- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I was trying to find a way to stop the eviction. I called my parents and they told me they would send enough to get to Pittsburgh but I would need to find a place to go. I told them to send me the money. I called Ted to see if we could get the child support. I didn’t think Brian would stop the money, but he did, because Mel kicked Gus out. I would need to take JR with us, Deb wouldn’t take just me in.

 

I wonder if I could work on David. I mean Brian isn’t going to come and see we were kicked out. He is depending on David to do it. David isn’t a bad looking guy, he reminds me of Ted. I get dressed up, make sure the slit in the dress rides up my thigh. If he doesn’t offer to help, I could always seduce him.

 

As I was leaving Mel looks and asks where I am going. I told her to try to talk to David. Mel asks “How, by fucking him to submission?” Mel is still upset about the test results. She talked to JR, and JR said that she only tried it on the night of the party. They stayed in the JR’s room and talked, but I didn’t really care.

 

I called all the hotels close by and found David. I went straight to his room and knocked. He opened the door and just looked at me.

 

“David, I wanted to talk to you about the silly eviction. I thought maybe you and I could work it out. I am willing to do whatever we need in order to get Brian to change his mind. How about I come in and we talk about it?” I smile and wait for him to invite me in.

 

“David, are you going to say anything?” I ask.

 

We are both still standing in the hallway. He keeps staring at me and I can’t figure out what’s wrong. Maybe he is just considering the options.

 

“We could probably talk more privately in your room,” I tell him.

 

“I was waiting for you to show more leg. Hell Lindsay, you should have worn a trench coat, I mean are you offering yourself in exchange to keep the house, or is it more money? I need to be able to keep it straight. No, you can’t come in, and you should be making better use of your time, you only have till 9 am to get out of the house. Night now.” David tells me as he shuts the door in my face.

 

I was standing there and I hear him locking his door. Well, I’m not giving him a choice, he is going to help us. I start knocking loudly and telling him to open the door. Someone from hotel security walks up and tells me that I need to leave. I try to tell them that their hotel guest invited me but was upset with something I said. They tell me the guest called down and asked that I be removed from the hotel. Well what are we going to do now?

 

MEL’S POV

 

Linds is fooling herself if she thinks she is going to get help from David. He only looks out for his client.

 

I talk to JR when the test results are given to us. JR swears that she only tried drugs at the party. She tells me that Trace was just a friend and she didn’t know he was dealing. I ask how she met him. She says he picks up a friend after school and she was with them and met him. JR has been shaky since she got home but it’s probably from having to be in jail. I tell her that we need to make sure that she isn’t caught doing anything again. It would look bad to the DA. I ask if she understands. JR snaps and yells that I need to lay off her.

 

I need a break, I called one of the paralegals and asked if my clients could keep the eviction from happening. She said that with a lease that clearly stated without the owner in the house, the client could not live there, no not much could be done. Well, they can threaten all they want, we are not leaving. Brian owes me this house for all the pain he caused in my marriage.

 

I call Layla to see if she is free for the evening. She tells me to come over. I told her I was only going to be able to stay for a couple of hours.

 

JR’S POV

 

Mama wouldn’t stop asking questions and I need to find Trace. She walks by my room and yells that she needs to go out for a while. Thank God. I get dressed and call Trace again. He tells me he’ll fix me up, I just need to do him a favor. I tell him to come get me.

 

When I get in the car Trace tells me he needs me to deliver for him. He tells me that the police are watching the people he supplies. It was easy, I just walked over with the stuff in my purse and we exchange the stuff and they pay me. We had been going around for about an hour. I tell him I need a fix, he says after this last drop. He hands me a bigger handbag, this was his largest drop. The guy is a new dealer. I walk up and tell him I was here with Trace. The guy asks if I am a bit young to be a dealer, I lie and say that I do this all the time.

 

I look back at Trace and it’s like the world explodes. The police are everywhere. Trace is telling them he didn’t know I had drugs he was just offering me a ride. I tell them Trace didn’t tell me what was in the bag. The guy who was arresting me asks what I thought he meant when he asked if I was a dealer. I told him I want a lawyer.

 

TED’S POV

 

David calls to tell me about Linds. I guess she is willing to try anything. I tell David that I will tell Brian. Brian is in the car. He has been silent since we left the park, he keeps messing with his phone. Michael and Deb really did a number on him.

