- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is just short and sweet.

JR’S POV

 

We live in this big house and I have to share a bathroom. I went to Brian he told me that he would have a bathroom built for me, otherwise Gus might never get to take a bath in my teen years. I drew him a picture of what I want. He told me everything looked good but horses like being outdoors.

 

Dad and I have fun now. I was at the shop and Justin and him were doing their new comic. I drew a picture of Dad and Papa Ben as superheroes and put Justin in the picture as Justin. Dad looked at and told me this was his favorite picture yet. He asked why Justin wasn’t a superhero. I told him that Justin was too pretty already. Dad laughed at that and Justin turned red.

 

Granny Deb finally married Grandpa Carl. I heard Emmett that she was finally not living in sin. Not sure what that means, but it sounds like it’s a good thing. They went to Italy and brought back like thousands of pictures. I’m working on a scrapbook for them but told Justin I might need like 50 scrapbooks. Granny Deb took pictures of everything. Brian asked if she ever put the camera down. She said only at night. All the guys groaned.

 

Mommy is painting and drawing all the time and Justin told her to let his agent see some of it. Mommy at first told him that she wasn’t ready and Justin told her he wasn’t ready either but he did it anyway. Justin kept at her and she still said that she wasn’t ready so he just brought his agent over. She is going to be showing in some small galleries now. She said that she’s excited but for the first time she was just going create.

 

Mama is back at her old job, but said that she wants to help families. They really liked their old counselor and she got Dr. Bradford to talk over the phone with clients. Mama said that it helps to have someone who wants to help not side with everyone.

 

Me, I’m starting in a new school but some lady Mama and Mom knew from before has kids going to the same school so we have friends we know.

 

GUS’ POV

 

Let’s see, my new life story. My name is Gus and I have a sister named Jenny Rebecca we are 13 and 9. We have to moms who love each other. We now live within running distance of my Dad and Papa.

 

We came to Pittsburgh this summer because my mothers were having problems. We stayed with our Dad’s. The first weeks were running around and having fun. I was able to see that my job was to be a kid and have fun. I didn’t have to be my sister’s protector. It isn’t my job to try and keep everyone happy.

 

We had two major parties this summer. First was the party to celebrate the family. Dad said that the custody and Legal thing were just to bring the family together. I was really happy with all that, but I really just wanted the cake. Second was Granny Deb’s wedding. It was really colorful. Carl was in purple.

 

Papa and Dad are working a lot, but make it home every night. I have dinner with them 3 or 4 times a week, because moms decide they want to be vegan every once in awhile. Dad said something about them not liking meat. Papa just rolled his eyes. I figure that I’ll just ask Aunty Em about it later.

 

After asking Aunty Em about the word twat, I figured that I would tell everyone. He got me a microphone and said say it loud and proud. I asked for every ones attention and say it loud.

 

“I LOVE ALL YOU TWATS”

 

Emmett was on the floor laughing. Dad and Papa didn’t react at first, then just started laughing. Michael and Ben just turned around, but their shoulders we shaking. The women didn’t seem amused. I figure put the blame where it belonged. I picked up the microphone again.

 

“Aunty Em said you call people you love that.” I am my Dad’s son.

 

Mama and Mom headed for Aunty Em, he was smart, he ran.

 

Michael still acts like an idiot sometimes, but Ben just tells him to get a drink. Dad said that with the way he Queens out he is going to be an alcoholic soon.

 

I asked Mama and Mom what helped them change. They told me that if they had tried to tell the truth like I did, they would have been okay.

 

Blake is around a lot and Papa said that Ted stopped trying to find a reason Blake would leave, and became the reason he stayed. I told Blake and he said that it was what really happened.


Grownups are so complicated. I think it’s better being a kid I get to just have fun.

Chapter End Notes:

I told my beta I would leave her alone for a while but then I got this idea and you know. I am playing with it now. Hopefully it will be good.

The End.
starlight is the author of 43 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 22 members. Members who liked Family Matters also liked 906 other stories.