- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

 

JUSTIN

 

Michael came back out of the house and was trying to get to Mel. He was yelling that she can’t make any decisions without discussing it with him first. I asked Ted to get the kids in the house. Super Idiot is about to make an appearance. Brian looked over to make sure the kids were gone.

 

“Here’s the discussion Michael. Linds and I are moving back. Like it or fuck off. Remember the last time you tried the custody bit Michael? Skeletons came out of the closet. This time I will make sure all of yours are shining under huge spot lights.” Mel tells him.

 

“Like you don’t have any Mel. If you think that I won’t bring up your affair and Linds trying to help someone illegally stay in the county, think again.” Michael is so stupid.

 

“Michael the affair was 9 years ago, it is no longer an issue. Bring it up to a lawyer. Linds didn’t even file for a marriage license before she backed out, another non-issue. I don’t see a judge giving you custody, especially when I mention that you’ve never paid even one penny of child support for your daughter. The one you care so much about that you didn’t even bother to see her till today, even though we’ve been here for three days. Then, when you do show up, instead of playing with your daughter, you spent the whole time watching the guys you brought to cause trouble,” Mel is about to give me a run for biggest Fuck You to Michael.

 

I look to see Deb coming out with Carl. Carl tells Deb to sit down.

 

“It’s hard to see my daughter when you would rather hang out with Boy Wonder. The minute I tried to spend time with her, he starts spouting shit and made a huge scene at the zoo. You stood there and let him abuse me in front of JR. I think you should put that on your list of why you're not the better parent,” Michael tells her.

 

“If you’d been paying attention to JR and not to your fuck buddy, you would have noticed that Linds got JR and Gus away from you before Justin said anything. You and Ben were the ones making a scene. I wouldn’t have even known what Justin was saying if I hadn’t been standing right behind him. Justin had the sense and the decency to keep his voice down,” Mel tells him.

 

“Michael, it’s time for you to leave. Everyone is done listening to you. Instead of being happy that your child is moving back, you're arguing as if you want them to stay in Canada. Do you even listen to yourself, or does all the crap you spout come out with no rhyme or reason?” Deb asks Michael.

 

“Ma, you need to stay out of this. This is between me and the girls. I want them to understand that if they move back, I will not allow my daughter to live here,” Michael tells Deb.

 

I think he would have said more but Deb grabbed him by the ear and pulled him out to the front of the house. I’m surprised he didn’t say that HE has to live here if his daughter lives here.

 

Everyone was leaving and Linds was trying to calm Mel down. Mel really got worked up. Brian hands her a drink. They toast to Michael the Wonder Manboy.

 

“Why did you let him stay?” Emmett asked me.

 

“Obviously for the entertainment Michael provides. I mean, where else would you get to see a grown man trying to out-do a temper tantrum worthy of a two-year-old?” I ask Emmett.

 

“I should have made him leave, but I wanted to see if he actually planned this out or did he just think, 'bring a guy and hope Brian fucks him'. Emmett, I could have planned this better in my sleep,” I said.

 

Emmett told me Gus could have done better.

 

MICHAEL

 

I called Mel after I got back home, she didn't answer.

 

I decided if Ben wants me out, he is going to have to sell the house. When I came in Ben told me that I needed to get my stuff and leave. I told him he can't kick me out.

 

“My name is on the mortgage, not yours, Michael. I CAN kick you out.” Ben tells me.

 

“I’m staying. You can just stay in Hunter’s old room. You're making a big deal out of nothing. We should try to save our marriage, not fall apart because I made a mistake,” I tell him.

 

“You call screwing around behind my back, nothing? I guess in your mind it was okay, since I’ve been allowing you to behave like an ass. I’m going to be gone for a few days, I want you out of the house when I get back or I’ll file a restraining order and have them kick you out,” Ben says as he walks out of the house.

 

Good luck. I have the right to be here. I can’t believe the girls didn’t tell me. I bet Justin knew before all of us. Linds is always kissing Justin’s ass. I grab my Captain Astro collection and figure I’ll read while I think of a plan. Maybe I should be trying to discredit Justin in Brian’s eyes.

 

BEN

 

I can’t even say I’m shocked that Michael thinks he can stay at the house. I hope he’s gone when I return because I will follow through on kicking him out. I called Hunter and asked if he would see me. He seemed reluctant at first. I told him that I want to apologize for what I did.

 

“Ben, you and Michael sat there and told me you wanted me as a son. Everything was going well then you hooked up with Gay as Blazes across the street. I went from being your son back to being a whore you had to take in. I don’t see how you could apologize for letting me leave. It’s been almost a year and unless we are in a room together, you don’t bother to acknowledge me. You haven’t called even once to see how I am doing. You can come, and I will listen to what you have to say, but it’s going to take more than one visit, apology or not,” Hunter tells me.