 

We are on our way to meet everyone for dinner. I should have asked Justin to let Mia or Chad ride with us. The kids can snap Brian out of a funk. Brian is looking at his phone, I hope he isn’t going to call any of them.

 

“Do you think I should get two puppies, one for Chad and one for Mia?” Brian asks.

 

I guess Brian has better things to worry about. I relax, apparently he has been checking out the puppies on his phone. Here I am worried that Michael hurt him, and he is trying to decide how many dogs he should get.

 

“I think you should ask Chad if he wants the same kind of dog. Gus actually likes cats. I think if you get them all together when they are babies they will actually get along.” I figured he is okay, forget the idiots.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I wrote Michael and the funky bunch off a long time ago. I don’t sit and worry about them. I do want to make sure Mia has her puppy. My kids make me happy and I want them happy. I was looking and thought about Chad. Chad always asks for fishing equipment but I wonder if he wants a dog. Ted made a good suggestion. I’ll talk to the boys.

 

We get to the restaurant, everyone is seated and eating. Justin asks the waitress to get Ted and me our orders. I ask Chad if he wants a dog. He says he’d like a golden retriever. He heard they like water and would probably be fun to take fishing. I should have just looked for dogs to take fishing. I turned to Gus and ask if he wants a pet too. Gus shrugs and says to animals are a lot of work. I told him if he wanted a cat they are less trouble. Gus tells me that he wouldn’t mind if I don’t.

 

“You know they shed, right Dad?” Gus the smart ass.

 

“Keep it out of my closet and we’ll be fine. I wonder if they come hairless,” I was just kidding.

 

“Sphynx do,” Justin tells us.

 

I look up the cat, It’s not pretty but no hair. I ask Gus if he wants one. He tells me sure. I look for a breeder. They cost one to two grand, but my suits cost more. I guess my day is planned and Drew tells me he wants to come.

 

I heard Ted in the car but they are no longer my problem. I figured tomorrow that we could go phone silent. I want my family to stay out of this mess. I tell Ted we offered help but they don’t want it. After tomorrow Ted can deal with them or not. Ted tells me that he’s been done since the whole thing started.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get the money to see JR. I told Mel that she works, where is the money she makes? She told me they have expenses and Gus always needed things for sports. I told her that she should have made Brian take care of that. She said she treated the children equally, unlike my best friend.

 

Ma went to talk to her manager about the whole suspension. She told me if he lifts it she could help. Ben changed his number. I was sitting reading Rage when my phone rings, it’s a number I haven’t seen before so I answer. It’s some cop in Canada saying that JR was arrested tonight for dealing and they need a parent. I tell them they must have the wrong number, my daughter is with her mothers.

 

JR gets on the phone and tells me she was set up. I ask where Linds and Mel are, she told me they left her at home. They aren’t answering so she had to call me. I get the number and tell the cop I’m going to try and reach Mel. He better treat my daughter right, Mel is a lawyer and will have their asses. He tells me to have them contact him as soon as find someone.

 

I call both numbers and no one is answering. What the hell, they left JR at home alone.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

The kids were passed out when we got home. I wanted to join them. Brian was going to work for a couple hours, then he was off for the next week. I want to do something fun for Gus. I look at my ringing phone. Michael needs to back off. Brian has been nice but he is at the end of his rope.

 

I pick up the phone and before I can say anything Michael starts, “Justin, look, all differences aside, I need you to help me get to JR. She was arrested tonight for dealing with some guy. I can’t find the girls and the cop I talked to told me that someone needs to be there. You need to help,” Michael is as demanding as ever.

 

“Amazing. Gus, the one who is being accused of causing everything, hasn’t been in trouble once. Your sweet innocent little girl lands in jail twice in one week. Are you seeing the pattern yet? Your daughter is in trouble Michael and no one else caused it, she did. Mel and Linds are completely useless, who leaves their 14 year old at home alone at night after she has already been in trouble?” I tell him hoping he sees his daughter needs help.

 

“It’s not JR, some guy who deals took her along for the ride. The police are trying to make it that she was dealing too,” Michael learned parenting from Deb.

 

“Wake up and help your kid Michael,” I tell him.


I am not going to keep arguing with him. I hang up and tell Brian what is going on. He laughs and says he wants to check if my ass got any bigger from all the junk food. I run, he chases. My family has better things to do then save the unsaveable.