- Text Size +

 

 

 

MEL’S POV

 

We had another session with Dr. Bradford today and it was fun. When we read the questions we had the same kind of questions. We decided that we are going to take Brian up on the offer of the carriage house. Lindsay told me that when she and Brian talked on Saturday night it was general not specific. That she was going to talk to me. Brian didn’t need to hear it. She told me that she just needed me to look and tell her what I see when I look at her art.

 

Her questions were faster. We already agreed about where to live. I told her that from now on I would listen and offer advice not opinions. I also told her that when we feel like we are going to argue that instead that we do as Dr. Bradford suggested we walk away until we feel we can talk.

Dr. Bradford asked us to tell her about the weekend. We were telling her about dinner and that we felt that having the kids alone really helped us, as well as the kids. I told her about Gus. She asked if we felt that Gus got what he needed from us and how do we feel about the partial custody.

 

I told her that I let Brian be an excuse for our problems. That Gus was right when he said that if it had been Justin helping out, I probably would have been okay with it. Lindsay said that she didn’t help matters when she ran to Brian.

 

We all laughed when we talked about Michael forgetting JR. Dr. Bradford asked how our relationship with Michael was. We told her that Michael tends to fly off the handle when he feels that he isn’t being told things. Like when we moved. Dr. Bradford said she agreed with him. He has parental rights and we abused them. We agreed with her. I just didn’t want to deal with him at the time.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

Dr. Bradford asked if we are moving again for the right reasons. I told her that after all this, we knew that we needed to be home. She looked at Mel and asked if being that close to Brian was something she could handle. Mel told her that she realized that Brian isn’t the root of all evil. She is responsible for the problems and cheating. Brian didn’t point her to the woman and throw them in bed. Mel did that on her own. That instead of us talking to each other, we ran from each other.

I was really excited because I feel we finally see the problems, and understand the reasons for them. Dr. Bradford told us when we leave today that if we have questions still write them down, but also share them before our next appointment. She feels that Mel and I progressed fast and could do it. We are still going to see her and talk because she wants us to work on how to have conversations and not argue.

 

When we leave I tell Mel we need to start planning, because I want to be home by the end of August. Mel has talked to her old firm and they said that she could come back, not as partner but to the firm. I called Sydney and he said that he would love to have me back. We are going forward.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Do I miss the life I had, no. I won’t become the person who didn’t know it’s time to leave the party. You know who I am talking about, the guy who is standing at the bar and looking at kids young enough to be his. Plus, Babylon is my business. I can have fun and play, but why bother when I have Justin a phone call away.

 

Ted wants to put some managers in place. He doesn’t want to be here seven days a week anymore. I don’t blame him. Justin and I were here three to four times a week before we had Gus with us. Justin likes to dance and talk to people. I come for the booze. We decided to hire two, and they were going to meet us here. We stopped by Woody’s and hung out with Emmett and Drew, then came to Babylon. Wednesday isn’t extremely busy. I told Ted to hire who he wanted.

I saw Brandon, he seems to be having a good time. Looking around, I was satisfied that we were making enough money tonight. I see Ben coming in the door. He heads straight for me.

 

“Have you seen Michael?” Ben asks me.

 

I shake my head no. What is wrong now.

 

“He left dinner with Deb, JR and I. JR was showing her book to us and he just got up and left. I thought he might have come here or... I don’t know.” Ben looks upset.

 

I tell him I haven’t even heard from Michael. I took out my phone and see if he’s called, nope. I asked him if he wanted me and Ted to help look for him. He asked me to call Michael to see if he would answer. It went straight to voicemail. We got Ted to try same thing. We decided to call everyone to see if they had seen him. Emmett and Drew were on their way. Daphne told Justin she would stay with Gus. Justin said he would look and see if maybe he’d broken down driving to our house. Michael took Deb’s car when he left.

 

I can’t believe he is running around hiding. I almost told Ben we should just let him pout on his own. Michael is behaving like an ass and here we all are trying to find him. Deb called Carl but Carl told her that he can’t run around looking for a grown man, unless she wants to say he stole the car. I can’t believe Michael is causing everyone to worry when his daughter needs him.

 

BEN’S POV

 

We were at Deb’s house having dinner and Michael seemed like he was fine. JR told them that she wanted to show us her new scrapbook from Chicago. I liked that she put the pictures with the captions. I asked where she got the idea to do that. She said that Justin showed them how to do it. Michael looked for a second, asked his mom for her car key, then just left.

