- Text Size +

 

 

“Wait, I thought this was supposed to be people we had some kind of animosity with. It looks like there is no issue here,” Tom sneered.

Brian rolled his eyes and dropped Justin off of him. He made sure Justin didn’t fall but it wasn’t gently.  

“What are you doing here?” Justin asked, his blue eyes sparkling. Seemingly not caring how Brian had just tossed him off of him.

“We don’t need to get into all the details,” he said. It wasn’t that he wanted to keep it from Justin, he just couldn’t risk it. They wanted Justin gone. He knew that when they brough Craig in. They had fucked up bringing in Hobbs and now they wanted Justin gone and the memory of all the ugliness forgotten, if he won that would be next to impossible. Then they brought in Craig hoping Justin would leave. But he didn’t, and Craig went mental. Now they needed Justin gone.

He wasn’t sure they would be trying to bring anyone else in, but he knew they might try. He contacted them and told them that he and Justin recently broke up. Everything lined up and he signed the papers just that morning. He had hoped Justin would show a little more restraint, now everyone knew there was no problem between them. It couldn’t stay like that.  

“I wouldn’t have come if I knew he was going to be here,” Ethan groaned, sitting down on the couch.

“But you knew I was here. Why?” Justin asked.

Brian looked around the room, it looked smaller on the television. It was almost cavernous in the living room. Most of the house was an open floor plan it seemed, the only real separate rooms were the bathrooms and the bedrooms.

“It wasn’t for you if that’s what your thinking,” Ethan sneered.

“Didn’t think it was. You liked the idea of me, but you didn’t really want me. Anyway, it’s been years. I’m sure there is some other sad sack that you’re cheating on,” Justin snapped back.

“Get off your high horse, you were running around on Brian with me.”

“I blame the brain damage.”

Brian laughed because before Jusitn wouldn’t have made such a joke about his injury before. Now it wasn’t some shameful secret he was forced to disclose.

“Oh god, poor Justin, he was bashed in the head by a homophobe he jerked off in the equipment room.”

Ethan froze, as did both Brian and Justin. That part of the trial never went public because they feared Chris would come back and kill Justin if it did. Now Ethan just let the whole world know something that Justin had confided in him about. The producers choose what to air and not air during the big shows. If that got out, Chris could very well come back for Justin later.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…” Ethan said quickly.

“Great job asshole.” Brian was pissed.

“It’s alright, unless they have a membership, they didn’t see that,” Marisol said.

“Both of Justin’s exes just walked through that door, people are watching and signing up in droves, I can guarantee you that,” Brian told her.

“He’s right there,” Miles said.

“I wish we still had access to the television. We could see if anything was being said,” Marisol added.

“Fat chance, anything about the show was blocked. Didn’t even get those gossip shows,” Justin told them. “What a minute, before you came in, they said you two would have to share a bed.”

“Yeah, they said something to me about sharing with the other new person. That’s going to suck,” Brian said.

Justin smiled. “And not in the fun way.”

“It’s not ideal for me either. My ex-boyfriend and the man-whore that ruined our relationship.”

Brian shook his head; it wasn’t even worth it to point out that he ruined his own relationship. Justin started to open his mouth, but Brian walked away, causing Justin to follow him. It was better for Justin’s chances in the game to have a bit of mystery to him. People fucking love mystery. Justin was going to win this game if it was the last thing Brian did. His job was making people buy things, he would sell people on Justin.

The little twat wanted to be independent, but Brian didn’t want him living in a hovel and eating ramen noodle soap for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because of his stubbornness. The first person that needed to go was Ethan, he was a risk. Not because he thought Justin would leave him for the fiddler again but because Ethan knew way too much about Justin. Best to get him the fuck out.

Brian mentally had made a list of the order people should leave, and he would make the voting populace agree with him.

Here was the thing Brian hated but he would have to do it. People love rooting for the underdog, that meant he couldn’t let people think he was trying to help Justin win. That meant, he had to stop this lovefest Justin seemed to think was going to happened fast.

“It’s so awesome you’re here,” Justin gushed.

“Why?” Brian snapped.

That seemed to shock Justin, his blue eyes widened. How someone that had so much bad happen to him could look so innocent, he didn’t know.

“Because I missed you,” Justin said, looking like a kicked puppy.

“Look, the only reason I’m here is because they approached me. Didn’t have anything else to do so I thought why not.”

“But you don’t need the money,” Justin said.

