- Text Size +

 

 

JUSTIN

 

 

We get to the airport to pick up the kids and the girls. Brian is ready for Gus time. We are going to take him to the zoo tomorrow. Gus and JR run to us and we have a group hug. Linds and Mel are behind them.

 

I tell them we are going to dinner at Deb’s and then to the house. Mel tells us that Michael called and said he has a dinner party to go to tonight and will check in tomorrow about JR. He told Mel that until everyone started whining to come home, he had plans to be with them. Since they were supposed to be gone for a week, he didn’t make any plans for JR.

 

Brian asks why he had plans for tonight if they weren’t supposed to be home. Mel rolled her eyes and said he was pissy on the phone with her. Linds asked if he was giving me trouble again. I asked her when he hasn’t, and tell her the newest one is Michael trying to set Brian up with this guy Kevin.

 

“It was sad Linds. Kevin followed me into a bathroom and asked if Brian and I were committed to each other. Michael told him that we were breaking up and that Brian would be perfect for him.” I tell her at the luggage claim.

 

“I can’t believe this, I mean I thought Michael and you got along. At least you did before we left. Did he actually bring a guy to set up Brian with, in front of you?” Linds asks.

 

“We didn’t invite Michael. We think he must have seen us go into Woody's. He shows up, then Ben shows up with Kevin. Michael introduces everyone but me, snubs Ted and Blake, then tries to get Brian to play pool with him and Kevin. Ben tried to play it off as Kevin misunderstanding Michael. I told Ben to ask the guy. Ben needs to stop playing Switzerland and tell Michael this shit has to stop.” I tell her.

 

We get in the car and drive to Deb's. When we get there, the kids are climbing all over Carl.

 

MEL

 

I asked Deb why Michael wasn’t at dinner tonight. JR would have liked to see him. Linds and I are going to tell everyone that we are moving back. Michael will act like an ass if he isn’t told.

 

“I told Michael that he and Ben could come, but I don’t want his friends here. Eli and Monty are snobs and treat people like shit. I was finally invited to their house for dinner and Monty wanted to know why I didn’t dress for dinner. I told him I was invited to my son’s house, not to Buckingham Palace. I didn’t know that I needed to wear fucking pearls. Then, Michael decreed that I needed an invitation to come over to their house after I told Monty to fuck off. I told Michael that he would need to remove the logs from all their asses before they come to mine.” Deb tells me.

 

I’ll be honest, I think Eli and Monty are jackasses too. They remind me of Tannis, “We need to show the world that gays are just like straight people.” I told her that my mother never muff dived, so there is a difference. Linds can deal with them, she doesn’t want to, but she had to put up with people like them when she lived with her parents. She said between her and Justin they could out WASP them. We usually have to go on at least one outing with the two. Michael likes to play family with them. Brian and I just start drinking early. When we're drunk, they're tolerable.

 

“I was hoping Michael would be here for our announcement. I guess he’ll just have to get it second hand. I got offered a partnership here and we've decided to move back.” I was pulled into a Deb hug.

 

Dinner was the same craziness we always had. Tonight was like a family, we just talked and joked around.

 

When we were around Monty and Eli I've noticed that Michael and Ben want to discuss improving the community. Michael will interrupt conversations and say something he probably read and tried to coach himself on to sound intelligent. Usually Ted or Justin have to explain to him what he was trying to pretend to know.

 

We discuss where we are looking for a house. Brian tells me that he will let us use the loft for when I need to be in town. Otherwise we could stay with them till we find a house.

 

BRIAN

 

We go home with the kids and Justin tells Deb that since I was home early that we could have a party at the house. I prefer to do it at our house, there is a pool and tennis courts and a large area so we can spread out. It also limits who can come. Deb tells Justin she’ll come tomorrow night and stay so the adults can go out. Deb asks Justin to call Jen and see if she and Tucker want to have a grandparents night.

 

Justin and I tuck Gus and JR in and go sit with the girls. I want to help with the house. This is for Gus too.

 

“I want us to be in the Pitts, it would be to far for us to be out here. I was looking in the Squirrel Hill area, it puts some distance from Michael, but close enough to Deb that she can help when we need her to.” Linds tells us.

 

Justin tells Linds to call his mom, she can arrange for houses the girls could look at while they are free of the kids this week. Mel wanted to have Linds stay here with the kids, she would get them moved. I told Mel that we could help her. I’m off until Gus was supposed to go home. Ted is working, but Blake would be willing to help.

 

She told me she would let me know about it. Justin and Linds get up to go to his studio. He wanted Linds to see his new pieces.

 

“What is really going on with Michael? I know you told me that he’s calling you all the time, and telling you it’s an emergency, but you get there and it’s something Ben could have handled.” Mel asks me.

 

“The last time it was a flat tire. He told me that he had an accident and I left Justin’s show to go help. When I got there and all he had was a flat tire, I called Triple A and returned to the gallery. Justin was angry and went home. Emmett was talking to Justin when I got home. I know Justin was pissed about it. I really think that that time Em kept him from packing his bags.” I tell Mel.

 

“Brian, Linds used to do this all the time to you. She would call you and just want you to tell her what to do. It caused a lot of our problems. Not that you came over, but she talked to you and not me. Canada made us see that we could talk to each other. Maybe that is what Michael needs.” Mel tells me.

