- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian and Justin are unapologetic about the path their future is taking, no matter how much Michael and Lindsay whine…

Title: Christmas Presents…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 4726
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Passion, Lust, M-Preg…
Beta Queen: BigJ52
Banner: aaa_mazing

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Summary: Brian and Justin are unapologetic about the path their future is taking, no matter how much Michael and Lindsay whine…


Chapter Seventeen ~ United We Stand...


Justin’s POV

The next morning Brian’s showering, having to return to work after a very long hiatus. He’s been on maternity leave, and then we took a long and much-needed vacation. I’m in the kitchen starting the coffee, and warming up Jamie’s bottle when someone starts pounding on the loft door. I answer it with Jamie in my arms, wearing only my pajama bottoms, and a very bedhead hairdo.

“Lindsay. Come on in…”

Gus barrels past us, obviously already hyped up on Captain Crunch or some other high fructose cereal.

“What’s up?”

She looks pissed but she won’t talk to me about it.

“Brian should be up in a few minutes, he’s getting ready for work. It’s his first day back. So… do you want some coffee?”

She turns and shakes her head, staring at me, and I can only imagine what she’s so upset about.

“Do you want me to give Jamie his bottle?”

“Nope, I’m fine. Why don’t you have a seat? Maybe this would be a good time to go over Gus’s visitation schedule.”

That just seems to make her even more pissed. She looks around and notices that there’s no bed in what used to be our bedroom; it’s a playroom for the kids now. There’s a little table and chairs, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a toy chest, and bookshelves with children’s books and games, along with a dresser, two rocking chairs (one for me and a miniature one for Gus), and a changing station and crib for Jamie.

Gus is already rocking in his little rocking chair, jabbering away as he reads a story. He’s really just making up a story from looking at the pictures, but he’s happy and enjoying himself playing quietly. Then she notices the stairway downstairs that connects the lower floor of our loft.

“What’s going on? You’ve expanded the loft to another floor?”

“Yep. We had all the construction done while we were in Florida.”

“Oh my God! I didn’t know.”

“Nope, we didn’t tell anyone. The other loft came on the market just before we left, so we made an offer. Then when we came back for Ben’s funeral we Okayed the floor plans with the architect.”

“Well… I had no idea.”

“We really needed the space, with Jamie and the new baby coming, as well as Gus staying with us every other week. So it just made sense, besides we didn’t really want to move.”

“Well. I guess you’ve just got it all figured out now, don’t you?”

There’s an edge to her voice, and she seems to be getting more, and more upset the longer we talk.

“So let’s talk about the schedule for Gus’s visitation?”

“I… I’m not sure that’s a good idea.”

“Oh? We’ve been very lenient with you and Mel. We didn’t have to agree to you keeping Gus here that last week he was scheduled to be in Florida.”

“He needed his parents…”

“Yes, I agree… Brian and I are his parents, just as much as you and Mel. You do remember going to court, right?”

“I still don’t agree with that decision.”

“Well, that’s too bad, Lindsay. That’s what the judge ordered.”

“Brian? I didn’t hear you coming up the stairs. Are you going to show me around?”

“No. It’s seven o’clock in the morning, Lindsay. What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to talk to you.”

“Obviously… Speak…”

“Can we talk alone?”

“No. I have to leave for work in a few minutes. So what’s with the early morning visit?”

She looks at Justin, wishing he would go away.

“I’m waiting!”

“Brian. I don’t think that was very funny last night. Springing your news on everyone like that.”

“Well I assure you that wasn’t my intention. But I wasn’t expecting a surprise baby shower.”

“That was Deb’s idea…”

“No doubt. I’m sorry you had to find out about Justin’s pregnancy that way, but it really shouldn’t matter. After all we don’t need anyone’s approval on how we live our lives.”

“But when I asked you about fathering another baby together after Jamie was born, you said you didn’t want any more children.”

“No. I believe what I said was, I didn’t want any more children with you.”

“Brian… I don’t understand. Why?”

“Because I’m not your husband.”

