- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I was in a writing frenzy. I made sure I posted the right chapter enjoy. I have one more. Will try to post before I go to work today.

LINDSAY’S POV

 

We had to borrow money from Mel’s cousin Shelly to get JR out of jail. Shelly told us she wanted the money back by next week. Mel tells me to call Brian, since his son was the reason JR got in trouble. I call but have to make up a reason for the money. Brian stopped helping us with JR’s expenses when he and Michael fell out.

 

When we moved to Canada, we didn’t really check out the things required to get jobs. We found a loophole and were married so we could stay. Money became tight and I called Brian. I told him that if he wanted his son to have a roof over his head we needed help. Brian bought the house and provided support.

 

I wanted to make Brian pay for wanting to marry Justin. I took his son from him and got him to force Justin to go to New York. I waited for the break up. Michael told me that Brian and Justin had stopped talking for a few months. Michael and I were thrilled. I called to tell Brian it was better that he and Justin parted and now he needed to be there for Gus. Brian told me Gus had always been his first priority.

 

I got a call from Michael a few weeks later to tell me Brian was moving to New York to be with Justin. Michael and Deb tried to make Brian see that it was a mistake. They called and badgered him and Justin. Michael couldn’t understand how his best friend could abandon him. I wanted to yell at Michael and Deb that if they had tried to be tactful Brian could have been made to see it was the wrong decision.

 

Brian eventually found out we never filed the adoption paperwork. Mel thought Brian was too self-absorbed to notice. Mel and I needed money and she called Brian and threatened that he wouldn’t be allowed to see Gus unless he paid. Justin called me and told me that Gus was not a bargaining chip. I told Justin that he wasn’t one of Gus’s parents and to stay out of it.

 

Brian filed papers in court to have visitation and rights. We couldn’t fight him on it. Mel was ready to draw blood at this point. We asked for $8000 a month in support. Brian is rich and I felt he owed us the money. The judge looked over the paperwork Ted sent and told Mel and me that Brian should sue us for lying about the adoption and the amount of support he still provided. We were given $3000 a month.

 

Mel and Michael started a campaign to get the whole gang to be on their side. Emmett and Ted both walked away from Deb, Michael, Mel, and me. Mel claimed that Brian spoils Gus and that JR was left in the cold so Deb and Michael would be with her on this. Emmett told us all that if we wanted to fuck Brian over, we do it alone. Ted likes to lord it over us that he controls Brian’s money, and we have to prove why we need any extra money we ask for, in addition to showing how the support is spent.

 

Gus is like his father, he only cares about what he gets. He could have helped us get Brian to give more but he said that he wasn’t going to sponge off his father for us. I tried Justin, he is making it big in the art world and I know he hit the millionaire status. Justin can see through our lies and informed me that as the non-parent he didn’t owe me shit. I told him that I was going to make it impossible for him in the art world, I know artists and have contacts. Justin said that fucking Sam didn’t win me any points in the art world. That it’s a joke to everyone how some lowly gallery chick fell for Sam’s shit.

 

I wanted to prove to Justin I meant business. I called Sydney and told him Justin was telling everyone that Sydney’s gallery was a joke. Sydney told me that was funny, since Justin is having a show at his gallery next month. Sydney said Justin felt it was important to him that people knew Sydney was the first person willing to show his work.

 

I called Sam, hoping he would help me. Sam told me no pussy was worth pissing off an artist with Justin’s pull. I told Sam that he was bigger and had more influence. Sam told me that might have been true, but it isn’t going to win him any favors to go after Justin.

 

Mel asked JR what had happened at the party. JR looked at us and said she invited a few friends over and that it got out of hand. I asked if Gus was there. I know we blamed him but I wanted confirmation from JR. JR said Gus got people to bring the beer and drugs. Mel told her she handled Gus and would makes sure the blame fell on the right person.

 

I’m worried because we have to produce Gus and we haven’t seen or heard from him in two days. I tried to remember who his friends were. I went into his room and look through all the papers on the desk and floor. I couldn’t find anything to tell me where he would have gone. I asked Mel and she told me she didn’t care. I told her if we wanted money she needed to help me find him to talk to Brian.

 

JR told us that Gus doesn’t have friends. Gus is an asshole like his father and people avoid him. I called Shelly and asked if Gus came by. Shelly told me if he did she would have sent him home because she is tired of our drama.

 

I stayed with my boyfriend Gary last night after all the stuff that went on with the party. I needed peace from them all. I know that Michael and Deb are going to be here. No one hurts their precious JR. Mel told them Gus was to blame and that was all they needed. I want to leave but needed to be here so I can spin this to my advantage.

 

Mel and I are together only because it’s easier and we don’t really care what the other one does. I have Gary, who runs a small gallery. Mel is seeing some girl she met at a bar one night.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

When Mel called us, I told Ma to call Brian, his kid caused my Honeybun to get in trouble and he needs to help us. She told me that Brian told her he wouldn’t help. He better change his mind. I told Ma I was going to visit Brian and make sure he understands that he owes us for what Gus did.

 

Brian has been an asshole since he went back to his blond boy ass. Justin and I used to get along. I told Brian that it was a mistake to run after Justin again, that he needed to think about me and Ma because we have been there for him. I told Ben that he needed to help me convince Brian to stay here. Ben told me that a real friend would want Brian to be happy. Ben needed to see that Brian is only happy with us. Ben wanted to take another job, but I put my foot down. I wanted to stay here or move to New York. I mean Ben could find a job to support us there, and we could live with Brian till we had enough to support ourselves.

