- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

-The Kinney's are hit with the truth. Another person returns home. A change occurs in Brian and Justin's relationship...


 

The Kinney residence, Pittsburgh

 

 

 

 

 

Loud snoring filled the living room in the Kinney house on a Thursday afternoon. Joan rolled her eyes as she glanced at her husband, who was fast asleep in a nearby arm chair. “Typical”, she muttered under her breath with contempt and got back to her ironing. The theme music to the four o’clock news sounded, grabbing the woman’s attention. A couple stories that Joan listened to without really paying attention were presented, until one very, very important story.

 

 

 

A picture of her son was displayed on the screen, along side a picture of a teenage boy. The woman gasped, and almost dropped her burning iron on the floor. Placing the item securely on the ironing board, Joan made her way to the couch, her eyes never leaving the screen. “The search and recovery effort for two young men from Pittsburgh who disappeared over two weeks ago off of the Trinidad Sea continues”, the news anchor said. “Justin Taylor and Brian Kinney were last seen on a party boat for the local celebration of ‘Carnivale’ on the night of…”

 

 

 

The sound of the news reporter’s voice drowned out as the reality set in for Joan. When she had been called about Brian going missing, she and her husband had not taken it seriously. They had thought it was just their boy being irresponsible as always. Deep down, however, Joanie felt that something wasn’t quite right. Why didn’t I listen to my gut?! She asked herself. Why did I let that man get into my head?!

 

 

 

Remembering her despicable husband’s presence, Joan rose to her feet and reached over to shake the man’s shoulder. “Jack”, she called, frantically. “Jack, wake up! It’s Brian!”

 

 

 

Jack groaned as he woke from his nap, and opened his eyes slowly. “Huh? What do you want?”

 

 

 

“Jack, it’s Brian!” Joan cried.

 

 

 

The man rolled his eyes as he sat up straighter in his chair. “What about him? What has the little shit done now? Finally come out of hiding?”

 

 

 

“No! We were wrong about that. Our boy, he’s…he’s really missing!” Joan told the man. She pointed at the television. “Look!”

 

 

 

Finally looking up at the T.V., Jack’s eyes widened. He watched the story with his wife, both with deep interest. “Well, I’ll be damned”, he said in surprise. “The little asshole really is missing after all.”

 

 

 

“And we acted like it was nothing!” exclaimed his worried wife. “God, I’m a terrible mother!”

 

 

 

Jack let out an amused laugh. “Well, you didn’t need this news story to make that evident”, he remarked. This earned him a glare from the woman standing beside his chair. “Oh, come on, woman! The boy is a damn menace! He was bound to get himself into real trouble sooner or later, we always knew it.”

 

 

 

“How can you say that about your own son?!” Joan demanded. “When he’s in danger. He could be dead!”

 

 

 

A look of worry flashed over Jack’s face for but a moment. It was fleeting, but it was there, and Joan had not missed it. No matter what the man said, she knew he cared just a little bit for their son. “If he is, there’s nothing in the world we can do about it, so why the hell go on shouting about it?!” he yelled as he got up and charged for his bedroom. Joan jumped when she heard the door slam closed, signalling that Jack had locked himself in the room. Brian’s mother sighed sadly and got back to her ironing.

 

 

 

Ten minutes later, mother Kinney was interrupted once again by the ringing of the phone. She went over to answer it, warily. She could only guess that whoever was on the other end of the phone was calling to ask about Brian. “Hello?” she answered hesitantly.

 

 

 

“Mom!” her daughter Claire’s voice said through the phone. “I just saw the news. Did you know that Brian was missing?” The tone of the woman’s voice suggested a genuine concern.

 

 

 

Joan sighed nervously and responded, “We…we did get a call from an officer a couple of weeks ago. Your father thought it was just Brian up to no good as usual and when we didn’t hear anything more…well, we just thought that…”

 

 

 

Claire interrupted her mother’s train of thought. “Wait, wait, wait. So you’re telling me that you knew my own brother was missing, and you didn’t say anything?! When the hell were you going to tell me, huh?”

