- Text Size +

 

 

 

LINDSAY’S POV   

 

The police were useless. They brought me a copy of the custody agreement and said that I needed to settle this in court. I told them I thought Gus could be in danger. I explained that Hunter was a hustler and felt that Gus was too young to exposed to that life. The police officer told me that a young man who was forced into prostitution and that has straightened out his life doesn’t deserve to be harassed. I told him that I expect results, not excuses. The officer looked at me and said get a lawyer, with the paperwork and lawyer that the other parents had, I would need one. I told the officer if he knew how to do his job that Gus would be with me. He told me that if I hadn’t kicked my child out of the house, he would still be with me. I was livid, how dare he speak to me this way. I wanted his badge number. He gave it to me and told me how to report him.

 

I looked at the paperwork, but couldn’t understand half of it. I remembered the name of the attorney Brian hired and called to see if he could help me. He told me that in custody cases they require at least $5000 up front to do a consultation. I had about half that. I went to find Daddy and told him that I needed him to pay for the fees. Daddy told me to go to my mother. He has never been any help.

 

Mother came home to the police in the house and took off into the sunroom. I walked in and could tell she wasn’t happy.

 

“I’m sorry about the police being here. I thought that my son would be returned, but apparently, Brian’s lawyer had a custody agreement that he had us sign because Mel made it impossible for him to see Gus and me. I tried to talk to Daddy. I need to get money for a lawyer.” I watch Mother, who didn’t like that I mentioned Mel.

 

“Lindsay, I am only going to say this once and you either listen or find somewhere else to go. I do not appreciate having a police car at my house. You should have gone to the police station and waited there. Now we are going to have to explain to the neighbors why the police came over. I really think you need to just let Brian and Melanie keep that kid. Put it in the past and move on, you aren’t getting any younger. I was very upset when I got the detective report on Brian Kinney. Why would you have a child with someone whose background is so distasteful? I understand that he has done well for himself, but you need someone who you can stand next to with pride. I will have my attorney, Williams, look at the papers, but that is it.” Mother has spoken.

 

I hand the papers to my mother. I guess I should have realized she would look into Brian. Mother wouldn’t understand about Brian. I would clean him up and bring him to events, and at the time Brian was willing to impress people. He wanted the contacts. He knew that he would need them when he started his career, so he put aside his dislike of my peers. After that, we would get high and party the night away at a club.

 

I met Michael that way. We left a party and Brian told me that he needed to pick up a friend. We got to the Big Q and Michael was waiting. I knew almost immediately that Michael wanted Brian, it was in the way they greeted each other. Michael hugged him longer and would try to extend the kiss. Brian would back off when it seemed too long. I befriended him because he wasn’t a threat to me. We went to Babylon and I ended up sitting with Michael at the bar. Michael told me that if I thought Brian was long term I was fooling myself. I told Michael that we had started dating. Michael smiled and said that Brian doesn’t date. I told him that we go to dinners at my parents and hang out all the time. Michael told me that was all it would ever be, that I didn’t have the right equipment to be more. I looked at him and told him neither did he.

 

After that conversation, Brian distanced himself from me. And anytime I showed up he was always in the dorms, fucking half the males on campus. I backed off and started seeing women. Brian was sending me a message, and I sent one back. We started hanging out again. I got us drunk and high, and finally we made love. He is like a powerhouse in bed. He passed out cold, and the next morning I was going to get us breakfast in bed. I wanted to celebrate that we finally took our relationship to the next level. When I woke up he was gone.

 

I went to see him and he was screwing some guy. I told him I needed to see him. He smiled at me and slapped the guy's ass. I was pissed. He said I could stay and watch if I wanted but he would be at least another hour or two. I told him to meet me at a cafe on campus. I got there early and was trying to work out what to say. I decided that we could keep it casual, we were still young and in college. I waited for a few hours and he never showed.

 

It was three days later when he called. He told me that on the way to meet me a bunch of guys wanted to go to a party. He just got back. I excused him, told him that I met a girl. Brian wasn’t ready for a relationship.

 

I met Mel and Brian wasn’t thrilled. I watched the two and learned that if I kept Mel jealous, she would antagonize Brian. Brian would go out of his way to show I meant more. I didn’t mind. I mean, other than Michael no one got close to Brian. Michael was never going to be more than a friend. It wasn’t until Justin showed up that I had any doubts. I used Justin to push Brian. I kept Justin around and figured that Brian would eventually get rid of him.

 

I think for the first time I was jealous. Justin was a gay man’s wet dream. He was also an artist, who at 17 was more talanted than the people I went to school with in college. I wanted to show his work. I thought it would be funny to Brian. I found out later Brian bought the piece. Mel wanted to take Justin out for his birthday and I watched Justin looking at Ethan and thought, 'good, find someone else'. After Justin left, I played the sympathetic friend and told Brian to tell Justin how he feels. Brian denied having any feelings. I felt better. Brian was at my house all the time. I was in heaven. Then the little bastard came back. I know that was when I started to hate Justin.

 

I need to make Brian see I am the only one who can make him happy.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Mel is going to start working. She wants to be able to support herself and the kids. Justin told her he would pay her a hundred thousand to pose nude. She told him she didn’t do charity. He told her that he wanted to create a painting for Katherine. Mel was laughing and smiling for the first time in days.

