- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

When you read JR understand that this is what she hears and why she view the world the way she does.

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I hope Brian isn’t serious about kicking us out. I went to Mel’s office to look for the paperwork on the house. I found it and looked through the lease. Shit, Brian really listed Gus as the owner, it's held in trust by Brian and Justin, until Gus is 18. I need to try to stall until Gus is the owner. He wouldn’t  kick us out. Brian can also demand back rent if we stay without Gus. Good Lord, we would owe 12 years of rent. Mel fucked us by kicking Gus out.

 

Mel walks in and asks why I am in her office. I hand her the house paperwork. She reads it and says that Brian can threaten all he wants, if he kicks us out she is going to make sure Gus gets the maximum sentence for having the party. I hope she is right and Brian will back down.

 

I let her know that Brian’s lawyer is on his way. Mel says she is a lawyer too. She’ll deal with him. Mel is okay as a lawyer but she doesn't have a great win to loss ratio. Mel has also lost clients because she isn’t very personable. She tells them that she knows better what to do then they do, and they need to trust her. She was let go from the first two firms she worked for because she told clients that they needed to give the wife a better deal. She tells everyone it’s discrimination because she is a woman and a lesbian.

 

JR has been in her room since we got home. She told us that she was tired from the ordeal she went through. JR'S story is falling apart. First she says Gus had his friends bring the drugs, then she says that Gus doesn't have friends. I know he wasn’t home during the party, but we depend on him to take care of the house. He should have been home. JR has never been trouble, but Gus treats JR like a stranger, while he treats Justin’s adopted brats like family. Gus wouldn't do anything to get Brian to support us. JR thinks of the family and even tried to be nice to Justin’s kids. The kids told Justin she was mean to them. Brian told me if JR wants to visit Michael needs to take care of her.

 

I decided to get my ducks in a row. If Brian succeeds in throwing us out I want to have a place for me to go. I call Gary and tell him I am ready to move in with him. Gary says he can’t move me in, his sister doesn't want anyone to live in their apartment. I tell Gary to grow some balls and tell her it's not up to her. He tells me that he feels we aren’t ready for that level of commitment. I tell him that either he is with me or it's over. He says he guesses that we are over. I was going to say more but he hung up.

 

I need to get Gus to stop his father.

 

JR’S POV

 

Man I feel like shit. It’s been a few days since my last fix. It feels like ants are all over my skin. I tried to call Trace, he’ll usually fix me up. He's not answering. I can't get out of the house. Mommy dearest is too busy trying to prove Gus is the cause of the party. I didn't want to deal with them so I lied. I knew Gus would be out late at his practice and figured with no one home I could have a party. I was high and didn’t realize the party was getting out of hand. I knew Mama and Mommy wouldn’t be home till late. I figured that they would blame Gus, since he should have been home by the time the police showed up. The moms think Gus is like Brian, but Gus is too busy trying to be good to do anything fun.

 

Mama is always busy playing house with her new whore. She only comes home in time to go to bed. She wouldn’t even know what goes on in the house. It makes it easier to make it look like Gus does the stuff she gets pissed about.

 

Mommy wants live up to her parents standards. She told me Brian purchased Britin to try to stop us from moving to Canada. She wanted to live there but Justin told her we would be living under his rules. Mommy doesn’t understand why Brian would let Justin make the rules.

 

Dad doesn't visit because Brian isn't willing to separate from his money to help. Ben left Dad in the lurch and Dad needed his friend. Brian told him he was too busy to be there for Dad. Dad was always taking care of Brian, but when Dad needed him, Brian wouldn’t lift a finger. I told Dad he should tell Brian to kiss his butt. Dad is too nice, he told me you don’t turn your back on your friends. Dad thinks that Justin didn’t want anybody interfering with Brian.

 

Grandma told me family should help each other. She said Brian forgot Dad because he was too busy screwing Justin. She was the one who provided both of them a home and love, and now they treat her like a stranger. My Dad isn’t even invited over to the big house. Grandma tried to talk to them about how important Dad was to Brian and he told her that he doesn't owe her anything. Brian is really rich but can’t spare a dime for his family.

 

Gus and I used to like each other, but he would rather spend time with the brats. I started hating Gus after he was allowed to visit his Dads by himself. They sent him first class tickets to see them. Dad can't afford to fly me to Pittsburgh. He asked his best friend to help but Brian told him he isn’t a bank. Dad said Justin keeps Brian from helping.

 

Justin tried to pretend he cared, but the minute his children got upset I was sent home. I loved Justin before he replaced me with that little princess Mia. I was upset they have all this stuff and I don’t have as much. If any of the other kids look at stuff, it was bought for them. I was never given more than a couple of things, and only if I was with them.

 

When I asked why Brian sued them for custody of Gus, Mama said it was to cause trouble in our house. She said it’s because Brian likes to lord over her that Gus is his child. She was trying to keep a roof over our heads, Brian told Mama that she and Mommy could get jobs if we wanted to have a place to live. Mama refused to work somewhere that was not up to her standards. She and Mom told Gus and I that daycare would eat up the money they would bring in. Brian of course, provided for Gus, but not the rest of us.

 

I need to do something. I have the shakes now and I still feel like bugs are crawling all over me. Dad can’t see me like this.

 

MEL’S POV

 

Brian thinks that he can kick us out. I won’t let him tell me what to do. He is probably going to send that asshole David to try. I think David will have to work overtime to get us out. I was protecting my daughter from the shit Gus did. I can make them bring Gus home if they want to play hard ball. I talked to the police and they said if Gus was involved they can get him back here. I told them Gus took off to Pittsburgh. I even gave them Brian’s address, I hope Brian enjoys the police carting off Gus.

