- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful comments. I was going to go another way with this story but since everyone seemed to like the funny. That's what we're doing now. I also used a suggestion from the reader on another site. Hope you all like it, it's changed a lot of how the story was orig gonna go but I think it's better now. 

 

 

If he left the house to go to the hospital, his time at the house was over. That really should be against the rules, it wasn’t his fault he was pummeled in the face. Alright, maybe he was being a little over the top with how he was with Brody. He thought about kissing him on the lips but that felt wrong. Brian was the only one he wanted to kiss and have kiss him. Ted had once told him he thought that Brian had fucked up his way of thinking, fucking someone but not kissing them.

They did have a real doctor come in and look him over. The doctor suggested going to the hospital to have a scan of his head because of his previous injury. He didn’t want to do that because he wouldn’t be able to win the money anymore.

“How are you feeling?” Marisol asked, giving him a caring look.

“Like my father used my face as a punching bag.” He was lucky his dad only got one real shot in before Brody was on him making his other two hits not as hard as the first. His nose bled and that was where all the blood came from. He was lucky it wasn’t broken. His face was a bit bruised but nothing terrible. If you don’t think about it being his own father, who did it.

“I thought Brody was going to kill him. I don’t understand why they let someone who had already been violent to you in the house to begin with,” she ranted, sitting down beside him. They were outside enjoying the sun, when they had watched the weather report in the luxury shed, it said it was going to rain later.

“They let my bully who tried to kill me in the house, I’m not surprised. At least it’s over because they wouldn’t dare bring in a new person, it was an elimination day.”

He never thought he would pick Ethan over anyone again but after Chris and his dad he would have loved to have that two-faced weasel there. He knew he was being a hypocrite. Ethan had done the same to him that he had done to Brian. Maybe it’s what he deserved, because he knew he hadn’t deserved Brian giving him another chance but was glad for it.

“What do you think your ex will think of you and Brody?” Miles asked. Miles had really come out of his shell in the house. He made dumb jokes and laughed at them but was nice.

“He won’t care, he’d probably be mad if I didn’t try him out.”

“Gay relationships are very different from straight ones,” Miles said shaking his head.

“Has nothing to do with gay or straight. It’s all to do with polyamorous. Trust me, we’re the only ones in our group that have that kind of relationship.”

“And that’s what you want?” Marisol asked. She was rubbing sunblock all over Miles who was even paler than him.

“If I could have Brian all to myself, I would love that, but that’s not what he wants. We’ve bounced back and forth so much it’s just what it is. As soon as he actually said he loved me, I knew I would never leave him again.” Until he did leave him for New York, a regret that he both hated and loved.

He loved being independent for the first time in his life. There was no one to rely on if things went south. If he was hungry, he couldn’t just go to Deb’s and beg for food. If he needed money he couldn’t go to Brian or his mom. It was all on him, and he loved that. Sink or swim. Be his own man.

Brody chose that moment to come storming over, face like thunder. Ever since his dad went after him, Brody had been wound up because he didn’t get to hurt him like he wanted.

Justin sat up on the lounge and Brody threw his leg over it and slid in behind him. It felt nice to lay back on the older man. It wasn’t like Brian with his sinewy form, Brody was all broad and firm, like a bear, a real one.

“What’s with the face?” Miles asked Brody.

“I’ve got a feeling they are up to something.”

“Who?”

“The producers. Another bed has been added to the two bed room.”

“What? When?”

“This morning during the talk I guess.” This morning the producers actually came in person and promised nothing like that would happen again. Violence of any form would be dealt with legally. It was a bunch of talk to make their lawyers happy Justin was sure.

“What does that mean? Maybe more people won’t have to share,” Marisol said.

“I just hope it doesn’t mean they are bringing someone else in, look how the last one worked out,” Miles said, his jaw tightening.

“They wouldn’t dare,” he said, knowing they would dare.

 


It was Monday night and this time it was just the adults at Brian’s. Jennifer decided she would watch it and make sure it was alright for Molly to see. After Craig hurting Justin, she didn’t want her to be upset again. Same could be said for Gus, Lindsay left him with the sitter who was watching JR.

“Where’s Brian?” Jennifer asked. She expected the man to be there. He was out of his mind with anger on Saturday when Craig attacked Justin. She even heard from Craig’s sister that he was still in jail awaiting arraignment. She spoke some with the producers and they said they were going after him for everything.

