- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the Babylon Chapter. I hope I did it justice for you. I think the epilog is next. Maybe a new story if i can think of anything.

 

BRIAN

When Justin left to go to lunch, I went to find Ted. He and Emmett were gossiping about Ted’s new love life. I needed Ted and Lo in a meeting with me. I’m going to need all the help I can get to keep Justin under control tonight.

“I want both of you to keep Justin away from the sign up table, as well as from Sheba tonight. If Michael wants to make an idiot of himself let him, but Justin is not going to add to the drama.” I tell both of them.

“Brian, what harm could Justin really do? I mean if he dances that will just increase foot traffic.”

I glare at Ted.

“Lo, if Michael comes in, as long as he isn’t causing problems leave him alone. If he goes near Justin, do what you have to do.” I just want this night over.

“What if Justin sneaks into the contest?” Lo asks me.

“Sheba is keeping the list, and if she wants to keep her job Justin won’t be on it. Ted, when he corners you, tell him not to be a twat about it.” I figured Michael being a twat was enough.

It might not be enough to stop Justin, but maybe I can win this time. Justin’s plans work because he makes sure no one knows. Most of the time no one finds out that he was involved until everything is over. If Justin had been a spy, no country would have been safe.

We go down to the floor with the rest of the staff to make sure we’re ready for tonight. Emmett runs over and says he is going to lunch with Justin. I tell Ted to go too. Emmett and Justin alone is a bad idea. I hand Ted my credit card. I’m sure Justin will have ordered half the restaurant. Ted asks if I want anything, I tell him grilled chicken salad.

When they return Justin is back to messing around on the stage. I can see his mind coming up with something so I tell him no and the little princess tries to argue. I figured I could give him something else to do. I close the door to the backroom after pulling him through.

Once the club starts to fill, I keep an eye on Justin. I don’t trust the good mood or the blinding smile. He is hanging out with Emmett. That combination scares any sane person. Sheba came by and I see Michael has made it. I look around trying to find him.

“He signed in and left to get ready apparently.” Sheba tells me.

I look around for my princess and see that he’s talking to someone. At first I thought it was Michael. Walking towards them, I stop when I realize that it’s his friend Milo. Hopefully they will just dance and stay out of trouble.

 

JUSTIN

Brian really thinks he can stop me. I almost want to laugh. I got Milo’s boyfriend to go sign-up my surprise for the evening. I had to tell Emmett because I needed his help for the outfit. Emmett was on the fence about helping until I explained why this needed to be done. Once I convinced him this was a great idea Emmett was on board. Brian thinks I use my superpower for food. I actually use it to convince people to do my bidding. Food is just a side benefit.

I see Nick and Ben dancing. Ted is working so until he feels everything is perfect he won’t be down. That works perfectly for what I want to do. Ted is great; unless he decides what your doing could get him killed. He also feels that anything Emmett and I want to do is a bad idea.

The contest starts. Milo tells me Michael is right before my surprise. I tell Emmett to tell Sheba that we need at least 20 minutes after Michael. We all sit and hoot at the contestants as they dance and strip. Brian is everywhere I go so I have to depend on my team. We are getting closer to Michael’s turn and I need to be here to see him. Part of me hopes he does well, the other part wants him to fall off the stage. Either way Brian isn’t going to give him what he wants.

I grab Ben and tell him I want to dance. Brian looks at me but can’t figure out what harm that could do. I want to look for Emmett, but if Brian sees me doing it he’ll question it. Brian is so suspicious. Emmett finally shows up with the clothes. He waves at us and walks to the changing area. I told him to store it so that he doesn’t have to carry it around. Emmett comes out quickly, it’s time.

Sheba is getting ready to announce Michael.

 

SHEBA

Tonight is going to go down in the history of Babylon. I walk up to the stage, so I can announce Michael.

