- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

I called Ma to see if I could stay with her until I figure out where to stay. Carl answered and told me they were going to Brian’s house to take care of the kids tonight. Then he said that they wouldn’t be home till tomorrow some time and I could stay at the shop tonight.

 

“Why are you guys taking care of the kids tonight?” I ask Carl.

 

“Your mother offered so the adults could have a night out together.” Carl tells me.

 

“Did they tell you where they are going?” I hope they did.

 

“No. I didn’t ask. You could call them.” Carl tells me.

 

I told him I must have forgotten. Well, they are probably going to Woody’s and Babylon. I’m going to give my side to everyone. Brian was standing there the whole time but he didn’t say anything. I think he probably couldn’t believe Justin was doing that. I should have stayed to see what Brian had to say to Boy Wonder. He probably tore him a new one for saying those things about me. Chasing Ben got me nowhere.

 

I call Emmett, to see if I can find out where they are going tonight.

 

“Emmett, hey, you won’t believe what Justin pulled today. I mean, he acted like an ass in front of everyone, and then out of spite told Ben I cheated on him. You and Drew should watch out, he might cause a scene and embarrass you.” I tell him.

 

“Michael, I could have had a little respect for you if you cheated with Eli, at least he is better looking but Monty, really Michael. As far as Justin causing a scene, that’s what you do. Every time we go out you act as if we are beneath your notice. We like to have fun; you like to spout what we are doing wrong. Why did you think we all stopped inviting you guys out? Not just Justin or Blake, all of us. I’ll tell you why. We were thinking that we would all rather join ‘See the Light’ than hang out with you and your disapproving new friends. Have y’all forgiven each other and sang songs of forgiveness yet?” Emmett tells me and then hangs up.

 

Justin must have gotten to them first. Well, at least I can try to talk to Brian alone. I headed to Woody’s and stayed for a couple hours but they didn’t show up. I went to Babylon and asked the doorman if Brian was there. He told me to pay the entrance fee when I get to the head of the line, but I needed to get in line. I tried to tell him I’m best friends with Brian. He told me most people try that line on him. I tell him he needs to call inside and tell Brian I’m out here or he could lose his job. He points to the end of the line.

 

I tried calling the bar phone, but apparently everybody is new. I told the bartender to get Brian to answer the phone. He said that his job was serving drinks not looking for my boyfriend. I told him I was talking about his boss, Brian Kinney. The bartender snorted and hung up.

 

Fuck. This line is full of people who could never get in. I head to the back and try to squeeze to the front. The guy tells me to go to the end. Well, if Brian hasn’t made it in there yet, at least I will see them when they arrive.

 

BRIAN

 

I took us to a pizza and wing bar. Justin deserves to have what he likes to eat. When we got there Drew and Ted told Justin they were buying so he stays happy with them. Justin was blushing.

 

“What do you guys want to do tonight?” I ask.

 

“I kind of want to dance, Mel and I haven’t done that in years.” Linds tell us.

 

“You guys want to go to Babylon?” Justin asks. He loves to dance.

 

“That would be fun. We don’t have to be anywhere and the girls can crash at our house.” Drew said.

 

We agree to go to Babylon. I think that Justin and I can have a night at the loft to play all kinds of games. We were kind of early, this is normally the time we would go to Woody’s, but we figured this way we could hang out without the crowd here first. It started to get busy. I was on the catwalk with Ted and Drew, the others were dancing.

 

“Justin finally said something to Michael?” Drew asked.

 

“Justin said a lot more than something, if what Mel said was true.” Ted tells him.

 

“Emmett told me most of it. Michael is really fucking around on Ben?” Drew asks.

 

“Yep. Apparently Justin caught them about a month ago, never said a word to anyone.” Ted tells us.

 

“Michael always underestimates Justin. Justin will see and do things and you will never find out. If Ben hadn’t acted like an ass, Justin wouldn’t have told him anything. I found out by accident that Justin saved my ass while I was still denying I had any feelings for him.” I tell them.

 

“The Kip thing?” Ted asks.

 

“Yep. I was in New York at an opening when Adam Lyons tells me that Kip worked at his firm. Adam asked if Justin was the kid who blackmailed Kip. I told him no, that was my partner. Then I put two and two together, and it makes sense now that Kip backed down.” I tell them.

 

The rest of the group come giggling up the catwalk. I have a drunk Sunshine. He whispers that he needs to give me a blow job. I tell him to follow me.

 

MICHAEL

 

I’ve been standing here for two hours and am no closer to the front of the line. I was watching the people coming in and out hoping to spot Brian. Then I find out from the guy a couple people ahead of me that they were already in there.

 

I see Ted and Blake come out and get out of line. I yell for Ted. He turns and waves and they keep walking. I guess he thought I only wanted to say hi. I start running to catch them.

