- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

My muse must stop till late tomorrow. I hope everyone leaves my characters alive long enough to write more.

DEB’S POV

 

I asked everyone at the diner to help me get Michael to JR. Most of them pitched in a couple dollars. I wanted Michael to be able to fly there. I called Emmett and told him Drew needed to help out. Emmett told me since he was no longer family according to my edict, he wasn’t obliged to help, so I told him to fuck off and he hung up on me. Why can’t they see that Brian causes all the problems in Michael’s life? Now Gus is causing JR to have problems.

 

Linds said JR is in trouble because of the drugs the police found. Gus must be picking up Brian’s habits. My poor JR, Brian and Justin need to help me out. I was there for them. I was going to call Jen and tell her that she needed to convince them to help but I pissed her off. She wants to criticize me. Well, I took in her kid when she was too busy playing lady of the manor.

 

I call Mel and asked how JR is doing. Mel tells me that JR is upset that Gus left her holding the blame for his party. I tell her that Gus is almost 18 and is probably afraid of being jailed as an adult. They need to find him and make him tell the truth to the police.

 

I call Brian’s house again. I was going to give him an earful about his kid. Justin answered.

 

“Hello Deb, if you're calling to tell us how we are the giant evil, hang up now,” Justin isn’t going to tell me what I can do.

 

“I want to know why Brian can’t be bothered with finding his kid. Gus needs to tell the truth, if he goes to jail it’s his own damned fault. JR doesn’t deserve to take the blame for Brian’s fucked up son. You also need to help Michael get to Canada so he can help his daughter,” I tell him. I wait for Justin to answer me.

 

“Is that all Deb, or did you need to blame us for world hunger, and Gus for the Gulf War. I mean we obviously are powerful enough to make innocents do our bidding. You know what, why don’t you ask Mel why Gus looks like someone beat the shit out of him. Ask JR what the hell she is doing with Crystal Meth in the house at 14. Where the hell were Linds and Mel when this was all going on? I mean, it was a school night, and there is a raging party going on at 8 at night. Gus was at hockey practice until just before the police came in, but you know, we demons can be in two places at once. Do not call here to complain to me that your grandchild is as innocent as your son. It doesn’t work with me.” Justin says as he hangs up the phone on me.

 

I don’t believe a word of what he said. Linds is right, Justin became famous and wants to forget all of us who helped him.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Justin was watching the kids outside, Ted and Cynthia were working it out so I could take time for Gus. I hear Justin’s voice slowly rising and walk out to see him getting angrier at the caller. I bet it’s Deb. Justin talks down to Michael and Linds. He doesn’t even talk to Mel. With Deb, it’s a slow burn. Obviously the demon reference meant she blamed me or Gus. I was about to take the phone but he hung up. I walk behind him to comfort him. Justin is laughing. He turns and says it’s like Deb can’t believe her DNA could possibly do any wrong.

 

I wonder if Deb sees her life clearly. She was screwing a future Drag Queen and got knocked up. Her family disowned her. She took Vic in and treated him like a child. When Vic left she made it all about her and that he should include her in every aspect of his life. When Vic told her he needed a life of his own she told him to fuck off. She lies to her own kid, telling him his father was married to her and died in the war. Tells Michael he’s gay, and proceeds to keep him under her thumb. When Michael got into trouble, she needed to have me to blame. Michael met David, a doctor, and suddenly I was keeping Michael from a real relationship. Hell, when Justin and I had problems the first time, she told me that I should tell Justin what I couldn't tell Michael. I was Michael’s friend, I wasn’t in love with him.

 

I think she expected me to wait for Michael in the end. She was actually the one who told me to let Justin go when he left. Deb told me that I needed to let Justin find out who he is without confusing him. I almost listened. I stopped calling and so did Justin. Thank God for Ted. I was sitting in my office, depressed, when he told me to go and straighten out my life, with or without Justin, but sitting in Pitts moping wasn’t the answer. I got up and went to the person I wanted a life with. Deb was furious and wanted me to stay for Michael.

 

I tell Justin we need to take the kids and have fun.

 

 

GUS’S POV

 

Chad and I were done fishing, so Pop asks if we want to go riding or if we want to save it for Sunday. I think he remembered I was still sore. Mia votes for swimming in the pool. I could deal with that. I tell Pop I want to keep a shirt on because I don't want to worry Mia and Chad. Pop says whatever makes me comfortable is fine.

 

Dad comes out to play in the pool. I think he just wants to make sure the kids don't bump into me too much. I swim for a while then get out to sit with Pop. He will tell me what is going on.

 

Pop says everyone is up to the usual, blaming me or Dad. He tells me that they all need to look at themselves. I know Mel and Michael well enough to know that they are going to blame us. I stopped giving a shit about it after I turned 12. Michael is still trying to get my Dad to want him. Mel wants to prove that she has the bigger dick. Dad doesn't feel the need to play their childish games anymore.

 

JR is jealous of my dads because they care. She wants Michael to be more like them. Instead of seeing Michael for who he is she plays into the crap that my dad is really the problem.

