- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The muse is working overtime with me,

MEL’S POV

 

I woke up with the mother of all hangovers. I had this dream that I was all over Jen. I don’t even remember how I got home. I turn over to see Daphne in bed with me. I check under the sheet. We are both in the clothes we left in.

 

I look at my phone to check the time and see about eight text messages. Why are the guys texting me? I open the first one, it’s from Justin, asking why I was sucking face with his mother. It was just a dream, right? Brian texted that I must love blond WASP pussy. Oh hell, I didn’t dream it. Ted tells me that I gave him a woody. I don’t know if I can continue, but I do. Michael texted, “You astound and amaze”. Emmett sent a link to YouTube. Oh shit, what were we thinking? I lay there and snort then just full belly laugh.

 

I saw one more message, from Justin’s agent Sarah. She texted to tell Daphne that Daphne is in the dog house and when I was ready, to call her. Ready for what?

 

DAPHNE’S POV

 

Wow, I had no idea the girls were that crazy. Justin told me about the King of Babylon. Drunk, it sounded like a great idea. Sober, it was fabulous. Brian is going to need to have a dyke night at the club every time I come, so us girls can do it again.

 

Mel shifts a little and I turn to see her looking at her messages. Then she is snorting and laughing. She tells me to read and tell her what I think of the last message. All the guys know, how do they know? I get to Emmett’s text, and we made YouTube. I’ll look later. Sarah is pissed at me, I would have invited her, but she lives in New York. I read the rest of the message. Why is Mel confused?

 

“Sarah wants to hook up with you. What was so hard to understand about that message?” I ask Mel.

 

“Is she gay? I’ve never really met her.” Mel starts to get excited.

 

“Yeah, she used to be like Brian. You know, the 'I don’t do relationships' type. She said that she is ready to try one. Guess you are the lucky gal.” I’m excited for Mel.

 

We lay there and bask in the glow for a couple of minutes. Mel asked how we got home and in bed. I told her that I walked in, and Ben carried her over his shoulder. I had him put her with me in case she got sick. Mel sat for a minute and turned and hugged me. She thanked me and said I reminded her that she is still capable of having fun.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Justin was in shock. His mother was dancing on a stage. What in the world would make his mother dance on Babylon’s stage? He was pacing and going on and on about killing Daphne. I figured I would save Daphne’s life. I started to undress. Justin couldn’t grasp that his mother could do something fun. He was mid-rant and I was naked. Justin turned to say something else but just like I planned, he forgot what he was talking about. Six hours and four times later, he was asleep.

 

My plan was to tour around and see the sites. Justin’s was to not leave the hotel. He argued that when the children get here we won’t always have time for sex. I told him, it’s called a nanny. Justin wanted to say we didn’t need one. I asked if he planned to paint any longer. He conceded the point but only during work hours. I‘m fine with that. I don’t want someone in the house all the time.

 

I asked if he had any names picked out yet. Justin names things in this family. Justin said he would name the boy but I had to name the girl. He told me the name he wanted. I was really happy with it. I told him when I think of the full name I would tell him.

 

I was trying not to think of Linds. Justin told me that Sam’s paintings were paired with his for the Charity Auction. I don’t like Sam, it insults me that he breathes oxygen. I agree that his work is noteworthy. Justin told me that Linds would probably be on the guest list and if I wanted to stay home it was fine. I told him “Where you go, I go.”

 

I kept trying to figure out what bothered me about the whole situation with Linds thinking Daphne was the mother. It finally came to me. Amanda is showing. Daphne is as skinny as always and the outfit she was wearing showed it. Linds will eventually realize it couldn’t be Daphne. We are lucky that Amanda isn’t a friend and we don’t see her socially. I will not have her near Amanda. Twins are not easy to carry, and she is going to be getting bigger. I don’t think Linds would physically hurt her. Just try to harass the hell out of her. I’ll worry later, my princess is waking up.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I called Paul and accepted a date. My mother was thrilled. Paul is my age and reminds me of a taller Ted. I decided to pick the one that seemed the most desperate.

 

I called all the local doctor’s offices to see if they had Daphne as a patient. After the first call, I pretended I was Daphne and forgot my next appointment. She isn’t registered in the area. She seemed like she wasn’t showing but maybe she is just one of those women who never really look pregnant till the end. What if she isn’t the carrier? I need to find out.

 

I was sorting thru the mail and saw Sydney Bloom sent an invitation to an opening. I opened and here is my chance. I can get Brian alone. I know the gallery like the back of my hand. I guess Paul is going to the charity event with me. I took the invitation and put it in my room. My mother doesn’t need to be there.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

We are on our way back, Brian called Michael to see if anything other than ‘Girls Gone Wild’ happened while we were away. Michael told Brian the flowers are all in and it actually looked good. I want to call my mom, but I can’t get over the video. I'll wait till the opening for that.

