- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Brian Kinney rang the doorbell and turned to survey the front yard.  Ah, spring was in the air.  And pollen.  The archway trellis and abundance of flowering plants lined the walkway.  So this was the type of place that the love of his life wanted them to live in?  Well, he had another think coming, if he thought that.  Brian already had someone looking for a place suitable for a king ... or his prince.  Fuck, he was turning into a lesbian.

His fiancé sneezed just as the door opened.   Justin wiped his nose and put away a handkerchief.  "Allergies," he apologized.   Brian just hoped he wasn't allergic to Golden Gardenias.

"Brian.  Justin."  Lindsay cheerfully greeted them as from the open doorway.  "Thank you for coming."

Brian and Justin followed her into the hallway.  You heard right.  Brian Kinney, stud of Liberty Avenue, was engaged to be married and loving it.

"Where's Mel?"  Brian asked.

He looked around the living room and held back a sigh.

"She had a court case, but she should be in a bit.  Can I get you something to drink?"

"Sure,"  Brian answered as he noticed Justin removing and deliberately laying his lightweight jacket over an open magazine.  He was going to have to check it out, especially when Lindsay after handing him his drink went over and with equal deliberation moved the jacket to one side.

"Honey, I'm home."

The sight of two lesbian's smooching did nothing for Brian's indigestion.

"Hi, Brian,"  Melanie said dryly while she gave Justin a peck on the cheek.  Justin's smirk, a reminder that he was their fair-haired boy didn't help.

"Have you talked to him yet,"  Melanie muttered to Lindsay.

"No, I was waiting for you," Lindsay said through gritted teeth, a fake smile on her face.  If the two of them thought they were being surreptitious, they were wrong.  With equally fake brightness she asked, "So how are the plans for the wedding?"

Brian heard Justin answer giving details of his plans for the wedding.  In the meantime Brian looked around the place hoping to find his son.  "Where's my son?"

"Oh, he'll be home soon,"  Lindsay assured him distractedly, her attention on Justin.

Brian slumped down on the sofa.  "Okay, why are we here?"

Lindsay and Melanie looked at each other dubiously, then Lindsay opened her mouth.  Before she could say anything Melanie raised her hands.  "Oh, for fucks sake, let's just come out with it.  We want to get you something really nice for the wedding, but ..."

"We don't have a lot of extra money at the moment, so we were wondering if you could give us some money to get you something?"  Lindsay finished in a rush.

Brian stared at the pair.  "So you want me to give you money so you can buy us a gift?"

The girls nodded.

Holy shit.  Before Brian could think up an appropriate response the back door opened and slammed shut.  A small bundle of energy came rushing through the house.  It floated around the room, wearing fairy wings and carrying a wand as it kissed first Lindsay then Melanie before coming to a halt in front of Brian and Justin.

"Dad!"  Gus called out excitedly and rushed into his daddy's arms and giving him a big hug.

Brain, his mouth gaped open, accepted his hug and looked at the girls who didn't seem to have a problem with this.

"Sonny boy, what's with the getup?" he asked.

"I'm in the school play,"  Gus said proudly.  "You coming!"

"Of course he is,"  Lindsay moved close to her son's father and smiled as she groped Brian's groin and twisted.  "Aren't you?"

"Sure."  Was all Brian could croak.

That was why Brian was at Gus' school on a Friday.  There were a load of kids with Easter baskets and they were all going to hunt eggs.  Brian's guts were churning, but his son wanted him here so here he was.

All the kids were jumping up and down, ready to start the hunt.  Soon the signal was given and all the kids ran around trying to find eggs.  Gus found one right off the bat and he proudly held it up high so his father could see.  Brian, of course, smiled proudly back.  Then Gus ran off to find another egg, he was reaching for it when another child grabbed it before he could get it.  This started to happen with great regularity and Brian could tell it was starting to upset his son.  He got out his cell phone and made a call.

The hunt was beginning to wind down, but Gus was ready to give up.  He slowly walked over to his father, his head down as he fought to keep from crying.  He held up his basket which only contained two eggs, his face sad.  It was enough to break one's heart.  Brian, whose eyes had followed Gus, saw Ted out of the corner of his eyes giving him the thumbs up.

"Sonny boy, why don't you try over there?"  Brian gently encouraged.  

Gus looked at the bush his dad was pointing to and despite his heart not being in it, headed that way.  Thankfully none of the other kids saw.  He looked inside the bush and his face brightened with surprise.  He reached down and pulled up a big white bunny.

"Look!  I found the Easter Bunny!"  Gus squealed loudly.  Soon all the other kids were surrounding him, wanting to pet the bunny.  Gus' basket filled with eggs as his classmate transferred them so they could touch the furry creature. 

Melanie and with her daughter in hand, wandered close to Brian.  Her lips smiled with pride as she looked at her son before turning to his father.  "That was very sweet, Brian, and don't deny that you're responsible,"  she said.  "You just made his day.  Now what are we going to do with a fucking bunny?"

Brian merely shrugged.  It was not his problem.

Later that evening, everyone gathered in the auditorium for the school play with it's Spring Time theme.  The bunny had been given a new home in Gus' classroom for all the kids to enjoy and now they were all backstage getting dressed and repeating lines.

Brian was in the audience with the rest of Gus' extended family.  Lindsay was behind the scenes helping, Mel was holding Jenny Rebecca so she could see the stage.  Justin, Michael, Ben, Emmett, Ted and Debbie were all there to cheer their little star on, camera's at the ready.

Gus' part was to be the highlight of the show.  He was to fly across the stage, waving his magic wand.

Brian was distinctly uncomfortable and trying not to show it.  The whole thing struck him as being just a bit too hetero.   Not to mention his son was flying around onstage in a fairy costume!  Something about it bothered him and he got up, moving to the aisle before sidling up toward the stage. 

Soon it was time for Gus' big entrance.  The wires were attached and he was very excited.  Up he went, smiling with joy as he swung over his classmates, waving his wand.  Everyone was standing up and applauding.  Gus' contingent was stomping and whistling as well.  Then out of the blue one of the wires holding Gus snapped, just as he'd gotten to the highest point.  Everybody screamed.  Pandemonium reigned.  Before anyone could move Brian was there, waiting to catch his son as he fell.

From the audience's prospective, all the kids appeared to be frightened, in the middle stood this handsome man, his auburn hair shining under the lights, his feet braced apart as a small boy plummeted into his arms.

Justin pushed his way through the crowd and wrapped his arms around his two guys.  "My hero!" he breathed his eyes shining with unshed tears at his partner who looked like the super hero he was. 

And Gus?  He looked up at his dad, in whose arms he found himself.  He blinked his eyes in surprise, then said loud enough for everyone in the room to hear,  "I didn't know you were in the play, Daddy." 

 

 

The End.
YumYumPM is the author of 9 other stories.