- Text Size +

Halloween finally arrived. It was an unseasonably warm Fall day, which was great considering they were having an outdoor ceremony and reception. For the ceremony itself, the men dressed traditionally in black tuxedos while the ladies in the wedding party wore formal dresses. The grooms chose rust and eggplant for their colors. The guests were asked to wear semi-formal clothing, and then everyone would be given time to change into their costumes for the reception in partitioned changing areas.

Emmett had asked Ted to be his best man while Reba, Justin, and Daphne would also be standing up for him. Drew asked his old teammate Jeff Campbell to be his best man. Also standing up for him would be Jeff's wife/Drew ex-wife Sierra, along with his brother Jason and sister Rachel.

Since this would hopefully be Emmett's only and Drew's last wedding, they invited all of their friends and family members to attend. Everyone on Emmett's side was thrilled that Lindsay, Melanie, Gus, and JR were able to come down from Toronto for the special day. Even Zack O'Toole, who was now the owner one of the most successful gay porn production companies in the country, had flown in from Los Angeles after Emmett had sent him an invitation after Ted dared him to; they didn't think he'd actually come.

When it was time for the ceremony to start, a string quartet began to play "All I Ask of You" from The Phantom of the Opera. Lyla and Sawyer walked down the aisle together, Lyla dropping fall-colored rose petals along the way. Next came the members of the wedding party. Once everyone was in their places, Drew was walked down the aisle by his parents, Frank and Mae. Finally, Emmett was walked down the aisle by Lula and Debbie, all three crying buckets of tears.

Emmett had asked Reverend Brad from the Church of the Holy Showtune to officiate the ceremony. The flamboyant old queen was wearing a sequined black suit with an orange ascot.

"Welcome friends and family to the wedding of these two gorgeous men, Andrew Clarke Boyd and Emmett Morgan Honeycutt," Reverend Brad began, speaking in his usual animated style. "All of you look fabulous. We are here today to celebrate the love of Drew and Emmett and to finally join them in lawfully-wedded bliss. Separately, Drew and Emmett are strong, passionate, and generous men. Together, they are best friends, fathers to their two beautiful children, and they balance each other perfectly. I have spent some time with these two men over the last few months while they've prepared for this day, and I've gotta say that Drew and Emmett go together like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong."

The audience chuckled.

"Before I lose myself in song, I'm going to let two of the grooms' friends treat us to a good one," Reverend Brad said.

Justin and Daphne stepped forward to perform their song, but before they could begin, Brian walked up to the small elevated platform that had been placed in front of the gazebo and took the microphone out of Daphne's hand.

"May I cut in?" Brian asked the beautiful lady, who was dressed in a very nice eggplant-colored maternity dress.

Daphne smiled. "That's the way it should be."

"Wa-ooh, yeah!" Reverend Brad suddenly hollered before covering his mouth. "Sorry."

"Ready?" Brian asked his befuddled partner.

Justin would have to switch to the part that Daphne was planning to sing, but he knew the song well. He nodded and cued the man in charge of the music to start the track.

Justin began to sing slightly higher than his usual tone: "Live in my house, I'll be your shelter. Just pay me back with one thousand kisses. Be my lover and I'll cover you."

Brian took over in a masculine tone: "Open your door, I'll be your tenant. Don't got much baggage to lay at your feet, but sweet kisses I've got to spare. I'll be there and I'll cover you."

Justin and Brian then held hands and sang together: "I think they meant it when they said you can't buy love. Now I know you can rent it, a new lease, you are my love. On life, be my life."

They did a little swing dance move during a short vocal break.

They next both sang: "Just slip me on, I'll be your blanket. Wherever, whatever, I'll be your coat."

Justin: "You'll be my king and I'll be your castle."

Brian: "No, you'll be my queen and I'll be your moat."

They sang together again: "I think they meant it when they say you can't buy love. Now I know you can rent it, a new lease, you are my love. On life, all my life. I've longed to discover something as true as this is."