 

 

 

“I…I don’t know what to say…we, just-uh…we didn’t take it seriously”, Joan admitted with shame. “I didn’t want to believe it was true.” 

 

 

 

“Well it is, mom. The news just said Brian has been missing at sea for three whole weeks!” Claire pointed out angrily. She had no time for her mother’s crap that day. “He could be dead, and you didn’t bother to tell me because you and the old man couldn’t care enough to take it seriously.” Claire heard her mother sniffling on the other end of the phone. “And now you’re probably drowning in self-pity. This is not about you, Joanie. Wake up!” After a beat of silence, Claire added more softly, “You should have told me”, and hung up.  

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Trinidad airport

 

 

 

 

 

Jennifer failed to hold back her tears as she hugged her husband goodbye. It had been over two weeks, and the couple decided that one of them needed to return home to be with Molly. While both of them were determined to find their son, they realised that their daughter was afraid for Justin as well. She was lonely without her parents too. Realising that there was no chance Jennifer was going to give up until all hope was lost, which they knew would never happen, Craig had offered to go back to Pittsburgh. “I love you”, Jennifer told her husband.

 

 

 

Craig squeezed his wife to him, rubbing her back lovingly. “I love you too, Jen.” He turned his head and gave her a kiss on the temple.

 

 

 

“Tell Molly I love her, too”, she said, finally pulling back to look at her husband’s face. He wiped her tears away with his thumbs.

 

 

 

“I will. But she already knows”, he told her. Jennifer nodded and gave Craig an affectionate smile.

 

 

 

Not quite ready to part just yet, Jennifer held on to her husband’s hands a little longer. “Call me as soon as you get there.”

 

 

 

Craig nodded. “I will”, he affirmed. “Good luck, honey.”

 

 

 

“I’ll find our son”, Jennifer told the man with conviction. “I will bring him home. I promise you.”

 

 

 

“I know you will”, Craig responded. Just moments later, he was walking down to his gate.

 

 

 

Jennifer stood, watching after he husband for several moments until she remembered she had somewhere to be. Time to get back to business, she thought, thinking of how she had to meet with Michael and Debbie to go on another search. She turned and exited the airport, one goal in her mind; fulfilling her promise and finding her boy.   

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

The hotel, half an hour later.

 

 

 

 

 

Michael, Debbie and Ben sat in the lobby, waiting for Jennifer to get back so they could all make their way to the helicopter pad they were scheduled to meet at. Michael played with Ben’s fingers as they held hands. Ben looked over at Michael and spoke up, “Michael, I’m really, sorry, but I don’t think I can stay for much longer.”

 

 

 

“That’s okay”, Michael said, nodding. “You’ve already been here for me in ways I’m so grateful for. I understand you have to go home at some point.”

 

 

 

Ben leaned over and gave his boyfriend a kiss. “Thank you”, he whispered when he pulled back.

 

 

 

“What for?” Michael asked with a dreamy smile on his face.

 

 

 

“For being so understanding. I’ve never known anyone like you”, Ben said gently, making Michael blush.

 

 

 

The dark haired man leaned over and gave Ben another kiss. “Thank you for being here. For being you”, he said.

 

 

 

The pair shared a romantic moment that was broken by Debbie’s loud voice as she called out to Mrs. Taylor. “Well, we’re all here”, the woman announced. “Let’s get going boys!” With that, the four adults got into the car that was taking them to the helicopter pad.

 

 

 

Twenty minutes later, they were meeting with the officers that they were assisting that day. “Welcome”, the female officer greeted, reaching to shake all of their hands. The male officer with her followed suit afterwards. “As you all know, today we are going in a helicopter search over the sea. This is a rather large aircraft so it can fit not only all of us, but your Brian and Justin as well”, the female officer explained. Michael, Ben, Debbie and Jennifer all voiced their understandings and an hour later, they were all up in the air, in search of their lost boys.  

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, on the island

 

 

 

 

 

It was late afternoon and Brian and Justin enjoyed a walk through the rainforest together. Both of them had voiced their boredom almost an hour earlier and decided to go explore a little more, despite the fact that neither boy really planned on finding anything new. Being in each other’s company was enough to get the enjoyment they wished for.

