- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

MEL

 

You know, Justin always seems so even tempered. I think we just learned today that he holds back. I stood next to Brian, ready to defend Justin, while Michael was pointing all the blame at him. I didn’t expect what happened at all.

 

Linds and the kids were looking at the monkeys and I told her Michael and Ben would probably feel safer behind a glass sound proof cage if they ever go after Justin again. Justin came straight here and started playing with the kids. Brian and I hung back, because neither of us were sure how Justin was going to feel after that.

 

Brian caught up to Justin and picked him up, kissing the breath out of him. Then they grabbed the kids and started looking around. I told Linds to hang back, I needed to tell her what just happened. When I finished, Linds asked why we are surprised. Justin was only holding back because Michael and Ben never insulted all of us at once.

 

Ben surprises me the most, he wouldn’t have let Michael act like that years ago. Now he seems like he no longer has an opinion. Maybe it is what Justin said, Ben wanted Michael to stop chasing Brian and when they moved he was trying to cater to Michael because Michael distanced himself from Brian. Too bad we didn’t tape Justin’s rant. The gang could play it every time Michael opens his mouth.

 

BRIAN

 

I was ready to tell them all what I think of the shit that Michael pulls, but Justin beat me to it. I wanted to handle Mikey. It’s time he understands that none of his original friends were going to listen to him berate Justin and Blake anymore. I was done saving a friend who tells us we need to live our lives the way he lives his. I stood there and listened to three years of frustration come out of Justin’s mouth. And I have to say, I don’t deserve him. I let Mikey play the same games as Ben does. Justin deserves to come before my friends, because unlike Mikey, he protects the people he loves.

 

I know I told him not to hold back anymore, but I never expected Justin to go supernova on Michael and company. It was really hot. I think the part that surprised me the most was that once he was done he smiled and walked away like nothing had just happened. I need to learn how to do that.

 

I needed to show Justin that I approved, so I kissed the shit out of him. I watched him all afternoon to see if he was hiding his feelings or upset at all about what had happened, but all I got was happy Sunshine. Mel and Linds asked to be dropped off at Ted’s. I know Mel wants to tell Ted. I don’t blame her. I told Linds to make sure they told Emmett, I wanted it out of the way before we had dinner tonight.

 

Justin and I were keeping the kids with us until the grandparents came over. I really wanted to make the girls take them, because I wanted to let Justin have at me. I think I was hard through the whole thing. Alas, the kids have to come first.

 

TED

 

Mel called and asked if Blake and I were home. I told her we weren’t going out till tonight with them. Mel told me she and Linds wanted to come over and tell us about the zoo. Linds added that I should call Emmett, he would want to know too. Why would we care about a kids' day at the zoo?

 

I called Emmett and said to just humor the girls. Emmett got here a few minutes after the girls. Mel looked like she wanted to explode. Linds tells us Mel saw first hand what we were going to be told. Mel tells us the story and I know I was shocked. Justin, not Brian did that.

 

“Ted, you think I wasn’t shocked. We’ve known Justin eight years and he normally tries to talk to you, but Ben kept on about how Justin was acting like a child, and that he and Michael should act like adults. I wanted to smack Michael when he first came up and started in on Justin, because Linds and I were the ones who decided to take JR with us and not call Michael. Michael was throwing all the blame on Justin and very little on us. Then Ben started taking shots at Justin. That was something I’ve never seen Ben do before.” Mel tells us.

 

“I can tell you that Justin’s told me he never says anything because Brian usually does it for him. Michael takes pot shots at Justin and me all the time. Justin and I learned to ignore him and just stay away from him.” Blake says.

 

“I think that Baby would have left it alone if Ben hadn’t gotten involved and used Michael’s tactic of blaming everyone else. Before the move to the new place, Ben wouldn’t have been okay with Michael acting like this. You girls haven’t been around enough to see the way Michael acts. Now it’s like Ben wanted Michael to distance himself from Brian, so he encourages Michael behavior.” Emmett tells everyone.