“Gentlemen and Gentlemen, and a few ladies. Our next contestant loves superheroes and walks in Paris with the man he loves. Here’s Mikey.” Normally I get to do better intros than this but Michael insisted on me saying exactly that.

 

EMMETT

The song ‘You Spin Me Round’ by Dead or Alive starts to play.

When Michael first walks out on the stage he stands there for a second. He is wearing a robe and has a spiked out long haired wig on.

He then starts swinging his hand. My best description is the Carlton dance from that show ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air’. Good God, when the song starts repeating ‘spin me right round’ he skips around the pole. After that he is pointing his finger at Brian while he shakes his hips in different directions. I also need to mention that he doesn’t seem to be dancing to the music. He keeps hopping up and down then skipping around the pole. As the song starts to end, he takes off the robe. Couldn’t he have at least worn sexy underwear? Superheroes just don’t scream 'sexy'. Then I notice on his chest is an apple with ‘BK forever’ in it. I am just stunned and so is everyone else. Michael bends over to bow and the wig comes off.  Why would Michael dye his hair orange? He grabs the wig and runs off backstage.

 

MICHAEL

I couldn’t believe when I saw the orange that the hair dresser dyed my hair. I wanted a strawberry blonde. He told me it’s a long process. I told him I needed it done, It couldn’t be that hard. He told me that it would be better to style it and we could color it later. I looked at the dye and mixed it then started to put it in my hair. The guy tells me that that is actually the one for a reddish orange. I didn’t believe him, I think he didn’t like that I told him how to do his job. He rinsed out the dye and my hair is a weird orange color. I told him he better fix it, he told me to buy a wig. I’ve always wanted rock star hair, so I bought the one that looks the way rock stars the eighties used to style theirs.

I was looking through outfits, but I spent so much time on my hair that I was running out of time. I realized that a robe would work, it’s easy to get off. When I got to the changing rooms, I realized that I forgot underwear. I decide it’s not important. I use the red lipstick that I bought, and draw a heart with ‘BK forever’ in it. That was harder to draw using the mirror.

When the music starts up it takes a second, but I finally am able to give an award winning performance, if I do say so myself. The only part I hated was when the wig fell off. I was going to see if Brian could get me to see his hairdresser tomorrow.

I can’t wait to see everyone’s faces when I win. I want to be able to walk up to Brian with the crown on.

 

EMMETT

I asked Sheba to postpone for 20 minutes. Justin was being held hostage by Brian, but Justin knew that would happen. He gave us all instructions to follow. Justin is saying something in Daphne’s ear and she walks off. Brian really should pay more attention to Justin’s little friends. I see Daphne with Sean, the trick from Justin’s King of Babylon. I guess Justin got him involved too. Sean told us what Justin wanted him to do. Sean is a great sport. Now for the hard part, I go get Ben and ask him to come help me.

 

TED, LINDSAY, MEL, NICK

No one says a word, they just all stare at each other. And the minute Michael walked off the stage, they all start to laugh.

Looking at the people in the club, we see most look as if they aren’t sure if they should clap. Michael didn’t even seem to notice.

 

BRIAN

I thought after the Oscar worthy performance of ‘what the hell was that’ we were done. Sheba tells me there was one more. I wanted to know, but you know what, I give up. Justin is smiling too much for him to not have had a hand in this.

Sheba gets back up and starts her announcement.

“Everybody we have one more. If Gilligan had this professor on his island, he would never want to leave. Everyone welcome Big Ben.”

I see Milo walking up on the stage in a Superman tee-shirt and jeans. He stands to the right and then Sean, the trick Justin hijacked, walks across the stage and down to the floor. What are they doing? Emmett is leading Ben on stage. Ben was obviously just clued in. The song ‘So What’ by Pink cues up. Ben is in gym pants and a sleeveless tee. Milo is dancing worse than Michael around Ben. Ben starts to get into this and starts dancing up against Milo and Milo pushes him away and is copying Michael’s moves. When the song starts to pick up to the point where Pink says she is okay, Sean runs up and pushes Milo away. He grabs Ben’s pants and pulls. Milo grabs the shirt and it rips off. Ben is in tiny gold biker shorts. Ben it seems, figured out Justin’s plan, and dances with Sean. As the song ends, Sean jumps up into Ben’s arms. They end it with Sean practically swallowing Ben.

