- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The boys decide it’s time to make a commitment, let the games begin…

Title: Christmas Presents…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 5764
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Passion, Lust, M-Preg…
Beta Queen: BigJ52
Banner: aaa_mazing

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Summary: The boys decide it’s time to make a commitment, let the games begin…

Chapter Twenty ~ Commitments

“Oh my God! Oh my God! Jamie, you just rolled over. I can’t believe you just did that all by yourself.”
Justin is totally enthralled by his son. Jamie woke up and heard Justin singing and he actually turned over to see him. It seems that Jamie is just as enthralled with Justin as Justin is with him. Now Jamie’s laying on his side sticking his tongue out at Justin. Of course being the proud papa that he is, he quickly takes a picture on his phone and sends it to Brian.

Brian’s in the middle of a meeting listening to Ted drone on about the quarterly projections. His phone vibrates so he checks the caller ID and sees that it’s from Justin, so he opens up the pic of his adorable son. Sometimes his misses staying home all day with him, being able to see all the changes and nuances in his development. He’s lost in his thoughts when Ted’s voice finally penetrates his consciousness.





“Brian? Brian? Are you even listening to me?”

“I’m sorry, Ted. I needed to take this text that Justin sent me. Go on, you have my full attention now.”

Cynthia’s sitting next to Brian, so she looks over his shoulder. Then she lets out a little squeal at seeing how adorable Jamie is. Ted just looks at the two of them and finally says.

“Do you two want to share with the class?”

Cynthia gushes, “Oh Ted, he’s so cute. You have to see the pic just Justin sent of Jamie.”

Thankfully it’s just the three of them in the financial review meeting. Nobody would believe that the great Brian Kinney would be smiling so broadly, looking at baby photos, but of course it’s different when it’s your baby.

“He is one cute kid, Bri. Just wait until there’s two of them running around.”

“Yeah, everyone keeps saying that, but Justin and I can’t wait. He loves being a stay-at-home dad, and to tell you the truth, I’m a little jealous.”

“You two are great parents, Brian. You should be proud. Who would have ever thought?”

“Life’s a funny thing. Just when you least expect it, everything changes and you find out that you wouldn’t want it any other way.”

“I’m happy for you, Brian. You deserve some happiness in your life. I’m so glad you and Justin finally got on the same page.”

“Thanks. Now let’s get back to all your spreadsheets and financial reports so we can wind this up, and I can go home for lunch.”

~~~

Lindsay’s getting Gus and JR ready to be dropped off at daycare. Gus keeps telling Lindsay how much he loved staying with his fathers last week. How him and Justin painted pictures, baked cookies and watched the Little Mermaid DVD over and over. Lindsay’s getting a little irritated with all this happy talk about how much Gus loves spending his days with Justin. She can’t help being a little jealous that Justin can stay home all day, while she has to go to work. Gus’s enthusiasm is a bit overwhelming, and instead of hearing what a great time he had, she only hears that she’s not there for him the way Justin is, and somehow she’s failing as a good mother.

The truth is by the time her and Mel get home from work the kids are a handful, often snapping at them or each other. They’re so exhausted that just getting them dinner and a bath wears them out. And there’s no time left for them to be a couple, to be romantic. As much as she hates to admit it, she never would have been able to raise Jamie. She wouldn’t have the time or energy to be there for him. She hardly has time as it is now, and this just makes her even more envious of Justin and his life.

By the time she’s finally at work, she’s already exhausted and wonders how she’s going to be cheerful enough to sell paintings and sculptures to the few patrons who happen to come into the gallery. She knows that the gallery isn’t making much money, and Sidney is struggling to make ends meet. She tries to looks busy when she notices him looking her way. But the truth is she hates having to be the one who vacuums and dusts, cleaning everything, making sure the gallery is spotless.

She used to be the one directing where the paintings should be hung, and now she’s the one having to move and rehang everything. Sidney offered her the extra duties, letting her know he would have to cut back on her hours otherwise. So she accepted, and the maintenance man was let go. As much as she’s resentful about having to do the menial tasks around the gallery, the last thing she wants is for Mel to find out that Sidney will soon be bankrupt if things don’t pick up.

Ideally she’d like to be a stay-at-home mom, they never figured that raising two children would be so expensive. Although Brian more than helps out supporting Gus and Jenny Rebecca, Michael hasn’t supported JR since she was born, and Mel refuses to allow her to ask Brian for more money. Even before they had kids, Mel was always chiding her about her frivolous spending, but she’s never felt she had to give up all those little extras.

Raising two children was now putting a burden on their bank account, and Mel actually suggested that she look for a more lucrative job. Working at the gallery made her feel like she was still part of the art world, and gave her a prestigious title, but the pay was minimal, and there was no chance for promotion. Of course she was in total denial about that and her wasteful spending. She felt she deserved to live the same lifestyle as her mother, even though her father was a CEO of a large corporation.

Sidney asks to talk with her. She’s nervous as she can read him and knows that something is wrong.

“Lindsay, I appreciate that you’ve taken on more duties this last month, but we both know your heart isn’t in it. The gallery is often still dusty, and the floors need to be vacuumed daily. My wife has been coming in some evenings to help out, and as hard as it is, I’m afraid I’m going to have to let you go.”

“No, please, Sidney. I promise I’ll be more attentive. I’ve been under some stress at home, and I really need this job.”

“Lindsay, I told you when we talked about this last month that it might come to this. I suggested that you start looking for another position. I’m sorry but I just can’t afford to keep you on. I can run the gallery myself with how few buyers we’ve had the last six months.”

Lindsay’s in shock, she just didn’t believe she’d ever be fired. She never even looked for another job as finding a position in a gallery is difficult. She feels like crying, and she can only imagine Mel’s reaction to the news. Especially since she asked her to look for something else months ago. Her response to Mel was that she couldn’t leave Sidney. He needed her, and he couldn’t run the gallery without her.

