- Text Size +

Brian woke up to the sound of someone rapidly knocking on the door to his suite. He cursed under his breath when he looked at the clock on the nightstand and saw that it was seven AM. He looked to his other side and smiled when he saw Justin sleeping beside him, his eyelids fluttering slightly.

Brian heard the knocking again and slowly rolled out of the bed so he would not wake Justin. After taking a hotel robe out of the closet, Brian closed the bedroom door behind him and walked out to the foyer. He looked through the peephole and saw Ted standing outside the door.

Brian unlocked the door and forcefully pulled it open. "Yes, Theodore?"

"You know, getting in touch with you is like trying to talk to the Pope!" Ted exclaimed as he pushed past Brian to walk into the suite. "I call your cell, it goes to voice mail. I call your room, it sends me to the hotel operator to take a message. I send you an email, you don't reply."

"Did you think maybe that's because I didn't want to be bothered?" Brian asked, running his hand through his disheveled hair.

Ted rolled his eyes and said, "I'm so sorry to disturb you, Sleeping Beauty, but need I remind you that we have work to do?"

"What the fuck crawled up your ass?" Brian asked as he picked up his now-dead cell phone and hooked it up to the charger that was plugged in under the desk. He sat the phone on the desk chair.

"Michael, that's what! He called me last night to say that you hung up on him, and then when he tried to call you back, the operator refused to put him through," Ted said as he sat down on the couch. "He wanted me to come up here to see what the fuck was going on, but I told him that you obviously didn't want to talk to him, and I wasn't going to risk you biting my head off if I bothered you. And then, he called me again a half hour ago and said that I'd better tell you to call him, or there was going to be major hell to pay. Whatever the fuck is going on between you and your boyfriend, you need to deal with it."

Brian glanced over at the closed door to the bedroom, hoping that Justin hadn't woken up and heard any of that. "Look, thank you for the wake-up call," he said as he grabbed onto the collar of Ted's suit jacket and shoved him towards the door. "I'll be down in the conference room at nine." Brian opened the door and practically threw Ted out of the suite.

"Christ," Brian whispered. He walked over to the room phone and ordered two breakfasts with a pot of coffee. He then opened the door to the bedroom and saw that Justin was still asleep, snoring lightly. Brian sat down beside him on the bed and took a minute to stare at the captivating young man.

Justin was not Brian's usual type. While Brian normally preferred muscular, tan, dark-haired men, he found himself undeniably attracted to the lightly-built, fair-skinned blonde from the moment he first saw him in the restaurant the day before. Although Justin didn't have much body fat or muscle, he had the most adorable bubble butt that Brian had ever had the pleasure to fuck.

In addition, he found Justin to be very witty, outgoing, and confident, and he liked talking and joking with him. Although it was common practice for Brian to throw a trick out as soon as they were done fucking, he enjoyed cuddling with Justin after they were both too exhausted to move after they finished with their nighttime mattress Olympics. He certainly had to respect a guy that had no trouble keeping up with him in bed, no matter how out-of-practice he claimed to be.

Brian had to admit that he was not ready to say adios to the blonde just yet.

He put his hand on Justin's shoulder, shaking him gently. "Wake up, Sunshine," Brian sang out.

Justin opened his eyes and smiled. "Mmm... morning, sexy,"

Brian kissed him on his forehead and said, "I ordered breakfast, it will be up soon. After that, I have to get dressed and get to work. I rented a conference room downstairs."

"Okay," Justin said as he stretched. Both men used the restroom, and room service knocked on the door a bit later. Justin put the other robe that was in the closet on and followed Brian into the living room.

They were sitting at the dining room table eating when Brian asked, "So, what were you planning on doing today?"

"I need to stop by the bank to deposit that check on the way home. I certainly don't want to carry that around for long; I've been mugged twice before."

Brian clicked his tongue and said, "Well, before I fell asleep last night, I was thinking about something. This needs to remain private until it actually happens, okay?"

"Okay," Justin said as he spread strawberry jelly on his toast.

"After I land this account, I'm planning on setting up a second office in Manhattan. Working here has always been a dream of mine and the money my company stands to bring in with this new client will make that possible."

"That's great, Brian."

Brian smiled and said, "And, it goes without saying that you have remarkable artistic talent... and I will need an art director once I get my new office up and running, which will hopefully be within the next couple of months."

Justin paused with his coffee cup to his lips. "Uh-huh?"

Brian took a deep breath. "So, I am offering the position to you. You'll be making in the six figures, as well as having a 401K, two weeks paid vacation, and full insurance benefits. I could even give you an advance to get a car and an apartment closer to the office, if you'd like."