 

 

 

Along the way, Justin had found a rather large stick and picked it up. He began carrying it around with him on their walk. He used it to poke around at the ground as they walked. “You know what I miss most about being at home?” Justin said, beginning a comfortable conversation.

 

 

 

“What’s that?” Brian asked, looking over at his companion.

 

 

 

Justin pursed his lips as he thought. Brian couldn’t help but notice how cute that was. “I miss waking up late in a warm bed on a rainy day, drinking hot chocolate and reading books all day long.”

 

 

 

Brian laughed. “It’s not even winter and you’re thinking about hot chocolate?”

 

 

 

“Alright, what do you miss?” Justin asked through laughter of his own.

 

 

 

The brunet thought for a moment. “I miss hanging out with my friends”, he admitted. “Even the annoying ones.”

 

 

 

“What, you’re getting sick of me are you?” Justin joked, poking at Brian’s right side.

 

 

 

Brian laughed and lightly smacked Justin’s hand away. “Nah, you’re alright”, he responded, giving Justin a smirk, which was happily returned. “I definitely miss alcohol”, he added. “And, I will admit that I do miss chocolate.”

 

 

 

“I knew it!” exclaimed Justin with fake dramatic effect. “You’re a chocoholic, just like I always suspected!”

 

 

 

“You are such a dork, you know that”, laughed Brian. He really was having a great time doing nothing but goofing around with the blond.

 

 

 

Justin pretended to look offended, placing his hand dramatically on his chest. “Me? A dork? Why, I never!” The pair shared more joyful laughs together. “No, you know what I reeeeally miss?” asked Justin after a beat of comfortable silence. “Showering.”

 

 

 

“You can say that again”, Brian agreed with a longing groan. “Although, you have got to admit that the lagoon is really cool.”

 

 

 

“That, we can agree on, my friend”, Justin said, pointing his stick in Brian’s direction.

 

 

 

The boys continued to walk together, conversing lightly, enjoying each other’s company. Several minutes later, as they were nearing ‘their’ beach, Brian stopped and said, “I’ve gotta pee. You can walk ahead, if you want. I’m going to go behind that tree.”

 

 

 

As he began to walk behind the tree he was referring to, Justin called. “Its fine, I’ll wait here. We’re almost back and there’s nothing better to do anyway.” While he waited, Justin began poking around at the ground with his stick. A strange ‘thock’ sound was heard when he hit something particular. Furrowing his brows lightly and turning his head with curiosity, Justin used the stick the pull away the leaves that were over the area that the noise came from. The boy gasped and stepped back as the mystery object was uncovered; a decayed dead body! Even though it was disturbing, Justin could not tear his eyes away from the sight. It looked like it had been there for quite some time. The boy stood around for several seconds, not knowing how exactly he should be reacting. “Uh, Brian?” he finally called over to his friend. “I think you better come see this.”

 

 

 

“Sure”, Brian’s voice called back from his place behind the tree. He came back in to view a second later and walked over to stand next to Justin. He looked at him expectantly. “What?” Justin said nothing and pointed his stick to the ground. Brian followed Justin’s line of gaze and finally spotted the body. A couple seconds in pure uneasy silence prevailed, with Brian simply staring at the horrifying discovery. Suddenly, the man turned swiftly around and charged toward the beach.

 

 

 

Worried, Justin hurried to follow after his clearly distraught friend. “Brian”, he called with concern. But Brian gave him no response. Instead, he continued to pace quickly for the beach. Once they finally reached the beach, Brian put his hands on his head and paced around. “Brian”, Justin said again, looking at the man.

 

 

 

“Fucking fuck!” Brian yelled out, throwing his arms about. “Who are we kidding, huh? We’re never going to make it. That body was proof enough for us. We have only been deluding ourselves of the truth. We’re goners. There is no way we are going to survive here! Not for long, anyway!”

