- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This short but I wanted to end it with what happened.

GUS’S POV

 

JR went to stay with Ben and Brad. She rebelled a little, she was having issues with kicking the drugs. She testified against Trace and was given probation as long as she stayed clean and out of trouble. She didn’t want anything to do with Michael and the moms. After a while she agreed to see her dad, but hardly talked to Michael when he was there. We still aren’t close, but it’s better than it was. Ben talks to everyone, but he got a life outside of Liberty Avenue now and said he wanted to keep his new life. JR loves Brad. He doesn’t bullshit, he tells you the truth, and she was told so many lies it was hard to forgive the people that told them.

 

Mom went to jail for 10 months and while there met some guy on line. He owns a bunch of used car lots and wanted a wife with breeding. He is the kind of guy who likes to show off. He told me he could get me a good deal on a car. Dad told him his son isn’t going to get a clunker. Mom calls once in awhile but she tells me that she is busy with social events.

 

Mel only got probation but couldn’t provide for JR, so she went back to Canada to her girlfriend. She divorced mom while mom was in jail. Mel doesn’t talk to us. Ben said she talks to JR but when she tried to convince JR to come back JR told her no. Mel never fought it.

 

Deb stayed out of Michael’s affairs and learned to live her life. Carl who was single started hanging out with her again. Deb said they are going to give it time. Carl wants to make sure that they don’t fall in the same trap again. It took almost a year before Pop and Dad stopped being wary of Deb. She proved that she would care for Michael but not excuse his behavior. Mia helped the most, she named Debbie her Queen. Pop looked at Dad and said “That makes you married to Deb,” After Pop said it, he told Dad nevermind, that was to sick to contemplate.

 

Mia is still our angel, she and Dylan are always plotting new lines of clothes for the dogs. Chad told them to leave his dog alone. I let them dress Vinny, he needs all the warmth he can get.

 

Chad and Max started a fishing show on YouTube. It didn’t get a lot of hits at first. Then his dog, Trout, knocked them in the pond together and was swimming around them. Trout caught a fish on camera. Now they try to get Trout on their shows. Drew started to drive them around to lakes and streams so they had other places to film.

 

Linda started registration for colleges. She wanted to study Art and maybe teach one day. Pop got her to apply at PIFA. Linda was scared to show her work. Pop showed it to his old professor, they encouraged her to apply. Emmett was thrilled.

 

Michael is still whining that no one cares for him and everyone abandoned him. He started dating a guy named John. John works at the Big Q and is a manager there. He and Michael live together, John believes everything Michael tells him. Michael tried to introduce John to the group at the diner. Everyone was polite but no one wants to fall in with Michael again.

 

Pop and Dad had fun trying to train Buttercup. Vinny and Trout house trained easily. Buttercup is stubborn. She would look at you while peeing on the floor in front of you. Mia told Pop that Princesses don’t clean pittle. Dad cleaned it up even though he said he wouldn’t. Buttercup finally started using the bathroom outside. We all breathed a sigh of relief. Michael still tried to talk to Dad, but Dad would let him yap and just told him bye. Pop would just walk away.


As for me, I finished high school and started college at Carnegie Mellon, I wanted to study Architecture. Dad told me to go for it. Pop always wants to know if I’m okay or not. I told him I came to my safe place when I came home.

The End.
starlight is the author of 43 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 20 members. Members who liked A Safe Place also liked 859 other stories.