 

Brian nodded and left the charming young man to gather his things. Opting to take the stairs instead of the elevator, Brian disengaged the alarm, sliding the loft door open hurriedly and went right to work gathering his files from the computer desk. He debated with himself as he noticed the flashing light on his answering machine blinking rapidly, meaning that it was full. Figuring he had a few minutes before Justin would be ready and against his better judgment, he pressed the button.

 

"Peter, it's Wendy. Look, I know that you're busy but I really need you to call me back. I've been trying your cell and you're not answering. I've left Melanie... again... But this time I'm not going back. I was hoping that we could stay with you; I have our son with me. And I really can't handle staying with my parents-- just don't need to hear the ‘I told you so' and them trying to set me up with Dad's partner's son again. It's times like this I wish you hadn't sold your manor house. I know I said that it wasn't right that you live there all alone but I could... OH, please Brian, call me back immediately. Nothing you have going on could be more important than seeing to the welfare of your son AND his mother. Remember your promise to always be there for me after he was born? Well I need you now. I love you, Peter."

 

The message was time-stamped for today at 10:30 a.m.

 

"Hey Brian, Melanie called and said that Lindsay left.... again. I don't know what the fuck is going on up there in Canada but OUR CHILDREN are in danger. This is NOT what we had in mind when WE decided to give them permission to take OUR CHILDREN up to fucking CANADA!!! You need to fix this shit! Why the fuck aren't you answering your phones. I called the office and Cynthia said you weren't in. I tried your cell phone SEVEN FUCKING TIMES and you STILL aren't answering. WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER ME??!!! I'm going out of my fucking mind here with worry. Call me back!"

 

The message was time-stamped for 10:46 a.m. and followed by alternating calls between both Mikey and Lindsay with a few from Debbie mixed in demanding that he ‘Do something to fix this shit.' By the time Brian finished gathering the last few things he thought he would need, he had a splitting headache and felt the urge to tell them all to fix their own problems beginning by fucking themselves with a sick dick. The other lone message was from Cynthia threatening to quit if she was going to be subjected to the whining and demanding Novotnys and the harridans from up north anymore while she was away. Although she was on assignment this week, all of his personal calls at the office still got forwarded to her when he wasn't in. So when his cell phone bleeped alerting him to a text message, he was even more ready to chuck it. At least he was until he looked at the little envelope with the sender's name.

 

New message from Justin: I don't know if this is of interest to you or not but you might want to wait out back for our car to arrive. Presently I am standing in front of a small man who is determined that I let him inside the building and who is demanding that I tell him where you are. According to him, he's your ‘best friend' and has ongoing permission to wait inside your apartment which I kinda found funny since when I came down here, he was constantly trying his code-- which is the old code-- and didn't work. Funny, isn't it?

 

"FUCK!" Brian exclaimed.

 

Brian had changed the code awhile ago, once all the other tenants moved out of the building. Then he'd left a message with the rental office for the last elusive tenant, who just happened to be the same blond being accosted by Michael at the moment. Although he was sorry that Justin was being pestered, he couldn't say that he was sorry that he'd changed the code to the door in the lobby. Michael had taken it upon himself one too many times to let himself into Brian's home, whether Brian was there or not. The straw that broke the camel's back so to speak was when he had returned from an extended business trip to Chicago to visit Brown Athletics and smelled an unhealthy dose of his aftershave, wafting through the space. He'd walked up to his bedroom to find Michael, sleeping naked in his bed. Needless to say that Brian threw a fucking fit and promptly kicked Michael out, demanding his key back and changing both the code on the front door and the locks on his loft in case Michael had made copies. Even though Brian had forgiven Michael for the violation of his privacy, he still didn't trust the man he used to consider his best friend. He had given Michael the sheets and matching duvet as a parting gift. Brian texted back.

 

Get into the car, have him pull off and then request that he come to the back of the building. I'm going to call the car company now but he may not get the message in time.