Justin sat his cup down and huffed out a breath, blinking rapidly. "Brian... I don't have any experience in advertising."

"That doesn't matter. You will be creating and overseeing the boards for the campaigns. I have associates who create the slogans and ideas for the boards."

"But... what if you don't get the account?"

Brian snickered. "Oh, I'll get the account. But, if for some unfathomable reason I don't, I will most likely be able to open up an office here within the next year. I started my company less than a year ago, but I've been making money hand over fist. I managed to steal over half of my old clients that I brought in for my former employer, as well as signing a few new ones. Also, you'll be working pretty closely with me... sometimes long, hard hours, deep into the night..."

Justin felt Brian rub against his shin with his big toe. He smiled at Brian and sighed. "I don't know..."

"I'm meeting the client this evening for dinner to schmooze, and then we pitch our campaign to them tomorrow. We should know by Friday at the latest whether they are signing with us or not. And really, do you have any other job offers right now? Other than some old lady in the park that will give you pocket change for a drawing?"

"No..." Justin answered, biting his bottom lip.

"Well?" Brian asked as he reached across the table to put his hand on top of Justin's.

Justin sighed. "Okay."

"Great. I was also thinking... I want you to spend the week with me."

Justin smiled. "Really? The whole week?"

"Mm-hmm. I don't leave until Sunday morning. I was planning on meeting with a few of my other clients that are based here, probably catch a show Thursday or Friday evening, and then spend Saturday shopping. What do you say? Would you like to be my arm candy and fuck buddy for the week?" Brian asked, smiling.

"Uh..." Justin laughed. "Sure."

"Run back to your place and pack a bag. We'll be eating some dinners at some very upscale restaurants, so you will need to get a suit. I'll have my assistant make you an appointment at Armani, and she'll authorize you to use my charge account. My driver can take you."

Justin's eyes widened. "Armani? I... I can buy a suit at Macy's, or..."

Brian laughed for a second, and then quickly switched to a straight face. "No, you won't."

After they finished breakfast, Brian called Cynthia on her cell to set up an appointment for his "friend" at Armani, and to inform their driver that Justin would need a ride to the boutique and to his apartment to get his things for the week.

That was, not before Cynthia berated him for not returning her messages from the previous evening and for her having to put up with Michael calling her the previous night and that morning, wanting to know why the fuck her boss was being an asshole. She didn't bother to question Brian's liaison with Justin, as she knew he commonly fucked other men besides Michael, especially when he was out of town.

After Brian's phone call, the boys took a long shower together. Brian fucked Justin against the shower wall and blew him before they got out. Brian called Cynthia back, learning that she was able to get an appointment for Justin at ten, right when the store opened. Both men shaved and got dressed, and Brian gave Justin his spare room key card and passionately kissed him good-bye before heading down to the conference room.


Justin looked at himself in the full length three-way mirror as the salesgirl, Gretchen, bustled around him. Tony Bennett's classic "Rags to Riches" was playing on the store's sound system. Justin was wearing a black suit, which fit him perfectly, along with a white shirt, a black, blue, and gray striped tie, and black calf-skin leather shoes and belt. As he was putting everything on, he forced himself not to look at any visible price tags.

"Oh, Mr. Taylor, you look so delish," Gretchen said to him. "The blue in the tie makes those beautiful eyes of yours pop."

Justin couldn't deny that he did look pretty damn good in the suit, although he knew it was ridiculously expensive. What he was wearing could easily pay his rent for two months. Justin could not believe that Brian insisted on spending that kind of money on him after only knowing him for a day, no matter how rich he may have been.

Brian sent him to the boutique with strict instructions to choose two ties and two different colored shirts, as well as socks and underwear, a couple of undershirts, and a wallet. Brian informed him that they would buy him some more business-casual clothing to wear to the new office when they went shopping together that Saturday.

While Brian was on the phone with Cynthia the first time that morning, Justin snuck a look into Brian's closet, where he had hung up several pieces of Armani clothing: three suits, four ties, five collared shirts, five t-shirts, three long-sleeved shirts, four pairs of jeans, and five undershirts. He noticed three pairs of Armani shoes lined up on the floor, as well at three Armani belts hanging with the clothes.

Christ, does he not wear anything else? Justin wondered.

Even if he had not looked into Brian's closet, from the way that the sales associates at the boutique were treating him, Justin could easily guess that Brian was a frequent customer there. They knew ahead of time that his purchases that day would go onto Brian's charge account, so they were treating him like royalty.

The employees at the store had fussed over him since he walked in the door.

Good morning, Mr. Taylor.

Would you like a latte, Mr. Taylor?

