- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

The second part of Baby Purry's adventures =)

King Purr, as the cat had self-named himself, sat in front of the door, expecting his human to make a return. He was never so late, and King Purr couldn't feel him near.

When his human had left earlier, he'd told him to be extra good because he had a surprise for him. Being abandoned for so many hours was a stupid surprise.

The longer he stared at the door, the more worried he grew about his human. It wasn't normal for him to come home when the place was so dark. They were usually in the soft bed upstairs by that time.

When King Purr was about to lose all hope, he felt his human approaching. Not long later, the sound of locks turning had him on his legs, ready to jump on him. The smell of someone else next to his human, stopped King Purr.

He carefully stepped closer, only for his human's friend to step on his right front paw. He mewled loudly, lifting his paw off the ground to inspect the damage, before licking it gingerly.

What kind of brutal friend did his human get? King Purr was going to do everything in his power to rescue his human from this person. He'd make him go away.

He was extremely happy to be back in his human's hands. His gentle human even checked on injured paw, which was much better than expected. The brute could have broken it.

When his human approached him to the brute, he hissed loudly, reaching to claw at the stretched hand. No way was that insensitive human going to touch him again. King Purr had to protect his human and his place.

He watched from his spot in his basket how close his beloved human interacted with the mean one. They seemed close, closer than his human was with him, which was unacceptable.

A loud sound, like an explosion, sent his little heart racing and he took refuge in his human's warm and gentle touch. He could always make everything better.

Then the mean one got really close to his human, King Purr, not knowing his intentions, clawed at his jaw. He was pleased to hear a sound of pain coming from the brute. Instead of being praised for the good deed, King Purr found himself on the floor, while his human was all over the brute, making sure he was okay.

If his human liked getting hurt, it was out of King Purr's paws. He'd tried and would keep trying to make sure his human was safe, but if the brute stuck around, he had no idea what he could do.

To his dismay, he was even locked out of the bedroom that night, and too tired to even demand entrance.

From that moment on, the brute was a constant presence. It seemed to King Purr that his human was quite fond of the brute. He kept licking his face.

King Purr had no choice but to adapt to the change.

He had influenced his human in not being careful when he held him.

King Purr was not impressed when his human held him so high above the ground, balancing precariously on his palm. So he did the only thing imaginable. He clawed at his human's hand, jumping to the counter then to the ground.

Whoa. That one had been an impressive jump. King Purr was proud of himself, as he curled on the sofa, licking at his fur.

Not too long later, his human decided to play with his friend on the sofa, which was currently King Purr's favorite place. He escaped right on time, before they could squish him.

Until he found himself alone with the brute.

When his human left in a haste, only giving the brute a petting and more licks, without even looking at him anymore, he knew it was going to be a bad day.

The brute came to him the second his human was gone. King Purr tried to hide in his basket, and when the brute got too close, he hissed loudly in warning, showing him the claws.

He even tried feeding him, but King Purr wasn't going to touch the poisoned food. He never knew the brute's intentions.

To his dismay, the brute even locked him in the place where his toilet was. So many things in that place scared him. There was a glass showing what was behind him. There was that big bowl of water, in which he'd nearly drowned a while back. His human had given him a bath after rescuing him from there, for which King Purr had no idea if to be grateful or not. That place stank. There was white stuff falling from a wall.

Hey, it moved.

Deciding to test if it fought back, King Purr clawed at the white stuff. After a little pawing at it, the white stuff rolled on his head, getting him trapped in it. Much squirming and mewling later, he freed himself from the white stuff attack, right in time for the door to open. He zoomed out, past the startled brute.

He even dared to call him 'mean kitty', when it wasn't even his fault the white stuff attacked him out of nowhere.

When King Purr found himself alone, he inspected the house for traces of the brute. The scent of the brute led him upstairs. He found a soft fabric that could be a nice bed. He knew it belonged to the brute. After digging his claws through it and even napping on the cloth, he did something that could land him in trouble with his human. He pissed on the brute's cloth.

Many hours later, it was the brute who returned first.

King Purr sat quietly on the back of the sofa, tail twitching as he watched the brute walking around his place.

Then he returned downstairs with the cloth in his hand. He stopped in front of King Purr, who decided to ignore him. The ignorant human didn't deserve his time.

"You little asshole. Lucky the shirt was already ripped, or I'd have ripped you a new one!"

King Purr stayed very still, hoping the brute would go away.

"Does Brian know you piss all over the house?"

King Purr's tail twitched violently. He was going to make the brute regret he said it, if he dared to badmouth his good deed to his human. King Purr only wanted the brute gone, but he didn't want to upset his human.

