- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

After i wrote this i think we just need to hear from two kids.

JUSTIN’S POV

 

God, why didn’t I just make us margaritas; Beam makes me feel like absolute shit in the morning. Michael was totally shit faced, but I think he needed it. Brian drinks and it’s like nothing to him. He can take the girls to the airport. I’m going to lay here and die.

 

Brian pulls me out of bed and throws me in the shower. I tried really hard to hold on to the bed.

 

“Well twat, since you invited everyone you and Michael could call to watch us sign on the dotted line, you get to get up so we can go and do this.” Brian is really loud.

 

Wait, what did Michael and I do. I remember betting him that I could drink a whole bottle before he could. I was going to let him win. I think we were chugging, and oh yeah, we both won. What idiot gave us phones when we were drunk? Michael likes to prank call everyone. Everyone knows this, so you don’t let him have a phone when he’s drunk.

 

“Who did we invite?” I don’t remember past the nineties music.

 

“Michael called the Liberty Diner and told them to announce it before we could get the phone out of his hand, then you called Woody’s and said that you wanted everyone to witness you taking down their King. Mel caught you in the bathroom doing that. Michael snagged my phone and locked himself in my office and called his mother and yours and said you and I wanted everyone to come to Babylon to see this, and to tell everyone. I have now decided that you and your idiot brother are not allowed to get drunk together when you’re alone.”

 

Brian says all that, but he doesn’t seem too upset. Shit, it probably sounded fun three sheets to the wind. I figure I should finish my shower and not complain. I was getting out and the towels are all missing. Why does he have to reinforce his point? Walking into the bedroom, there on top of the towels is a box. I pick it up and in it is a necklace with a seashell and a green stone. Turning it over I see B&J on it. He still loves me.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I got started drinking with them, Ben and Lindsay went swimming with the kids and Mel drank with us. She stayed sober. Michael and Justin are whispering in the corner. Mel asked me who Michael would be calling. I got to him in time to hear him tell them to tell everyone. I took his phone and checked the last call, he’s called the Liberty Diner. Mel yells Justin called Woody’s. Michael escaped with my phone and apparently finished by calling the moms.

 

I really don’t care that everybody knows it. We aren’t having a ceremony, so nothing exciting is going to happen that we need every person from Liberty Avenue there. Hopefully everyone will just think it’s a joke.

We got to Gabe’s office and it was just us Jen, Deb, Gus and Daphne. Molly is on a trip this weekend. It took about half an hour to sign everything and we were done. He was going to file everything today.

 

Deb and Jen told us they were taking us to lunch. We pull up to Babylon. Jen tells me that the family decided to use the club because there are a lot of us now. They really think they pulled one over on me. I have lived around Michael and Justin for years. You also can’t play music that loud without it making noise. I walk in and Emmett is on the stage.

 

“Congratulation’s to the King of Liberty and the King of Babylon”

 

Nothing to do but join in. We dance and talk. Jen asks me why they call Justin King of Babylon. I tell Jen to ask any guy in here they were all here. Wait till she finds out, poor Sunshine. Gus is dancing all around Daphne. I will have to work on getting Michael back for this.

 

BEN’S POV

 

We got home last night, Michael who has been acting like an idiot for the two weeks is all over me. I will not complain. I miss this, he spent so much time pissed off that we have hardly been able to look at each other. Now I’m barely awake for this party.

 

I spent all this time trying to talk sense into him and Justin just gets him drunk. I think next time I’ll just leave them alone together so that the rest of us can have peace.

 

He told me about talking to Justin and he understands now that he still has problems with change. I asked him why when all of us were telling him the same thing that he didn’t listen. He told me because everyone is all over him. Justin and him developed a way to deal with each other. I asked if it was that they ignore the problem till it becomes everyone else’s problem.

He said no. They just revert back to being kids till they get it out of their systems. I will never understand those two.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

Justin and I are both still hung over. He asked if I remember the phone calls. I told him that Ben told me. He knows he is responsible for getting rid of all forms of outside communications devices. I can’t be trusted with a phone when I’m drunk. Justin tells me that at the time he thought he would just let me get drunk, but then forgot that that was the plan.

 

I know I was mad at the world. I mean JR is put through shit from the girls and I had to sit for 3 hours till I reached her. Then instead of enjoying the fact that I had more time with my kid, I act younger than her. Mel told me that JR didn’t seem to notice until I was gone for 2 days. JR knows I love her, and she loves me. I even have a coffee cup to prove it. I’m still hiding from Ma.