 

We pulled up in the drive and there is Katie. I wanted to make sure she liked it before the party. She came up and told me that she loved the new landscape but we should still work on the trees, saying they take away from the flowers. I told her that I wanted to have all of it arranged out here like this to paint. She tried to point out the trees just looked wrong with the beauty of the middle. She then said that she would love to know what all I planted. I told her to wait for her invitation to the garden party next week. She smiled and told me she looked forward to it.

 

Gus was running out to meet us. This was his last day before going back to school. We kept him caught up with school. The school was understanding that this was a fast move and Gus needed to adjust. It also helped that Gus scored high on the school’s standards. Mel and Daphne apparently toned it down after 'party night' and took the kids to do things around Pittsburgh the whole weekend.

 

I went to look for my little friend. We need to talk about my mother.

 

TED’S POV

 

Have you ever had a headache that was attached to a blonde bitch? I have, and you know how I spell relief. It’s called security at the front door of Kinnetik. I got to the office at my usual time and found Linds waiting. She told me she has rights and we are abusing them. She wanted answers.

 

Apparently, after the girl’s night out, some of Linds’s old friends called her yesterday. They wanted to know what happened between Mel and her. Someone showed Linds the video, and there was Daphne drinking up a storm and then she was stripping off her shirt. Linds asked who was carrying the kid for Brian and Justin. I told her it was none of her business. She started screeching and screaming that everything Brian does is her business.

 

Tom, the guard, came to see who was wailing. I told him that she needed to be removed. Tom directed Linds to leave. Linds told him that a rent a cop doesn’t scare her. Tom said, “Would the real cops?” Linds looked to me and said, “This isn’t over.” I told her that we will get a restraining order and have it delivered to her parents. Linds stomped off. Thank you, God.

 

Cynthia was at her desk, I asked if Linds was here this morning when she came in. Cynthia smiled and said yes. I guess Linds is still scared of Cynthia.

 

I need to figure out what these women do to scare off the crazy woman. I mean, Brian freezes people. Justin likes to get revenge. Michael, who we love, can whine someone to death. Ben pretends they are sane. Emmett talks them to death. Blake tries to reason with them to the point they give up, and I get abused until I can escape the madness. I could always tell Linds that I’ll tell Mommy on her.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Ted told me the cat is out of the bag on Amanda. Linds knows it isn’t Daphne. She was trying to find out who it was. I wonder what she thinks is going to happen. I called Aaron and told him about Linds. He said not to worry about it. I told him worrying keeps me two steps ahead.

 

I was waiting for the neighbor to leave. Justin might kick her in the ass. I don’t get it, we aren’t across the street from each other. Yet this woman is here all the time. I see the husband but he just waves. Maybe we keep him from killing her. There she goes down the drive. She is smiling. What is Justin up to now?

 

Gus runs out, he wants to show me how Daphne showed him to dive. Daphne is teaching everyone new tricks. I told him to go get ready and I would meet him at the pool. JR asked if she could swim too. I look at her and think I need to get used to girls. I know the donor was blonde and blue-eyed. She is taller than Justin, but only by a couple of inches. I wanted the children to look like him. I look at JR and tell her to get her suit. Michael and Mel produced a beautiful child. I told Michael that we might have to get matching shotguns for when JR gets older.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

I was in the backroom when Linds came in. She is all sweet and tells me that no matter what Mel says, that she never meant for them to leave. I wonder if she thinks anyone believes her anymore. She talks about how we were always friends and that we both had feelings for Brian. What the hell is this, share old feelings day?

 

I finally ask what she wants. She wanted to know who the surrogate is. I told her to hold on a second. I called Justin and told him I have a new character for Rage, Icebitch. He asked if I needed anybody but I told him no. I hung up the phone and turned to Linds. I don’t know how I feel about her anymore. I wouldn’t want her hurt, but beyond that, the Linds I used to know doesn’t exist in this woman in front of me.

 

I asked Linds why she needs to know. She stopped talking, thank God. We stared at each other and Linds turned to walk out the door. It was sad to see our friendship turn into this. Good old Linds, she had to have a parting shot.

 

“You know Michael, I was right, you don’t have the equipment to have had Brian.” She sneers at me.

 

“I didn’t need it Linds. I have it for Ben, the man who loves me, warts and all. You don’t have it with anyone. Who is the one in the worse situation?” I told her softly.