- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

David left the house in a good mood this morning. I told him I needed help in paying my employees that he wanted me to hire. He gave me a credit card and told me to just use that to pay them with. I really need to pay the rent on the store. I haven’t bothered to open it since David expects me to take care of his plans all the time.

 

I was looking at an Aqua Man original doll online. The last bid was four hundred. I bid six hundred and used David’s card to secure the bid. It would look great in my office. I go to the landlord and tell him to pay the next three months rent on the card. I feel like Brian when he shops. It’s fun having a credit card.

 

I called Kinnetik to see if Brian is there and the secretary tells me he’s in a meeting. I tell her to go tell him I’m on the phone. She tells me she can take a message but couldn’t interrupt a meeting with a new client for me. I told her my name and not to be surprised if Brian fires her for not sending me directly to him. She told me that she follows the orders she is given by the owner of the company. I told her he didn’t tell her not to put me through. She tells me that actually my name is on the list of people to only take messages from. I hung up.

 

I called to see if Emmett wanted to go out with me. Emmett told me that he was in the middle of planning a party for Drew’s team.

 

“Jesus Emmett, every time I call you always give me an excuse for not spending time with me. We used to be friends. I wanted to tell you about David and me. I’m even buying today.” I tell him.

 

“Fine, but I only have time for lunch. This party is huge and everyone who is anyone is attending. I need to make a good impression. Want to go to the diner?” Emmett asks me.

 

“Let’s go to Jordan's instead. I went there with David last night and it was really good,” I tell him.

 

“Michael unless you know Jordan personally you're not going to get in, even at lunch. Look, I’ll call and see if he can get us a table. Meet me out front in twenty minutes,” Emmett tells me.

 

Why does he act like the restaurant is so busy? It’s lunch time not dinner. I walk to Jordan’s and wait for Emmett.

 

“Michael you're lucky Jordan was in a good mood. We have a table but he told me that we can only have it for an hour. Let’s go,” Emmett hurries me in.

 

We were ushered to the back of the restaurant.

 

“You should have told them you were Drew’s boyfriend. I bet we would have gotten a better table,” I tell Emmett.

 

“Michael, I could drop George Clooney’s name and we’d still be at this table. Let’s order and you can talk while we eat,” Emmett tells me.

 

We order and I tell Emmett about David and me. We keep getting interrupted by people coming to talk to Emmett about planning a party. I was getting frustrated. I want to tell him about how great my life has been.

 

“Emmett could you ask people to talk to you when you're at work. I can’t even tell you about Lisa and Alan, they are friends of David’s,” We get interrupted again.

 

I was looking around the restaurant. I see Justin come in with a guy and they are seated at the front. I’ve never seen that guy. I wonder what Justin is up to now.

 

“Michael, lunch was great but I really have to go,” Emmett gets up and walks out.

 

I pay for lunch and walk towards the restrooms to see if I can get a better look at the guy. Justin is all smiles and the conversation is really animated. I take a couple pictures with my phone. Brian will want to see this. A guy comes to the table and leans and whispers into Justin’s ear. Justin smiles at him and kisses him on the cheek. I take a picture, it looks like Justin is kissing him on the mouth. I couldn’t pay money for this to happen. Wait till Brian sees this. I send them to Brian’s phone. I texted Brian that ‘Boy Wonder must still think you two have an open relationship’.

 

I left the restaurant and wanted to go to Kinnetik. I wanted to see Brian’s reaction to the photos. I was getting out of a cab when I see Brian and some guy getting into Brian’s car. I take a picture of that and send it to Justin. I type ‘Brian sure can pick hot men.’ I think this has been my lucky day.

 

Well Justin can’t dispute a picture. I left feeling great and decided shop at the store David bought my suits at. I think a few new suits are in order.

 

JUSTIN

 

Brian called me and asked me to take a client’s son to lunch. Lee Branson is an art major and wanted interview me for his paper. I figure, if his father wants to pay Brian ten million for a campaign, I can do an interview.

 

I called and asked Jordan if we could get a table for four. Lee and I will be together for the first hour so he can interview me. Brian and Lee’s dad are meeting us here after their meeting. Lee’s interview was fun. He is in his second year at PIFA. He and I talked about teachers we have in common. He asked why I never finished school and I told him about Stockwell and Rage - the Movie.