“Brian… Please…”

“Don’t get me wrong. I love Gus, and I’m glad that we have joint custody and we do have joint custody! I’ll contact Mel today and set up a permanent schedule. No more refusing to allow him to stay with us.”

“Brian…”

“What? What, Lindsay? Why are you here?”

“I don’t like the way you treated Michael last night. You hurt him, and it was cruel and unnecessary.”

“Oh yeah? Well guess what. I’m not his husband either… So neither of you get a say in how, and who I live my life with.”

“Brian…”

“MY GOD, LINDSAY! Stop saying my name like that! And get over it!”

Justin hands Brian a cup of coffee, then he turns to Lindsay and says, “So Gus will be staying with us this week. Thank you for dropping him off, I appreciate that.”

“No. No, he’s not staying.”

“Yes, he is…”

“Brian…”

“Justin’s right. He’s staying here this week. Now I’ll walk you down to your car on my way out.”

Brian walks over and leans down kissing Jamie on the top of his head. Justin leans his head back, and Brian captures his lips kissing him passionately.

“I’ll call you after my staff meeting. Gus come give me and your mom a kiss good bye.”

“Bye, Mommy. Bye, Daddy. I love you.”

Brian bends over and kisses Gus on the cheek, then he and Lindsay get in the elevator going down to the parking garage.

“Brian, I’m not happy about leaving Gus here.”

“I know. Too bad…”

“Brian, he doesn’t even have any clothes here.”

“Yes, he does Lindsay. They’re in his dresser, in his bedroom on the second floor.”

“Well… He didn’t know he was staying. He might be upset.”

“He didn’t seem upset to me. Besides, Justin can handle it if he is, which I’m sure he isn’t.”

“Well I am…”

“Obviously…”

He walks her to her car, and says good bye. Then he gets in his and he drives off without another word.

Lindsay calls Mel to complain, wanting Mel to say it’s okay for Gus to come back home with her.

“Where the hell are you? I was going over my briefs for court, and JR started crying. I was surprised that you weren’t here. Why did you leave without saying anything?”

“I wanted to catch Brian before he left for work.”

“So, I guess things didn’t go as you planned?”

“Don’t be so sarcastic. He had no right talking to Michael like that, making him cry.”

“You’re got to be kidding, right? I, for one, was glad he was so direct. He should have done it years ago.”

“But he really hurt Michael. You know how much Michael loves him.”

“Yeah, just like I know how much you love him too…”

“That’s not fair!”

“But it’s true… Both you and Michael need to stop all your pining and daydreaming about being Mrs. Brian Kinney. Because it seems Brian’s already filled that position.”

“I don’t, I’m not… Mel. You just don’t understand.”

“Yes, I do… And here I thought you were my wife.”

“I am…”

“Then stop acting like you just got jilted, and start acting like my wife.”

“But what about them keeping Gus, without approval?”

“They don’t need approval, and considering that he’s stayed with us for the last three weeks, I think it’s their turn. Just be glad they’re not calling their lawyer. We had no right to prevent him from going to Florida, but you insisted on it.”

“I didn’t want him becoming spoiled, going away so often.”

“Bullshit! I think you were jealous of him, and I think you’re jealous of him now.”

“What am I jealous about?”

“My guess is because he’s spending time with Brian.”

“Mel…”

“Lindsay, hurry up and get home, I have to be in court in an hour. And stop all this ridiculous whining. You sound like Michael.”

Was she whining? Was she really jealous? The more she tried to justify her feelings, the more she realized that it was true, she was jealous of Justin. She wanted to go on expensive vacations, live in a newly remodeled home, and be Mrs. Brian Kinney. There was a time when that might have actually been how things worked out. She can’t help fantasizing about her and Brian getting married.

She always held out hope that one day they’d be together, even if she always knew he was gay. During those few weeks when they had their fling, she knew he was sleeping with other men. She’d caught him, and he didn’t even seem to care, he simply told her it wasn’t any of her business who he fucked.