 

“Ted, hey, I wanted to talk to you.” I tell him.

 

“Why?” Ted asks.

 

“I thought it would be nice to talk like we used to. I mean we’ve all been so busy. It seems like no one ever has time together anymore.” I tell him.

 

“Don’t you mean you didn’t want to embarrass your new friends with us?” Blake asks.

 

“Look Blake, I was trying to talk to Ted. Maybe you could go home, that way Ted doesn’t have to cater to you.” I tell him.

 

“You know Michael, after this afternoon, if I were you I would have avoided any place Justin could be. He might not be done with you.” Blake tells me.

 

“Justin is lucky Brian is still talking to him. Brian is probably pissed that Justin went out of his way to hurt my relationship with Ben. You should watch your back Blake. Justin will try to ruin your relationship next.” I tell Blake.

 

“Well, since I don't cheat on Ted and treat people like shit, I think I'm safe Michael. Don't try to turn everything you did into Justin’s fault.” Blake tells me.

 

“Look Blake, I needed to talk to Ted, not you. Can't you just stay out of it?” I ask him.

 

“Michael, what do you want? I’m not in the mood to play games with you.” Ted is grouchy today.

 

“After Justin opened his mouth, Ben kicked me out. Justin had no right to tell Ben anything. He did it to hurt me and Ben. It wasn’t his relationship and he should have stayed out of it.” I tell them.

 

“Like how you stayed out of his and Brian's during the Ethan period? Kind of a double standard you have going there Michael.” Blake comments.

 

“Brian is my best friend and he had the right to know. Justin doesn’t care about Ben and I, he just likes causing problems. Ted, you know I was the one at the hospital when Blake put you in a coma. Yet you act like I’m not your friend because of Blake.” I tell Ted.

 

TED

 

Wow, he’s pulling anything out of his ass. Blake and I are leaving, he can fend for himself.

 

“I’m supposed to be thankful you showed up at the hospital after your mother told you to? You stayed what, two hours, and left. Wait, you brought me a chicken, let’s make sure you get credit for all you did. I mean I was in rehab trying to get my life together and until I was out and needed space, you and your husband didn’t once visit. Emmett, who had every right to tell me to fuck off after the way I treated him, showed up. Brian made me get off my ass and straighten out my life. He wasn’t nice about it, but you know what, he was trying to protect Emmett. Blake asked me to apologize to all of you for the things I did. You used my apology so you didn’t have to tell Ben you hated his book. I mean, why wouldn’t I want to be your friend?” I’m not going to sit back anymore either.

 

I tell Blake it’s time to go. We walk off, Michael is walking to the door of Babylon. I hope he is stupid enough to run into Justin and Brian.

 

JUSTIN

 

Brian tells me that he wants to talk to the new manager before he leaves. There are a lot of new faces working here. People tend to age out and find new jobs. I was standing at the bar, enjoying my buzz. Emmett got a call from Ted. Ted said that Michael was outside. Mel and Linds decided to go with Emmett and Drew. I see Michael come in, and of course he zones in on Brian. The others left without Michael seeing them, lucky them. Michael comes towards me.

 

“Guess Brian is still fucking around.” Mikey tells me.

 

“Why yes he is. He was getting a blow job in his office earlier Mikey. Now he is going to talk to that tall guy and see if he wants to run off into the sunset with him. Your wish could come true tonight Mikey.” I love fucking with the idiot.

 

“You don’t get to call me Mikey. You really think Brian is happy with you? He told me that he can’t believe you talked to me that way today. Now Ben is mad at me. I’m glad Brian’s tricking again, hope you enjoy being humiliated.” Michael tells me.

 

“Now now Mikey, you can lie to Ben and Eli, but you suck at lying to people who don’t kiss your ass. Why don’t we go over and ask Brian about your conversation, since Brian and I have been together with the kids all day? When did you call and manage to talk to him, or did you use your invisibility ray so I never saw you? If you want to plot my demise maybe you should put more thought into it. Brian was entertained at the zoo, even at dinner tonight. He told me that I gave him a hard-on when I explained the facts to you and hubby. Let’s go ask him.” I tell the shithead.

 

“Ask me what?” Brian asks us.

 

“Justin told me how you’ve been tricking all night. I guess Sunshine is still a backup plan.” Michael sneers at me.

 

“I told Mikey how you got a blow job in your office and that you wanted to ride off with the new manager of Babylon.” I think I’m smiling.

 

“Well, I think I’ll take the backup plan home and fuck him into a coma. Have fun Michael. Did you bring Monty? I could give you a pass to the VIP section, you know, for Peter Pan’s.” Brian tells him.


Well, so far I’m not impressed with Michael. I would have at least found out who Brian was talking to, but then, I play to win. I think it’s time to see who has more stamina, Brian or me.