- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gus feels hurt and betrayed…

A series of drabbles about coming of age, and dealing with real life issues…

Title: Positive…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 325
Warnings: Drabble, Love, Understanding, Compassion…
Beta Queen: BigJ52

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Story Summary: Gus is devastated, feeling scared and alone…

Chapter Summary: Gus feels hurt and betrayed…


Positive…

Chapter Four

I walk into the house, the tension in the air is suffocating. I look at my mom’s, then I see my dad and Justin. I can’t believe he’s betrayed me. I notice my wooden box on the coffee table where I hid my meds.

“You went through my things?”

“I was vacuuming, and I heard it rattle under the bed.”

“You had no right!”

“We had every right! We’re your parents!”

“Why didn’t you tell us?”

“Because I knew you’d freak out. Just like you are now!”

“You told your father. I could see it in his eyes when I mentioned it.”

Gus is silent…

“This is all Cole’s fault!”

“What makes you think this is Cole’s fault, and not mine?”

“You’re not that stupid!”

“Apparently I am!”

“We don’t want you seeing Cole again.”

“I’m going to see him, and you can’t stop me.”

“I don’t like him, he’s no good for you. Look what he’s done to you!”

“No one intentionally gets HIV!

“Don’t you talk back to me, mister!”

“You’re being irrational!”

“You’re grounded until you leave to go to Stanford in August!”

“I’m not going to Stanford, and I’m not staying here all summer!”

“What do you mean you’re not going to Stanford? You’re going! You’re going to study pre-law, and then you’re going to law school!”

“No. I’m not!”

“Gus, it’s all you’ve ever talked about growing up.”

“No. It’s all you ever talked about. I never wanted to be an attorney. You’ve had my whole life planned out since kindergarten.”

“Of course it’s what you wanted. Where’s all this coming from? It’s Cole, isn’t it?”

“No! I just told you!”

“This is why you’re not to see him again. He’s a bad influence. Apparently he didn’t tell his parents either!”

“You called his parents? How could you? I’m out of here. You’re the ones who can’t be trusted! You knew his parents didn’t know he was gay, yet you told them anyways!”


TBC…