It’s just that now it seems so real, with a new baby on the way and that ring. God, Justin’s ring was absolutely beautiful, with four diamonds, and she only had an inexpensive band of gold. And she’s sure that when they do marry, it will be someplace legal. Not that she didn’t feel like her and Mel’s wedding wasn’t real, but it wasn’t legal. Who would have ever thought that Brian Kinney would be in a committed relationship? Yes, she was jealous and that made her even angrier.

Lindsay’s not the only early riser. Just as Carl is leaving for work, Michael shows up at their door. Deb’s in the kitchen making bacon and eggs for her and Emmett when Michael walks in.

“Michael, what a surprise to see you here so early.”

He sits down and she puts a plate in front of him, then she gets him a cup of coffee. She half expected him to show up sometime today, to lick his wounds. He needs a sympathetic ear to listen to his side of the story.

“Can you believe all that bullshit Brian was spouting last night? He doesn’t even believe in marriage, and I’m sure Justin tricked him into getting pregnant.”

Emmett can’t resist saying, “Yeah, giving up condoms is some trick.”

Michael just glares at both of them. He’s still smarting from the verbal abuse he feels Brian inflicted on him last night. But Debbie thinks that Brian finally did the right thing, and she’s not about to let him wallow in self-pity. He needs to finally accept that Brian never had any intention of romancing him.

“Michael, you need to man up and face reality. Brian was never interested in you as anything more than his friend.”

“Ma! You’re supposed to support me, be on my side.”

“Michael! I’m not taking sides. I’m just saying that it’s time to open your eyes and see the truth. It was never going to happen between you two, and all your rude comments and undermining Justin was never going to change that.”

Michael looks like he’s going to cry. “But it might have happened, if he never met Justin.”

Emmett doesn’t want to be part of this conversation, some things are best left to a mother to explain. So he excuses himself and goes upstairs to get ready to meet with his clients.

“If it wasn’t Justin, it would have eventually been someone else.”

“I don’t think so…”

“Michael, I know you’ve always held out, hoping for your fantasy, but you’re almost thirty-five. It’s time you acknowledged that it’s only a fantasy.”

“But we became so close again, when he was pregnant. It was like old times, me taking care of him. Then Justin came back and ruined it all.”

“That was just another fantasy, you thinking that. What? Maybe you and him would raise the baby together? And what about Ben? Did you already give up on him? Because it was obvious that you two were having problems.”

“You don’t understand. Brian needed me… He depended on me to be there for him.”

“Michael! Everyone knows that you misled, no, lied to Brian, telling him that Justin and Brett were lovers. You manipulated him into thinking Justin didn’t love him, wouldn’t want him or a baby. You should be ashamed of yourself!”

“I really didn’t think Justin would want a baby.”

“Bullshit! That’s total bullshit! And you know that! You know that Justin would have flown back here in a nano-second if he knew the truth.”

“But he needed to stay in LA, to work on the movie. We were supposed to have made a mint on that project. In the end it all turned to dust. That was probably Justin’s fault too.”

“You, young man, have to stop blaming others for all your unfortunate failures. Can’t you see how happy Brian is? I think it’s great that he’s finally opened up his heart, and allowed himself to love someone.”

“But that someone was supposed to be me!”

“Only in your head. It was so obvious to everyone that he fell in love with Sunshine right from the beginning. The only one he was fooling was himself and you. I guess he was just too scared to admit it.”

“I know you came here looking for support, but the best advice I can give you is to let go… Move on with your life. You’re still young and I think you’ll be much happier if you accept reality.”

“He actually said I wasn’t his best friend anymore.”

“Of course you’re not… And you’re not going to be any kind of friend if you don’t follow my advice and open your heart to others.”

Why couldn’t everyone see he was the one Brian needed?

“I have to go. I’m working the front counter in the bakery this morning.”