“He had a business trip come up but said we could use his loft,” Ted said. Ted was looking a bit cagey, she wondered what that meant. Maybe Brian had a date, and he didn’t want him to tell.

“It’s coming on,” Deb said from the couch, Carl wasn’t feeling well today so she was flying solo. She looked at Emmett. “You said Sunshine was alright, right?”

“Yes Deb. From the live stream it looked like besides a bruise on his cheek he just got a nosebleed. I don’t even think it was broken,” Drew said.

“Our little Sunshine looked perfectly fine, and sucking up the attention,” Emmett said.

“Was that all he was sucking?” Ted asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I haven’t watched every minute because I do have a life of my own, but from what I saw, just some heavy cuddling so far,” Emmett told them.

Jennifer didn’t want to hear about this. She knew Justin was…active, Brian is his boyfriend or was. But seeing it wasn’t something she wanted to do. It wasn’t because he was gay, it was because she was his mother, she wouldn’t want to see Molly and some guy either.

“Hush,” Debbie said, making everyone shut up.

There was a different host, instead of the smiley blonde from all the other ones, this was a stern looking man of about fifty with salt and pepper hair.

“Thank you for joining us for our second Mystery Shed surprise competition. A lot has happened since the last live show. I want everyone to know that man will be punished for his attack on another contestant. Justin has been checked out by our team of doctors and cleared to continue on with our show. We have an extra surprise for our contestants tonight or should I say two.”

“Not again,” Lindsay said. “Why does it always have to be surprises and shocks with them?”

“Ratings,” Ted told her. “People love drama. My guess there is double the ratings tonight there was Saturday because of Justin getting hurt.”

“Fucking vultures,” Debbie muttered.

Back on screen, it started showing a recap of what happened and the aftermath, stuff they hadn’t seen. She bit her lip with worry when they showed Justin being treated by the medics. Tucker patted her leg; it was good he was here, or she would be a complete mess. Why did everyone always pick on Justin. He’d always been a mouthy little thing. Craig’s mother, before she passed, said that Justin was her little angel. She would be clutching her pearls if she were still alive seeing him so outspoken now. Not that he was ever quiet. A shy, delicate flower he was not.

“Now for the live feed from inside the house,” the new host said. She wondered why the change in hosts, she had liked the woman.

Hannah, Laura, Martin, and Justin were playing some card game at the table. Around them was laughing and giggling. It looked like everyone was having a good time. Even that asshole Tom, which she hoped would leave next. Then it showed what was happening outside, she saw Miles and Marisol, they seemed to be getting along really well.

“When did they get together?” she asked.

“Oh please, they’ve been sniffing around each other since the beginning,” Emmett said, waving a hand at her.

“It just seems odd,” she said.

“Aww, you’ve been hanging out on Liberty Avenue too much. I know seeing straight people kiss seems weird, but you get used to it. I just don’t want the teaching the children,” Blake said winking at Tucker, causing him to laugh.

She could feel her cheeks redden; she was cursed with pale skin, so it was easy to see she was embarrassed.

“Will everyone come take a seat on the couch,” the voice announced over speaker.

“I wonder what competition this week will be,” Alice said to Joe.

“Hope it’s nothing too physical,” Belinda said.

“And I hope it’s nothing clearly catered to SOME people’s strengths,” Tom said, shooting an unmistakable glare at Justin.

“Sorry, does that mean if it’s some really physical tasks that Joe and Brody shouldn’t use their physical strength to their advantage?” Justin asked. That was the smart mouth that usually got him into trouble at school.

Tom snorted and turned away from Justin.

“He’s just jealous because when our boys asked him to do anything artistic, it always looked like a horse’s backside,” Laura said. In the past week she seemed to have grown more confident in herself, that was good. It took way too long for her to be able to stand up to Craig.

“As most of you have noticed, there is a new bed in one of the bedrooms. Now it’s time to explain our new surprise. After this week’s task, two new contestants will be joining the house. They will have to share the same bed, no bed swapping.”

“WHAT!” several of the contestants yelled. Her eyes sought Justin, he looked paler than usual.

“On to the task. Everyone outside to where the game has been set up.” They must have done that quickly.

“How could they do this to Sunshine?” Debbie cried.

“It will be someone for the others, they wouldn’t dare do anything else to Justin,” Mel said. “They wouldn’t risk the lawsuit.”

“I don’t know, I read that after Saturday the live stream subscriptions went up ninety percent,” Ted told them.

