- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So, everyone knows what happens after the Prom, right.  I figured we might as well get it over with at the beginning of the story, this time.  So, unfortunately, here goes.  TAG

Chapter 2 - The Last Dance.

Finding the ballroom which was the site of the dance was easy. Brian simply followed the giggling, noisy teens who were teeming in the hotel hallways until he heard loud pop music with way too much bass, pounding out through the doors of a nearby room. Kinney skirted the table next to the door, not even bothering to acknowledge the attractive young brunette waving at him and asking for his ticket. Scanning the room for the short-cropped blond head he was looking for, he rapidly moved through the crowd of curious teens.  

Brian Kinney would draw all eyes in whatever room he was in. Tonight was no exception. The man was still in his business attire - a charcoal grey Roberto Cavalli suit with a dark carmine red shirt and matching tie, a la page. His normal business dress, however, was more than elegant enough to overshadow any of the tuxes at a high school Prom. And on top of his exquisite, custom tailored suit, he was, well, just plain HOT - at 6’2” he towered over many of the teens here, and his shining chestnut hair, glowing tanned skin and classic chiselled features, not to mention the fact that he was much older than the average Prom goer, definitely caused him to stand out. The awed youngsters tended to scatter out of his way as he strode purposely through the ballroom.

Finally sighting the particular young blond man he was seeking dancing with his friend at the far edge of the dance floor, Kinney maneuvered through the groups of chatting teens, the randomly arranged large, round, tables and busy hotel serving staff, and eventually made his way over to the energetically dancing couple.  

“Hello, again,” Kinney said, interrupting the dancing pair, who both turned abruptly to face the older man.  

“Fancy meeting you here,” the teasing blond youth quipped as he grinned mischievously up at the attractive brunet. “If you want to become my official stalker, you know, I’m all in favor of it.” 

“I’m not stalking you. I just thought I’d come in here and try to recapture some of my lost youth,” the sensual older man purred, his eyes locked on the young man and virtually ignoring his date.  

Then, unable to stop himself, Brian found his left hand reaching out and trailing down the boy’s chest, then up again under the tux’s narrow lapel, still looking into the bright blue eyes in front of him. Remembering himself, finally, he withdrew the wandering hand, reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out the wallet he’d found in the lobby. 

“Oh, and I thought you might want this back, too,” Kinney said while holding the object out to the youth.  

“My wallet?” said the boy, while patting his pants’ pocket, just now realizing the wallet was gone. “Where’d you find this?” he added with a smile, accepting the now-found wallet.

“It just dropped into my lap, along with its owner, a few minutes ago. Lucky me.” Brian found that he was still captivated by the blond’s piercing blue eyes, unable to look away even now.  

“Thanks,” was all the now blushing young man could say as he too continued to stare into the eyes of the other man.  

“Well, enjoy yourselves,” Kinney added quietly as he began to back away from the couple, finally breaking eye contact and turning towards the exit.

“Would you like to dance,” the blond blurted out impulsively, saying the first thing that came to his mind that might keep this enticing man near him. Then, as the man turned back towards him, the blond added, “please. It’s the least I can do to thank you for returning my wallet.”

-God, look at that tantalizing smile. Those lips. I wonder if they taste as good as they look.  

Kinney couldn’t stop the fantasy now playing in his mind, and to tell the truth, he didn’t really want to. And in spite of the ridiculousness of Brian Kinney dancing with a twink at a high school Prom, he was more than tempted to accept the invitation.  

Seeing that the tall, attractive man was hesitating, the boy impetuously reached over, grasped the brunet’s perfectly manicured hand, and began leading the older man onto the dance floor before he could say no. He’s got balls, too - Brian laughed to himself.  

-What the hell - what harm could one dance do? Nobody I know is going to see me here anyway

The man rationalized, finally allowing himself to be pulled onto the dance floor.

Just as the two men reached the middle of the room, the band finished the upbeat pop song they’d been playing and started in on a slower tune. Brian recognized one of his favorite ‘oldies’, Save the Last Dance by the Drifters, and smiled as he pulled the younger man closer towards him into a classic waltz position. The youth hadn’t been quite prepared for this, and wasn’t sure he even remembered the steps, but figured those horrible dance lessons his mother had forced him to take at the country club might finally come in handy. The young man let his body relax into the arms of the older man and decided to just let him lead.

Kinney smiled rather haughtily down at his dance partner and then, using his hips and upraised left arm to guide the younger man, he moved into a seemingly effortless waltz around the dance floor. The amazed high schoolers around them quickly cleared out of the way, leaving the entire floor to the handsome couple. Brian, never one to waste a chance to be in the spotlight, put even more effort into his steps, putting on a show for the wide-eyed crowd. He squeezed the boy in his arms once and looked down at him, grinning.  

“Wanna give them something to really remember?” Kinney lightheartedly asked the blond, who grinned back and nodded. “Then, hold on.”

So saying, the skilled older man stepped back, twirling his partner around three times, the boy gracefully raising up on his toes, keeping his back straight and tucking his left arm behind his back in a formal pose. The way the boy willingly cooperated caused Kinney to smile even more, his hazel eyes gleaming as he swooped the youth back into his embrace and glided in increasingly larger circles around the now empty floor. The frisky youth smiling up at him kept egging him on, the two engaging in even fancier steps until the song was nearing its end.

Then, once again squeezing the boy so that he knew something new was coming, he dipped the limber young man, lowering him almost to the floor. The blond laughed out loud at the exhilarating move, tipped his head back and gave the staring crowd a huge upside-down smile. Kinney then pulled the youth back up to a standing position. But he didn’t stop there - he grabbed his partner tightly around his waist, picking the smaller man up completely and spinning the two of them around several times before ending the dance by crushing his lips against the full rosy lips that he’d been fantasizing about earlier.  

The young man was startled at first by the unexpected kiss, but after only a few moments, he let himself relax and began to return the other man’s attentions, with gusto. The kiss deepened, teeth nipping at lips and tongues demanding entrance to dance together. The younger man reached his hands up to grab the brunet by the nape of his neck and pull the man down into an even closer kiss while simultaneously revelling in the feeling of the glossy chestnut locks running through his fingers.  

The two men only broke apart when the smattering of clapping and occasional wolf whistles and hoots eventually broke through to their conscious minds. Both dance partners looked up at the crowd, smiled widely and then the older man grasped the younger’s hand to pull him off the dance floor. Neither man noticed the few eyes staring at them with scorn and even hatred - they were too caught up in the moment.  

“That was AMAZING,” Daphne raved as she met the boys at the edge of the dance floor. “God, when you kissed it was SOOOO HOT!” The girl was grinning almost as much as the two men and all three spontaneously broke out laughing. 

“Well that should leave them all with something to remember,”  Kinney sarcastically added.

“Me too,” the boy beamed at the man.  The two men stood close together, mute, eyes locked for several more minutes, before Kinney slowly started to step back.

“Well, I should get going. Thank you for the dance . . . What was your name again?” Kinney asked the beautiful blond, whose ecstatic expression dropped from his face immediately at the dismissive comment.

“Justin,” he reminded the man.  

“Justin.  Right.  Well, goodnight, Justin,”  the brunet added as he stepped away.

“Um . . . can I . . . can I walk with you to your car,” Justin rushed to ask before this incredible man could leave.

Brian looked back at the pleading youth, again noting the full pouty lips and those incredible blue eyes that seemed to draw you in against your will.  

-That kiss on the dance floor was pretty hot. I wouldn’t mind another one, and . . . maybe something more . . . the man thought to himself, unable to deny his own desires.  

-What the hell  - he found himself thinking again. ‘What the hell’ seems to be tonight’s theme, so I might as well give in to it.

“Sure, kid,” he replied to the young man, reaching out to grasp the small, warm hand and pull the boy after him in the direction of the elevator leading to the parking garage.  

Justin looked back briefly at Daphne, impishly raised his eyebrows, grinning insanely at his best friend. Daphne gave him the thumbs up sign and then waved, heading back to one of the tables. The boy then returned his attention to the gorgeous man in front of him.  

In the lobby, the two men stood by the elevators, and Brian pulled the younger man into a tight embrace, kissing him lightly on the lips, disregarding the many reproachful looks they were getting from people walking by as well as from one teen who had followed them out of the ballroom. When the elevator doors finally opened, Kinney pulled young Mr. Taylor into the small enclosure, pushed the correct floor button and then pushed the boy back against the wall with his hand on the youth’s chest and his lips returning to kiss and nip at the tasty, pouty lips.  

When the elevator stopped at the garage level and the doors opened, it took the men several seconds to realize they were at their destination and break off the passionate kiss. Justin giggled up at the tall brunet, who smiled and led them out into the maze of concrete pillars and parked cars. Justin was still humming the Drifters tune they had been dancing to earlier, so Brian playfully spun the boy around again, both men laughing and play dancing on their way to his jeep parked in the far corner.


At the car, Brian again pulled the boy towards him, spun the boy so he was leaning with his back against the vehicle and dove in for another sensuous, long, wet, open-mouthed kiss.  

“Thank you. This was the most wonderful night of my life,” the boy added when the kiss finally ended.

 

“It WAS ridiculously romantic,” Brian tenderly smiled back at the youth.


Kinney then pushed himself back, moved the boy gently away from the Jeep and, reaching up to run the back of his fingers down the soft creamy cheek of the young man, he added, “Later.”

Justin beamed another amazing smile at the man who had just made his Prom so memorable while backing away, and responded likewise, “Later.” He then turned and started to walk back towards the elevators with a bouncing, happy gait.  

Brian Kinney, the normally hard-as-nails businessman and cold-as-ice sexual predator, looked in his rearview mirror to get one more glimpse of the charismatic, playful, enchanting young man and he smiled at Justin’s retreating back. The older man couldn’t remember the last time he’d had so much simple fun. Then he shook his head and started to turn the key in the ignition, finally pulling his eyes away from the image of the compact young blond.

Just as he was about to turn away, though, a movement at the edge of his vision grabbed his attention and he looked back into the mirror. What he saw was a taller, muscular teen, also wearing a tux, coming up at a fast pace behind Justin. The part that made his blood run cold, though, was the raised baseball bat the kid was carrying as he raced towards the unwary blond.

“Justin!” Kinney yelled a brief warning as he pushed open his car door and rushed towards the retreating figures.  

Heartbeats later, Brian watched helplessly as the bat connected with the blond boy’s head. A sickening *crack* echoed through the garage, and then the youth gracefully sank to the ground. The attacker had already raised the bat again, ready for another swing but looked around at the sound of approaching footsteps as Kinney barreled into him at a dead run, throwing the teen to the ground and knocking the bat out of his hands. Kinney retrieved the bat, thinking to keep the weapon away from the assailant. When the teen attempted to rise as if to escape, Kinney took the bat and callously swung at the boy’s right knee, satisfied when he heard the cracking of bones breaking and saw the attacker fall back to the ground.  

Tossing the bat away from him, Kinney turned back to Justin’s unconscious form, lying in a spreading pool of his own blood. The man rushed over to the boy’s side and knelt, feeling at the injured youth’s neck to determine if there was a pulse. Kinney was too panicked and shocked though to find the right spot - he slumped over the prone figure, tears already streaming down his face. “No, no, no, no, no . . .” was all he could say for several minutes until his brain finally clicked back into gear and he remembered his cell phone. Pulling the phone out, amazed that he actually had a signal in this underground garage, he called for help.