- Text Size +

 

 

MEL

 

 

The kids got us up early, they wanted Linds and Justin to make waffles. I grab a cup of coffee and ask if we should include Michael in the zoo. Brian tells me that if I do, he would bring the Beam. Justin tells us about Michael trying to get Brian to drive to the diner.

 

“Well, unfortunately I didn’t pick the artist with the shell ears. I have to put up with him.” I tell them.

 

“JR is perfect. I think your DNA wrestled Michael’s into submission.” Justin whispers in my ear.

 

I kiss him on the cheek. Brian and Justin try not to say anything negative about Michael where JR could hear. Unlike Michael, who likes to comment on Justin in front of Gus. Gus asked us if Justin was like his dad. We told him Justin was like me, that we might not be related by blood but we are still his parents. Gus asked if he could call Justin, Papa. Linds told him to talk to Justin. She wanted to give Justin the gift of being asked. We all got together and remade wills, we wanted Gus to be with one of the four of us if anything happens.

 

I offered the same to Ben and Michael. Michael, being the insensitive shit he is, said Ben would probably die first so it didn’t make sense to do all that work. He did tell us though that we shouldn’t confuse Gus, that Brian would eventually need to be with someone who was his equal. I asked Michael, if that was how he felt then does he ever wonder how he and Ben got together. Michael didn’t get it. We all try to get along for the kids, but I don’t think I could endure the shit Michael pulls on Justin.

 

Michael didn’t call us all morning and we decide to take the kids for some fun. We were walking around the zoo and JR was on Justin’s shoulders when I see Michael and Monty walking around with Monty’s kids. Michael walks over.

 

“Why didn’t you call me this morning? We could have come together.” Michael says as he tries to take JR down.

 

BRIAN

 

I almost grab Michael. He was trying to yank JR by her arm. Justin backs off and I lift JR off Justin’s shoulders. Linds tells Michael to be careful, he is going to hurt JR. Mel grabs Michael and tells him to let me get her down.

 

“I wanted to see my daughter. I mean, how hard is it for you to call me?” Michael says to Justin.

 

“Michael, you told me that you would call me. I waited until we needed to leave. How hard is for you to pick up a goddamn phone?” Mel says to Michael.

 

“Sorry for not bowing down to kiss everyone's feet to see my daughter.” Michael sneers at us.

 

“Michael, stop acting like this is some conspiracy to keep JR from you.” I tell him.

 

“JR let's go, you can have fun with me. Remember Monty, you can play with his kids Alex and Massey.” Michael tells JR.

 

“I want to stay with Jussy. I don’t like those kids, they’re mean.” JR tells him.

 

“Well, the only way you can spend time with me is if you come with us. You should have been with me, but I guess Justin had to have his way.” Michael is such a prick.

 

“I’ll see you later Daddy. Jussy is more fun.” JR turns and runs back to Justin.

 

“Mel, you need to tell JR that she has to come with me. I have the right to have my daughter. You need to remember that I’m her father.” Michael tells her.

 

“Michael, you need to realize that JR is only four and doesn’t need you threatening her that she can’t see you. You told me you would call me Michael.” Mel tells him.

 

We start attracting a crowd and Monty tells Michael to let her stay with her mothers. They have the whole day planned with his children and JR is too young for most of it anyway. Michael tells Monty that it isn’t right that they are keeping his kid from him. That Justin likes to pretend they are his kids, but we all know that no one wanted to have a kid with him.

 

“Michael, the fact is that you came out with Moany and his kids and didn’t even consider JR, says it all.” I tell him.

 

Michael stomps away to Ben and they start arguing. Ben is trying to calm his husband down. I see Michael pointing at Justin. Ben comes to talk to the girls.

 

“My name is Monty.” Dip shit adds.

 

“And I care why...?” I tell the twit.

 

“Look, why don’t we all walk around together so that JR can spend time with us too. I really wish you guys had thought about how Michael would feel seeing JR and not being told you planned to be here. You guys didn’t need to cause a scene. Michael told me that he talked to you and you were suppose to contact us.” Ben tries to make them out to be the good guys.

 

Justin tells Linds to take the kids away from here. They don’t need to hear this. I think Ben has pissed off Sunshine. After Linds gets the kids to go around the corner Justin turns back to Michael. Mikey is about to meet 'super pissed Sunshine'.