~~~

Michael was tired as he had worked a double shift at the bakery and all he wanted was to take a nap. But as much as he tried to ignore his cell phone and just get some sleep, whoever was calling was persistent. He finally answers it and is met with a very angry Keith.

“Don’t you ever ignore my phone calls again! I want you to answer your phone by the third ring from now on. I will not be ignored! Is that understood?”

“I’m sorry, baby. I ‘m just so tired from work. Please forgive me. It won’t happen again.”

“See to it that it doesn’t!”

“So what was so important anyways?”

“What? Do I need a reason to be checking up on you?”

“No. No, of course not. It’s just that you made it seem so important.”

“It is always important that you’re available to me at all times.”

“Alright, okay… I promise…”

“That’s better. Now I’ll be by in a little while and we can pack up your things. I think it’s best that you move into my place immediately. That way I’ll always know where you are.”

“Okay? But don’t you think maybe my mom might be right. Maybe it’s a little too soon?”

“Are you questioning me?”

“No, no, never. I just… I don’t know.”

“Michael, I will not allow you to question my decisions. What I say goes! Is that understood?”

“Yes, yes, of course. I can’t wait for us to be together all the time.”

“That’s better. I plan on keeping close tabs on you from now on, and you’re to ask before you go out. I don’t want to catch you hanging around with those so-called friends without my permission. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, of course. I love that you’re so protective of me, you must really love me.”

“I’m glad we understand each other. Now don’t disappointment me.”

Michael hangs up the phone and lies down for a little shut-eye, but he can’t sleep, he’s too excited about moving in with Keith. Things are really turning around for him. He’s finally found someone that really cares about him and what he’s up to. A huge smile spreads across his face as he daydreams about his new life with Keith.

~~~

It’s only lunch-time, so Lindsay decides to go to the diner and get something to eat. Deb’s running around taking orders and serving the pink-plate special to all the guys. She wonders where Michael is as he usually stops by for lunch. When she finally gets a breather, she sits down across from Lindsay noticing that she’s reading the want ads.

“Are you looking for a second job?”

“Oh, hi Deb. I was just checking to see what was out there.”

She looks up at Deb with tears in her eyes, finally confiding in her that she’s lost her job and she’s afraid to tell Melanie about it.

“Lindsay, this isn’t your fault. The economy is bad everywhere. It’s a wonder you weren’t let go sooner. Besides, I’m sure Mel will understand.”

“I don’t know, maybe you’re right. I just feel so… so worthless, my job was everything. It made me feel special, like I was someone. Now I just feel lost.”

“Nonsense! Stop feeling sorry for yourself and make a new start. Look, Michael did it and now he has a new career. I’m so proud of him. He’s pulled his life together after everything he’s been through. He’s finally happy, and Keith is so nice, and so good for him.”

She was feeling a little better after talking with Deb. Maybe Deb’s right, maybe it’s time for a new start. Teaching really isn’t her thing. Sure she taught before, but it’s so seasonal. Right now it‘s the middle of the semester so no possibilities of teaching even if she wanted to. She orders a big salad and iced tea as she reads through the want ads, although she’ll probably have better luck looking online. Most jobs these days were posted on the internet.