 

Justin checked the message when it pinged in his pocket. Still standing there being badgered to within an inch of his sanity, he really began to feel bad for Brian. This person...this Michael Novotny, was a demanding and obnoxious little shit. Justin supposed he thought he could whine him into submission and Justin couldn't deny it was tempting just to shut the annoyingly haunting voice up. But he wouldn't betray Brian like that. In the short amount of time they had come to know each other, Justin believed he had found a true friend in Brian Kinney. He instinctively felt he could trust the tall brunet even if he wouldn't admit it aloud.

 

Completely exasperated Justin said, "Look, I don't know what to tell you but I have never met Brian Kinney. Even if I had, the fact that you don't know the code to the building contradicts all evidence that ‘Brian' would allow you into the building to wait for him. So I won't either."

 

"Look you little shit..." Michael began only to be cut off by the near-irate blond standing in front of him.

 

"No you look, Mr. Novotny," Justin sneered. "The bottom line is that I am NOT letting you in. That said, you can take your chances standing here whining about not being let in or if you really are his ‘best friend' go to the places you guys would normally hang out. Either way, I don't give a fuck." Justin finished off the last of his statement with a nonchalant shrug to solidify his point.

 

Michael rolled his eyes at the man. "Don't you think I tried all that?! I really need to see Brian! Why can't you just do as I ask and let me inside already?!"

 

"Because you don't live here," Justin said as if the answer should have been obvious. "I also don't have confirmation that Mr. Kinney even knows you. Honestly, I would think you were some deranged stalker based on the behavior you're displaying now and I would do my best to avoid anywhere you might be. Perhaps Brian feels the same."

 

"What? What did you say to me?!" Michael screeched. "How dare you?!"

 

Justin laughed. "I dare very much since I'm the one with the code and the key while you're standing here seeking entrance into a place you're obviously not wanted. I would suggest that whatever your problem is, you be an adult and try to handle it yourself." Justin looked almost relieved as he saw the limo heading in their direction. Grabbing his bags into his free hand not holding the important documents he'd collected to meet with Harry, Justin stepped around the little annoying brunet uttering, "Goodbye and good luck to you, Mr. Novotny." He entered the car with the driver's help and left the fuming man on the sidewalk.

 

Michael looked on as the blond left him there without giving him what he wanted. The absolute nerve of that little shit! He felt that he was being lied to as the blond had told him repeatedly that he didn't know who Brian was. Fuck, everybody on Liberty Avenue-- in Pittsburgh gay or straight-- knew who Brian Kinney was. How could they live in the same fucking building and the blond not know who Brian was? It made no sense at all to him.

 

Michael hadn't seen Brian for a few months, although he had talked to him briefly on the phone a few times. Brian had become rather distant since catching him in his bed. Michael almost smiled remembering the look of shock on Brian's face finding him asleep in bed after he returned from that trip to Chicago. Michael had thought to surprise the taller brunet with an offer for companionship, especially since Michael had needed comforting after an argument with Ben over their adopted son, Hunter. Unfortunately, things had not worked out as Michael had hoped. Instead of being happy to see him, Brian had thrown him out, demanded his key and changed the code to the front door. When Brian had figured out that Michael had masturbated in the softness of the bed, he'd shoved used linens into Michael's hand ushered Michael to the door, slamming it in his face. He couldn't remember seeing Brian so angry at the time but a few weeks later, Brian had forgiven Michael and all was right in his world again. Or so he thought at the time.