 

“You and your posse can do whatever you want Ben. JR and Gus have been having fun. And you heard your daughter, she doesn’t want to spend time with Monty and his kids. But instead of telling the happy homos bye, you wants us to have to suffer. Our group is going to finish taking the kids on a planned trip to the zoo. One that either of you could have taken time out of your 'kiss the neighbor’s ass day' to schedule, if you had wanted to make sure JR knows she is important. Ben and Michael, if either of you gave a crap about your kid, we wouldn’t be standing here arguing about it, you both would be with her. You two would have called and asked why no one called, instead, you're here with someone else's kids. JR is supposed to spend time with your mom tonight, but since you shit all over your mother because of Monty, she probably won’t call and tell you. You could call your mother, who asked Mel, the first chance she got, to have a grandparents day with JR. She also volunteered her day off to spend with her grandchildren. She’s watching the kids tonight. So if you want JR, Mel needs to know so she can tell Deb that JR’s father wanted to see her. Mel is not going to wait for a phone call. You need to arrange it now, not five hours after the time you were supposed to call. Grow up and realize that JR isn’t something that you use to show off what a great gay father you are so you can impress the neighborhood. This is not the time or place for you and Ben to pretend you give a damn, when you couldn’t be bothered to pick up a phone and call to see her.” Justin is spitting fire out of his eyes.

 

Justin turned to make sure the kids are far enough away. Michael starts to sputter.

 

“You're so fucking perfect Justin that we mortals just can’t compare. You need to understand that you don’t get to tell me shit about my kid. You don’t have the right to question my fathering of my daughter. You need to stop acting like your opinion counts for anything.” Michael is really trying to get thrown in with the tigers.

 

“Well Michael, my opinion might not count, but you know, I’m here, with your daughter. Brian and I wanted to spend time with the kids. You're here with Monty Cristo and his kids, not yours. Who looks better in this situation?” Justin asks him.

 

Ben tells Michael that they can get JR tomorrow, and to stop because we are all making a scene. He then tells Michael that they need to behave like adults, unlike Justin.

 

“Justin, I won’t let you talk to Michael, or me, like this. It was all a misunderstanding and you're blowing this out of proportion, for no other reason than to embarrass us. We came out with our friends because you and Brian barely spare time to speak to us anymore.” Ben needs to realize Justin isn’t going to back down.

 

“Ben how does it feel to fall from grace? I mean at one point I respected you. I watched you deal with Michael’s constant need to be the center of attention in Brian’s world. And now you make excuses for the both of you. According to you two, I am apparently the cause of why no one wants either of you around anymore. I don’t know about that. You stood around while Michael used Drew being famous to impress your new friends, Drew thinks you two need to stop using his celebrity to win friends and impress people. Both of you think we disclude you. You watch as Michael treats Blake like he is trash, like he didn’t straighten out his life and help to improve others. Monty doesn’t think you should save someone, so suddenly you both jump on that train. I wonder how Hunter feels about that. Wait, he ran away from you didn’t he? Michael and Monty treat Blake like he shouldn’t be allowed around such wonderful people as them, and you just sit there and defend them. Then I’m childish because I won’t be friends with the two idiots you align yourselves with. Sorry, but I won’t have people as my friends just because they want to know an artist. Brian won’t back down from assholes insulting him. You try to joke that Brian is always kidding, but don’t apologize for Monty and Eli being rude. You know, I no longer wonder why you married Michael. You're just as weak as he is. We both know the reason you wanted to move away. Want me to enlighten everyone, or do you want to tell your husband how you got jealous because Michael needs to be cool by being around Brian, and you couldn’t get your husband to stop running after him?  I was willing to let us live in peace, but you both act like because you moved into stepford haven, you're better than the rest of us. Here’s a truth for you Ben. You love Monty so much for his maturity? Well, he is so mature that while your head is up Michael’s ass, Michael’s dick is up Monty’s ass. Michael, you might want to turn around, because Eli just found out that his husband gets extra marital dick after all. The lifestyle you guys run around spouting only applies to everyone else. I wondered what makes Michael drool over every word that comes out Monty’s mouth. I got a surprise one afternoon. Michael wanted to top for a change, but you know, you have to talk about it to do it, Professor. Michael you really should lock up the comic shop when Monty needs your dick in his ass. Ben you deserve every bit of this, you brought them together. I’m done ruining your day, I feel so much better. Later.” Justin walks off like nothing was said.

 

I just stood there, and I have to say I’m impressed. Justin knew the happy homos were screwing around and never said a word. Ben is standing there looking at Michael and Monty. Eli walks over and takes the children and tells Monty not to come home. Michael actually confesses, but of course Ben is at fault.

 

“Look Ben, you’ve been really neglecting our marriage and Monty has been there for me. I don’t want you to think we meant to hurt anyone and I promise it was only a few times. We didn’t mean to do anything, it just sort of happened.” Michael starts chasing Ben as he walks away quickly.

 

“Well Monty, have a great day.” I tell him, and decide never to piss Justin off. Mel looks at me and tells me that Justin should have been a lawyer. Guess we didn't need the Beam, we have Justin.