- Text Size +

 

 

 

DEBBIE’S POV

 

I sit in my car, and all I could see was Brian’s face when Gus took off his shirt, and I remembered the bruises that Jack used to leave on Brian. Mel better stay out of my way. Does she hurt JR? I decide I’m going to go up there, Michael needs to open his store and start making money. I wish Carl would still talk to me. He could at least find out what is going on.

 

I get home and there is take-out on the kitchen table, Michael is looking at some box, while eating.

 

“Michael, what are you looking at?” I ask him.

 

“It’s an original Captain ASTRO action figure. I couldn't believe it a guy came in the shop and wanted to get rid of it,” Michael is smiling at me.

 

“Well that was nice of him to give it to you,” I tell him.

 

“I wish! He let me have it for three hundred. It’s worth about eight hundred to a collector. It was a great deal,” Michael tells me.

 

“You're gonna sell it to someone for eight hundred. That's a really good deal,” I tell him.     

 

“No way. I've wanted this forever,” Is he kidding me?

 

I walk past him to the cookie jar where I put the money Drew gave me and it only has a hundred left.

 

“Michael, where did you get the money.” I ask him.

 

“From the shop,” He tells me, lying like it’s no big deal.

 

“Don’t lie to me. Did you take the money from the jar?” I ask him.

 

“Don’t worry I’ll pay it back later Ma,” Michael thinks this is okay.

 

“It was money I had to ask for so that we could go to JR. You need to sell that fucking toy. Your daughter needs us. Fucking grow up and take care of your responsibility,” I can't believe this.

 

I almost lost my job, I have been running everywhere trying to get help, and he buys a fucking toy.

 

“That isn't enough to help anyway, so why does it matter that I used it? I was thinking we could hire a lawyer and get custody of JR. Mel and Linds let Gus get away with getting JR in trouble. Neither of them were home when some guy took JR out joy riding. She wouldn’t have gotten in trouble if it wasn't for all of them,” Michael tells me.

 

I look at this grown man and realize my mother was right. She told me that you reap what you sow, then she kicked me out.

 

I left and worked my ass off for my kid. I let Michael get away with everything, always blaming anybody but Michael, and now I have a son who expects everyone to take care of him. I need to apologize to Brian and the others for blindly making them take care of Michael. Gus looks like he was hit by a truck and I’m standing there going on and on about how Brian doesn’t care. It looks like we don’t care instead.

 

I am going to make it right. Michael can take his toy and shove it up his ass.

 

DAVID’S POV

 

I walked up to the house and knocked. No one answered. I told the locksmith to open the door. The officer walked in first and called out. No one answered. I told the movers to start removing the contents. They asked where I wanted the stuff, I told them just put on the lawn. The girls should have taken care of it, but instead they take off.

 

They were done in four hours. The locksmith changed the locks and I had an alarm put in. It would have been fun to see the girls try and stop us. I was walking out when a lady walked over and asked if this was a yard sale. I told her no it was an eviction. The owners of the stuff need to pick it up. She told me she would watch the stuff and let the girls know when they get here. Don't you just love nosy neighbors. I watched her walk to the group of women who had been watching us all morning.

 

I left the investigator to take pictures.

 

MEL’S POV

 

It took all night and half the day  to get JR processed. I used the credit card Linds brought to get JR out of jail. JR told a cop she was a dealer. I told them she is 14 and the guy was 19, I wanted him charged with kidnapping. They said we could have done that if JR hadn’t admitted to knowing what she was doing. They filed the paperwork, but told me not to expect much. I asked the officer if we had to leave the area, as long as they had a way to reach us, could JR go with us. He told me that as long as she reports to a parole officer and was available to testify we could. I needed to know what they were going to pursue. He told me it was up to the DA but they were really after Trace and JR could get her charges lessened if she testified against him. I told him she would.

 

“You two have been bitching about money, how did you get me out if we are so poor.” JR sneers.

 

“I borrowed the money from Gus,” Linds tells us.

 

“I guess he finally realized he has a family. Well at least he is good for something,” JR better lose the attitude.   