 

 

 

Justin watched as Brian ranted and raved crazily. He truly felt for his friend. Finding that body had been scary. And there was always the chance that they could die out there. But this was not the Brian that Justin had come to know. Usually, it was Justin freaking out over something crazy, and Brian would calm him down. The teenager knew that that was what he had to do in that moment. He had to calm his friend down. He stepped in front of the still pacing man and firmly put his hands on Brian’s upper arms. “Brian, listen to me!” he said. “I know this is fucked up, but you have got to snap out of it. We have already made it this far. And we are not that guy, okay? We’ve got some things that guy didn’t. We have people out there looking for us. We have real fight. And you know what else? We have each other.”

 

 

 

As he spoke, Justin looked Brian intensely in the eyes. He moved closer to Brian as his little pep-talk ended. Brian looked deeply into the boy’s eyes when he was finished and moved forward to kiss him. He placed his hands on Justin’s upper back and deepened the kiss. Both boys thought that nothing had ever felt or tasted sweeter. When Brian began to pull away, Justin gripped the man’s arms more firmly, and pulled him even closer to him. Brian responded instantly and parted the boy’s lips with his tongue, turning their kiss into a heated make-out session.

 

 

 

He backed them both towards their shelter and briefly broke their kiss to pull off Justin’s shirt, and then shake out of his unbuttoned one. Locking eyes for a millisecond, the boys fell into each other’s arms again and laid down in their shelter, Justin on top of Brian. Brian griped Justin’s hair as they made out before moving his arms down to wrap around the teenager’s neck. He then roamed his hands further and further down until he reached the destination he was searching for. Gripping Justin’s bubble butt in both of his hands, Brian squeezed it and grinded their hardening cocks together. This made Justin break off their kiss to moan loudly. Brian smiled and flipped them over so that he was the one on top. They shared a look of complete desire and Justin stared up at Brian in awe. The boys resumed their passionate kissing and Brian squeezed Justin’s bulge while kissing his soft neck. “Brian”, Justin gasped.

 

 

 

“Tell me what you want, Justin”, Brian murmured as he continued to palm Justin’s dick.

 

 

 

His breathing gradually turning into panting, Justin responded, “I…I want you to fuck me.” While Justin thought and spoke, Brian busied himself with kissing the boy’s neck and face all over. He looked up into Justin’s eyes to make sure that he was really sure about what was about to happen between them. Seeing desire and trust in Justin’s eyes, Brian found himself satisfied that he was okay with what was going on.

 

 

 

“Okay”, Brian said softly with a smile before delivering soft kisses to Justin’s lips, jaw, neck and chest. He rose to his knees and reached over to grab the condoms and tube of lube he’d discovered he had with him back when they were on the dinghy. “Looks like we really will be needing these after all”, he joked.

 

 

 

The blond lying underneath him gave Brian a light hearted hit on the arm and scoffed. “Brian!”

 

 

 

Brian laughed and kissed the boy again. Pulling back, he admitted, “I’ve never taken anyone’s virginity before.” Justin blushed, which Brian thought was incredibly cute. “But I promise I’ll be gentle. And I will absolutely make sure that it is really good for you”, he told the boy.

 

 

 

The look on Justin’s face signified that he completely believed Brian and his intentions. He mused, “So…in a way, it’ll be your first time too.”

 

 

 

Brian rolled his eyes playfully. “Don’t make me sick by getting all romantic on me, Sunshine”, he chided lightly. After sharing another smile, the boys resumed kissing happily. Brian made his way down Justin’s torso, kissing and licking the flesh he came across. He the sat up on his knees beside Justin and unbuttoned his shorts. Before doing anything else, Brian removed Justin’s shoes, then his own. He gently removed Justin’s shorts, looking the blond in the eyes as he moved. They shared the same want in their eyes. Brian caressed Justin’s torso caringly with his fingers, making Justin blush yet again. “Justin, before I go any further…you’re really sure about doing this now, aren’t you?”

 

 

 

“Yes”, was the simple reply. “Now, stop wasting time and ‘unwrap your present’”, he demanded playfully. The brunet was all too happy to oblige. He gently took off Justin’s briefs and admired what he saw. Justin was truly blond from head to toe, and he had a beautiful dick that was surprisingly big. Brian moved down to kiss Justin hungrily. “Hurry up and get naked”, Justin groaned.

