- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

I was sitting in the shop, still mad that Brian blew me off. Normally, I would go to Kinnetik and make him talk to me, but he took the week off. I also found out that they are having a party at Brian’s house. I refuse to call it by that ridiculous name, it’s Brian’s house. That blonde just acts like it’s his. Monty came by, he was going to stay with Kevin. Apparently Kevin got invited to the party at my best friend's house, I didn’t. Well I’m going. My daughter is there, and they can’t keep from spending time with her.

 

Monty told me he wasn’t going to see me anymore. He felt that it was my fault that Eli found out. He said that if I had just done as he suggested and left Justin alone he wouldn’t have told Ben about us. I tried to tell him Ben was the one that pissed Brian off and we could at least still be friends. Monty told me that Eli will forgive him. Apparently, I’m not the first guy Monty fucked around with.

 

After Brian and Justin left Babylon last night there was a guy who said to me that Brian needs to upgrade. I agreed with him, his name is Matt. I told him to come over to my shop the next day and I could help him with Brian. Matt looks more like me and he is a manager at a bakery. He also told me that he had a friend I could meet. I think we should go to the party together.

 

Matt had a hatchback, but it was a way to get out to the country house. Matt showed up with this guy who was okay looking, but he likes comics so we had something to talk about in the car. We got to Brian’s house and I told him to park in the driveway. I told Matt that I would introduce him to Brian. We knocked on the door and fucking Blake answers.

 

“Did someone invite you today?” Blake asks. Like I can’t come over to Brian’s house if I want to.

 

“I don’t need an invite to come to a family party.” I tell him as I push my way in and get Matt and Caleb to follow me to the pool.

 

“Michael, this is a family party, why did you bring strangers here?” Ma asks me.

 

“I thought this was for friends and family.” I tell her.

 

“Don’t you come here to cause trouble Michael. You need to go spend time with JR. She has been here three days and you haven’t bothered to see her.” Ma tells me.

 

“I would have spent time with her if Justin hadn’t caused all that trouble at the zoo. You know that Ben left me because Justin had to open his mouth?” I want her to side with me.

 

“No. You ruined your marriage when you slept with the asshole neighbor. What the fuck is wrong with you? You treat Hunter like shit and your friends like they owe you something for you still gracing them with your presence. I would feel sorry for Ben but I’m still pissed at him for the way you two have been treating Hunter.” Ma needs to get over that.

 

I walk away from her. She has been too wrapped up in Carl to think of me. I mean, I just lost my husband and she is on my ass. I see JR all over Drew. She seems like she’s having fun so I take Matt to meet Brian. Matt was really excited. He said he would find a way to get Brian alone. Caleb asked what we were doing. I told him Justin treats Brian badly and I wanted Brian to know he had options other than Boy Wonder.

 

“Brian. Hey, I brought my friend Matt to meet you.” I smile and pull Matt up to Brian.

 

“Why are you bringing trolls to my house Michael?” Brian needs to be nice.

 

“Brian try to be nice. I mean, Matt says he always wanted to meet you. You could at least talk to him.” I walk away with Caleb.

 

Justin is sitting with Blake, so I take Caleb to meet Ted. Blake thinks he can mouth off to me. Well when Justin and Blake are kicked to the curb, I’ll be the one doing the kicking.

 

“Ted, I wanted to introduce you to Caleb. I thought you could keep him company while I play with JR.” I tell Ted.

 

I walk off towards JR and want to watch Matt in action. Matt is really hot, not a troll. Brian is trying to pretend he isn’t interested. Mel and Drew are sitting on the steps of the pool with JR. I figure I’ll join them.

 

“Hey Drew, I haven’t seen you lately. I was going to call you and see if you could help me move. Justin upset Ben by saying I was messing around. We should hang out sometime. I think that you have the wrong impression. Emmett and I used to be really tight, I think we need to try to recapture our friendship.” I want to keep Drew as a friend.

 

“Michael, instead of acting like a shit, how about you just sit down and play with your daughter.” Mel, the bitch, says.

 

“Why do you think I came? It sure wasn’t to spend time with people who couldn’t be bothered to help me yesterday.” I tell her.

 

I sit on the side of the pool with my feet in the water. JR was playing on the steps. I told Mel that I could watch my kid. She could go sit with her new best friend Justin. Mel is on my shit list.

 

BRIAN

 

I was about to round up Mikey and his two little friends. Matt told me we should find a private place to talk. I told him that was a great idea. I gave him directions to a cottage on the estate. I said I would be over in twenty minutes and he should be ready for me. Ted was stuck with the other guy. Why is Michael even here? If I had managed to piss everyone off, I would have the courtesy not to show up the very next day at the house of the person who brought me down fifty pegs. I watch Mark walk away or was it Marty? Who knows. I walk over to see what Ted is doing.

 

Caleb and Ted actually had something to talk about; Caleb is studying to become an accountant. Ted told him that we offer internships. Blake walks over and Ted introduces them. Well, at least he isn’t a waste of space. Kevin and Calvin were in the kitchen talking to Emmett. I figured Gus and I could go swimming.