 

We arrive to our house, only it looks like someone put everything on the lawn. I walk up to the house and try to unlock the door. The fucker changed the locks. I can’t believe this, they could have waited till we got here. I turn to look and see the bitch from across the street walking over.

 

“Hey, some people came and put this stuff out here. I came over to find out what is going on. He said that you were being evicted. I thought you were having a yard sale. I watched your stuff so no one would take it,” She thinks she is being helpful. The bitch just came to gloat.

 

“Why don’t you just walk back to your house and mind your own fucking business,” I tell her.

 

“Well I was trying to be helpful. It’s not my fault you can’t take care of yourselves,” She tells me.

 

She turnd and walks back to her house where the other nosy bitches are waiting. I tell Linds to call around and see if we can get a mover and storage for everything. It took about an hour to find a company, they wouldn’t take the credit card but Linds had some cash from the ticket her parents sent and I use the rest of the money we had in our account. It just paid for a month.

 

We took clothes and any paperwork we needed and got back in the car. I drive us to Shelly’s house. She tells me to take my drama to someone else’s house. Linds tells me that we could go to Pittsburgh, she rented us a hotel. JR will be summoned to court and I told the officer that we had to leave and gave him Deb’s address to reach us. He told me if they had to come find us, JR would be remanded to the a juvenile detention facility. I called to let him know where we would be.

Linds took over driving, she used the credit card for gas and food. Gus owes us for all the trouble we’ve been going through.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Justin was pissed when I came up to see him. I tell him the kids didn't need to see him in his queening glory. He tells me that he was just going to straighten out Deb’s perception of my parenting. I say Chad did that for him, and tell him what our son said to her. I decided to relax the twat before he tried to sneak out and go posse on the Novotnys.

 

I was coming down to check on the animals and check emails. My cell was on my desk, it had an alert about my credit card. I spent close to four thousand on the pets. I called the card company and gave them my information. The woman on the phone told me it wasn’t the pets, it was because the card my son has had some unusual purchases.

 

I asked her to hold for a second. I went up to Gus’s room and ask how much he had spent on his card. Gus said he left it in Canada, in his desk. Mel threw him out with only what he had with him, she didn’t even let him take any of his things. I pick up my phone and wanted to know what the charges were, I have a feeling the girls are using it. She tells me there was a charge of five thousand at a police station in Canada, several restaurant charges and there have been multiple charges at gas stations. I ask where the last change was. She tells me the last one was at the Pennsylvania state line.

 

She then tells me there is a fifty dollar hold on a hotel room at the Hilton. I tell her that my son just now told me he lost the card a week ago. I needed the card reported stolen. She says that they would freeze the card and investigate it. I tell her to call if they need information.  

 

I call the police and report the card stolen and tell them the person using the card was not given permission to use it. He asks if I had any idea who had the card. I gave him the girls names. I also let them know they reserved a room at a hotel.

 

The credit card company called back and said the police station in Canada was able to give them the person who signed the card, Lindsay Peterson. I tell them I reported it stolen and that she didn’t have permission to use it. Linds really thinks I’ll cover for her.

 

I was going to get coffee when the doorbell rang. Great, Deb’s back. I told her to go to my office and shut the door. Justin isn’t a charitable mood right now. I threw a shot of Beam in my coffee, because God only knows what she wants now.

 

“Brian, I came here to return the money you gave me and to apologize for the things I said. I could only see that my granddaughter was in trouble. I know it’s not going to change anything I did. I can’t help what I felt, they’re my family,” Deb looks like she is on the edge.

 

“You held everyone responsible for Michael’s fuck ups, and then we are supposed to put our lives on hold every time something is wrong in Mikey’s life. I am expected to drop everything, including Justin, to make Michael happy. I wanted to be happy, have a family and a life of my own. You wanted me to take care of a grown man. It is going to take a lot more than apologies and tears Deb,” I want her to understand that I won’t be there for Michael anymore.