 

 

 

Brian laughed deeply. “That has got to be one of my favourite sentences”, he commented, making Justin smile. He rose to his knees and slowly unbuttoned his shorts before pulling them off of his body, staring into Justin’s eyes all the while. Justin’s eyes widened when he saw Brian’s hard cock stand at full attention; he had not been wearing his underwear. “See something you like?” the brunet asked with a smirk as he watched Justin lick his lips.

 

 

 

“Very much”, Justin confirmed with a flirtatious tone. The man before him was beautiful.

 

 

 

“And there is very much of it”, Brian joked, making Justin laugh. He gifted Brian with his lovely Sunshine smile. Again, Brian lowered himself to lie on top of the blond and resumed kissing him. The boys grinded against each other as they devoured each other’s mouths. After a couple more minutes, Brian reached over to grab the small tube of lube and put some on his fingers. He slid downwards so that he got a complete view of Justin’s lower half. “Spread your legs for me, Justin”, he said huskily. Justin’s eyes darkened with lust and he complied, his legs slightly bent. “I’m going to prepare you first”, Brian told him. “Are you sure you’re okay with this?”

 

 

 

Justin nodded, smiling up at Brian with a fondness Brian had never seen anyone give him with a simple look before. “I’m sure”, he answered the brunet.

 

 

 

The slightly older man got to work, sliding one lubed finger into Justin’s opening. Justin hissed and arched his back from the odd painful burning feeling. “Okay?” Brian asked.

 

 

 

Again, Justin nodded. “I’m fine. It’s just different, is all. Keep going”, he told him. Brian obeyed and began to move his finger in and out of the blond, fingering him with expertise. After about a minute, Justin relaxed into the sensation and began to enjoy it. Satisfied that he was ready for more, Brian added a second finger, working it slowly to ease Justin into the new sensation he was experiencing. After a couple minutes, Brian added a third finger, touching Justin’s prostate as he probed. “Oh!” Justin gasp-moaned, his mouth open and eyes half closed with absolute pleasure.

 

 

 

“Feel good?” Brian asked, a smile on his face as he continued to move his fingers inside his soon-to-be lover.

 

 

 

Drooling, Justin nodded and squirmed around a bit. “Uh huh”, he responded. “Do it again.” Brian’s smile grew wider and be began to massage Justin’s prostate. Justin moaned with each movement of Brian’s fingers. Several minutes went passed as Brian carefully prepared his friend. Finally, Justin cleared his throat and said, “I’m ready. Fuck me, Brian”, looking into the beautiful man’s hazel eyes. Brian nodded and pulled his fingers out. He then reached over to grab a condom and took it out of the foiled package. Just before he was about to put it on himself, Justin grabbed Brian’s wrist. “I want to put it on you”, he told him. 

 

 

 

A look of surprise registered on Brian’s face that was quickly replaced by an impressed expression. “Alright”, he said, handing the condom to Justin. “Slip it on my dick.”

 

 

 

His face flushed, Justin rolled the condom over Brian’s ready cock. He and the man shared a smile and Brian put some more lube on his thick dick. He carefully lined himself up at Justin’s entrance while Justin placed his hands on Brian’s upper arms. Noticing the slightly worried look Justin wore, Brian assured him, “You’ll be okay. It’s only me, and you’re strong.” Justin gave him an appreciative smile and Brian entered the teenager, pulling his legs up, so that they were beside his hips.  

 

 

 

As Brian moved, Justin gripped his arms tightly. “Brian!” the blond gasped as the brunet pushed inside him.

 

 

 

Once Brian was completely inside of Justin, he paused and looked down at Justin’s face, which showed discomfort. “It’s alright”, Brian said gently. “You’re doing great already.”

 

 

 

Justin nodded, his eyes closed for a brief moment. “It hurts”, he grunted out. It really did. Having his asshole stretched out and open was unlike anything Justin had ever done before.  