 

Gus cannon balled into the pool and splashed Linds and Michael. It was funny to Linds. Michael looked like he wanted to say something, but stopped himself. I was swimming around keeping Gus from taking in too much water. Gus seems to think you swim under water. Justin walked over and told everyone lunch was served. Gus got out and ran to get food. Michael was looking around.

 

“Where’s Matt? I left you to play host to him.” Michael tells me.

 

“I haven’t seen him in about fifteen minutes Michael, maybe he is touring the grounds. I’m still trying to figure out why you're here.” I ask him.

 

“I know we haven’t been close lately. Ben was so caught up in hanging out with Eli and Monty, I was trying to support my husband. It doesn’t mean we aren’t friends anymore.” He tells me.

 

Michael doesn’t seem to get it. He thinks that after treating Justin like shit, we are still friends. I can’t be friends with someone who needs to follow a leader in order to feel good about himself. I look at my watch and see Matt has two or three more minutes before I’m supposed to meet him at the cottage.

 

“Where’s blind date number two?” Justin asks.

 

“I told him to meet me at the cottage in the woods behind the tennis courts.” I tell Justin.

 

“Brian, I love you. I know that it’s funny, but he will probably get lost trying to find your nonexistent cottage in the woods. We are probably going to have to send out a search party.” Justin doesn’t really look that worried about it.

 

“Well he offered to make my day if we could be alone. I figure he could make the day of the forest animals. I did tell him that he needed to keep going till he found the cottage, because my tricks tend to get lost trying to find it.” I tell him.

 

We ate lunch and I was actually starting to worry. I mean most people would have figured out I wasn’t coming after an hour. Justin just looked at me and rolled his eyes.

 

“Brian and I need some help. He sent Michael’s friend out looking for a cottage on the estate. He should have been back by now.” Justin tells everyone.

 

“What the fuck Brian? I can’t believe you would do that to a friend I brought.” Michael needs to shut up.

 

“Well, when he offered to replace Justin, I figured it was a good way to tell him to get lost.” I smile.

 

We hear someone cursing up a storm and Matt comes walking out of the woods. He seems to have lost a shoe and is covered in mud. There were quite a few giggles. Justin and Emmett were laughing like hyenas. Matt definitely looks upset. He tells Michael that he didn’t appreciate that he was brought here to be made fun of. Then he told me I was missing the best fuck of my life. I told him if you have to tell people that, you're overestimating your talent. Matt told Michael to find his own way home and he left.

 

JUSTIN

 

I wasn’t thrilled that Michael was here, but he is spending time with JR. I decided that as long as he leaves me alone, I’ll leave him alone. Blake and I watch as he brings two total strangers and introduces them to Brian and Ted. Ted was talking to Caleb about an internship with Kinnetik. Ted introduced Blake and Caleb. Caled then asked if they take volunteers at the rehab. Blake told him to call and he would set it up. We like Caleb, he was invited along as Michael’s date, but he said that while he likes comics, he doesn’t love them.

 

I noticed Matt was missing. When Brian told me he sent him to the cottage, I was going to ask what the hell he was talking about. I really didn’t want to have to go look for an idiot who offered to suck my partner’s dick, but there are bears in those woods. I haven’t seen them, but one of the neighbors has.

 

After Matt left, Michael started to sulk and told Brian that he will have to give him a ride back to the Pitts after the party. Deb told Michael that since everyone was going that way after the party, Michael could catch a ride with one of them. Caleb thanked everyone, but ran to catch Matt when he was leaving.

 

I almost want to take Michael to the side and tell him you have to think your plans through before you try to fuck with people. So far, Kevin, who is now with Calvin, caught him lying. I caught him last night, and today his plan was to bring a guy that kind of looks like Ethan’s friend with the big hair, only thinner. Nothing is well thought out.

 

MEL

 

I decided to announce our plans to everyone. Most already knew, but I figured Michael would think we were just telling everyone.

 

“Linds and I need everyone’s attention. I wanted to let everyone know that we are moving back from Canada.” I tell them.

 

Everyone says they're happy and offers to help. Michael looks around at everyone. I think his mother not screaming in happiness is what tipped him off that most already knew.

 

“You already told everyone didn’t you? You should have told me first. BEFORE everyone else. Where are you going to live?” Michael isn’t happy.

 

“We are going to live here, until we find a house. Brian and Justin offered to let us stay.” Linds tells him.

 

“So, not only did you not tell me, but you're going to keep JR far away from me. I think we need to sit down with lawyers if you think you can keep my kid away from me.” Michael tells her.

 

Deb is heading toward him. Michael is in my face telling me he is tired of me letting people keep him from his daughter. Deb grabs Michael and turns him around to tell him to stop. Michael, who of course is mad, shoves Deb back. Fuck. The guys run to catch her. Luckily she was next to the pool. Blake helps her out. Carl grabs Michael and shoves him through the house and tells him to wait there and someone would call him a cab.