 

“What was weird is that Justin never yelled or even raised his voice, he talked down to Ben and Michael. Michael was the one getting loud and whiny. When it was over as far as Justin was concerned, he practically skipped off smiling.” Mel tells us.

 

“I would have loved to see Eli’s face when Justin said Monty was getting extra marital dick. He must of looked like he swallowed a lemon.” Blake is enjoying this way too much.

 

“You know I was in awe, Justin was defending all of us. It wasn’t about just him or Brian, but the whole group. Brian looked like he was about to say something, but Justin just kept going. Ben even tried to interrupt, until Justin mentioned the part about Michael and Monty, and then he was stony silent. Michael even tried to blame Ben for the affair.” Mel tells us.

 

“Ben should rethink his life. I mean yes, Michael and Monty do all the talking, but Ben helps by trying to smooth things over all the time. We stopped inviting them out because I won’t make Blake sit through the Michael’s idea of a joke at our expense.” I tell them.

 

Emmett tells the girls he’ll drive them to Britin. Emmett probably wants to check on Justin.

 

JUSTIN

 

I didn’t want to say anything about Michael and Monty. Ben should have found that out without my help. I think that it was the way Ben sat and made it my fault. I wonder when Ben became Mikey Jr. I can handle the snide comments and the rude behavior towards me, but the minute he started on JR, it was over for me.

 

Michael telling JR if she wanted to see him she had to come right then reminded me of my dad. I could be in my dad’s life if I towed the line. That isn’t something I want JR or Gus to ever feel. It’s shitty to do to any kid. It’s also what made me lay it all out there in the end. Ben acting like a shit didn’t help either.

 

JR loves her dad, and he tells her that if she doesn’t come now, he won’t see her; was he kidding me. Brian hasn’t always been a great father, but if Gus needs him he will drop everything for his son. In my book, he's redeemed himself for the early years.

 

I know that Mel is probably telling everyone, but hopefully we can let it go after today. I don’t want to constantly be at war with Michael. I want Michael to know that my silence is no longer on the table. If he wants to keep messing with the gang, I’ll keep putting the man of small brains in his place.

 

I told Mel that they should let Deb know. I know Michael is going to run to his mommy. I hope he doesn’t expect much from her. He expects her to thank him when he wants to see her, then let’s his friends make fun of her. Deb loves her son, but since the way Michael acted when she and Carl started dating, she isn’t as understanding anymore. She told me that she let him get away with things because she always felt she needed to make up for him not having a father and that they were poor. I told her that she kept a roof over his head and accepted him, that was more than my rich father did for me.

 

I know the Hunter thing was a low blow. Hunter left the house because Michael told the happy homos that he and Ben wanted to do their part in helping the needy. Hunter told Deb that Michael said that is why they adopted him. When Hunter asked Michael what he meant, he said it was a joke. Hunter had enough and told Ben and Michael he was leaving. Ben told him to stay, that Michael shouldn’t have said it. Monty told Hunter he should be grateful that Michael kept him from having to continue prostitution.

 

Hunter lived with Deb and Carl till he got into college at Penn state. Carl is paying for Hunter’s living expenses and Ted helped Hunter get scholarships that paid all the fees. Brian was willing to foot the whole bill, but Carl said it was his grandson and he wanted to help him. Brian respected Carl’s decision, but told Hunter to call if he needed something Carl might not be able to do easily. I stopped respecting Ben at that moment. He is the one who wanted to be there for Hunter, but hasn’t offered any help because Michael is mad that Hunter went to Deb.

 

I know that I probably made it worse with Michael, but he isn’t smart enough to make a plan that will work. Michael can keep trying to get Brian to dump me, but I’m done sitting still and allowing Michael to get away with it without fighting back anymore.

 

MICHAEL

 

Ben told me to he wanted me out of the house. I told him that I forgave the steroid use, he should forgive me for one little mistake. Ben is always at work, I got lonely.