 

 

 

“It won’t after a while”, Brian told him in reassurance. “Once you relax it will feel so good. I want to make you feel so good. So let go, Justin. Let me in.”  Justin told him to keep going, wincing as Brian slowly moved in and out of him. Being inside of Justin was so incredible! It felt like forever that Brian had had sex, and he knew that this was going to be so different to any other time he had done it. Deep down, Brian knew that he could not just ‘fuck’ the blond. He knew that he needed to show care for Justin, to make love to him if he wanted the teenager’s first time to be a wonderful experience. Brian moaned as he moved. “That’s it”, he said, feeling Justin physically relaxing. “You feel so good around me”, Brian told him. “Your ass is…” he didn’t get to finish the thought as Justin grabbed Brian’s head in his hands and pulled his face down to kiss him. Both boys moaned into the kissing while Brian continued to move. Gradually, Justin did what Brian asked of him and let go completely, replacing the powerful pain with immense pleasure. Noticing the change in Justin’s body and on his face, Brian smiled, feeling pleased. Brian decided to reward the blond by hitting his prostate. The pair shared a lust-glazed smile and moaned together. “Justin”, Brian moaned as he thrust into him.

 

 

 

Closing his eyes and bitting his lip with almost unbearable pleasure, Justin moaned, “Ohhh, yes Brian! Bri-uhhh!” He had his hands on Brian’s back and moved them down to the small of his back, then to his butt, pulling him in to him. The lovers furiously kissed each other as Brian increased the speed and intensity of his thrusts, angling his hips to hit Justin’s prostate every third thrust. He had set a nice rhythm that Justin loved. Both of the young men moaned, gasped, grunted, panted and screamed as the pace quickened. They continued on in this fashion until they both reached climax, Brian jerking Justin off. Riding out the waves of his orgasm was the best physical sensation Justin had ever had.

 

 

 

Finishing the wild orgasm, Brian felt his weight grow heavy and collapsed on top of Justin, who wrapped his arms around the brunet and held him to him. Justin stroked Brian’s back gently with his hands as he hugged the man to him. The pair lied together that way for almost a minute until Brian felt his cock softening. He leaned upwards and Justin loosened his hold on him so that Brian could pull out of him gently, holding onto the condom. Once he was out, Brian took the condom off and tied it up. He then tossed it aside and laid down next to Justin, facing him. He looked at the amazed expression on Justin’s face. “You okay?” Brian asked him, touching his shoulder.

 

 

 

“For a while I forgot where we were”, Justin said. He turned his head to smile at Brian. “We weren’t stranded on a deserted island. We were just Brian and Justin and that…felt so great.”

 

 

 

Feeling unexpectedly touched by the blond’s words, Brian leaned over and gave him a gentle kiss, cupping the boy’s face with his right hand. Brian rested his forehead against Justin’s for a second once they broke apart. He pulled slightly away to look into Justin’s eyes and they shared an affectionate and sleepy smile. Brian was incredibly pleased that Justin had enjoyed his first time. It was important to Brian that that was the case; he had to admit that he cared for the boy. They were friends, and he cared for his wellbeing. Knowing that he’d never had sex before, Brian had an uncharacteristic want to make it special for him. Justin rolled over to lie on his side, facing Brian and they wrapped their arms around each other, holding each other close. It was odd; Brian never cuddled, but here he was, snuggling with a blond teenage boy…and it felt really nice. Brian noticed himself feeling things deep in his gut that he had never felt before, but didn’t dare define, or even acknowledge.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Justin let the warm feelings flood through his body and his heart. Being with Brian was amazing. Not only was he incredibly attracted to the man, but they had actually become genuine friends, enjoying spending time together. He hadn’t been expecting it, but Justin was glad that his first time was with Brian. He caressed Brian’s right arm gently, looking into his eyes. The lovers shared a few kisses before falling asleep in each other’s arms several minutes later.

 

 

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUNED…          

 

Chapter End Notes:


The boys are together at last! What did you think of their first time?

Do you think the Kinney's attitude to their son's disappearance will change?

Thank you all for reading and please do let me know what you think! :)

xoxo