~~~

“Brian, you’re home for lunch!”

“Yeah, my lunch meeting was canceled at the last minute, so I decided I’d come see my favorite boys.”

Justin reaches up to give Brian a kiss. He feels Brian lift him off the floor, and kisses him passionately. Jamie lets out a little squeal to let Brian know much he missed him.

“Hey there, Sonny Boy. I didn’t forget about you.”

Brian reaches down and picks him up, cradling him in his arms, as he kisses him on the top of his head. Justin smells the take-out Brian set on the counter and starts unpacking the Thai food, as his stomach starts rumbling.

“Oh God, Brian, this smells so good. I’m starving.”

“Of course you are. You’re always starving.”

“I’m eating for two now, and I need my strength.”

Brian sees Jamie’s bottle ready by the stove, so he grabs it and sits down with him, giving him his bottle. Justin sets the table and brings over the plates he’s fixed, loaded with sesame noodles, peanut chicken, curry beef and the cucumber salad Brian likes so much.

“I talked with Maria and she’ll be back on Monday. She needed time to get settled in after being in Florida for the last couple of months. She couldn’t stop thanking me for us letting her spend so much time with her family.”

“I’m glad she spent some time away, she deserved it after taking care of me. She really was a godsend those last few months of my pregnancy, and after Jamie was born.”

“Yeah, she misses Jamie. She can’t wait to get back here and see us. She’s going to love the loft now that we’ve remodeled. And she’ll be able to watch Jamie while I concentrate on my painting.”

“Have you given any thought to our wedding and when you might want to get married?”

“Well… From everything my mom and Deb have said, maybe it would be best if we did it before the new baby comes. They keep telling me how much work two babies are going to be. But you’ll take some time off again when he’s born. Right?”

“He’s? Is there something you haven’t told me?”

“No, no, I just have a feeling it’s a boy. I wonder if we’ll be able to tell during my next ultrasound, it’s only two weeks away.”

“Maybe. I don’t remember when they told me it was a boy.”

“So you knew?”

“Yeah, but I didn’t tell anyone. Besides everyone was acting so strange, and expecting me to give the baby up. I still can’t believe they thought that I would ever consider that.”

“I really wish you had told me. I missed out on so much.”

“I know, Sunshine, and I’m sorry. I was wrong to not have told you what was going on. I just didn’t want you to lose out on your big opportunity of making the movie with Brett.”

“I know, and I forgive you. It’s just… I really wish I had been here with you. I can’t imagine doing this without you.”

“And you won’t have to. I’ll be by your side the whole time. So there’s nothing to worry about.”

“Do you really have to go back to work this afternoon?”

“Someone has to bring home the bacon.”

“Umm, bacon… That sounds good.”

“How can you even think about more food? I’m so stuffed after eating all that Thai food?”

“I know, but bacon. I love bacon.”

“Well, I don’t have any bacon. But I could put Jamie in his crib and you can play with my big kielbasa!”

Justin rolls his eyes, but he loves it when Brian is so corny.