 

“I understand. I’m going to help JR, but not the girls or Michael. JR needs the help. Like your little cutie said, they’re adults and need to learn to take care of themselves. I hope you and Justin will forgive me some day for not thinking about you or anybody else but Michael. I am going to tell Michael to find a place to live and to start learning some responsibility,” Deb tells me.

 

“Good luck. A lot of Michael’s problems stem from everyone letting him get away with doing things. I’m just as responsible. Instead of making him face everyone with his mistakes, I covered them. I stopped because of Justin. Michael expected that if he called, I would answer. I did and Justin was the one left in the cold because of it. I won’t let it happen anymore,” I have this need to make it right, even when they are in the wrong.

 

“Deb, it’s about to get worse. Linds stole Gus’s credit card and used it to get JR out of jail and they have been charging up a storm. They are in Pennsylvania now. Linds will probably be arrested when she shows up at the hotel. I don’t know what is going to happen to JR since the money for her bail was paid with the card. I can call Blake and David to see if they know what will happen,” I want her to know the facts.

 

I called Blake and David. Blake said he would be on his way. David told me that he would send Katie, she specializes in fraud cases and would be better at the facts. Mia comes flying in with her puppy in her arms.

 

“Daddy, I think Buttercup needs a tiara. I tried to put mine on her but it keeps falling off.” Mia tells me. She turn and sees Deb who is still crying. “Hello, I’m Mia, Princess of Britin, at your service. Do you need a hug?”

 

Mia always wants everyone happy. She hands me the puppy and runs to hug Deb. Deb tries to wipe her eyes. Mia kisses her cheek and asks for a tissue.

 

“Did that help ma'am? If you want we can have a tea party together and I can cheer you up. My Pop is really good at that to, he can smile his big sunshine smile for you,” Mia is a doll.

 

“I miss his smile. Do you know I named him Sunshine? It was the first time I saw your Pop. My name is Deb you can call me that, or Nana if you want,” Deb looked at me before she offered the Nana and I nodded.

 

“I have to clean some things out of my house first princess, but if your Pop will let me, I would love to spend time with you,” Deb tells Mia.

 

“We have to watch Chad fish, but other than the icky worms, it’s not that bad. I’ll tell my Pop I want to spend time with you. Daddy and Pop want me happy and I want everyone else happy. I need to take Buttercup and work on an outfit. Daddy can you call Emmy and tell him I need to dress Buttercup?” Off goes the tornado that is Mia.

 

“Deb, IF Justin agrees to let you spend time with our kids, you need to understand that any campaign for Michael needs to be left at your home. My children are not to be hurt. I will make it my life’s goal to destroy anyone who cause them any harm. Gus is included in this. I don’t know a lot of what happened when he was in Canada with the girls, but it wasn’t sunshine and roses. If you still think Gus is to blame, for ANY of this, leave and don’t come back.” I tell her.

 

I tell her I will get her some breakfast. Justin is in the kitchen and looks like he is going to storm my office. He told me if I forgive Deb it’s my business, but his children are not going to be near her.

 

“Justin, I’m not ready to forgive her. She is Deb, she can’t see past what she feels and somewhere in there is the woman who loved us. She’s been a bitch and I really don’t know if she can change but I want to give her a chance. She knows that if she hurts the kids she will be gone. It’s the one thing she has never done through all this,” I tell him.

 

“I don’t know Brian, I miss the woman who took care of me, but I don’t want my children exposed to Deb wanting everyone to take care of Michael,” Justin loves her even when he doesn’t like her.

 

“She has been warned. If you need to talk to her, go in there. I won’t stop you. I’m not going to blindly trust her if that is what you think, but I think we have to give each other second and third chances, and we will eventually get it right. I will promise you that she is out of our lives permanently if this just another attempt to get help for Michael,” I tell him.

 

Justin tells me that he needs to think about. Mia runs in and tells Justin the puppy escaped. I ask where and she scratches her head and said that she maybe tried to give it a bath but the bathtub was too big. Justin asked where she tried to give it a bath. She looked at me.

 

“Daddy, I wanted to make sure Buttercup was clean. I took him outside to Pop’s pond. I don’t think Buttercup liked the fish biting him. I only put him down so I could tell the fishes to let me use the water. I turned around and Buttercup was gone,” Mia tells me.

