- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

MEL’S POV   

 

Ted, Blake, Justin, Roe, and Michael came with me to pack up the house. I asked Justin why he brought the cat. He said something about boots and hairless cats. Blake pulled me aside and explained about the boots.

 

I contacted the landlord to let him know that I needed to be taken off the lease. I told the guys that they didn’t have to help. Justin told me that Brian felt that he and Michael had too much time on their hands and that Blake was being way too helpful. I just let it go. I want to be there when they reveal the garden.  

 

I looked around the house and there were a lot of items missing. I found most of it in a trash can. I guess Linds did a little house destruction when she found out about the baby. Linds breaks and trashes things when she gets upset. When we were in counseling, Linds said when she was mad at her parents she destroyed things. They would simply replace everything. Luckily, she wasn’t paying attention, most of the stuff she damaged belonged to her.

 

The movers came and we had everything packed up in a day. I left Linds her things to pack or lose. I didn’t want to stay, this wasn’t my home, it was my family’s prison. Justin had rented a van for anything I needed right away. I put the kids' stuff in that. Justin wanted us to have a road trip back. He said the only rule was if it wasn’t fun it wasn’t allowed.

 

We sang and ate, Justin stopped at anything that we could take a picture with. He wanted us to go by Niagara falls so we could take pictures. It was all fun and I realized that throughout my time with Linds, we didn’t do things unless it was to impress her parents. This trip was really freeing. I want to have a life where I don’t have to apologize for being me.

 

Brian had to work, so Ben and Hunter watched the kids. Ben wanted to take them to the science center. I found out that Linds tried to use Hunter’s past to get Gus. I told him that he didn’t need to worry about anything the bitch had to say. I was really pissed when the cop brought that up. I explained Hunter’s situation to the cop and said if there was a problem to contact Carl Horvath since Hunter was his step-grandson. I understand Linds doesn’t like to thwarted, but she went too far.

 

We got back to the Pitts and unloaded the car. Gus came out to help and JR grabbed Roe, who looked happy to be home. Justin and Michael checked out Cal’s work.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

I wanted Mel to relax, she has been on the go since coming here. I also figured it was a good time to get Roe out. Brian was looking for his boots. It had been fun, it wasn’t anything exciting, just friends playing. I took pictures of Roe at Niagara Falls. My cat is going to be well traveled.

 

We helped Mel unload the car, but then I wanted to see what was done in the drive. Brian told me that as long as it looked good he didn’t care. Blake got sent as punishment when he called Sarah and told her to find a plant called Amaranthus Dick. I looked it up and told Sarah that “I WANT IT”. Cal has the pussy willows planted and the other plants are still in transit. The hardest one was to find the Erupting Orgasm Plant. I wanted it ready to bloom.

 

My plan is to have a garden party and invite Katie. My mother even volunteered to walk her around and name everything. Michael was laughing at my mother saying Clitoria. I told him that my mother could make anything sound normal. I invited Deb. I want to hear her say “fuck that is one big orgasm.”

 

Brian came home and took the kids. He told me that Linds showed up again. He isn’t avoiding her but didn’t want to deal with her either. I’ll have to find out later.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I was having a great day, Liberty Air wanted to increase its promotional budget. They are looking to expand into western markets. We came out with a 15 million dollar budget and a 2 million dollar bonus if we increase their market share by 10 percent. As I said, great day.

 

It went downhill when Cynthia told me that the guard had Linds outside the door. I guess it was time to deal with her. I walked outside and told Linds to follow me. I called Cynthia and told her I wanted her in this meeting. Cynthia asked if I should call Aaron. I nodded and ushered Linds into the office.

 

“Brian, we need to talk without others involved,” Linds tells me.

 

I wasn’t going to do that. I want witnesses to everything.

 

“Linds, you’ve threatened me, and Mel. I don’t trust you anymore. Gus doesn’t want to see you. I hope that changes, but until it does I won’t force him. In all this you haven’t even asked about JR. I don’t know what is left to say anymore.” I tell her. I hoped she would just leave.

