- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I came home yesterday wrote this and fell asleep. Here it is.

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I landed in Pittsburgh and no one was here to meet me. I called my mother and she said she had tennis lessons. I called Daddy and he told me he was busy, he’d send my sister’s husband to pick me up. I told Daddy I didn’t appreciate not being in first class. He told me to take it up with my mother. I waited for two hours for someone to get here. I don’t even know my brother-in-law’s name. Apparently, he has been married to my sister long enough to not want to know our names.

 

I called Kinnetik and got an answering service and was told I was on the 'leave a message' list. Do they really think they can ignore me? I can show up at the Liberty Diner, they are bound to be there. I need to get Michael away from Ben. Michael will blurt out anything, give him five minutes. I notice that lately, all the times I talk to him, Ben is present. I decided to call the comic book store. Hunter answered.

 

“Hunter, it’s Linds, I need some help. Justin is helping Mel keep Gus from me. I need someone to help me. I mean, I love my son and would like to be allowed to see him. No child should live without their mother you know.” I figured I would make it sound like Justin is the one trying to keep Gus from me, Hunter doesn’t like Justin.

 

“What do you want me to do Linds?” Hunter sounds like he is going to help.

 

“I just need to know where my lambskin is staying. I need you to let me know when Brian is at the diner, and I was also wondering if you know the surrogate's name. I need all the help I can get. I’m afraid that they are going to make it impossible for me to see Gus.” I tell him.

 

“First you need me to tell you where your kid is. The one that you love sooo much, yet kicked out of the house with Mel when she l wouldn’t do what you wanted. In fact, you told her to take him. Then they left with nowhere to go and no money because you took all the money from the bank account. Second, I’m to aid and abet in your stalking of Brian, because you have a right to know where he is at all times. Third, I’m to get you information on baby mama, because you lost your mind when you realized it wasn’t going to be you. I will get right on that for you. I think when I’m done betraying everyone that has been there for me, I’ll go hug my mom, the pimp. Dude, you are delusional. Bye bye now.” Hunter hangs up on me.

 

Fuck him, I know Mel worked on Hunter's case, but I never paid much attention. I think that I could use that. I don’t want Gus to hang around an ex-hustler. I mean we could set up a charity, or something.

 

I called Mel again.

 

“What do you want Linds? I see you made it to Mommy's.” Mel is such a bitch.

 

“I want my son. You had no right taking him out of the country without my permission. If you don't bring him to my parent’s house immediately, I'll call the police. Then you and Brian can explain to the police why Gus is with you.” I tell her.

 

“Go ahead. Bye.” Mel tells me.

 

Well, at least I can make good on that threat.

 

MEL’S POV

 

Linds is going to be in for a shock. I figure Brian needs to know the devil has reached the Pitts. He is in his home office working. I learned to knock after I walked in on Brian and Justin.

 

“Come in,” Justin yells.

 

“Brian, I just talked to Linds, we should be expecting the police. She is calling to try to get Gus. I told her to go ahead.” I tell him.

 

“Good thing Aaron is on his way. I need a witness to sign the partnership paperwork, so stick around.” Brian says as he goes back to work.

 

I look to see what Justin is looking at. It’s fountains. Why is he looking for a fountain? I ask him. He said that the neighbor accosted him and Brian yesterday, and Brian told him he could get a fountain with nymphs. He said that he was looking to see if they had ones with the water shooting out of the nymphs ass. I have seen the trees. I get it.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Justin has been pissed all day about Linds. I fucked him into a coma last night and he gets up and starts trying to figure out ways to make Linds pay. I have decided I am going to hold that against Linds too. I told Aaron that Linds was going to threaten something. He is coming with the paperwork for the partnership.

 

Aaron arrives and we tell him that Linds is here in Pittsburgh and that the police are probably going to try to remove Gus. Aaron told me that he has all the necessary paperwork to show that Mel was following my orders. The front doorbell rings. Aaron told me to stay and let him talk to them first.

 

Mel and I waited. The police came in and said that they needed to verify that Gus was not in danger. I call Gus over the intercom to come to my office. Gus came in and talked to the police with Aaron. We wanted to make sure that they couldn’t say Gus was afraid to say anything. Gus told the police officers that his mother, Linds, kicked them all out of the house in Canada at ten at night. And when they left, she didn’t ask where they were going or try to stop them.

 

The police thanked us for our time. Fuck you, Wendy. I learned to cover all my bases. I know Linds’s mother will either help Linds or be pissed about the police. It looks bad for the police to show up at their house all day. I figured that we could keep this going until Mommy Dearest tells her darling little girl that she will not have the neighbors talking.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

Hunter called to tell me about Linds. He was laughing at how she thought he would side with the mothers. I told him that she probably didn’t pay attention to why Hunter was trying to get away from his own mother.

 

I called my mom and asked if she could go to the club and see what’s up. Nancy still associates with my mother. Mom said that Nancy and her instructor had private lessons. She would try to run into her casually, but normally Nancy takes off as soon as she is done. I asked mom if she ever did that. She laughed and said only with Tucker. I quickly said goodbye.

 

Sarah called and said that Sydney wanted to know if I would participate in a charity show. I always do them for Sydney, he gave me my start. He asked for 2 or 3 paintings if possible. I think I’ll paint one of the front yard. Katherine, my favorite neighbor, goes to these charity things. I told Sydney to send her an invitation. I also think that I should send one of Brian naked. Hum, Brian naked.

 

“Justin will you pay attention. You need to start signing the papers.” Brian is snapping his fingers in my face.

 

I start signing, and good God why does it take so much paperwork to say you own someone. I need one of those rubber stamp things. I keep signing. I felt something at my feet. Roe wants some love.

 

Roe wouldn’t stay in any room Brian was in for the last couple of days. Blake told me about the shoes. I told Blake to take the garbage to the curb. I called Cynthia and told her we needed new Pradas. Brian would want to get back at Roe. Brian would do something like shave all his beautiful fur off.

 

“Justin, Aaron would like to go home, so can you finish signing everything?” Brian asks me.

 

I start signing again and finally get to the last page. Aaron leaves and I wanted to get started on my painting. I was walking out the door behind Aaron and Mel when Brian clears his throat. I turn to look at him. He raised his eyebrow. It took me a second. Oh yeah, Brian would want to celebrate an achievement. I lock the door this time.

 

Gus’s POV

 

Look. Linds is my mother, and I love her, but I don’t like her. She is always trying to play Dad and Mel against each other. I’m nine and I see it. Why do adults not pay attention to each other? Mom told me one day that she and I would live in the house with Dad. That was all I needed to hear to know that she was going off the deep end.

 

Do I miss her? I miss what she was like before we left for Canada. Emmett said something about eating salami and Mom suddenly wanted Dad. I don’t really get it.

 

Michael and I have been trying to think of something for the neighbor. Michael said that he and Justin are only allowed to do things that can’t get them killed or put in jail. I told Michael he has an in with the police, use it. And if all else fails Mel will get them out.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I will be at work till late so the next chapter will be posted later tonight