- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The girls get a tongue lashing from Brian, as Gus and Cole grow closer…

A series of drabbles about coming of age, and dealing with real-life issues…

Title: Positive…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 750
Warnings: Drabble, Love, Understanding, Compassion…
Beta Queen: BigJ52


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Story Summary: Gus is devastated, feeling scared and alone…

Chapter Summary: The girls get a tongue lashing from Brian, as Gus and Cole grow closer…


Positive…

Chapter Six


“What the fuck we’re you two thinking? Are you trying to drive him away? Because it’s working.”

“We wanted to know what was going on with Gus. We deserve to know the truth!”

“By accosting him?”

“How dare you question our parenting skills?”

“I’m his father! I’m trying to look out for him and help him!”

“Well, your safe sex lecture didn’t work so well now, did it?”

“Condoms aren’t 100% effective! But you wouldn’t know that, you don’t like dick!”

“Enough, you two! The neighbors will hear you!”

“That’s what you’re concerned about? The neighbors? What about showing some compassion for your son?

“That’s not fair!”

“I’m going to pack up his things. We’ll talk when you two are ready to be reasonable. He’s sick, not a criminal.”

“Don’t you dare pack his things! He’s grounded! He’s not going anywhere!”

“In case you haven’t noticed, he’s already gone. Besides he’s eighteen, almost nineteen! He can make his own decisions. He’s an adult, and it’s time you started treating him like one! Stop treating him like a child!”

“He’s my baby. He needs me!”

“Christ, Lindsay! You’re worse than Mel. Stop trying to control him!”

“Where’s he going to go? Who’s going to take care of him?”

“I’ll take care of him, and see that he gets what he needs. Right now he needs some space, and you two need to get a grip.”

“Don’t you tell us what do!”

“Then start being his loving mothers! He needs your understanding and compassion. Not accusations and condemnation! And get it through your thick heads, this isn’t anyone’s fault.”

~~~



Justin fusses around the loft unpacking the groceries and changing the sheets on the bed. Gus is just sitting, looking out the window in a daze, worried about Cole. He looks up and sees his dad coming into the loft. He jumps up and runs to him, just like when he was a little boy. Brian pulls him into his embrace and holds him as his tears fall.

“I’ve really fucked everything up.”

“Nonsense. I’m proud of you for standing up to your mothers. It’s been a long time coming.”

“Why did they react like that and treat me that way?”

“Because they’re selfish and they’re only thinking about themselves, not you. They’ll come around, they’re just in shock right now.”

“I can’t get a hold of Cole, and I’m starting to worry.”

“I know, but you just have to wait for him to call. Now come and eat. I brought your favorite, Chinese food.”

“Gus, if you’d prefer to stay at the house, you’re welcome to move in and stay in your room.”

“And give up the loft?”

Brian grins. “No, you can have both and stay where ever you like. You decide. I’m not going to tell you how to live. But I would like you to check in now and then, to let me know where you’re at. It’s a parent thing.”

Gus hugs Brian. “You’re the best, both of you are!”

Just then Gus’s phone rings…

“Hey, sorry I didn’t call sooner. My parents wanted to talk to me.”

“I bet. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Actually, I’m great!”

“Really?”

“You know how freaked out I was about my dad finding out. I thought that because he’s a preacher that he’d disown me? Well, that was just me being quick to judge him.”

“He’s not upset with you?”

“No. He said he’s known I was gay since I was in juror junior high, he was just waiting for me to tell him. Of course my mom cried about the HIV thing. But my parents are being great. They’re being very understanding and supportive.”

“Wow! I mean wow! That’s great. I’m jealous. I wish I could say the same for my moms.”

“I’m sorry about your moms. I’d have thought that they’d understand. You know, being lesbians and all.”

“Yeah, you’d think so…”

“Listen, my dad said he’s never preached about homosexuality to his parish before, but he’s going to on Sunday. He wants to take a stand on the issue, promoting support, love, understanding and acceptance.”

“Wow! That’s great, amazing! I’m glad they’re being so supportive.”

“Listen. My parents want to meet you. So I was wondering if you’d like to go to church with me, and have Sunday dinner with my family.”

“This is so boyfriend behavior. I can’t believe we don’t have to hide anymore.”

“I know. Me too!”

“I love you, Cole!”

“I love you too, Gus!”

TBC…