 

“I just want to talk and see if we can eventually get a relationship back,” I tell him.

 

“You can come to the student center and we can have lunch. I’m willing to give you that much,” Hunter tells me.

 

It’s a start. I decided that I need to start with the person who was most important and work down. I can’t face Justin. He threw the truth in my face and I’m still angry that he did it. It’s not anger directed at Justin, but at myself. I used to preach acceptance and peace. Somewhere along the way I no longer stood on my principles.

 

BRIAN

 

I think Mikey has a death wish. When he shoved his mother, all of us reacted, because all I could see was her falling and breaking her leg or arm. I talked to her before she left and she said that she and Michael are going to be talking when she catches him.

 

Gus and JR came out when Mikey left. We were going to stay in tonight and let them watch a movie while we relaxed. They both played hard, so the minute the movie started playing they were both almost asleep. Mel and Linds wanted to talk to me.

 

“Do you really think Michael is going to sue for custody again?” Linds asks me.

 

“I doubt he’ll get very far, his shop does enough to pay for itself and a small profit, but unless Ben forks over some money, Michael couldn’t afford even a bad lawyer,” I tell Linds.

 

“Linds, I told you to stop worrying about it. I should have just walked away, but I was angry that he is making a big deal out of us moving back. I mean, what is he going to tell his lawyer, that we wanted to move our children closer to their fathers? A lawyer will ask if he wants us to move closer and Michael will say yes. He is just upset that we didn’t tell him first. He is going to laughed out of the office,” Mel tells Linds.

 

I see Justin walking by. He isn’t happy about Michael upsetting Linds and Mel, and I can tell that his mind is working on something. Normally I would tell Justin not to waste his time on Michael, but this could hurt Gus too. I’ll leave him to his plans. I just hope I don’t have to hide a body or two when he's done.

 

MICHAEL

 

I was going to go to Ma’s for dinner but I think I better let her cool off. That was kind of funny when I pushed her into the pool.

 

I went to the deli and picked up a sandwich. I was standing in line, when I noticed a guy who looked familiar. I waited for him to turn and it was David.

 

“David. Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you stayed in Oregon.” I ask him.

 

“My son is in college now, so I came back to the area. How have you been?” David asks.

 

“Well, I got married, but we wanted different things and are separating now. I had a daughter with Mel and Linds. After I came home I opened a comic shop and have been doing that for a while now,” I tell him. No need to add the affair and Hunter.

 

“If you're free we could go out one night. Are you still friends with Brian and the gang?” David asks.

 

“No. I wanted to grow up, be an adult, and they would rather party and drink the night away. I still talk to Brian, but we aren’t like we were when you and I knew each other. Since we’re both here do you want to have dinner together now?” I ask him.

 

We sit and eat and he tells me that he was in a relationship but it never got serious. I tell him I was ready to get married and settle down when I met Ben. Ben wanted to constantly be around the new neighbors and we fought. I told David I was about to move out, I was just looking for a place. David tells me that he bought a house near his old house. He told me that if I want to stay with him till I found a new place, I could.

 

I tell him I need to move my things out of the house. He offers to help. I can’t believe my luck. My problem in the relationship with David was that the gang made fun of the fact that David was paying for everything. Well, I bet David would pay for a lawyer. I need to find a way to hold onto David this time.

 

DAVID

 

When Michael came up to me, I was only going to say hi. I heard that he married and I wasn’t going to get involved in breaking up a marriage. I still want Michael, but I want him without the friends he brings. It sounds like they are less involved in his life.

 

When we were in Oregon, Michael used Justin’s bashing as the reason he needed to go home. I knew it was because Brian told him that he wasn’t moving to New York. Michael was fine about moving to Oregon until he found out. Then everything was wrong. He couldn’t find a job, he had no one to talk to, I was treating him like the little woman. I finally just told him to go.

 

I needed to be there for my son, and Michael wanted constant attention. I won’t jump back in this relationship if we go back to that. I will tell him that I want to take it slow, he still needs to get out of his present relationship first. I want to make sure he doesn’t want to go back to his husband.

 

I offered to let him stay with me. I want to make sure that Michael doesn’t start running after Brian like he used to, and that he will be a part of my friends. I don’t mind Deb, she is a nice woman. The truth is, he could be friends with everyone but Brian. The Mikey and Brian show has to be over if he wants to try again with me.

 

We get back to my house and Michael is all over me. I guess that answers the question of whether or not he is over his husband.