Brian then sang as he and Justin did a little tango move: "So with a thousand sweet kisses."

Justin: "When you're cold and you're lonely."

Brian: "I'll cover you with a thousand sweet kisses."

Justin: "You've got one nickel only. With a thousand sweet kisses."

Brian: "When you're worn out and tired."

Justin: "With a thousand sweet kisses."

Brian: "When your heart has expired."

They finished by belting out together: "Oh lover, I'll cover you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh lover, I'll cover you."

They ended the song with a kiss, which lasted for several seconds as the wedding party and audience cheered.

Lula looked over at Debbie and said, "They're so perfect together. I bet they're next. "

Debbie smiled at the two men she loved as sons. "From your lips to God's ears."

"Thank you," Justin whispered to Brian after finally breaking their kiss.

"I love you, Angel," Brian replied, giving him a quick peck on the lips before returning to his seat.

Reverend Brad dabbed his eyes with a pink handkerchief. "Oh, that was marvelous, thank you gentleman. That's one of my favorites. Emmett and Drew would now like to exchange a few words of love with each other."

"Drew, I love you. You have filled my heart like no one ever did before and made dreams that I didn't even know I had come true. You accept me and love me for the man that I am. You have given me yourself and helped bring two beautiful children into my life. Together we've built the family that I have wanted since I was a kid and nothing makes me happier than raising our babies with you. I am so proud to finally become your husband, and from this day forward I promise to give you my unconditional love and to be your biggest fan. You are my world," Emmett said, his eyes full of tears and a smile to rival Justin's on his face.

"Emmett, I love you. I never knew that something was missing from my life until I met you. With your love, strength, and encouragement, you helped me become the man that I always should have been. When you sent me away to ‘sow my gay oats', I tried to do what you expected of me, but I wasn't happy. My happiness comes from sharing my life with you, laughing with you, watching Lyla and Sawyer grow up, and being loved by you. I will never be able to thank our friends enough for helping us get here today. I promise to love and cherish you and our children from this day forward, and to be the husband and father that you all deserve. You are my world," Drew answered, now crying along with his sobbing partner.

"May I have the rings, please?" Reverend Brad asked.

"I got ‘em!" Sawyer said as he climbed off his Grandma Mae's lap and walked up to the gazebo. After handing the reverend the pillow, Sawyer asked Drew, "Did I do good, Papa? I did it just like you told me to."

"You did perfect, son," Drew answered his smiling little boy. He then looked at Emmett. "I, Drew, take thee, Emmett..."

"I, Emmett, take thee, Drew..."

"For richer, for poorer..."

"In sickness and in health..."

"To love and to honor..."

"To hold and to keep..."

"From each sun to each moon..."

"From tomorrow to tomorrow..."

"From now to forever..."

"Till death do us part," Emmett concluded, sniffling.

The men picked the rings up off of the pillow.

"With this ring I thee wed," Drew said as he slid the ring on Emmett's finger.

"With this ring I thee wed," Emmett echoed.

Ted and Blake then took the microphones to sing the rest of the exchange from West Side Story, the string quartet backing them.

Ted began: "Make of our hands one hand, make of our hearts one heart, make of our vows one last vow: only death will part us now."

Blake then sang: "Make of our lives one life, day after day, one life."

They finished together: "Now it begins, now we start. One hand, one heart. Even death won't part us now. Make of our lives, one life, day after day, one life. Now it begins, now we start. One hand, one heart. Even death won't part us now."

Reverend Tom then proudly announced, "With the exchange of their vows and rings, I now get to say the thing that these two gentlemen have been looking forward to hearing for many years: By the powers vested in me by the state of Pennsylvania and the showtune gods, I now pronounce Emmett and Drew as legally married. You may kiss your husband."

Drew grabbed Emmett and dipped him, planting his lips on his. Emmett returned the kiss with everything he had as he held onto Drew's broad shoulders. The crowd cheered for the new husbands.

Once the grooms finally came up for air, the reverend called out, "Ladies and gentleman, Mr. and Mr. Boyd!"