 

Pop tried to include JR, but she wanted everyone to suffer for Michael. I protected Chad and Mia, JR turned it into me wanting to make sure Dad spoiled me for siding with him and 'the brats'. I gave up on her. Mel doesn’t pay enough attention to JR. If she did she would have noticed JR is on every drug she can get. JR is also screwing anybody that supplies her. I know they won’t listen because they view me as trying to make JR look bad.

 

Uncle Blake and Justin know about it now. I might not like JR but she is still my sister. Blake told me I can't save someone until they are ready. Just be there when they fall and hope you can help. I don't want to wait till she dies. Blake said he would try but not to be shocked when JR tells them I’m lying.

 

I think it’s time for me to stop trying to save the world and save myself.

 

BLAKE'S POV

 

Gus worries too much, he needs to think about himself. Justin is worried about JR and Gus. I told him that all we can do is tell Mel and Lindsay and hope they care enough about JR to listen. Justin snorted and said somehow JR will make it Gus’s fault. I’ve been around long enough to know he speaks the truth.

 

JR is young to be using, but unfortunately age is relative when you start abusing. I can't help that I want to stop her before it gets any worse but the Novotny gang listens to no one unless you agree with them. I guess I need to get Emmett, they won’t listen to Ted.

 

When Emmett arrives he hugs the kids and grabs our princess, she has everyone wanting to do her bidding. Emmett tells us about Deb’s call. We tell him about JR. He promises to try but feels the same as we do.

 

Brian actually said he would call. He wants to lay it out to the girls and tell them they have 48 hours to vacate the house. Brian is pissed. I look at Justin and he is smiling.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I care that JR is going down the wrong path, but Gus is more important to me. I walk back into the house and call the munchers. Luckily Linds answers.

 

“Have you found my son?” I ask, because I want her to get caught in her lie.

 

“Gus is trying to hide from trouble Brian. I need your help Peter,” Linds pulled out that card.

 

“Sorry Wendy, but the help is going to have to come from the bitch you married. I’ll give you a hint, Gus came home to me. I want all of you out of Gus’s house by tomorrow. Tell Mel when she tries to fry my balls that she needs to check out the agreement you signed about the house. If Gus doesn’t live there, you bitches are out,” I really enjoyed that.

 

“Brian, calm down, we didn’t cause this, Gus did. You need to understand the pressure we have been under, Gus is impossible. He causes problems then blames everything on JR and Mel. We need to sit down together and talk about getting Gus some help,” Linds has apparently lost her mind.

 

“Instead of helping Gus, why don’t you get your delinquent daughter JR into rehab before she OD’s. Take my advice and have her tested. I am not kidding about you getting out of the house. David will be delivering the eviction notice today,” I’m done.

 

I hang up on Linds, David gets paid enough to take care of them. I told him to make it as embarrassing as possible. I want to make sure they never fuck with my family again. I look at the door, Justin is standing there. He closed the door and told me I need to relax before the next round.

 

EMMETT’S POV

 

I told Drew I was going to check on the Taylor-Kinneys. Drew told me to tell Brian he had a team that could help if they need it. I love Drewsy. I got to the house and went to check on my children. Drew and I want to adopt too. I want a princess of my own. I told Justin we were going to adopt. Justin said to look at the children who needed caring parents, not just the babies. Justin would adopt like the Jolie-Pitt's if he could.

 

Princess Mia is excited to have Gus home. She tells me that Drew and I need to come to Kennywood tomorrow. I tell her Drew and Brian would rent the whole park if she wanted them to. Mia says no, that all children should be able to play with her. I told her that we would purchase everyone a ticket. I can’t help it, she is my baby. I tried to convince her to live with me but she told me Pop and Daddy would cry if she left. I told her she was right. Mia told me that I should adopt a girl her age then they could have slumber parties. I might just do that.

 

When Blake explained about JR, I knew we could try. Michael is like Deb, he makes JR blameless. I wrote them off when they wanted me to chose between them and Brian and Justin. I am not going to write off the people who stood by me when I needed them. Deb and Michael were too wrapped up in their own dramas and told me to get over my problems.

 

Brian took off to call Linds and Justin told me he was going to take care of Brian. I told him to have fun. They deserve to have a good time. I called Drew and told him I wanted to rent Kennywood tomorrow but Princess Mia want to let other kids in. Drew told me he would call his team mates and we could have a family day at the park.

 

MIA’S POV

 

My people do things for me. Daddy said that being a princess means my disciples have to do what I say. I want to make Gus happy. He is so sad, but I just know that we can make him happy again. I tried to like his other sister JR, but she hurt Chad and I told her she needed to leave my family alone. Pop said that JR was jealous of our family and I said that if she wasn’t a meany she could have been a part of our family.

 

Daddy and Pop disappeared but Emmy is here and he makes everything I want come true. Drewsy told me as long as I’m happy Emmy is too. I told Drewsy that he need to get me a girl to play with. He told me he was going to make that happen. I told Pop they were getting me a girl and he said I needed to help her when she came. I told him that I would. Pop smiled and it made me feel really good. I told Pop maybe he could smile for JR, she needs to feel good about herself too.