“I was thinking about opening a new location. This would help with that.”

“Is that the only reason you came?” Justin asked.

“Why else would I? You didn’t think it was because of you, did you? We’re over, I already told you that. I thought you were smarter than this.”

Justin turned and walked away, leaving about half the house glaring at Brian. That was good because he needed the half that wasn’t friendly with Justin. While it was the public that chose who stays in the house, the tasks were completely them. And if something could help Justin, he would have to use it…quietly.

Ethan narrowed his eyes but didn’t say anything. Brian wasn’t sure if Ethan bought the act or not.

“So much for Mr. Perfect,” Marisol said, shaking her head.

He knew that Justin had been singing his praises and now everyone saw him for the asshole he was. He hated hurting Justin, but it really was for the greater good.

 


Justin sat on his bed thinking of the merry-go wheel his emotions had been since he got here. First excitement, then anger mixed with fear seeing Hobbs again and being trapped with him. Elation came next that he was gone, followed by anger and grief from his father. Then of course the pain of being attacked by him. He really thought all that was over, he didn’t even have time to be upset about the challenge today because Brian was there. Didn’t even matter to him that Ethan was there too. But Brian didn’t want him. It wasn’t just their friends watching his humiliation anymore, now it was the whole nation. Feelings were for suckers.

Not too long after he went to bed, he watched as Brian and Ethan did as well. He smiled to himself as Brian made Ethan sleep at the other end of the bed.

“Stay the fuck away from me,” Brian snapped to Ethan.

“Like I would want to touch anything you have. It’s probably so diseased it’s going to fall off.”

“Suck the fuck up,” Marisol told them. In this room now it was him, Laura, Marisol, Miles, Brian, and Ethan. Nothing horrible could ever happen. Yeah right, his luck just didn’t go that way.

If he would have his way he would be married to Brian by now and get paid millions for his art. He didn’t know which one was more implausible anymore.

“I’m sorry,” Laura said when she got into bed.

He turned facing her. “What for?”

“I know what it’s like to be let down by someone you thought hung the moon.”

“I’ve never had any delusions whatsoever about Brian.” Liar.

 “Well, Brody still seems keen.”

“Brody’s just killing time until his husband takes him back. It’s not like I’m even looking for anyone right now. I’ve got a career to focus on.” He knew there were some paint supplies in the house. Tomorrow he would paint, taking his mind off of all this crap.

 


It was Wednesday and now since they knew Brian was in the house, it felt weird to watch from his loft. Now they were having their viewing party at Drew and Em’s new place. It was huge with an indoor theater.

“Why weren’t we doing this in the first place?” Michael asked, getting comfy.  

“Emmett didn’t want us messing up his home,” Ted muttered.

“Now that’s not true. It’s just that Brian’s loft is much closer for everyone,” Emmett said.

Emmett and Drew had gotten a mansion only a few miles away from the home that Brian bought Justin.

“How big is this tv?” Hunter asked, his girlfriend Meena joining them this time.

“It’s 110 inches,” Drew told them proudly.

“Compensating for something?” Mel asked. Michael smiled as Lindsay told her wife to shh. It really was funny without Brian everyone thought they needed to make up for his snark.

“My honeybun has nothing to compensate for,” Emmett said, shooting daggers at Mel.

“These seats are really nice,” Carl said, kicking back in the recliner seat. He was feeling better this week it seemed.

The layout was just like a small theater. He wondered if he could talk Drew and Emmett into letting him use the room for when the Captain Astro movie is released. With all the Spiderman and Superman movies being made it was just a matter of time before Captain Astro got his time to shine.

“Shit, Sunshine is going to be life-size on this thing,” his mom laughed.

“Good thing the kids aren’t here. We wouldn’t want them seeing Brian and Justin live and in color,” Lindsay agreed.

“I’m not so sure that’s going to happen,” Emmett said mysteriously.

“What does that mean?” his mom demanded.

“It means Brian and Justin aren’t together,” Blake said.

“How the hell would you know?” she asked.

“I can’t afford the livestream membership, but I did join an Eye in the Sky forum. They said after Monday’s episode Brian shut Justin down hard. According to the group, Justin’s been moping around since.”

“Poor Sunshine. That fucking bastard, I knew he would hurt him again,” his mom ranted, banging her hand on the seat in front of her much to Emmett’s displeasure.

“That’s not what you said last night. You were telling me how happy you were that Brian was there with him,” Carl said, looking perplexed.

