- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is shorter but it explains Ben and I just had to add Ted

JUSTIN

First, I have to tell you, watching them is like watching a pay-per-view movie. So I figured that I would just sit there with a bag of popcorn and a drink and act like I am watching a movie. Then I hear Michael spouting his usual wisdom, and then Brian started talking. How I managed to stay on the stool is beyond me when I heard what Brian was saying. I kind of felt like a shit, because Brian has just given me everything. 

I got up and walked to Brian and leapt into his arms. He falls backwards on to the floor cushions and we were all over each other at this point. When we finish I look at him, and for the first time realize the words aren’t important, but I say them anyway. “I love you.”

 

 

What really happened last night:

 

BEN

My world consists of “Michael what do you want to do for dinner?”

“Let me call Brian.”

“Michael do you want to go to the gym?”

“Let me call Brian.”

“Michael do you want to go to the movies?”

“Brian wants to go to Woody’s.”

Let me just say this, I like Brian, but for once I want the answer to my questions not have the name Brian attached to them.

I was walking across campus to go to lunch when I ran into Nick, an old college friend. Nick and I were best friends and had lost touch over time. Nick had gotten married and had children as far as I knew. He came over to me and we hugged and did the guy pat thing.

“Ben what are you doing here?” Nick asked.

“I teach here. What about you?”  I replied.

“I’m actually teaching at PIFA. I just came here with my son to look over the campus. He’s starting early admissions here.” Nick told me, as I watch a young man walking toward us.

“This is my son, Gabe.” Nick told me.

“This is your son? Are we really this old?” I looked over the kid, he looked about 15 or 16.

“Well, what can I say, the boy’s a genius. He’s only 15.” Nick replied.

“Where is your wife? Wanda, wasn’t it?” I asked.

“We’re divorced, but we’re still on good terms. I realized that I was gay about 10 years into the marriage.” Nick told me.  

I always thought that he might be, but could never really get a good read on him.  

“Want to join us for lunch?” Nick asked.

We decided to go to a pizza place near the campus. While there, he told me about his new position in the Life Paintings classes he will be teaching.  

“A friend of mine is going to PIFA. I don’t know what classes he’s taking, but he’s a painter.” I told him.

“What’s his name? Maybe I have him in one of my classes.” he asked.

“Justin Taylor” I reply.

“I do know him. His paintings are outstanding. I was going to try to get him to help as a teacher’s aide. He’s far above what I am teaching, for someone so young he’s very good.” Nick tells me.  

I have always been impressed with Justin. I mean, look at him, he was bashed and still has problems with his hand, but still went on to continue his art. He works on the comic and at the diner. If he was older, Michael might not have stood a chance with me. But neither do I with Justin.  

After lunch I hug Nick and give him a peck on the cheek. We make plans to go out later.  

When I turned to walk back to campus, I saw Michael standing there. I called to him, but he gave me this look that means he’s upset. He turned and ran off. I called him on his phone to try and find out why he ran off like that. He didn’t answer, so I figure we can talk about this tonight. The problem with Michael is that he tends to act like a child until he calms down.

Later that night, I go looking for Michael, and two guesses where he is. I wait at the bar for him to finish dancing with Brian. Michael comes over to me and I can tell he’s still upset about something.  

“Michael, why haven’t you been returning my calls?” I ask, confused.

“I didn’t want to interrupt your date.” he tells me.

“What date? I had lunch with an old friend and his son.” I tell him.

“Sure, if that what you call hugging and kissing some guy.” he sneers at me.

“Are you really going to go there with me Michael? How is that any different than you and Brian?” I ask him.

Without answering the question, Michael starts yelling, “Well don’t worry Ben, Brian and I won’t be your problem anymore. We talked and I am going to be staying with him tonight so I don’t interfere with your life.”

“What the hell Michael, how does Justin feel about this?” I ask, because Justin tolerates Michael, but other than that I don’t think that he wants Michael staying at the loft.

“He won’t be there. I won’t put up with other men Ben.” Michael is screaming by this point.  

I don’t know what has gotten into him, but I can’t deal with this in the middle of a club.

“Michael we need to go home and talk about this.” I tell him, but he just turns and runs to Brian, who is looking at me like I beat Michael. I just walk away confused, intent on heading home. I mean yeah, Nick is good looking and if I hadn’t been with Michael I would be interested.  

As I am walking out of the club, Nick is walking in. He sees me and comes over to me.

“Hey Ben, are you okay?” Nick asks.

“No. For some reason Michael thinks we are having an affair.” I tell him, and as I turn I see Michael point at us.  

“Let’s get out of here.”

 

BRIAN

I had decided to go dancing and check on the club when Michael calls and says he wants to go. We were dancing, but the way he was dancing was a bit strange. Michael is trying to rub all over me, which is kind of creepy. I excused myself to check with Ted who was about to leave for the night.  

