- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you for staying with me and all the comments.

EPILOGUE

 

BRIAN

 

Michael’s trial was finished in under two hours. Michael proved to be the ADA’s best witness. She had Detective Reese testify, he read the transcripts of the interview. After that it was pretty much over except for the sentencing. Michael was asked if he wanted to address the court.

 

“I want to say that none of this would have happened if Justin Taylor hadn’t ruined my marriage. He told my ex-husband about my affair and I was forced to find a new place to go. Then David Cameron wanted me to keep his house and entertain his friends. I was trying to keep Justin from lying to a reporter at the art show, and I mentioned the facts of his life. Then the reporter put stuff in there about David and he used that as a reason to end our relationship. My friends abandoned me and I was forced to depend on David for support. David only brought this case against me because he was upset and wanted to punish me for leaving him. See, so none of this is my fault. Justin started it all just because he wanted my best friend Brian all for himself, and so he has tried to ruin my life,” Michael whines and nods at the jury.

 

We sat there trying to figure out what the hell that speech was about. After the sentencing, which was only a month with probation, Mel asked Michael’s lawyer why he let Michael make a speech. The lawyer told her he wrote a speech for Michael, to apologize to David Cameron. Michael apparently thought he could do better.

 

The gang decided to go to P-Town, with our partners this time. We all had a good time. Gus and JR loved the beach.

 

JR doesn’t notice Michael isn’t around. Linds said he would have had to be around in the first place for her to miss him.

 

David is seeing a guy that he met at his office. I wonder if David is too lazy to do any looking for a partner.

 

Ben and Hunter are doing better now that Ben is no longer living in Stepford house. He sold it and moved near his college campus. He started seeing another college professor. We still talk once in awhile, but I don't think anyone was willing to forget that he was helping Michael act like an ass.

 

Deb was still on the 'Mikey needs to stop depending on other people' soapbox. She now devotes her time to her grandchildren. Carl said she watched Michael blame everyone else for his problems and said she saw that she taught him to be that way. She hopes that with no one willing to excuse him, Michael will grow up.

 

Justin is packing a picnic to take to the park. If you think he’s planning a family outing, think again. Justin and Blake go to the park and feed the prisoners on the work release program. Justin and Blake said it was 'be kind to the prisoners day'. I notice that the food Justin packs is always things Michael told us he hates. Justin is even feeding the officers watching the convicts.

 

MICHAEL

 

I always get assigned the work detail of cleaning the park. I told the officers and the other guys it’s a conspiracy. The real convicts told me to shut up, they want to see what Justin and Blake are bringing for lunch.

 

I first thought that they were trying to make it up to me for not helping when I got in trouble, but now I think it’s Blake and Justin being assholes. They bring the guys these gourmet foods and I get a peanut butter and banana sandwich, with a tropical fruit cup and a Coke. Justin knows I like Pepsi.

 

Justin also knows I don’t like that sandwich, he is the one that eats that crap. Everytime I start to complain, the other guys tell me to shut up. They like the food. I was whining about how my friends abandoned me because of those two. The other guys said they understand why my old friends did that.

 

Justin and Blake know all of them, I didn’t bother to find out their names. I’m only in here for a week longer and I’m not really a criminal. Why would I want to associate with them. Blake even offered them jobs at the rehab he works for. I asked why he hadn’t offered me a job. Blake said, in front of everyone, the point of rehab is getting people clean, not making them want to do drugs. All the others agreed. I hate Blake.

 

One of the officers told me he was sad that I was being released soon. I asked if it was because I was such a good worker. He said no, it’s because Blake and Justin might stop coming and feeding everyone. Fucking Justin and Blake.

The End.
starlight is the author of 43 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 28 members. Members who liked Friends Like Us. also liked 932 other stories.