“Do you want to sleep on the sofa tonight?” she snapped.

“That fucking bastard,” Carl agreed with her, making everyone laugh.

Debbie nodded and looked back at the television. Michael exchanged a look with his mother’s husband. He was hopelessly in love with her, which was good because if anyone deserved love it was his mom.

“It’s on!” Emmett said, clapping his hands.

It started where it left off, Brian entering the house. Michael’s jaw dropped when he watched Brian start to be cruel to Justin. It was like when Justin was chasing after him all over again. Except this time, Brian was showing no interest at all in Justin.

Then it seemed that Brian got into a clique of his own where he was grand supreme. It was Alice, Martin, Joe, Sandra, and Brian.

“I can’t believe he’s doing this,” Jennifer said.

Michael couldn’t believe it either, something was very off. Looking at Ben he saw the same confusion in his husband’s eyes.

“I think it’s sweet,” Meena, Hunter’s girlfriend said.

“What’s sweet about any of that?” Jennifer asked.

“That Brian guy, he’s playing the whole house. You have to see it too; he just happens to befriend most of the house that aren’t already friends with Justin. If he cares about that Justin guy as much as you say, then it’s pretty obvious what he’s doing…right?”

It was like everything clicked into place. That’s exactly what Brian was doing. If he joined with Justin, they both would have a huge target on themselves. On these shows the couples are the first ones to go. And a gay couple at that, middle America wouldn’t like that.

“That idiot, he’s going to hurt Sunshine for a stupid game,” his mom said.

“A game Justin wants to win,” Jennifer pointed out.

His mom shook her head. “It doesn’t mean I have to like it.”

 


“Justin, please go to the interview room one,” EITS said.

Everyone in the house looked at him. He hadn’t done anything to warrant getting in trouble but that didn’t matter, EITS calls people to talk to lots of times in the day. Justin looked over at Brian, but the older man wasn’t looking at him, too busy reading some book. Brody patted him on the thigh and gave him an encouraging smile. Getting up, he walked to the interview room like he was walking to the gallows.

He opened the door and stepped in. The room was no bigger than a walk-in closet with a purple chair to sit in. It wasn’t very comfortable, but he sat down. Across from him was a camera but right over the camera was a speaker. Unlike the one that filled the rest of the house, this one could only be heard by him.

“How are you feel Justin?”

 


“What are they going to do to him?” his mom asked.

Michael didn’t answer because he didn’t know. Justin looked worried but that could be because Brian was shutting him out.

“I’m alright,” Justin said, biting his lip.

“There is a door opposite of the door you came in; would you please exit through that door.”

“WHAT?” his mother yelled.

“Shhh,” Mel told her.

They were all glued to the screen, even Carl and Tucker. He had no idea what was going on. Where are they kicking Justin out? For what reason?

“Ethan, would you please go to Interview Room One.”

Everyone in the house now started to look around, knowing it was the same room Justin had been told to go. When Ethan entered, he was told the same, to exit the other door.

It then showed Ethan and Justin in what looked like a suite. It had a bed, television, sofa, fridge, and a bathroom. What was going on? Ethan and Justin just looked at each other then looked around.

“What’s going on?” Ethan asked.

“You think I know?” Justin said.

“Contestants, you are the first two in Time Out,” EITS said. It seemed only Justin and Ethan could hear this.

“What’s Time Out?” Justin asked.

“Time Out is a once-a-week penalty that will be voted by one contestant. That contestant isn’t known to anyone in the house and that person changes every week.”

“Do we get to know who put us in here?” Justin asked.

“I’m sorry, that’s not possible. You are in Time Out for twenty-four hours, the clock starts now.”

“Twenty-four hours with my ex…great,” Justin whined.

“It’s not something I want either Sunshine,” Ethan told him. Michael didn’t like the way he said Sunshine, it was mocking.

The screen changed and at the bottom it read six hours ago. They watched as Brian was called into the Interview Room and asked to choose two people for Time Out. Playing the game like he was made for it, he said he wanted Ethan and Justin to go because he didn’t like Ethan and Justin was plain pathetic. He said it would surely make it easier for one of them to go home on Saturday.

It went back to showing Justin and Ethan. Justin sat on the couch and turned on the television. You could see inside the rest of the house. They watched Justin watch Brian break his heart again, taking Brody into the shower, there was little left to the imagination. He really hoped Brian knew what he was doing because it would be a miracle for Justin to forgive him for half the stuff he’s doing to him.