 

Ben told me to choose him or Brian. I told him that he needed to choose me or Philly. I don’t miss Ben, he took Hunter with him. Hunter calls but tells me he is busy and can’t visit right now.

 

I tried to get into Kinnetik and the security guy told me I needed to make an appointment. I told him Brian was my best friend and didn’t need to make an appointment to talk to him. I tried to argue with him but decided to try the fucking manor.

 

I borrowed Ma’s car to drive there. I also need to get Brian to give me money for my store. Ben was helping me keep it open but with him gone, I barely make enough to keep it open. I sold the house but we still owed a lot. I got a couple grand but not enough to do anything with. I tried to convince Emmett to room with me again. Emmett told me Drew was a better choice. I moved in with Ma.

 

Carl was living with her but they finally broke up for good when he told us that we needed to stop harassing Brian. Ma told him if he felt that way the door was in front, use it. Carl had his cop buddies help move him out. He is seeing some other woman now. Ma tried a couple times to get him back. Carl told her he lost interest when she stopped caring about the whole family and only cared about the infant that she bore. I told Ma 'fuck him'.

 

I got to Britin, or as I think of it, the house Justin sold his ass for. Cynthia answered the door. She came out and shut the door. I tell her to let me in, I want Brian to fix what his son did. She tells me to turn around and go home to my mommy. I try to get past her, but Brian’s toady, Ted, comes out and tells me I need to go straighten out my daughter and leave Brian out of this.

 

I tell Ted that my daughter is fine and Gus is the reason we are all having all these problems. Ted tells me history repeats itself. Mel and I need to realize no one gets in trouble unless they stay for it or cause it. That I need to stop being my mother and start being a parent. I tell Ted, JR is only 14 and innocent. Gus causes all the problems and tries to get JR in trouble. Brian can’t see his son is to blame. I want to say more but Ted tells me he doesn’t care what I say and to leave immediately or deal with the police.

 

I call Ma and tell her we need to get the money for me to help JR. She tells me she will borrow from the girls and the diner manager, but that Brian better help.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

I can hear Michael ranting at the front door. I try to go out there but Ted and Cynthia tell me to stay inside. Michael pisses me off more every day I know him. He sounds like Deb, JR can do no wrong, so let’s blame Gus. I love JR, but we don’t get along anymore since Brian wouldn’t help her father. She told me only people loyal to her dad and mom were her friends. I told her I would be there when she needed a friend.

 

Gus is my main concern. Mel turned into a bitch of epic proportions after they moved. She hates Brian and in turn dislikes me because I stayed with Brian. Linds, on the other hand, will be sweetness and light until you don’t give her what she wants. She tries to threaten my career when I tell her I won’t help her squeeze more money out of Brian. Sydney called and told me about her calling him. I told Sydney it’s a domestic issue. Sydney said “You mean she is mad she isn’t Mrs. Kinney?” Sydney has her number.

 

Ted and Cynthia got rid of Michael. I hug Ted and kiss Cynthia for the help. They didn’t think blood in the front yard would help the lawn look better. I ask who they thought would kill Michael. Ted says he was playing it safe by keeping both Brian and me inside.

 

I walked in and Brian asks if we were at fault for not trying to get Gus to live with us. I felt the same way. I tell him I'm sure what the answer is. It hurts to know that Gus was left so long with the bitches of the North. I sit next to him, hoping we can make up for the life Gus has endured at their hands.

 

Gus was standing at the door and told us that it wasn’t our fault, that we didn’t know. He kept it from us. I ask him why, we would have helped. Gus says it was because Mel and his mom would turn from shrews to wonder moms for about a month before each visit and he would forget the bad things. Then as he got older, he didn’t want to taint his time here.

 

I don’t say it out loud because Gus feels bad enough, but he should have told us. We could have gotten him away from them and let him be happy. I know Brian is thinking the same thing. Brian tells him it doesn’t matter now, but in the future that we need to know if something is hurting him. Gus agreed.

 

I want to have a fun day when the kids get home. I told Brian I was going to take the kids riding at the horse farm and since tomorrow is Saturday we are going to do what Gus wants. I don’t care if we go Kennywood, as long as Gus has fun. Gus smiled and said Kennywood. Brian groaned, he hate amusement parks. He will go, Gus and I will get Mia to convince Brian it’s what she wants to do. My little angel can work her Daddy.

 

The kids get home and drag Gus to the pond. Chad has the fishing equipment in the shed I put out there. He also made a worm bed. It’s nasty, but I agreed so I didn’t have to keep buying the damned things. I will be honest, it was fun to set it up and throw the worms in. Chad and I fish together when Gus isn’t here. Brian and little princess watch, but neither have any interest in fishing.

 

Linds doesn’t like that Gus, Chad, and Mia are close. She told Brian that it is causing all the problems with JR. She said I was intentionally discluding JR from my children. That we spoil them and JR is forced to sit on the sidelines. I told her JR would have been welcome but I don’t want Chad and Mia to endure another round of JR telling them they were charity cases we took pity on. Mia told JR her Daddies love her. Chad was the one who was really upset. He was worried that she was right and we would send him away again. Brian told me that JR isn’t to be around the kids anymore. Brian told me that Michael needs to take his daughter to do things. I wanted to try to talk to JR but she is Mel and Michael rolled into one.

 

I look outside to see how they are doing and my children are laughing and smiling at each other. I need to keep them that way. Linds, Mel, and Michael are going to pay for continuing to hurt Brian and Gus.