 

Lately, it was Ted and Emmett who kept Michael abreast of Brian's whereabouts. Whenever he would ask why Brian hadn't returned his calls or why he hadn't seen Brian, they would answer that Brian was either away on business or busy with business. Michael absolutely hated Kinnetik because of it. He'd thought that once he and Brian had decided that it was a good idea for Melanie and Lindsay to live in Toronto with the kids that he and Brian would have each other to lean on again, like when they were kids and it was just the two of them.. Sure, he had his husband Ben but it wasn't the same as having Brian. Brian was his best friend, and both being fathers of children being raised by lesbians, Michael reasoned that they still had a lot in common. But whereas Michael was willing to exploit that connection to see his goal of restarting the ‘Brian and Mikey Show', Brian wasn't. Instead, Brian had thrown himself into making his advertising agency Kinnetik the biggest fucking success the world had ever seen and leaving Michael behind. Nothing had gone according to Michael's plan to reclaim the top priority spot in Brian's life since Gus was no longer available to him and the man wasn't happy about it at all!

 

Now the fucking blond wouldn't give him the access to Brian's lair that he'd demanded. Michael was even more pissed off that the little bastard had called him a stalker. He wasn't stalking Brian! He was doing what a best friend does; he was trying to be there for Brian and their children. The situation with Melanie and Lindsay was getting worse and although he loved his daughter with Melanie, in Michael's mind he wanted nothing more than for Melanie and Lindsay to keep raising the kids in Toronto together.

 

Too many times, Gus, through Lindsay, had blocked Michael's unlimited access to his best friend! Too many times, Michael had asked Brian for a financial favor and he would say ‘I can't since Gus needed X,Y,Z.' At the time Lindsay had decided she wanted a kid with Brian, Michael had done his best to discourage it. He reminded Brian as often as he dared that he was a free spirit, who didn't need to be bogged down with a child. But Lindsay was in Brian's opposite ear, telling him that having Gus would add meaning to his life; would give him that little piece of immortality that the tall brunet craved. Lindsay had gotten her way and Gus was born, which effectively placed Michael on the backburner where she had always wanted him.

 

So years later, thinking that it would bring him and Brian closer again, Michael had agreed to provide the sperm for Melanie to have a baby. They would be related- one lesbian removed- but Brian and Michael's children would grow up as brother and sister. To Michael, it would be almost like marrying the man he loved even if Brian didn't believe in the union. His reasoning was that once Ben was out of the picture for good, Brian would take care of him since they were family and eventually, Brian would finally be ready to settle down when tricking and Kinnetik no longer held any appeal for him.

 

As Michael made himself comfortable on the stoop in front of the loft to wait for Brian, his mind drifted back to the blond that had just left. He supposed that he should be grateful that the boy... Justin, was his name... didn't know Brian. There was something about the blond that Michael hated on sight. Sure, he was attractive enough with his shoulder-length hair and gorgeous blue eyes. Michael couldn't tell what his body really looked like underneath the winter coat but when the blond had gotten in the limo, he could see that he had a fucking beautiful ass; the kind that would instantly catch the attention of Brian Kinney. There was nothing Brian wouldn't do to be able to fuck the blond, not that he would really need to do much at all. In his mind's eye, he could see Brian and Justin writhing around in bed, Brian topping Justin with ease as that beautiful blond's face contorted in ecstasy while Brian drove into him. Michael had seen Brian fuck enough other guys down through the years to know that the man didn't earn the moniker ‘Stud of Liberty Avenue' for nothing. He would have given anything including but not limited to his entire collection of priceless comics and artifacts which he loved even more than his husband and son, to be on the receiving end of Brian's dick but Brian had a stupid rule about not fucking his friends which kind of didn't make sense to Michael.

 

In his mind, how was Brian supposed to get to know and love anybody if they hadn't become his friend first? Which led to Brian's second carefully-guarded rule against repeats. If Brian didn't fuck anyone more than once, he couldn't give his heart to anyone. But then Michael already owned Brian's heart, even though Brian just didn't want to admit it... or so Michael told himself repeatedly. He breathed a sigh of relief having worked that out again for the umpteenth time, assured in the knowledge that even if the blond and Brian had met, there wouldn't be any competition as far as his place in Brian's life. Now he just had to find a way to keep Gus and Lindsay where they belonged, which was in Toronto with Melanie and everything would be perfect again.