As Ted and I are talking on the platform, I look to see Michael and Ben arguing about something. Ted is watching and starts to go see what’s going on. I tell Ted I’ll go since it’s already ten and he wanted to make it an early night.  

When I get downstairs Michael is upset and crying and tells me that Ben is cheating. I find this a little hard to believe since Ben really doesn’t seem the type. While Michael is telling me this, I see Ben headed for the door, but before he can get out a really good looking guy walks up. Michael looks and points out that is the guy that he saw Ben with earlier. Then Ben turns and walks out with the guy.

I take Michael to the loft with me since he seems really upset about this. We start drinking and smoking, the thing that is a little odd is that the whole time he just keeps talking about how he can only depend on me and that he should have just avoided the relationship with Ben. I know how he feels. I mean when all the shit went down with Justin and the fiddler I felt the same way.  

I was tired, so I laid down while Michael is still talking about how he should just have waited for me. I hoped that it was the drugs talking, because I don’t know what he means by that.

I woke up to a crappy blow job and wondered why Justin has decided to do it half assed. I mean, Justin can deepthroat better than anyone, so what the hell is all the gagging about. So I reach my hand down and realize that the mouth attached to my dick is not Justin’s. Opening my eyes and seeing Michael trying to choke on my cock is kind of mind blowing. How the hell is he able to keep a boyfriend? After that thought goes through my head, it occurs to me to stop him. So I pushed him off of me.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing Michael?” I ask him. He stares at me and says that he needed to blow off some steam. I just stare at him, shaking my head.  

“Michael this isn’t going to happen. I am with Justin and have told you that you and I are only friends. I’m going to take a shower. Then we can talk.” I walked into the shower, needing to get clean and because I needed some space.  

When I came out Michael started to whine about how hurt he is by Ben and that he needs his best friend. We walk into the kitchen and I explain again that I can be a friend, but that is as far as I will go.

Michael smiles and walks up to me to hug me then starts to suck on my lips. You know that earlier statement about how he keeps a boyfriend? It still boogles the mind.

I pushed him back and told him to go home and talk to Ben. After he leaves, I sit there trying to figure out how my day has gone so wrong. I mean, I won an account from Vanguard and found the time to take a vacation for Justin’s spring break. Justin has wanted to go to Paris and I want to take him there and tell him something else that I have been doing.  

Then I go to Babylon just to see what’s going on and to dance while I wait to go pick-up... oh fuck I was going to pick up Justin hours ago. It’s already past 3, where the hell is he? I call him to see if I can come get him. Ted answers and I ask if this is Justin’s phone, wondering why Ted is answering. Then Ted says something about he heard all about tonight from Michael. I try to get him to give the phone to Justin, but he tells me Justin doesn’t want to talk to me. I change and grab my wallet to go get Justin.

When I leave Ted’s house after the argument that we get into, I need to cool off.  I didn’t mean to bring up the fiddler, but I was just angry at the way he was reacting to the whole situation. So I go home and make some coffee. Apparently I am going to need to battle my princess and the two wicked stepsisters. At seven o'clock I finally decided it’s time to try again. Only this time when I get to Ted’s, Michael is standing there spouting off about how in order for us to have a relationship I have to get rid of Justin. I look at Michael and tell him again that we have no relationship other than friendship. Then Ted opens the door and tells us to get out of the hallway. Michael is standing there with a creepy smile and says he’ll talk to me later. When he’s walking away his phone rings and he tells the person he is going.

 

TED

So I am standing there, looking for something for Justin to wear since I don’t think he brought anything. I pulled out some sweats for him, and go to hand them to him when he and Brian come out of the bathroom. Justin walks up to me, takes the sweats and kisses me on the cheek, and then he drops the towel. For a minute my mind went to all sorts of interesting places and then I just turned and ran.  

Emmett looks at me and the first thing that comes out of my mouth is “How is Justin’s cock that big?” Emmett looks at me, first with a puzzled expression, then he bursts out laughing. I start rummaging through my drawers and can only find a sandwich bag to breathe into.  

Here’s the thing, I am trying to figure out a way to get my mind out of the 50 gutters it went to and Em is laughing up a storm. It also reminds me that my titanic is rising. I run to the sofa and cover up with a blanket and throw a pillow over my head for good measure, because I can’t look at Justin just yet. This makes Emmett laugh even harder. When Justin leaves I just wave and hopes he understands.

“Emmett, this isn’t funny. Do you know that that’s all I am ever going to see when I look at Justin? The fact that I was right, not only does he have a great ass but, oh my God the front is just as healthy.” I say. At this point Em is on the floor holding his stomach. He is absolutely no help, so I think of dead kittens and puppies, only they transform into naked Justin. Then I think of how to kick Em out without having to explain the spank bank in my mind.

Emmett gets up and tells me that he is going to go to the diner and will understand if I need to 'handle anything' before I join him there. He makes it three steps toward the door before he starts laughing again. I throw a magazine at him and he runs out the door.

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading