- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian and Justin stand by Gus and his decisions, defying the lesbians…


Title: Positive…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 325
Warnings: Drabble, Love, Understanding, Compassion…
Beta Queen: BigJ52

A series of drabbles about coming of age, and dealing with real life issues…

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Story Summary: Gus is devastated, feeling scared and alone…

Chapter Summary: Brian and Justin stand by Gus and his decisions, defying the lesbians…


Positive…

Chapter Five

Gus sits on the park bench throwing pebbles into the river, feeling abandoned. Justin comes and sits down next to him, but he doesn’t look up.

“How’d you know where I was?”

“This is where your father would come, and you’re a lot like your father.”

“He was never stupid enough to get sick.”

“Gus, don’t you dare start believing what Mel said is true. This isn’t your fault, getting sick isn’t anyone’s fault.”

Justin puts his arms around him and holds him, as the dam breaks and his tears fall.

“I can’t get a hold of Cole, he’s not answering his phone.”

“I’m sure he’ll call you as soon as he can.”

“When he finds out he’s going to hate me.”

“He’s not going to hate you. Besides it was your moms, not you who called his parents.”

“They’re going to go ballistic. They’ll throw him out of the house. He won’t have any place to go. I don’t have any place to go, everything’s fucked up!”

“Of course you have a place to go. You both have a place to go.”

Justin put a key into Gus’s hand. He just looks at it like it he doesn’t know what a key is.

“It’s to the loft. If you want, you and Cole can stay there.”

“Really?”

“Your father thought it was best. You need your own space.”

“He did? Where is he anyways?”

“He’s lecturing your moms about parenting, and then he’s packing your things and bringing them to the loft.”

“You’re really going to let us live there? You think we’re old enough to have our own place?”

“Gus, you’ll be nineteen in September. You’re an adult. Besides I lived with your dad when I was nineteen.”

Suddenly things don’t seem so desperate and overwhelming.

“I love you, Justin. Thanks for always looking out for me.”

“That’s what fathers do. You know your dad and I will always be here for you.”

TBC…