 

“Lonely. How is that possible? You were either running after Brian all day, or apparently fucking Monty. Me, I was working to pay the bills on this house and your store. I guess I should have let us lose everything, just so you wouldn’t be lonely. Fuck you, Michael. Justin is right, I sat here and let you act like a dick to everyone we knew, and when they didn’t want us around, I was mad that they treated your fuckbuddy like shit. How long has it been going on Michael?” Ben asks me.

 

“Why do you want to know? I mean you should be pissed that Justin talked to us like that. It’s his fault you found out. We can work through this Ben.” I tell him.

 

“I think that you should find your buddy, and you guys can see how Eli feels about ‘working through it’, then multiply that by a thousand, and you have how I feel. I want you out of my house. You can pick up your things as long as I’m not home. I want your key left here when your stuff is out. I’m glad I never put your name on the house, it makes it easier to kick you out.” Ben tells me.

 

I leave the house and look over and see Eli throwing stuff out the front door at Monty. The other neighbors are watching and wondering what happened. Eli sees me.

 

“Michael, I hope you rot in hell. You ruined my family. Until you and Ben moved here we were happy, but you couldn’t have that could you? You had to fuck my husband and you think you can quietly leave. Well everyone, just so you know, Michael and Monty are lying cheating bastards.” Eli yells to all the neighbors.

 

I get out of there, they act like they are all innocent too. I’m not the only one, and I wanted to tell them I know who they are fucking too. They out number me though, and I don’t think I’m up to another fight today.

 

Justin is going to get his. I was going to keep suggesting to Brian that he should look for someone who equals him in success and reputation. Instead, I am going to make Justin doubt everything about Brian until he finally leaves. I’ll get my best friend back, and since it’s most likely over with Ben, we can start looking for new guys together. It will be the Brian and Mikey show again.

 

I also need to spend some time with JR. Justin made me look bad. Mel needs to remember I have partial custody and I can make them bring JR from Canada if they want to fuck with me. I need to tell Ma what happened before they make it sound like any of it was my fault.

 

BEN

 

I watched as Eli yelled at Michael and I was kind of disappointed. Eli should have called Justin. I’m ashamed of my behavior, I have a lot to make up for. Not just to the gang, but to Hunter. I let him walk away again because Michael was being an asshole.

 

Hunter didn’t mind people knowing that he was a street kid and that we took him in. He told me what pissed him off is that we told Monty and Eli he was a whore. I told Hunter we shouldn’t have said anything. Michael probably let it slip.

 

“How does that work Ben? Was it ‘here is our son Hunter. We decided that there was one too many whores outside our apartment and picked one to take in out of the kindness of our hearts.’ I don’t really see how you work that in a conversation Ben.” Hunter yelled.

 

“Hunter you don’t need to be ashamed of your past. I’m sure they don’t think badly of you.” I told him.

 

“Ben, they are condescending assholes, they look down on everyone. Unless you're kissing their asses, you're not worthy to lick their shoes. I can’t stay here and deal with them.” Hunter told me.

 

Hunter left that day, and the only reason we know anything about him is because Carl likes to brag about his grandson. I think it’s time to fix my relationships with people who I treated like shit and hope they can forgive me.

 

DEBBIE

 

Emmett came in the house and was talking almost from the minute he came in. My Sunshine finally stopped letting Michael act like a shit. Ben also got a shot in the ass. It’s about time. I can’t say I didn’t see it coming. Michael needs to realize that being a snob wasn’t going to make Brian want to be around him.

 

I stopped defending Michael when he didn’t stand up for Hunter, but for Monty and Eli. I stopped defending Ben and Michael when they started snubbing everyone. Why did they insist on trying to force their lifestyle on everyone else? No one sat there and said they couldn’t have other friends, just that they didn’t like the other friends.

 

Michael was trying to include the disapproving twosome in the gang’s life. Brian told Michael not to bring Monty and Eli around if he wanted to hang out with them, but Michael kept bringing them. I told the boys to stop inviting Michael and Ben to things and they would get the message.

 

Emmett told me Michael would probably come here tonight looking for sympathy. I told Emmett I needed a ride to Britin. I’ll call Carl and have him meet me out there. Michael doesn’t need to come to me for sympathy, I have none to give him.