 

“I don’t feel that asking to have my child returned to his mother is threatening anyone. I know Mel has made Gus think that I don’t love him. She probably told you both that I threw them out. I wanted space and Mel overreacted.” Linds lies so easily.

 

“Gus said he knows you love him. He wants you to be the mother you were before Canada. Mel has been busy trying to take care of the kids. Is there anything else, or are we done?” I’m ready to end this.

 

Cynthia came into the office and nodded. Aaron is on his way. I wanted Aaron to be in all meetings with Linds. Linds wasn’t happy with Cynthia in the office. She wanted me to talk to her alone.

 

“Brian, this a private conversation.” Linds pointedly says.

 

“You made that impossible when you threatened me,” I tell her.

 

“I was upset that you would take Mel and the kids in without telling me.” Linds needs to keep up with the lies she tells.

 

“Why would you be upset? At the time, you didn’t know Mel and the kids were at my house.” I had decided that I wouldn’t add anything to the conversation. She can talk and I’ll counter the conversation.

 

“I was talking about when I found out,” Linds says this like it was the truth.

 

“Oh sorry, I can’t keep up with you. I mean the threats before you knew Gus was out of your grasp. The police came after you found out. What’s next? Mommy coming to tell me I hurt her little girl.” I sneered.

 

“Brian, I wanted to talk, not get into an argument. We used to be able to talk. I want it to be like college when we had fun. Too many people are causing you and I to fight.” Linds is trying to make it about everyone else.

 

I hear Cynthia snort. Linds glares at her. I look at the door and Aaron is coming in. I have something for Linds.

 

“Good Afternoon, I’m Aaron McAllister, you must be Lindsay Peterson.” Aaron is so courteous.

 

“Yes, may I help you? I was trying to speak to Brian in private.” Linds is her mother’s daughter.

 

“Did I forget to mention I am Mr. Kinney’s lawyer? I wanted to deliver this in person. I also wanted to be present if there were any questions you had. Your mother’s lawyer called and said that you had questions.” Aaron handed Linds a copy of the custody agreement. He knew she had a copy.

 

Linds looks at the documents. Aaron put post-it notes next to each section and explained what it meant. He told me that he would put it in words that a 5th grader could understand.

 

“I have a copy of this. I don’t care what is in it. I plan to fight this, my son will not be kept from me.” Linds is starting to get angry.

 

“I put an explanation of what each section meant. I also wanted to give you a copy of what you will owe Mr. Kinney if you want to revoke your portion of the agreement. I made sure that I separated Melody Marcus’s portion of the bill. I also added all additional funds that you have requested from Mr. Kinney. If you look at page five, it shows that any funds you received from Mr. Kinney, in addition to the child support, would be paid back if you wanted out of the agreement. Do you have any questions?” Aaron is enjoying this.

 

“I will have my attorney contact you. I will not allow you to threaten me.” Linds got up and walked out.

 

Aaron told me to call me at any time. Cynthia smiled and told Aaron she was impressed. Aaron smiled and told her she should go out with him if she wanted to be really impressed. I told them to take their hetero dating rituals out to the lobby.

 

I sat at my desk, and it hurts that my friend disappeared. I know she isn’t perfect, but she was a friend. I stopped that line of thought. I need to get away from town for a few days. I was looking up places to go, I think it’s time for Justin and me to finally go to Vermont.

 

Cynthia came in and asked if Justin was back yet. I told her he would be back sometime tonight or tomorrow. She asked if I could give something to him. She brought a box wrapped up. I told her sure and decided to leave for the day anyway. I got in the car and the box bothered me. I had to open it. Why is Justin getting me new boots? I was looking for this pair this morning.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I can’t believe this. I wanted to talk to Brian. I was pissed that no one would leave us alone. When that lawyer started talking, I was ready to destroy Brian’s office. How dare they think they can dictate to me.


I’ve been trying to find Daphne. I need to know if she is the surrogate. I want to make sure that she understands how I feel about this. She would be giving up her child and I can show her the custody agreement. Look at what will happen to her. I wish I had paid more attention to her when she was talking about colleges.