- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness…

Title: Positive…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 250
Warnings: Drabble, Love, Understanding, Compassion…
Beta Queen: BigJ52

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Story Summary: Gus is devastated, feeling scared and alone…

Chapter Summary: Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness…


Positive…

Chapter Three

I went to see Cole. I just needed to talk to him, after all he is my best friend. We didn’t fight, we didn’t even raise our voices. We just fell into each other’s arms and held one another, crying. At that moment I knew that he was what was missing in my life. I’ve been so lonely and afraid, and even if no one understands, I still love him.

I forgave him, because that’s what true friends do. It was the only way we’re going to be able to move forward. He talked and I listened. He was upset, feeling rejected. I was moving away to attend Stanford in the fall and he pulled away emotionally because he felt like he was losing me. He didn’t see that I was just as distraught about our separation as he was.

He apologized profusely because he never meant to get involved with someone else. He never meant to hurt me, and never thought he’d get HIV. It was only one weekend when I was away, and he feels so guilty. He was sure I’d leave him, so he left me, but he never stopped loving me. And now he feels so guilty for giving me HIV, he actually thought about suicide. I cry, thankful he’s still here with me.

I remember my dad’s words, as I hold him tight and whisper, “I love you. Don’t worry. We’ll get through this together.”

And we will. We need each now other more than ever.

TBC…