- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gus is starting to get used to his independence, even if his mother’s still disapprove…


Title: Positive…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 600
Warnings: Drabble, Love, Understanding, Compassion…
Beta Queen: BigJ52

A series of drabbles about coming of age, and dealing with real-life issues…

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Story Summary: Gus is devastated, feeling scared and alone…

Chapter Summary: Gus is starting to get used to his independence, even if his mother’s still disapprove…

Positive…

Chapter Seven

I called my moms just to let them know I was alright. I wanted to see if we could restart our relationship, and get things back on track. But Mama kept insisting that I was too young to live away from home. She thinks that I reacted childishly, being overly emotional by running away. She says it just proves her point that I’m not responsible. I asked her how old she was when she left home to live on her own, but of course that’s different. Apparently, girls mature faster than boys. She is such a hypocrite; I wonder if she can hear herself talking. Needless to say, it went downhill from there. I ended up hanging up on her when she started screaming because I wouldn’t tell her where I was staying.

I took my dads up on their offer to stay at Britin, because the loft seems so quiet and I’m not used to living by myself. Last night Cole and I spent the night together for the first time. We’ve always had to sneak off to a park or a friend’s house to mess around. Waking up in his arms was incredible, it felt so good not having to rush so no one would catch us. We made breakfast together and it was wonderful, even if I burnt the bacon and the scrambled eggs were runny. I don’t think I’ve ever been happier.

We have to hurry up, as Cole and I have an appointment with Dr. John Mellors at The University of Pittsburg’s Department of Infectious Diseases. My dad pulled some strings to get us in to see him, and hopefully we’ll qualify to participate in his new research study. My dad’s picking us up, and Pastor Andrews, Cole’s dad, is meeting us there. I’m a little worried about them meeting each other, but Cole reassures me it will be fine. He’s more worried about our doctor’s appointment.

To distract myself I’m completing admission forms for Carnegie Mellon. I know it’s too late to get in for the fall semester, but hopefully I’ll be able to start in January. Cole has a football scholarship to attend The University of Pittsburgh. I hope his HIV status doesn’t jeopardize his chances to play ball. God, you should see him in his uniform, he looks so hot! That’s how we met. I couldn’t stop looking at him during the game. Afterwards he came right over and introduced himself, and we’ve been together ever since.





Pastor Andrews sees my college catalog and asks me what I want to study. My dad perks up, waiting to hear what I’m going to say, but it really shouldn’t be a surprise. I have dozens of books on architecture, and I’ve gone on the Annual Tour of Historical Homes for the last five years. That’s why I didn’t understand why my moms didn’t understand that I’ve never wanted to be an attorney. I’ve always been interested in designing homes.

When we got back to the loft Justin calls and asks if we’d like to have dinner with Ben. He thinks it would be good for us to talk with someone who’s been living with HIV for years. He offers to come to the loft and make dinner for all of us. I agree as long as Michael doesn’t come. I’m still not ready to broadcast it to everyone that Cole and I are positive. Maybe we should invite my moms, but then again I don’t want them to know I’m living here. But you’d think they would have figured that out on their own.

TBC…