Justin and Daphne followed Emmett and Drew up the aisle as the orchestra played "Honey Honey" from Mamma Mia!

"They owe it all to us," Daphne said, recalling their grand plan to get their fabulous friend and the man of his dreams together.

The best friends high fived each other.

"Now we just have to get you married," she added.

Justin sighed. "That will take a miracle."

Once everyone got through the receiving line, the guests headed off to change into their costumes for the reception. The wedding party took some pictures in the garden in their formal clothes beforehand.

Brian and Justin chose to dress as Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, Justin well aware that the only way Brian would wear a costume was if it was something tough.

Lindsay and Melanie went as Cagney and Lacey from one of their favorite old TV shows. They liked to pretend that the girls had a more-than-professional relationship with each other. Gus and JR both dressed as a zombies.

Carl and Debbie had just seen Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and decided to dress as the two main characters, Sweeney Todd and Nellie Lovett.

Lula dressed as Granny and Reba as Elly May from The Beverly Hillbillies. They helped Lyla into her 80's rockstar costume and Sawyer into his pirate costume.

Ted and Blake chose to go as Han Solo and Luke Skywalker. They dressed up their one year-old son Phoenix like Yoda.

Pregnant Daphne dressed as a skeleton with a smiling baby's skeleton over her growing belly. Her husband Curtis had to work in the ER that night, Halloween being one of the hospital's busiest nights of the year, especially combined with it being a Saturday and a full moon.

Jayoung and her partner Carla were dressed as Xena and Gabrielle from Xena: Warrior Princess.

Beena and her fiance Mark went as a 1920's flapper and gangster.

Jeff, Sierra, and their three kids dressed as the Munster family.

Costumes for the other guests ranged from simple to extravagant. Many of the kids as well as a few of the adults were dressed as superheroes.

For their Halloween costumes, Drew and Emmett would be Ricky and Lucy from "The Diet" episode of I Love Lucy. Brian and Justin permitted the newlyweds to use their master suite to get ready, so long as the did not fuck in their bed. Drew was quickly finished changing into his fifties-style tuxedo and gelling his hair. He topped off his ensemble with a cock-eyed straw hat.

Emmett had gone into the bathroom to change, needing the mirror to apply his makeup. Drew settled into one of the two reading chairs with his Kindle, thinking that he would be able to read a few chapters of John Grisham's latest novel. Fifteen minutes later, Emmett came prancing out looking remarkably like Lucy Ricardo with his red wig, makeup, and green sequined dress. He was chomping gum and swinging around his matching sequined purse.

"Damn Emmett, you make one beautiful woman... but I sure do love your huge cock, especially when it's inside me," Drew whispered into his new husband's ear.

"Drewsie!" Emmett squealed, embarrassed.

"I thought you'd be at least an hour. You had to shave your legs and put on makeup, a dress, and nylons all by yourself. You walk in those heels like they're sneakers. How did you get done so fast?"

"Honey, you should know by now that a real queen never gives away her secrets," Emmett answered, smiling as he recalled his days of performing in a drag show with Godiva after he had arrived in Pittsburgh.

Drew smiled and softly kissed his husband's cheek, not wanting to smudge his makeup.

As the guests enjoyed cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, Drew and Emmett walked out onto the dance floor and recreated the famous "Cuban Pete/Sally Sweet" performance. They had been practicing for weeks and did the dance perfectly, lip-syncing along to the lyrics. They received applause and whistles from the crowd.

Drew and Mae, who was dressed as Olive Oyl to her husband's Popeye, danced together to "Unforgettable" by Natalie and Nat King Cole.

Emmett and Lula were quite a sight in their costumes when they danced to "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers. By the time the song had finished, they were crying all over each other.

A very fancy dinner was served before the toasts began. There were the traditional toasts given by members of the wedding party followed by Brian standing up to give one of his own.