I look over Justin’s shoulder and see his mother and tell him, because it looks like he is in trouble. He turns and sees ‘The Mom Look’ and says “Oh shit, what did someone tell her.”

 

Jen walks up and ask us what we were thinking, drunk dialing the world. We both try to look innocent and I try to save us. “Jen everyone knows when Justin and I drink to take all the phones. I mean Brian, Ben, Mel, and Lindsay were there.”

 

Jen looks at both of us and tells us she’ll speak to them and make sure that they do their jobs. We both keep a straight face. She turns to Justin and asks what was he doing in a strip show at 18. I can’t save him from that one so I run to Ben.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

It’s funny, we are all here and everyone is getting along. I watch all of us, a little older, and hopefully wiser. We are all just having fun. Brian grabs me and we dance for the first time in years. Gus runs up and dances with us. JR is with Michael and Ben. I look over and Justin looks like he got caught doing something.

 

I point Brian to the two of them and he tells me Jen wanted to know why Justin was called the King of Babylon. I had to stop dancing because I could just imagine the conversation. My mother and I would have had the same one. I ask him if he is going to rescue Justin, and Brian said that he can’t slay that dragon.

 

Deb comes up behind us and grabs Brian’s ear and asked why Justin and Michael had phones. Brian looks at me, and I tell him I can’t slay that dragon either. I tell Gus to go ask Grandma Jen to dance. I watch my son charm the pants off his grandmother. Justin looks at me and mouths thank-you and runs the other direction from his mother.

 

MEL’S POV

 

Ted and I are standing together talking. I notice Michael and Ben with JR between them. Lindsay is dancing with Gus and Brian. It was freeing not to see that and freeze in fear.

 

Blake was talking to some guys on the other side of the room. When Gus went to get Jen to dance, I see Justin taking off to the other side of the room. He stops, sees Blake and runs and jumps on his back. They almost fall over. The guys saw Justin coming so they kept them upright. Blake carries him to Brian and dumps him off.

 

I look at Ted and asked, did he ever think that relationship would last.

 

“At first no, Brian wasn’t into the relationship thing and Justin was this kid, who lived a sheltered life. I mean I always believed all of us would find lasting relationships but those two would just eventually call it quits.” Ted tell me.

“Why did you change your mind.” I asked.

 

“Even when they weren’t together they looked out for each other. I don’t think more than two days ever went by before they would circle each other. When Justin went to New York, I told Brian that I had one piece of advice and I would leave it alone.” Ted is watching them

 

“What was it?” I asked. I wanted him to say it.

 

“Grow up and realize that Justin loved him.” Ted stands there and looks at me.

 

“Follow it Ted. Replace Justin with Blake and you still had good advice. I’m going to dance with my wife.” I walk to Lindsay.

 

TED’S POV

 

It is the second time someone has told me to take my own advice. I walk to the one person who I kept going back to.

 

“Want to dance, it’s not opera but I don’t think the music is important.” I ask Blake.

 

“Thought you’d never ask.” Blake takes my hand and we sway together.

 

I think it’s time for me to stop worrying about being too old or boring and just be happy.

 

DEBBIE’S POV

 

I wanted to jerk Brian’s chain, I mean if I don’t, who will, most people are too scared to do it. Justin wanted to pay for the honeymoon, he told me he sold a lot of paintings and I just needed to choose. Carl was going to turn him down. Justin sniffled and said that he wanted to give his mom and stepdad a present and they should just say thanks. Carl fell for it. We are going to Italy, I want to visit the places Vic and I saw. Brian of course told me that there would be no buses. He said we go Kinney style or just go to Dollywood.

 

Michael told me that he never understood why I didn’t marry Carl in the first place. He might not have been married in the US but he was in Canada. They decided to Legalize their relationship too. I’m proud of Ben, he didn’t walk away from my idiot son. Most would have just thrown in the towel at the shit Michael was doing. Ben said that it wasn’t about their love for each other but the fact that Michael wasn’t able to shift with the sudden change. He then said, next time we just get him drunk and let him drunk dial.

 

Carl came and cheered them then went to work. Jen and I decided it was our turn to drink. The boys could take care of us.

 

EMMETT’S POV

 

I watch as Deb and Jen do shots. Go Girls. I grab two chairs and sit with my feet up. I have been running my fanny off. Drew is away for this week. He wants to be back in time for the party. Gus comes and sits in a chair next to me and tells me he need to ask a question.

 

“Aunty Em, what is a twat.” Gus remembers everything.

 

I think about it for a couple minutes.

 

“Gus, my boy, that is what you call people you love. You should say that to your Dad.”

Brian deserves this for spring next week’s party on me.