“Michael, take my advice to heart. Stop trying to convince yourself that Brian needs you. He’s already moved on, a long time ago.”

~~~

“Justy, I love my new playroom!”

“I’m glad, Gus. We wanted you to have someplace special to play. Do you want to see your new bedroom?”

“No, no… I don’t want to take a nap!”

“It’s nine o’clock in the morning, you don’t have to go to sleep.”

Although, I’d really like to go back to bed myself…

“Justy, why are we making lunch so early?”

“Because I thought it would be fun to surprise your dad with a little picnic lunch.”

“Are we going to eat outside in the snow?”

“No, silly, it’s still February. We’ll eat in his office, or maybe the break room.”

“Justy, I love ‘tato salad, and fried chicken!”

“Me too, although your father will complain, and then proceed to overeat.”

“Can we have ‘tato chips, and chocolate-chip cookies too?”

“Why not? We’re already practically giving him a heart attack as it is.”

“I love just-baked cookies! And you know what, your cookies are always better than mommy’s.”

“Well, don’t tell her that…”

“Okay, it’ll be our secret.”

They spent the morning baking, and frying, having a great time making a huge mess in the kitchen.

~~~

Brian’s in his office when he hears all the commotion at Cynthia’s desk. It’s the first time Jamie’s been to Kinnetik, and all the employees are stopping by to see him. Well, him, and the dozens of chocolate-chip cookies that Justin brought in for the staff.

“What’s all this?”

“Daddy! We made you a picnic lunch!”

Brian kneels down and kisses Gus as he doesn’t want him to get jealous of all the attention Jamie is getting.

“A picnic lunch, that sounds great.”

“Yeah, Justy says it’s time for your heart attack.”

“How thoughtful. Hopefully I’ll make it through lunch.”

Justin comes over and kisses Brian hello, hands him the picnic basket then he and Gus go into his office. It takes him a few minutes to pry Jamie from Cynthia’s arms, and gets him settled in his stroller. Brian clears off the table, and starts unpacking the basket.

“You weren’t kidding, sonny boy, I should be dead by dinnertime after eating all this.”

“I helped, Daddy! Justy let me stir the cookie dough, and I watched them bake through that little window in the door.”

“Well, they smell great!”

“Yeah, but you have to wait and have them for dessert.”

“Fried chicken, Justin? You really do want to give me a heart attack. I’m guessing this is another one of your insatiable cravings, no doubt.”

“Shut up! Besides I know you love it, even if you complain. You can’t fool me. I’m on to you.”

“I never could… Besides you make the best fried chicken… Even if I’m going to gain twenty pounds.”

“Well, I don’t want to be the only one gaining weight.”

“Just promise me, I can have a big salad for dinner.”

“I promise.”

“’Cos you love a big salad?”

“Yep!”

“I love ice cream.”

“I’m sure you do.”

“Do you think Justy will let me have ice cream for dinner?”

“Let’s get through lunch first, then worry about dinner.”

“How about an ice-cream sandwich?”

“You’re so silly.”

“You know what? Justy made me chicken strips, just like McDonalds.”

“That was very clever of him. Just try not to get all that grease on the furniture.”

“I won’t, Daddy.”

As Gus proceeds to wipe his hands all over his clothes, Brian can’t help cringing, watching him make a total mess. Brian’s glad they stopped by for lunch. It’s only been a few hours but he was already missing his boys. Justin was right. Even though he complained about the fried chicken, he ate three pieces, savoring each and every fattening bite.

“I trust that you have everything worked out with Mel concerning Gus’s schedule?”

“Yeah, she was fine. It’s Lindsay who’s struggling with accepting our place in Gus’s life, and apparently she’s now depressed after hearing about your pregnancy. She feels betrayed for some reason, just like she felt after Jamie was born.”

“I’m telling you, she’s in love with you. I know she’s a lesbian but she still has a secret desire to be married to you.”

“Yeah, her and Michael… I guess I’m just irresistible…”

“Unhealthy! That’s what it is… I just wish they could both let go of their fantasies!”

“Now, Sunshine, no need to worry. They’re the last people I’d ever be tempted to stray to.”

Justin loses that sparkle in his eyes, looking away…

“Not that I’d be tempted to stray at all these days.”