 

“I would suggest moving to Canada, but Michael probably wouldn’t go.” I joke. “Mel, if it was just the calls interrupting Justin and I, that would be one thing. The trip to P-town is what brought it home. We thought it would be fun to have everyone go. Michael wanted it to be the four amigos. Justin, Blake, and Drew don’t even want to spend time with Michael, so they didn't care. I thought Michael was bad with Dr David. Monty makes me miss David. Justin told me to go because he is trying not to tell Michael off. When we got there, Michael told me that I better have brought condoms for all the hot guys. Justin and I stopped having an open relationship because we were ready to be exclusive, Michael knows that. Michael constantly tries to push me at other guys. I don’t really care what Michael thinks, or care for his opinions. Then, this Kevin thing. Justin did say something, but he didn’t make as big of a scene as he could have. I think Justin was pissed at Ben for trying to protect Michael.” I tell Mel.

 

“Why does he have a problem with Justin now? I mean, I thought they got along.  It’s like the Michael when Justin first came along.” Mel comments.

 

“I know I tend to not call Michael and Ben when we go out. Michael keeps trying to include the happy homo’s from next door. I don’t like having them around. They insult Deb, and Michael lets it slide. Em and Justin end up insulting them. It’s easier to not include them.” I tell Mel.

 

We go to find our partners and we agree to do the Zoo in the morning and get everyone together for dinner that night.

 

MICHAEL

 

I wanted to go to Ma’s but Eli wanted to have Ben and I over for dinner. I called Mel to tell her they could come too. Monty likes Linds. Mel said the kids wanted to see Deb. What about me? They should want to spend time with adults.

 

Monty pulled me to the side and told me that I needed to apologize to Kevin. He was embarrassed that I lied to him about Brian being available. Ben looks at me. I tell Monty I just wanted to find Brian someone he could be proud to be seen with. I just felt that Kevin would be a good influence on Brian.

 

Monty told me that I needed to see that Brian was undesirable as a friend. He thinks that I should cut Brian out of my life because he is a bad influence on young gays. Instead of a dance club that promotes drugs and sex, Brian should have opened a wine bar with a good atmosphere, where people could discuss the issues that affect us. Eli tells us that if I had encouraged Kevin to ask Justin out, they would have helped.

 

Eli asked if we wanted to be Peter Pans or to help promote family oriented communities. Ben told Eli that people can do both and still live good lives. Eli told Ben that he wanted his children to not view being gay as being promiscuous. He looked at me and asked if I agree. I nodded.

 

After dinner Ben and I went home. I can make them like Brian. Brian is rich and has influence, they just need to see that.

 

BEN

 

You ever feel like a total asshole? I do. I listen to Eli and Monty talking to Michael, it’s like boot camp for growing the right gay. “We make you stronger, faster, and less gay, so straight people everywhere are fooled.” Should be their motto.

 

I want Michael and I to have a life outside the clubs. I don’t think clubs are the big evil. It’s just that our life was going out every night and partying. When we walked around with Monty and Eli, Michael liked the new neighborhood and we were thrilled to have friends who wanted to live in family atmospheres.

 

The first time we had them over, Brian showed up at dinner and made fun of everything. Michael blamed Justin, who actually made Brian stop. I did think Eli and Monty went too far, but Brian could’ve resisted taunting them.

 

 

JUSTIN

 

We were just about to go to bed when Michael called Brian and said he needed to talk to him. Brian told him to call in the morning. Michael told him he needed him now and they could meet at the diner. Brian told Michael he had a phone number that Michael needs to put in his phone. He recited a set of numbers to Michael, told Michael to use them and hung up.

 

I was sitting there trying to figure out the numbers, I blame it on being tired. It was I-800-382-5633. I was looking at my phone and was going to dial when it finally comes to me. I wonder if Michael is going to figure it out, or if he’s gonna scratch his head all night trying to. I started laughing.

 

“You expect Michael to solve that. I admit it took me a second but I was looking for some kind of smart ass reply to him. When did you memorize the numbers for “Fuck Off”? I ask Brian.

 

“After the whole Kevin thing. I thought about giving him Ben’s number, since they are married and Michael needs to talk to his husband, but he would get that.” Brian tells me.

 

MICHAEL

 

I sat at the diner trying to figure out why Brian gave me an eight hundred number. I couldn’t figure it out. I asked Kiki what she thought. She laughed and asked who I pissed off. The words are in the numbers, Fuck off.

 

I wanted to talk to Brian and tell him that Kevin would be a good person to have in our group. Brian just needed to get to know him. My old friends act like I’m not good enough anymore. If Brian and Kevin got together, everyone would have to depend on me to invite them over.

 

I tried to call Kevin and apologize, but he told me he couldn’t be friends with someone who lies to everyone. I told him Brian doesn’t know how to let Justin down, and if he was interested in someone he would end the relationship. Kevin told me if I was talking about the same people he went to Babylon with, I needed to talk to a psychiatrist. He also told me if was going to ask anyone out, it would have been either Justin or Blake. Kevin told me he doesn’t play childish games and that I need to get a life.

 

Monty and I talked, I told him I felt that Brian only acts out because of Justin. Monty told me that Justin is the kind of person Monty wouldn’t be embarrassed to be seen with. He hoped that I would have better judgement in who my friends are.

 

 

Ben wasn’t thrilled about the whole thing with Kevin. Ben is the one who wanted us to be in a neighborhood with Monty and Eli. I wanted to show my friends they should model themselves after us. Ted keeps running after Blake. Ted being a CFO is impressive, but Blake working with a bunch of losers brings Ted down. Emmett at least has someone famous we can introduce around. I know Justin is making it as an artist, but he never invites me and my friends to his shows. Monty and Eli keep telling me that I need to get us invited to the openings. Brian said that inviting Monty and Eli will never happen.

 

I guess I better get home, I told Ben I was going to see JR.