"I would like to offer congratulations, not only to our newlyweds, but to several others that made this day possible for them. First, my partner Justin and his partners-in-crime, Daphne, Sierra and Jeff, who all got it into their heads way back in ‘08 to get these two back together. To Drew's mother Mae, who encouraged Emmett to go see his family down in Mississippi and invite them to the wedding. To Emmett's Aunt Lula and Cousin Reba, who are both very sweet and have offered much insight into our favorite flame. In closing, I must congratulate Drew Boyd for finally making an honest woman of our lovely Queen Bubbles."

There were several chuckles heard throughout the crowd. Emmett just looked down at the table and shook his head. He was really hoping that Brian had either not heard Lula or Reba call him by his childhood nickname or had forgotten, since he never mentioned it before. Oh well, he had his man now and that all that really mattered to him.

After the cake had been served, the kids were all off to enjoy the supervised games set up around the well-lit Britin grounds. Justin had organized different things to keep the kids busy. They could carve pumpkins, bob for apples, or play ring toss. There was a "pop goes the pumpkin" dart game for the older kids where there were balloons attached to a plywood wall filled with either candy or confetti. All the games had prizes for the kids to win. Brian had previously sent Justin shopping to get toys for prizes, telling him to get "nice prizes, not a bunch of shit from the dollar store that should be in the garbage." There would later be a pumpkin judging contest where the kid with the best carved pumpkin would be going home with a $100 gift card to Toys R Us.

Justin's face painting booth was a big hit. Most of the kids just wanted hearts, butterflies, or superhero masks while some of the older kids asked for zombie faces after seeing the work that Justin had done on Gus and JR, even if it didn't match their costume. Some adults wanted their faces painted, too. Lindsay volunteered to help when the line got too long and some kids started throwing fits.

Once it got darker, the kids were rounded up to watch movies projected on sheets draped on the outer walls of the house. There was Rocky Horror Picture Show for the older kids and Hocus Pocus for the younger kids. Everything was supervised by Emmett's staff, who were all dressed as characters from The Wizard of Oz, so the adult guests could enjoy the party and not worry about watching their little ones.

Brian had hired party busses for the guests that came in from Pittsburgh and planned on drinking. He and Justin wanted to make sure no one would have to worry about driving themselves home after enjoying the open bar. There would be early and late buses to take everyone home.

Brian and Justin booked Drew and Emmett into the Executive Suite at the Omni William Penn Hotel for the night, one of Kinnetik's clients. The newlyweds would be leaving in the morning for their honeymoon in Niagara Falls and Toronto, where they would be spending two weeks relaxing before Drew started his new job as Channel 4's new sports announcer.

Lula and Reba would take Lyla and Sawyer back to the Boyd house after the party finally ended and spend Sunday with them before returning to Hazelhurst on Monday. After that, the kids would spend a week with Mae and Frank, then another with Debbie and Carl until their dads came home.

At around 10 PM, the limo to take Emmett and Drew to their hotel arrived. There were still quite a few guests dancing the night away. Emmett grabbed a microphone and asked for everyone to come into the main tent.

"I just wanted to say a few things before my hubby and I take off," he said, smiling at Drew. "My ‘hubby'... God, I love that word. Anyway, on behalf of myself, my hubby, Lyla, and Sawyer, I thank all of you for coming and enjoying this wonderful day with us. Of course, many thanks to Brian and Justin for allowing us to use their gorgeous estate, as well as organizing the activities for the kids, renting the busses, and providing the candy and prizes. They have gone above and beyond to make this day possible for us, and we love them so much. A special thank you to our wedding party, Frank, Mae, Deb, and Aunt Lula. To all of the amazing people with Emmett's Fabulous Festivities, you'll be getting your ‘thanks' when you receive your checks next Friday... you're all getting paid double-time today."

Emmett's employees all whooped and clapped.

"Thank you to the DJ, the orchestra, the-"

Before Emmett could continue, Drew pulled the microphone out of his hand, eager to get their wedding night started at the hotel. He tossed Emmett over his shoulders in a fireman's carry and made a beeline to the driveway where the limo was waiting.