 

The doorbell rang and I wanted to be the person to answer. David is standing there and I see a moving van outside. I invite David in and tell him the moving van could leave, we will not be moving. David tells me it was for Gus’s things. I ask if Gus is going to try to run from the authorities. David says no, Gus went to his fathers when I kicked him out. I share the information that I gave the police and tell him Brian should be expecting a visit.

 

DAVID’S POV

 

I like my job and do it well. I told Brian that Mel will try to counter us using Gus. She always has when we back her into a corner. Brian told me to get proof Gus couldn’t have been responsible. I sent my investigator here to look into everything and to interview the people at the party. I told the investigator to turn over the information to the police and to me.

 

I smile back and tell Mel to read the investigation, that I have time. She starts to read it but tries to say that we are setting up her daughter. She gets to the interviews and goes silent. All the kids were interviewed with their parents present. Every interview says that JR was the person who threw the party and invited a young man named Trace to the party. Trace has charges of possession and trafficking on his record. Trace, who is 19, is also JR’s boyfriend at the moment. Mel tells me she needs to talk to JR.

 

She can talk all she wants, the police told us they didn’t see any reason to bother Gus. I save the last page of the report. JR was tested when she was brought the station and it isn’t good. Brian told me to make sure they read the report. I couldn’t get a copy but was able to read the results from my side of the desk. Brian said that he informed them this was an issue but thinks that they won’t believe him.

 

Mel comes back with Lindsay and tells me she knows that Gus was involved, and none of these were reliable witnesses. I guess they live in the land of denial. I tell her and Lindsay that they need to get a copy of the drug test done on JR from the police if they think she is innocent. Mel tells me that it is none of my business. She wants to know what I came here to do. I tell her that today I am removing Gus’s possessions from the house and giving them the next two days to vacate. After that the locks will be changed. Mel tells me she will not allow us to remove any items from the house. I knew she was going to possibly do this, so I call the police officer waiting outside.

 

MEL’S POV

 

When David came in and handed me that report, I knew they were going to make it look like JR was at fault. I told Linds to get in the room with me. We need to stand together, David was going to have to work to get us out. Linds was on the phone with her fuckbuddy. Linds said she was breaking up with him. She wanted us to look like good parents and having people on the side looks bad. Whatever, he is probably tired of her.

 

I know the police gave JR a drug test, but I know my daughter is clean. David told us we had to be out in two days. Well it takes longer than that to get an eviction notice and I told David I wouldn’t allow anything to be removed from the house. David asked me if, as a lawyer, I read the contracts before I signed them. I told him fuck off. He said that the lease was broken the minute Gus was told to leave HIS house. According to the agreement they can kick us out right now.

 

I know that he is telling the truth but I need to play for time. JR can leave Canada in my custody but I have to bring her back for any hearing. I can have her community service transferred to wherever we go. David made a phone call and went to the door. The fucker brought a police officer along with the paperwork for the removal of us from the premises in two days. I told them that we have two days and we are going to use them. They need to leave. The officer tells me that Gus’s father gave permission to remove Gus’s possessions.

 

I didn’t fight them on it. They had a list of items that belong to Gus. Linds led them to the room.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I ask David if he can call Brian and tell him I need to talk to him. David calls and hands the phone to me.

 

“Brian, you need to give us more time. I agree Mel shouldn’t have kicked Gus out. We were just frustrated that JR was taken into custody and they wanted to charge her with possession. I know that Gus wasn’t trying to get anybody in trouble, it was just a party that got out of control. If you make us leave we are going to need some help,” I tell him. I even make sure Brian knows that Gus just made a mistake.

 

“How about NO, or maybe, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I figure you stood there and watched our son get hurt, let your bitch of a wife kick him out, and want to follow the loser train by blaming Gus. I am going to sit at home while you figure out where to go. Scrape up some change and catch a bus like our son had to do. Tell Smelly Melly that I have pictures taken by my lawyer of Gus on the day he arrived, and in court they won’t make her look good. I will do one thing, only if you read the drug test results on JR.” Brian isn’t giving in on this.

 

“After I read it what will you do?” I’ll read it.

 

“I will pay for the treatment your daughter needs. Blake is willing to work at getting the police to get her community service transferred to his treatment center. JR is still a minor and the charges aren’t going to be steep. Blake thinks that he could work it so that it’s expunged when she turns 18. That my ONLY offer, talk it over with Mel and let Blake know. Bye now, and don’t call for any other favors.” Brian hangs up.

 

I go to see Mel and tell her what Brian said. Mel asks the officer if he can get us the information. He calls in and comes back to tell us we need to go to the station to get the particulars, but yes it’s positive. I think I picked the wrong ship to side with.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

I was willing to take a bus to JR, no one would help out with more than a few bucks. I called Emmett and asked if I could borrow his car. I also needed to borrow the money for the gas. Emmett laughed and hung up. I wanted to call Ted, but he is acting like I’m not his friend. I called Hunter but he said he needs to pay for college. I told him his sister is in trouble. Hunter told me she has been trouble for a while and to open my eyes. I hung up on him.

 

I called Justin and told him that if it was one of his children he would want people to help. Justin told me that he pays attention to his children, and would know before they needed the help. He did tell me he would let Brian know I called. Hopefully Brian will call back soon.