 

Gus and I spent a lot of time playing soccer and swimming. I worried about him and JR. Linds had been a caring mother to them. Gus said that yes, she was, but lately she has been running after me so much that mothering took a back burner. Mel apparently tried to make up for it. Gus said that Mel was so busy working and running away from Linds that she hasn’t been there much either. I needed to know that he was okay with Mel. Gus told me that of course he was. Mel always made sure that they were okay, she just didn’t want to fight in front of him and JR.

 

Looking out in the front yard I see Justin and Michael are plotting again. The trees are still the same but apparently they went online and found some kind of flower they want to put in. Justin, not having any kind of green thumb, and Michael, who could only grow something if he read it in a comic, asked the gardener. I really need to find them something more constructive to do.

 

My phone was ringing. Cynthia called me to tell me that Linds was in the building and tried to get into my office. She had the guard escort Linds out. Liberty Air wants to meet tomorrow. I guess this vacation is over.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

Michael came over to play with Gus and JR. I gave him an hour. I want a theme. I looked all over and told Michael that if the gardener says it’s possible we are going to be ordering plants. Cal wants to help because Katherine gets on his nerves.

 

I told Cal I want to section off the middle of the drive for this. It doesn’t work if she can’t see it. I want Pussy Willows around the sides, and Clitoria, Peony Daisies, Wang Peonies, and Dropping Ball Shrubs, in a circle. In the middle, I want the Erupting Orgasm Plant. Cal told me to find them he could have them planted in a week. Michael loved the Erupting Orgasm Plant. I told Michael that I would be giving Katie a tour of the new garden that would beautify the neighborhood. Sarah is calling to get the plants.

 

Sarah called me back and let me know the plants are on their way. She also told me that one of the artists who wants to show with me at Sydney’s charity show is the hairy asshole. I wanted to say no, but maybe I’ll send Linds’s mother an invitation. I could introduce them, maybe Sam would fuck the mother. I told Sarah to go ahead. Sam isn’t all that in the art world. He got too big and became an asshole to people. No one wants to buy your stuff if you treat them like they are idiots. He needs all the attention he can get, he is sued for child support and spousal support all the time.

 

Gus asked if he could come to the doctor’s appointment to see the baby. I told him yes as long as Amanda was okay with it, it’s going to be his brother or sister anyway. He is excited. I called Amanda and she was good with that. The doctor was able to get her in this Friday. I can’t wait to see. Brian even volunteered to go.

 

MEL’S POV

 

My old boss said that they could use some help on a case. I can work on cases but can’t represent anyone yet. It was nice to be missed. I have been having an okay week. It wasn’t until Justin asked me to pose nude that I had my first laugh. Justin really has it out for the neighbor. I haven’t officially met her yet. I asked why go to all these lengths to piss her off instead of just telling her off. He told me that would only entertain him and Michael for a couple of minutes, this way they get weeks of entertainment and plot lines for Rage.

 

It’s weird how Michael and Justin became friends and partners in crime. I asked Michael how it happened. Everyone knows that Michael was in love with Brian. Michael told me that if you love someone you want the best for them. You don’t try to force yourself on them. I told him that he really showed growth in understanding that. Michael told me that it was Brian who taught him that.

 

“When Justin left Brian for Ethan, he still paid for Justin to go to school and made sure that Justin had anything he needed. He gave Justin work for money. He was available for Justin. Justin went out and proved Brian innocent of the molestation charge by his nephew. They still took care of each other. They couldn’t be together and still loved each other, but it wasn’t their time.” Michael tells me.

 

That is where Linds was different, she keeps forcing herself in. She made friends with Justin and would play this game of ‘Brian you like freedom, but admit you love Justin’. She was pushing and pulling at their relationship.

 

Gus told me that he wants to stay with Brian and me. He only wants to go back to his mother if she straightens out her life. I don’t want Gus to regret things. I want him to be happy and if Linds can be the mother he needs than they can have a relationship separate from us.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

My mother’s attorney was here and told me that I had, in effect, signed my son over to Brian with the custody agreement. He wanted to know why. I told him that Brian said without the agreement he wouldn’t pay any more support to me. The attorney wanted to know why I would ask for support from someone who was, in essence, not even the father anymore. I told him that I had Brian’s child, so he needed to support him. Williams said that if I try to break the agreement that I would have to pay back all the support I had received first. I didn’t understand why. He flipped to the fourth page and told me it was in plain English. That if we want to back out of the custody agreement, that Brian, as a non-legal parent, would be paid back all funds received as support during Gus’s lifetime.

 

Williams told me that it was very generous support, but I also wouldn’t receive it anymore, because Mel, who is also a custodial parent, had Gus. I told him I wanted to sue Mel for custody. He told me to get a lawyer who deals with family disputes. I can’t believe this. I need to see Brian. I need that money. I thought he would still be depositing it in the joint account. I made arrangements at the bank to have it automatically deposited in my personal account.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Ted called me and said that Mel should go to Canada and get all the belongings for her and the kids. Linds is here so she wouldn’t be able to stop them. I called Mel and she told me she could go tomorrow. I called Cynthia and told her to arrange a moving company for them to get everything done in one day.


I need a break from this shit. I told Justin that once the ultrasound was done he and I would go anywhere he wanted for a couple of days. I practically married him, might as well get the honeymoon.