Brian hopes that reassures Justin enough to keep him from worrying. Sometimes he could just kick himself for the things he says. The last thing he wants is to make Justin think he’s open to tricking again. He pulls Justin into his arms, and kisses the top of his head.

“You know I was just kidding. Right?”

“Yeah…”

Justin starts packing up their lunch into the picnic basket, while Brian takes Gus into the bathroom and helps him wash his hands. On the way out of the office, Cynthia comes over to have one last glance at Jamie. She gushes about how adorable he is, and then she thanks Justin for the huge platter of chocolate-chip cookies he left for the staff.

~~~

Brian stops at Deb’s on the way home. She tells him about Michael’s visit and how distraught he is about their falling out.

“What the fuck am I supposed to do, Deb? If I didn’t throw it in his face, he was never going to get it.”

“I know, kiddo. I tried to tell him that’s it’s time to give up the fantasy. But he’s as stubborn as a mule sometimes.”

“You’d think the fact that Justin and I now have a family would be enough to make him see reality. I hated hurting him like that, but I had to do it.”

“You don’t have to explain it to me. If you remember correctly, it was me who called you out about acknowledging how much you loved Sunshine.”

“I guess we’ll just have to wait it out, and hopefully he’ll come around. I don’t really want to lose his friendship, but Justin has to come first. He’s my partner, and soon he’ll be my husband.”

“So when do you two plan on tying the knot?”

“I’m not sure. Justin’s trying to decide if he wants to do it before, or after the new baby comes.”

“It won’t be any easier after the new baby’s here. With two babies in diapers, and one just learning to walk, getting into everything. Yep, you two are going to have your hands full.”

Brian grins. “That’s what Grandmothers are for, so I expect lots of help from both you and Jen.”

“Yeah, you two are going to need it.”

“Thanks, Ma! Now help me finish loading all these presents into my Mercedes. I’m already late for dinner, and I’m sure Justin’s exhausted by now.”

“You’re a good father, Brian. You’ve really changed so much this last year.”

“I just wish Michael could see it.”

“Give it time… He’ll come around, I hope…”

After everything’s packed up, Brian leans in and gives Deb a kiss on her cheek. He’s thankful for her support and understanding with Michael’s dilemma.

~~~

When Brian finally gets home Justin already has a glass of wine poured and waiting for him. He’s tired, after catching up on all the new ad campaigns, storyboards, and signing what seemed like a million contracts, he’s happy to be home, and back with his boys. Gus is showing him the pictures he’s drawn for him this afternoon, while Brian helps him hang them up on his bulletin board in the playroom.

Justin’s glad Brian is home and hopes he doesn’t mind making dinner, he just doesn’t have the strength. He’s been a little nauseous this afternoon and glad Gus could entertain himself coloring. Jamie is now sleeping on Justin’s tummy as he rests on the sofa, watching Brian and Gus in the kitchen. Brian decides to heat up the minestrone soup Deb sent home with him, and make a salad to go along with it. By the time everything is ready Brian notices that Justin is sound asleep, so he decides that they’ll save him some soup to heat up later.

After dinner Brian is giving Gus his bath when he asks, “Daddy, is there really a tiny baby in Justy’s tummy?”

Brian’s a little surprised by the question so he hesitates as Gus continues.

“That’s what I heard Mommy and Mama arguing about this morning. Mommy was mad that you put a baby in Justin’s tummy.”

“Did you do that because he put baby Jamie in your tummy?”

Brian’s at a loss for words, when he realizes a simple ‘Yes’ will suffice.

“Because you love Justy?”

“Yes, very much so…”

“Don’t you love Mommy anymore? She was crying because you wouldn’t put a new baby in her tummy.”

Again Brian hesitates. “Of course I love her, but it’s different now… She has your Mama.”

“Why doesn’t Mama put a new baby in her tummy?”

“It’s not that simple…”

“Because Mama doesn’t have a penis?”

“That’s right.”

“So Daddy, when I grow up can I put a baby in Justy’s tummy too?”

“Well… By the time you’re all grown up, you’ll probably meet someone else who you want to make a baby with.”