“Men love violence and women love snooping,” Hunter said with a shrug.

“That’s a pretty sexist view,” Lindsay said.

“To which sex?” Hunter shot back.

Jennifer hid her smile, she liked Hunter, he reminded her of Brian. She turned back towards the television and saw something that made her heart drop. Fifteen sets of gymnast rings. There was no way Justin’s hand would hold out a minute on those things. By the drop of his shoulders, he knew that too.

The overhead voice explained the rules, they have to have both hands on the rings and support their bodies. The last one up, is the winner.

“I can’t do this,” Justin said, shrugging his shoulders and heading for a seat.

“EVERYONE HAS TO PARTISAPATE!” the voice said louder than normal.

Justin looked like he wanted to argue but finally nodded and headed to a set of rings. There were step stools under each set.

“When the counter hits zero, please start, no weight is allowed on the stools.”

The timer hit zero and everyone did as they were instructed. It then started counting up. Her eyes were on Justin, he seemed fine, but she knew it wouldn’t last. As soon as his hand had enough, he would fall. That’s what these people didn’t seem to understand. Justin had no control over it when it was like that, it wasn’t a bad hand, it was a problem with his brain sending the wrong messages to his hand. He would be lucky not to break anything.

At one minute and twelve seconds, Justin’s hand spasmed and he went flying to the ground. She couldn’t watch and covered her eyes.

Everyone in the room with her gasped but didn’t say anything.

“Is he alright?” she asked, still not looking.

“Yeah, he’s fine. I’ve never seen anyone move that fast,” Tucker told her.

“Who?” she said, taking her hands away from her face.

Right under Justin was Loretta. Loretta was short but well-muscled. She would bet it hadn’t hurt her, but she still worried about them both.

“Are you alright? I’m so sorry,” Justin was saying.

“I’m fine, just a little winded. It wasn’t your fault.”

They all knew whose fault it was, but they wouldn’t say. They still wanted to win the game. The game continued until Joe was the last one up.

“Please go into the living room for further instructions,” the overhead voice said.

“I’m getting real sick of these people. They’re not treating them like people,” Debbie said.

“That’s because all they are to them are ratings. Justin knew that when he signed up,” Ted said.

“Doesn’t mean I have to like it.”

Jennifer loved Debbie’s fierce protection of Justin. She was also thankful that Justin knew when to break away because if he had stayed in Pittsburgh his whole life, he would have ended up just like Michael, waiting on Brian. As much as she cares for Brian now, she’s glad they aren’t together. Justin needs to find someone closer to his age, someone who only wants him.

The life they lead is so dangerous. This was a great opportunity for her son. She just wished he didn’t have a thing for older men. Brody seemed nice but he was even older than Brian. Daddy issues, it had to be. Did that mean Tucker had mommy issues? She looked over at the love of her life and shook her head. No, they were just meant for each other.

“Alright contestants. In a moment your two new housemates will be walking through that door. As stated, after you arrived each one of you would have someone you already knew, someone you already had an issue with. Tonight, someone in this house will have two.”

“What is going on?” Lindsay demanded. Jennifer didn’t know what to tell her, she had no clue with.

They watched the door with bated breath. After what felt like eternity the door opened.

“ETHAN?” several in the room with her shouted.

Justin just started laughing. He bent over he was laughing so hard. Their breakup and been clean with nothing after it. Justin almost instantly went back to Brian. She didn’t know what the producers thought they were doing. Justin wouldn’t be upset by Ethan’s presence.

Ethan looked uncomfortable to say the least. She wondered why he was doing this but then remembered that he had less money than Justin did.

“What the hell are you doing here Ethan?” Justin asked. The parental part of her wanted Justin not to use such language.

“I was offered the chance and my agent thought it was a great idea.”

Justin rolled his eyes, but she knew he was only there because his agent thought it was for the best.

He was so busy arguing with Ethan he didn’t see the door open again, revealing an even bigger surprise.

“Calm down, Sunshine.”

Justin froze, looking towards the door and Ethan was forgotten. Justin seemed to come out of his shock and ran towards the man at the door, leaping onto him, wrapping his legs around him.

“Christ, they’re gonna fuck right here on screen,” Debbie cackled.

“Oh Justin,” Jennifer muttered. She never thought he would really sleep with Brody during the run of the show but there was no way he wouldn’t be with Brian. Probably before the end of the day if she knew both of them.

“*BEEP* I’M IN HELL!” Ethan moaned loudly.