I look at Justin with a raised brow. He smiles. I lean in to whisper. “You owe me a hundred blow jobs. The first one now.” And I drag him off with me to the backroom.

Ben really helped to fill the backroom tonight.

 

BEN

When Emmett grabbed me and said that Milo needed help, I figured why not. Watching Michael, I’m a little embarrassed by the performance.

When they finally tell me what they have been up to, I was surprised Justin would think this up.

Emmett hands me tiny gold biker shorts and then a gym outfit. He is fussing all over me. I ask why I need to be on the stage. Emmett said that Milo and Sean were going to dance with me and to just follow their leads. Emmett also told me Justin said that after talking to me today that he felt this was my anthem. The song was perfect and Sean was even better. We are smiling as we walked off to wolf whistles and applause. I need to get dressed, so I was walking back to the dressing room. Sean was following, trying to convince me he needed to help, when Michael stepped out in front of us.

“Ben, you really should have stayed out of the contest. When I win, you’re going to be embarrassed.” He says as he gives me a look of pity.

Sean looks at Michael and starts to laugh, then turns to Michael and asks if we were all at the same contest. Michael tells him to mind his own business. I tell Michael that it’s more Sean’s business than Michael’s. I walk to the dressing room with Sean in tow. Apparently Sean was a boy scout, he is always prepared.

At 11 pm, everyone is out on the floor dancing, Sheba returns to the stage with the crown.

“The new King of Babylon is... Big Ben.” I won.

 

MICHAEL

What the fuck? There is no way Ben won. I look to see Justin walking out of the backroom, and Brian is all over him. Justin is watching them crown Ben and he whistles and claps. Brian isn’t paying attention. I see red. I am going to get my crown and then my man. Justin had better watch out. I head up the stage, intent on the crown. Ben has his back to me, this should be easy. Just as I was reaching for it, I feel someone grab my arm and pull it behind my back.

Shit, it’s that girl Ted hired. She marches me forward towards Alex. I will not go silently. Everyone needs to know that I am the wronged party.

“THE CONTEST WAS RIGGED! EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT I SHOULD HAVE WON! THIS IS ALL JUSTIN’S FAULT, BRIAN. HE WANTS TO KEEP US APART! I DEMAND A RECOUNT! I scream so people will know what really happened.

The girl walks me towards Alex, but before he gets me, Ma is there. I was about to tell her but she grabs my ear and yanks me out of the club.

 

EMMETT

What a night! Brian, Justin and I are standing by the bar. All of us are still laughing at what Deb did. Sean is all over Ben. Ted and Nick are dancing up a storm. Mel and Lindsay were saying goodnight to everyone. Brian is on the phone and Justin is leaning back into him. After Michael was dragged out, Daphne and Milo decided they wanted iced coffee’s.

It’s times like this when I actually feel a little alone. I lean into Justin. I figure I could get a little love. Brian and Justin were always checking on me when Ted left me and they still do.

“Excuse me could I have everyone’s attention. I want to dedicate this to Emmett.” I look up and there is Drew.

“Emmett, I’m 21.” He tells me.

The DJ cues up ‘Every Breath You Take’ by the Police.

Justin leans over and says, “You might want to clue Drew in, that song is a stalker singing to his victim.”

“Give him a break Honeycutt, remember he gets hit in the head a lot. Let him have this one.” Brian tells me.

“Don’t call me… you know, never mind.” I turn to walk towards Drew and jump into his arms.

 

JUSTIN

I turn to Brian and raise a brow. He stares and I want to know how Drew got here. You know what, I think we have other things to do.