 

I looked at home, his shop and the diner. I called Woody’s and still no Michael. I thought maybe he would have gone to Babylon. Brian and Ted hadn’t seen him. We asked the bartenders they said no. Where the hell is he?

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

Brian is pissed about us having to look for Michael. I’m not exactly thrilled either but what can you do. I got all the way to the club and no Michael. Brian told Ted to stay and if he showed to call. Ben and Brian hopped into my car and we started driving. Brian keep trying to call, no answer. We gave up after four hours and drove Ben home.

 

We got home and decided that maybe he would call. We woke up late because we didn’t get in bed till almost three in the morning. Brian had a meeting so he went to work. I called Ben to see if Michael came home he said no. Deb and he had to be at work so I got Gus and we went to pick up JR. I figured we could hang out at the loft today.

 

We were keeping it from the kids. Brian and Ben said that it was better for them to think everything was normal. JR skipped to the car and we headed to the loft. I got JR an easel and paint and Gus went to play on the game system in the bedroom. We lost track of time. Brian was coming into the loft, I looked up at the clock and saw it was already 4pm. I walked over to see that JR had been trying to paint me painting. It was good in an abstract kind of way. Gus was busy killing everything and food was all around him.

 

I looked at Brian and he shook his head no. He told me that we were going to keep JR tonight. Guess Ben is still going to look for Michael.

 

GUS’ POV

 

When Justin left I knew something was going on but they were being quiet about it. I started to worry until I saw Dad and Justin come in. I called Mama and Mom this morning and they were fine. I decided not to worry about it, the people I need to be okay are fine.

 

JR told me that Michael wasn’t home. Guess that what’s going on. I don’t always get Michael, he is usually okay, but sometimes I think he doesn’t like Justin. I don’t think he hates him or anything just doesn’t like him all the time. He and Justin work together and I know they spend time out together so what causes him to get mad? I want to ask Justin, but I’ll wait.

 

JR’S POV

 

Dad is being a brat again. I don’t understand him. He was fine and then he just leaves and tells no one. All the adults think Gus and I don’t notice Dad is missing. I was worried about it. Gus said not to unless someone tells us something is wrong. He’s my Dad, he should be here for me.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I spent the day with Deb calling every five minutes looking for Michael. I told her that until he gets over whatever caused this new tantrum, he was going to act like a child. Deb tried to say that Michael has just been upset with everything and needs his friends. I told her that a 35 year old man just isn’t as important as a 13 year old and a 9 year old. She hung up.

 

I called Ben and he said he’s gone by the shop. Michael is nowhere. I told him jokingly to check to see if any charges to New York were made. Hey, I thought it was funny. Ben told me he would come by the loft and check on JR.

 

I called it a day at 4. I took the next day off. We are all caught up and until we get some new accounts all the others were ready. Justin told me they were going to the loft. I order some pizza and salads for us. They were all there and Justin had this puzzled look on his face when I came in. He is like that, he forgets time if he is creating. I walk to see what he’s painting and it’s Gus and JR running around each other in a yard. They look like they are having the time of their lives. He painted it with toys around the edges and a dragonfly on Gus’s shoulder about to take flight. It’s a simple concept but you see the excitement in it.

 

Justin looks at JR’s painting and analyzes it like it’s a masterpiece. She is vibrating to hear what he thinks.

 

“You are doing really well. I think paint is your medium. Sketching, you tend to think too much, but you can tell you just let it flow here.” Justin tells JR.

 

This is what Michael misses. JR just want you to be interested in what she does. I look and it’s not Justin’s caliber but for someone whose, 9 it’s pretty good. She looks at me and I tell her to finish it and she has her first sale. She is floating now. Justin smiles at me.

 

Gus runs out to see and stops when he sees Justin’s painting.

 

“I like it.” My son the art genius.

 

MICHAEL’S POV


When JR showed us the scrapbook, I look at it, I was going to be happy. When Ben asked where the idea came from she said Justin. I couldn’t do it. I left and took Ma’s car. At first I drove around then decided that it was time I voiced my opinion. I drove all night and arrived at the girls’ house. I am sitting out here waiting. I got here at 2 and nobody’s home yet.