We could send for some croissants and danishes if you would like, Mr. Taylor.

We hope to see you again soon, Mr. Taylor.

Once he was told that his purchases would be delivered to The Palace later that afternoon, Justin hopped back into the limo (still giddy that he was actually riding around the city in a limo) to stop by the bank to deposit the check that Brian wrote him for the portrait, and then he went to his and Daphne's apartment.


After telling the driver to go grab himself some lunch, Justin practically danced up the three flights of stairs to his apartment, despite the pain in his ass, elated that he would soon be able to move himself and Daphne into a building with an elevator.

Justin unlocked the door and let himself in. After hanging his jean jacket in the closet, he looked around the living room and kitchen and did not see Daphne, so he opened up her bedroom door and flopped onto the bed. The still-sleeping Daphne woke up gasping from Justin bouncing around on top of her.

"What? What the fuck is going on?" Daphne yelled as she pulled her eye mask off her face.

"Oh... my... God, Daph!" Justin yelled, a huge smile on his face.

"Hey, you're home. So, how'd it go last night?" Daphne asked with a mischievous smile.

All Justin could do was giggle as he lay down beside Daphne on her twin bed.

"You got fucked, didn't you?" Daphne asked, sitting up to look at Justin.

"Repeatedly."

Daphne screamed. "Oh, I knew it! Tell me everything!"

"I wish I had the time, darling, but the limo will be back soon to pick me up," Justin said, buffing his nails on his shirt.

"What?" Daphne asked, her eyes wide.

Justin sat up. "Daph, I just left the Armani store, where Brian sent me to buy a new suit."

"Nuh-uh!"

"And he wants me to spend the whole week with him!"

"No!" Daphne exclaimed, her mouth dropped open.

"And not only that... I told him I wouldn't tell anyone until he knew for sure, so you have to promise you won't tell anyone."

Daphne linked her pinky with Justin's. "I promise."

Justin pulled his hand away. "He's pitching to some big company tomorrow, and he's totally sure that he's going to get the account. And after he does, he's going to open an office here in New York in the next couple of months.

"Daph, he offered me a job as his art director, where I'll be pulling in a shit-load of money."

Daphne gasped, putting her hands over her mouth. "Please tell me you said yes."

"I said yes."

Daphne screamed again and grabbed Justin's face, kissing him on the lips. "Holy shit! That's fucking awesome!"

"Yep. I'm going to try to sell some paintings in the meantime, but," Justin said as stood up from the bed, "I've got to pack and get back to the hotel. Prince Charming is taking me to dinner at some fancy-schmancy restaurant to meet the client tonight."

"Ooh la la," Daphne said as Justin went into his room.

He changed into blue jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt and loaded a duffle bag with the nicest clothes he owned. After he grabbed some toiletries from the bathroom, he hugged and kissed Daphne good-bye, grabbed his faux leather jacket that his mom bought him for Christmas the previous year, and skipped back down the stairs to wait for the limo to take him back to the hotel.


While Justin was walking into the foyer of Brian's suite, he could faintly hear the chorus of Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes's "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" playing from somewhere in the living room. As he walked farther into the room, the song got louder.

He turned to look toward the desk and saw Brian's flip phone, which was attached to a charging cable plugged into an outlet under the desk, sitting on the desk chair. He sat his duffle bag onto the floor and picked up the phone.

The display on the outside said that a "Mikey" was calling, and then the song stopped playing as the call went to voicemail. Out of curiosity, Justin opened the phone and saw that Brian had nine missed calls, four text messages, and five voice mails.

As he went to look at the call log to see who had been calling, Justin heard the sound of the suite's door being unlocked. He quickly flipped the phone closed, sat it back on the chair where he found it, and turned around just as Brian came walking in the door.

Brian walked into the living room and smiled when he saw Justin. "Hey, I was hoping you'd be back."

Justin threw his arms around Brian's neck and planted a sloppy kiss on him. "Just got here."

Brian looked down at Justin's duffel and said, "I see you brought your stuff. Did you pick out a suit?"

"Yep, I bought everything on your shopping list. It will all be delivered later," Justin answered.

"Good. I came up to see if you wanted to go grab a quick lunch."

"Sure," Justin answered. "Uh... you left your cell phone on the charger." He pointed to the phone sitting in the chair.

Brian picked the phone up and pulled the charging cord out of it. "Ugh, this fucking thing. They only made cell phones so all the annoying assholes in your life can keep tabs on you."

Justin laughed as Brian put the phone in his suit pocket without looking to see if he had any missed calls or messages. "That reminds me, you will be getting a cell phone delivered to you later today..."