- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I think i have about two more chapters and an epiloge then this is done.

MEL’S POV

 

Brian had talked to us, and Lindsay and I agreed with Justin, that we weren’t going to take the house for free. Brian thought since it was part of his property and it’s paid for, he could put it in Gus’s name. I told him that he asked for neighbors he was stuck with us. Justin snorted.

 

Jen and Lindsay were over with Emmett to talk about party plans, Justin grabbed me and said to let the control freak and WASP have fun. He took me to his car, and we decided that we were going to find Ted for lunch. Justin told me that he wanted to ask me what I thought about Blake and Ted.

 

“Ted just worries that he isn’t exciting enough for Blake.” I tell Justin.

 

“Doesn’t Ted realize that Blake is a counselor and is just as boring now.” Justin answers.

 

“You do know that Ted is always comparing his chances with men against Brian.” I tell Justin, and he looks confused at that.

 

“Justin, all of the gang except for Emmett look at a guy and wonder if Brian would fuck the guy. If they think Brian would trick with someone, they were scared to start a relationship with them.” I tell him.

 

“I guess I could see that, but Brian never tricked with anybody they were interested in. Brian would say that if they would date them, they were below Brian’s standards. I think it’s because Brian wouldn’t hurt them that way.” Justin tells me.

 

“Has he ever stolen a trick from you?” I always wondered about this.

 

“When we were tricking, the trick was just someone to use. Most of the time we did everything together, but our taste don’t always match, so guys I like he would trick with but was indifferent about.” Justin tell me.

 

I just had to know. Justin is good looking and if l liked men I would have gone for him. All of us always wondered why Brian couldn’t seem to stay away from someone who doesn’t look like the ones he tricked with.

 

“Justin other than you, Brian always seemed to go for guys that looked like him. Did you guys ever talk about why you were it for him?” I wonder if he will answer that.

 

“He said that I was the first person that didn’t give up on him.” Justin tells me.

 

“What about Ethan?” I mean he did leave Brian and go to him.

 

“I was still there. We still talked and when his nephew accused him of molesting him, I found out the truth. Got Carl to make his nephew tell the truth. We were both acting like children during that time. He had his own things going on and I felt unimportant. I think that’s why people cheat. I was wrong, but at the time I wanted someone make me feel important. It was selfish, I mean when you commit to someone you are there for good and bad, not just stay for the good and run from the bad. I was afraid to say anything, and he doesn’t talk. We could be in other relationships, but if we need each other we would always be there.” Justin tells me.

 

It has always been strange, Justin doesn’t try to tell anybody what they should do. He just talks until it makes sense. I mean listening to him could describe both the times that Lindsay and I cheated. We had to see a counselor to get to this point. Justin just figures it out. Brian would tell you, don’t fuck up if you don’t like what happens.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

My Princess escaped with Smelly Melly. I am stuck with the women who lunch. Lindsay and Jen wanted to have a buffet service type meal. They looked at me. I told them to do what they wanted and left. I miss Gus at least we could have made fun of them together. I get a call to tell me everything is ready for pick up at the stores be went to. I grab my keys, Lindsay and told Jen and Emmett to lock up.

 

I want to show Lindsay the stuff I got. I also want to spend time with Wendy before we grow up completely.

 

“The stuff Gus ordered for Justin and Ben, and my order are all ready to pick up. Want to see?” I ask her.

 

We drive to the stores and I find out that Gus ordered Michael a mug that said “I love my Dad”. Lindsay of course got all sappy about it. We got to the jewelry store and I was going to hide it but this is Linds. The lady pulled them out for inspection. On one of the necklaces was a charm of the sun with a sapphire in the middle. They didn’t have a cowrie shell but I substituted a seashell with an emerald in the middle. It was corny and romantic according to Linds but she said that Justin would like it.

 

We decided to go look for our partners and Linds called Mel. Justin and Mel were going meet Ted for lunch. We decided we were all going to meet at the Deli near Kinnetik. We got there and everyone was waiting including Blake.

 

“What, do you two decide every few years that you can’t live without each other?” I ask Blake and Ted.

 

“No, we just ran into each other yesterday and when Mel called I invited Blake.” Ted thinks he’s fooling all of us.

 

We ordered and sat around talking. Mel told Ted that they are moving back in a month. Ted was thrilled. Ted then asked had they told Michael and where were they going to live.

“We plan on telling Michael and Ben tomorrow. Brian offered us the caretaker's house on Britin. It’s far enough that we won’t have drop in visitors all the time.” Mel told him. We all knew what she really meant.

 

Ted had told Blake about the adventures of Mikey apparently. Ted nudged Blake and then told us that Blake had an opinion about it. We looked at Blake.

 

“Look I was never really a part of your group, so this is based on being an outsider. Michael is like a drug addict, he makes excuses for why he does things, promises to change, but just snorts it behind your back. Brian, you’re his drug. You fix everything so that he doesn’t have to face it. Ben ignores the problem and everyone else is patting him on the back and saying it’s okay. He gets upset and everybody is running to help. This time nobody has the time to be there for him. He feels left out. Even if it something that has nothing to do with him.” Blake looks at us to see what we think.