King Purr was the king of their lair, and anyone who decided to move in had to be approved. The brute was definitely not approved.

oOo

The insensitive human had become an unwelcome constant presence in their kingdom.

King Purr made it his goal to have all his human's attention whenever the mean one was around. Most of the time, it worked, but sometimes it seemed that his human forgot all about him when his new friend licked his face.

Maybe King Purr should try licking his face too.

Nope. That one didn't go well.

His human scowled, pushing him away. The mean one dared to laugh, and shower his human in his special licks.

Whenever he found the bedroom door open, King Purr slinked inside, crawling in the big soft bed. He enjoyed scaring the mean one, though he got trapped between his big paws more times than he could count. It was all worth it when in the morning his human woke up smiling. He usually picked King Purr up, carrying him to his basket, and King Purr loved the few moments close to his favorite human.

King Purr learned to live with his human's Yellow. He wasn't exactly as bad as he originally thought, but he kept his distance.

The Yellow one always scolded him for lying on the counter, or sharpening his claws on the sofa, or stealing one of his sticks. The sticks were fun. They left colors on the floor.

Probably to annoy King Purr, Yellow listened to loud noises, making loud noises too. He never did that while his human was around. King Purr got aggravated, and no matter how much he hissed and mewled, Yellow wouldn't stop it.

His human always put a stop to the madness when he came home, cuddling him close. King Purr loved being in his human's warm hands. Especially when he seemed to know his name.

He called him 'Baby Purry', maybe baby meant a small king. He couldn't wait to grow up and be a real King Purr.

One day, when he was once again alone with the insensitive one, King Purr sat on the stairs, watching his human's Yellow friend. He looked harmless curled on the sofa, talking to his hand. Maybe he was crazy.

King Purr decided to approach him and see if his initial opinion was wrong. He lay at the Yellow's feet, staying on alert in case he chose to attack.

Right when he was about to relax, out of nowhere, the mean human's legs trapped him to the sofa. King Purr didn't care he might get in trouble with his human for scratching his friend as he clawed his way out of the trap. He wasn't going to try getting friendly with Yellow ever again.

And he dared to say they couldn't be friends. Of course, they couldn't, when he kept attacking him for no reason.

King Purr sat curled on the table by the front door, waiting for his warm, loving human to return. He wished he could voice his concern about his friend.

It was not long later when his human stuffed him in the small box. King Purr hated that thing. No matter how loud he cried and mewled, his human didn't open the little door. For what seemed like forever he was in the small box, stashed away in a dark room with other animals in the same predicament as him.

When he was reunited with his human, he expected to be pulled out and cuddled, but the only reassurance that his human still loved him was his voice talking to him.

King Purr remembered the only time he'd been in that box for so long, maybe not as long as now, but still too long to be acceptable. It was when he'd met his human.

Maybe the mean one convinced him to take him back to that crappy place his human had rescued him from. King Purr couldn't see Yellow, but he could feel him near.

When he was finally let out of the box, they were in a new place. He's never been there, but his human prompted him to explore.

Only a few steps to the left had him shocked and scared at many people gasping at his sudden appearance. He rushed back to his human, clawing at his pants.

Safely in his human's hands, they went back to the room hosting the many people.

When a small human ran to them, King Purr found himself in Yellow's hands. Terrified to be handled like that, he accepted the gentle petting, as his claws dug in the cloth covering Yellow. He wanted back to his human, but the mean one chided him to get over himself.

By the looks of it, his human had completely forgotten him, cuddling and licking at the cub in his arms.

His problems seemed bigger than his human abandoning him. The other people approached and petted him, cooing at him. King Purr was grateful that Yellow showed mercy for once, keeping him tightly against his chest, protecting him. Then his human came to his rescue, and King Purr had never been more grateful of his beloved human.

While everyone left the big room, King Purr curled in the corner. A nap was all he needed after the traumatizing experience.

He was startled awake by the cub, picking him up by his front legs and depositing him on his lap. King Purr could tell the cub was a good little human, and he smelled a lot like his human, which was a bonus. He accepted the stabs and slaps on his body. He was still a cub and didn't know how to be gentle.

To his surprise, Yellow approached them, showing the cub the correct way to pet him.

King Purr eyed him curiously. There was yet hope for Yellow to become his friend.

Chapter End Notes:

No promises for more, because I have no idea what else to write. At least, King Purr warmed up to Justin. We all know they became friends.

The End.
addict_writer is the author of 62 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Baby Purry's Adventures also liked 588 other stories.