 

“I think I found Buttercup, Princess.” Deb is holding a wet puppy in her arms.

 

Deb asked for a towel and dried the puppy off. She and Mia were sitting on the floor with the puppy and Mia giggled that Deb and her should make the outfits for the puppy. Deb told her that she could sew and Mia could design the outfits.

 

“One chance, that’s it,” Justin says. I hope we don’t regret it.

 

BLAKE’S POV

 

I called Carl and asked for some advice. He is still there for us. I told him what we knew. Carl told me to let him call and see what could be done.

 

“We have a problem Blake, Lindsay used a stolen credit card to pay for JR’s bail. They are going to have to bring JR in. I asked if they could transfer her to my care. The officer, Scott, told me that he could, but the bail is the issue right now.” Carl tells me.

 

I ask Carl to give me a minute and I would get back to him. I called Ted.

 

“Ted, I know you said not to get involved but Brian asked me to help. Linds paid JR’s bail with Gus’s credit card. Brian reported it stolen. Carl is willing to have JR remanded to his care. The bail is going to have to be paid,” I tell Ted.

 

“Are you sure you want to get involved? I know you want to help people, but all Deb, Michael, and the girls have done is given everyone hell. I’ll support you, but understand that it will probably bite us in the ass. Use our card, I’ll pay it. Tell Carl they need to get that girl some help,” Ted tells me he loves me.

 

“Carl, can they take my card to pay the bail. I don’t want to do it if it gets Linds out of trouble.” I tell him.

 

“Linds used a stolen card, it doesn’t matter if you pay the charges for JR, Linds still committed a felony. Let’s get the bail paid and I have to get a parole officer and a caseworker for her. Are Michael and Deb any help in this?” Carl still loves Deb but he isn’t willing to put up with her son.

 

“I think Michael finally did something Deb won’t forgive. I don’t have the whole story, but I know she is at Brian’s house right now,” I always liked Carl, and Deb was a better person when she was with him.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

I really want to tell Deb to get her ass out of my house and never return. Mia is making that impossible. Mia loves everyone and doesn’t see the flaws. If you're nice to her and the people she loves she gives you a chance. I ask Mia to give me and Deb a minute alone. She smiles and kisses me and says to be nice to Miss Deb.

 

“Deb, I don’t trust you. I can’t say it any clearer. I have spent the last 8 years being told that we don’t support your son, and we don’t care about family. While you spouted that wisdom, you turned your back on me and my family. I love the woman who took me in and was there for me. I hate the woman who figuratively used a bat on Brian and I every time your son was upset. I can’t sugar coat how I feel, because at least Hobbs didn’t pretend to care. If you are allowed around my children, there is not going to be any mention of Michael, Linds, Mel, or JR to them. I will not have Gus being blamed for JR doing stupid things or the fact that he was a bank for the bitches from Canada. JR is not welcome at my house unless she gets her act together and starts telling the truth. Michael is not welcome at all. If that is understood I will allow you to be around my kids. If one hair is out of place, I will see Hell rain on your head. Do you understand?” I want her to shit or get off the pot.

 

“I understand. I won’t hurt the children. I may have done stupid things but I would never allow a child to be hurt,” Deb tells me. I know she wouldn’t hurt my children on purpose but Deb says things without thinking.

 

We go back to Brian’s office and Katie is there. Blake was just coming in the door and Ted is behind them. Ted sees Deb and looks at me. I tell Deb to go ahead.

 

“Michael did something to piss her off. She is all apologetic and wants to make amends. I don’t believe her, but I guess we have to wait and see,” I tell Ted.

 

“She told Emmett that Michael spent the money Drew gave her. She wanted to return what she had and pay back the rest. Drew told her not to worry about it,” Ted tells me.

 

“What did Michael buy?” I ask.

 

“An Original Captain Astro doll. You know it is a find. It’s worth a fortune and Mikey had to have it,” Ted tried to imitate Michael at his whiny best.