“No. I love Justy, just like you, Daddy.”

“I know, Gus…”

“I’m always going to love him.”

“I know, but it’s different. You’ll understand when you’re older.”

“Maybe Justy can put a baby in my tummy. I know he loves me.”

“Well that’s a long time from now. Let’s just wait until you’re older.”

“Okay! I’ll tell Justy when he wakes up.”

Brian’s at a loss for words again, but he’s pretty sure Justin will know what to say. He always knows the right thing to say. Gus is satisfied with Brian’s explanations so he finally lets this conversation go. Brian gets him dried off and into his pajamas, then they lie on his bed reading stories until Gus is asleep.

Brian goes upstairs to check on Justin, but it’s dark and locked up so he makes his way to their bedroom. There lies Justin, naked by candlelight, slowly stroking his hard cock.

“What took you so long?”

Brian looks down at him with sultry eyes, as he shimmies out of his jeans and t-shirt. He crawls up Justin’s body, pushing him onto his back. Their lips find one another as their passion builds, and their skin becomes warm and sensitive. Rubbing and grinding against one another, they roll around on the bed ending up with Brian on his back as Justin continues his onslaught of kisses. They can never seem to get enough of one another, their love just keeps growing stronger every day.

They’re happy, happier than they ever thought they would be. Brian never thought he would be, or could be a family man, but he wouldn’t want it any other way. He loves Justin with all his heart and he’s really looking forward to getting married. He’s been thinking about it a lot since he talked with Deb tonight. He doesn’t just want a commitment ceremony, he wants it to be legal, which means they’ll have to go out of state, because Pennsylvania doesn’t recognize same-sex marriage, at least not yet.

He smiles up at Justin, watching him as he starts running kisses down his chest. His cock is firm and hard, poking Justin in the stomach. Justin changes gear and runs his tongue around his belly button, and then down lower until he captures the head of his dick between his lips. Brian arches his back, making Justin take him deeper down his throat. Soon he’s overwhelmed with sensations as Justin runs his lips up and down his shaft.

Brian loves it when he hits the back of Justin’s throat, loves the feeling of his head gliding against his warm wet mouth. Justin increases his movements, heightening Brian’s desire, pulling him closer to his climax. Brian moans the more excited he becomes, and soon he feels Justin sucking him harder as he fondles his balls, sending sparks shooting through his groin.

Justin can tell Brian’s getting close so he flicks his tongue across his slit and round his crown, triggering Brian’s orgasm. He shoots down Justin’s throat, who continues running his lips up and down his cock, pumping the last of his juices from him, then he crawls up and gives Brian a taste. Brian loves tasting his own sweet cream on Justin’s lips, almost as much as Justin does. Justin lies with his head resting on Brian’s chest as he comes down from his erotic high.

Brian plays with his hair, loving the feel of his soft silky mane running through his fingers. They lie together for several minutes until Brian’s ready for round two, then he rolls Justin over until he’s lying on his stomach. He positions himself behind Justin, between Justin’s legs, with him on all fours. Even though Justin is wet with excitement he coats his fingers with lube, and spreads the gel around his pucker just to be careful.

Then he pushes deep into him, as moans escape Justin’s throat in approval, loving the feeling of being full. What starts out slow and gentle quickly develops into a steady pace with Brian plunging deeper, caressing Justin’s prostate. As the friction builds waves of pleasure radiate throughout their limbs. Several more deep thrusts and soon they’re trembling as they both climax.

They roll over onto their side, as they catch their breath, still loving the connection between them, loving the intensity of being together flesh on flesh. Sometimes it’s almost too much, their senses on overload, consumed with the passion they feel for each other.

They lie together until they hear Jamie start to cry. Justin gets up to check on him, knowing that it’s time for his bottle. While Justin is taking care of Jamie, Brian sneaks a cigarette. Of course Justin will bust his balls when he gets back, he promised he’d stop smoking. He did throughout his pregnancy, but he was feeling a little stressed today at work and bummed a couple of cigarettes from one of the junior ad execs.

TBC…