 

“Lindsay and I were wrong and have apologized for hiding the move from Michael. After he said he was fine, it was another problem. We haven’t told Michael about this move only because we wanted to make sure it was possible before we told the kids. Michael would blurt it to everyone, damn the consequences. Now we know that we are moving, we are going to tell everyone. I just worry that he will get upset that Justin and Brian knew first.” Mel tells us.

 

“I suggest you tell him that Brian and Justin offered the suggestion, but you hadn’t decided till you got here. I mean it’s the closest to the truth.” Ted tells the girls.

 

We started talking about normal stuff after that. I looked at Ted before we left and told him the advice he offered me about Justin, take the advice himself.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

Thank God we are headed home. The kids had an okay time. Gus said that it was fun, but I know the kids have been going to places that had more things to do than hike and ride in boats. Ben likes to commune with nature. It wasn’t bad, just nothing like the kids have been doing.

We dropped Hunter’s at Ma’s house. I talked to her but she isn’t saying a lot to me. She gave me an earful about neglecting my responsibilities and I just left, she was acting like I killed someone.

 

Gus called Brian and told him we were on our way. Then he whispered something about presents to JR. Seriously Ben and I try to do something nice, and Brian and Justin have to top it with presents. I think this will be a good way to show Mel and Lindsay what I have been dealing with. I also want to make sure that they know how much it hurt that when they had paperwork filled out for Justin to be Gus’s Papa that they should have done it for us too.

 

We pull up to Britin, God it sounds like some English estate. The kids run out of the car and into the house. The girls were all over them and Gus runs to Brian and whispers to him. He nodded and asked JR to come with him. What did he buy them, their own island or something? We walk into the kitchen and Justin asks if we want coffee. Everyone gets their drinks and we sit down. Brian and the kids walk in, Brian with a few wrapped boxes. He sets them down and tells the kids after the moms talk.

 

“Michael, Ben we want to talk to you about a decision we made this week. After the mess we made with all the moves we didn’t want to keep repeating it. We decided that we are coming home to Pennsylvania.” Mel tells us.

 

I sit there and realize it’s good news, they are bring my kid home.

 

“You know there is a house just three doors down from us that’s for sale. I know the realtor. We can go look at it tomorrow.” I offer because my honeybun three houses away means that I can just see her all the time.

 

“That is the other thing. Mel and I found a house that will be perfect for us. It’s close to town but far enough that we aren’t in the city. It’s actually the house on the far side of this property.” Lindsay tells us.

 

The kids are excited and everyone else looks happy. I want my daughter closer than that. I was about to bring that up when Brian tells the kids to give out the presents. Great another way that Brian and Justin are better than what Ben and I do.

 

JR is looking at the tags and walks to Ben and hands him two of them, and she hands me one that is heavy. I look at her to see what she wants me to do with her present.

 

“Open it silly.” JR tells me.

 

I open it and it’s a coffee mug with ‘I love my Dad’ on it. I look at what Ben got and it’s a keychain that says ‘To Papa from JR’ and a coffee mug that says ‘For Papa Only’ and Justin got the same as Ben. Ever felt like a complete shit? I know I do. I hug my kid and tell her thanks for loving me.

I ask the girls instead of tell them, if we could do the same for Ben that they did for Justin. They said that all we needed to do was ask. The kids want to see the house. I want to talk to Justin.

I ask if he can stay behind.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

Brian looks to see if I think he should stay and I tell him shake my head. It might make it worse. Ben looks at me to and I give him the same response. We wait for everyone to leave.

 

“Why can’t I get it right. I mean you seem to always get it right, and I get it wrong. Spending time with JR is great when I know I’m going to have her, but now it’s like a nightmare. Gus acts like you walk on water. Yesterday, he told us it was fun but I think he was humoring us. It’s like everything is just easy for you.” Michael is really upset.

 

“Were you humoring Ben when you told him you had fun yesterday?” I ask Michael.

 

“Of course, I hate nature walks and camping but it was time together.” Michael isn’t getting yet.

 

“The kids probably didn’t have fun the whole time, but you were together. Gus doesn’t humor people. He gets that from his dad. JR probably loved that you spent time with her. I don’t always get it right. Do you know how many times I wanted to call someone when the kids were little because they were crying and throwing tantrums? Usually every other time I watched them. Michael, you have issues when something changes to fast, recognize it and be honest about it. Stop driving us crazy.” I really need about 10 drinks right now. Hmm, drunk Michael is fun.

 

I get up and tell him to have a drink and calm down. I can slam drinks, but so can Michael.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I want to go back to the house, but Mel stopped me. We were sitting outside together while Lindsay, Ben and the kids looked around.

 

“Leave it alone. You go over there and Michael will wait for you to fix it.” Mel thinks I don’t know this.

 

“Justin and Michael have this strange friendship. Michael nags and tries to tell Justin what to do and Justin just blows him off. Justin doesn’t let Michael slide like we all do. I know that they are okay. It’s hard having to watch Michael struggle like this.” I tell her.

 

You know the house isn’t that big but it’s almost an hour before we start back. We come back to nineties crap music and Justin and Michael well on their way to passed out. This is the twat’s answer to dealing with Mikey. Why the hell not, the girls can have the kids tonight.