 

Jordan came to the table and tells me that he made the Baked Sea Bass for Brian, and I kissed him. Brian loves Sea Bass, but unless Jordan can get it fresh, it’s rarely on the menu. Brian is going to owe me big for this. Brian and Jared Branson finally arrive. Jared asked his son if he got what he needed. Lee told his dad he actually got more. Brian hands me his phone and tells me to check out the text and pictures. I hand him my phone and tell him to do the same.

 

BRIAN

 

I walked out of the meeting with Branson Auto, we signed a five year deal to market them across the country. Candice, my PA, hands me my messages and tells me Michael called. I tell her not to worry about giving me those messages.

 

Jared Branson called me and asked if Justin could meet with his youngest son. Lee is an art major at PIFA. Jared said that his son is a big fan of Justin’s art, and has to write a paper on an artist. I asked Justin to take him to lunch.

 

Jared and I were meeting them at the restaurant. I notice a text on my phone and open it. Mikey took pictures of Lee, Justin, and Jordan. I read the text. Michael is such an amatur. When we get to the restaurant, I hand Justin the phone and he hands me his. I told Justin I give him free rein on Michael.

 

Justin slaps Mikey off like a mosquito. He said Michael’s escapades don’t deserve a Justin special.

 

DAVID

 

Michael was extra inventive last night and I left in a good mood this morning. My first client asked if I read the paper this morning and I told her I haven’t had time. She told me there was an article about the art show at the Bloom Gallery. I decided to read it later. I have back to back appointments today.

 

Alan called and asked if we could have lunch today. I told him I could if he made it a late lunch. We met up at 2pm.

 

“David, I don’t like getting involved in your personal relationships, but you need to get Michael under control. Last night I was talking to Brian Kinney about a campaign for my sporting goods chain. I was also buying a painting for Lisa’s birthday. Michael comes up and interrupts the conversation. It was rude, and then he starts insulting the painting that I was buying.” Alan tells me. Brian did call me this morning though, and told me that he would schedule an appointment.

 

“I’ll speak to him about it. Michael sometimes doesn’t realize what he’s saying,” I tell him.

 

We finish lunch and I promise that I will speak to Michael so he won’t do that again. I got back to my office and my assistant told me I needed to read the paper. I grab it and noticed it was about Justin. Apparently Michael opened his mouth again. I sound like an aging club boy. Of course, the fact that Michael helped his father undress is just the topping on my day. I tell my assistant I’m leaving after the last appointment at four. A guy comes in for an adjustment and tells me he would have voted me to win the King of Babylon. I adjust his back and leave.

 

I get home ready to kill Michael, and he’s not home. I call his phone and get sent to his voicemail. I really just need to get out of here before I say anything. I think it’s time for me to talk to Ben. I have a feeling there are things that I don’t know. I go to the house that Michael lived in and knock. The door opens and there is the man Michael married.

 

“Can I help you?” Ben asks.

 

“We haven’t met, but I’m David Cameron,” I tell him.

 

“Ben. But I assume you and Michael are together now. Why are you here?” Ben asks.

 

I tell him that I need the truth about Michael and I don’t think Michael will tell me. Ben asks me in. We sit down and he tells me all about the lost years. I ask about Hunter, and Ben gives me the whole story and I tell him that at least he is trying to make up for not being a good father. I thank him for his time and give him my card if he needs anything from me.

 

On the drive home I wonder if Michael has told me the truth about anything. I couldn’t ask any of his friends because apparently he doesn’t have any. Even his mother doesn’t want to speak to him. I think it’s time for Michael to move out. After what Ben told me, I don't want Michael around me or Hank.

 

MICHAEL

 

I stored all the stuff I bought today at the shop. I didn’t want to bring it all in at once. I think I spent too much, but if it only comes home a little at a time David won’t figure it out. I was waiting all day for Brian to call me. I tried to call him a few times but he never answered. I even called Ted and he told me to stop bothering everyone at Kinnetik.

 

I called Mel and told her that I want JR this weekend and she told me to get her from my mother’s house. I told Mel to stop being a bitch and that she needed to drop JR off at David’s house. Mel said to have my father call her and she would arrange the play date with David. I told her to fuck off and have my kid here or else. I need to tell David how they make it impossible for me to see my daughter.

 

I call Brian again and get voicemail. Brian needs to call me. It was time to get home anyway. On the way, I receive a picture message from Justin. I opened it and it was a picture of Brian kissing Justin’s ass. The text said that he would have told me to kiss his ass but prefers Brian to do it.