“Ever the romantic.”

~~~

Josh is counting down the hours until his shift is over. He can’t wait to meet up with Emmett; they’re having a drink at Woody’s with Ted and David. He’s bored with sitting in his car, staking out the abandoned building across the street. It’s rumored to be used as a drug distribution center and he’s trying to snap a few photos of who’s coming and going. So far it’s just small-time dealers, but his interest is piqued when he sees Keith enter the building, carrying one of those silver briefcases. He can’t help thinking it’s so clichéd, just like in the movies.

He snaps a few more photos, and then zooms in to get a close-up of Keith. He’s concerned for Michael, even if he doesn’t really know him. He knows how much he means to Emmett and Carl. He can’t help having a bad feeling about the direction of Michael and Keith’s relationship. He doubts that Michael will listen to anything he has to say, at least not without proof of Keith’s wrongdoing.

He’d like nothing better than to go in there and bust Keith. But he’s been ordered to just observe, and make note of the activities taking place. Carl is much more interested in catching the big fish, and let’s face it, Keith is nothing more than a bag man for his boss Big Jack. Even though he hasn’t talked with Carl about it, he knows that Michael is gambling again. He can’t really mention it, because Emmett told him about it in confidence. So he’ll just have to wait until Carl brings it up, or they arrest Keith.

~~~

David is just finishing up at the office when Hank calls; he knows that he and Emmett have a date tonight. Hank and Hunter seemed to have hit it off the other night at dinner, and Hunter wants him to come over tonight and hang out. David’s fine with that, he wants Hank to start making friends back here in Pittsburgh, now that they’ve moved back and he has full custody. It seems that the ex is too busy dating to have time to raise a teenage son these days.

But David doesn’t mind. He loves being able to rebuild his relationship with his son, having spent so much time apart when they lived so far away from one another. David really is a good parent. He remembers how strict his parents were with him, always pushing him to be the best. He now knows that all that really matters is being honest with him, and being there for him when he is needed.

Even though he’s no longer with Michael, it seems that he’s inherited Deb as a mother-in-law anyways. But he knows that Deb has his best interest at heart, and she’ll look out for Hank just like he was her own son. Nothing ever gets past Deb, she’s more like the police than Carl. And she makes her opinion known, whether you like it or not, so he’s sure Hank is in good hands even when he’s not around.

~~~

Lindsay is making Mel’s favorite dinner, trying to set the mood for when she has to tell her the inevitable. Mel’s tired and cranky when she comes in, having spent the afternoon in court and losing her case to an unseasoned DA. She can’t believe that know-it-all, sarcastic prosecutor actually won. She was so sure the judge would find there wasn’t enough evidence against her client and let him go.

But he was picked out of a lineup, and he fit the description of the guy holding up the liquor store. He swore to Melanie that he wasn’t there, that he didn’t do it. But after listening to the case against him she wasn’t so sure anymore. But she still hated losing, it wouldn’t bode well back at the office. She needed as many acquittals as possible to prove that she deserved a raise, and even a promotion. Now it looked like that wouldn’t happen anytime soon.

So instead of being happy about Lindsay making Beef Tips in Burgundy Sauce, with asparagus and double chocolate cake for dessert, she snapped at her, complaining that they couldn’t afford to eat Sunday dinner in the middle of the week. She filled her wine glass to the rim from the bottle of burgundy on the table and said she had work to do in her office. Lindsay watched her walk out of the kitchen, wondering what to do to try and make things better, worrying even more about the news she had to share.

~~~

Keith was instructing Michael as to where he should put all his things as he unpacked. It was obvious that unlike when he moved in with David, and could keep some of his toys out for display, Keith quickly rejected that idea. He told Michael to grow up, and pack his toys away, or even better yet, get rid of them, saying they were tacky and it was childish for a grown man to collect children’s toys. He showed his disgust by saying he hoped that Michael didn’t actually play with them.

Michael quietly packed them back up, the few remaining toys he still had after losing most of them when Brian closed his comic book shop. For the first time he felt hurt that Keith was being overly brutal talking to him the way he did. He didn’t understand why Keith was being so mean, and now he really was questioning his relationship with Keith. Maybe his mother was right, maybe they were moving too fast. But he wanted to show Brian that he had someone special in his life. He wanted Brian to think twice about how he had rejected the idea of them being together.

A little while later after all of Michael’s doubts had vanished, he found himself tied up on Keith’s bed. He was getting excited as Keith tied his wrists and ankles just a little too tight. There wasn’t much give for movement as he struggled against the knots.

“Ouch! That hurts!”

“Did I give you permission to talk?”

“Keith, really. I think the ropes are tied too tight.”

“You want me to punish you, don’t you? Do not speak again without my permission.”

Keith proceeded to crack his whip a little too forcefully as the ends of the leather slashed across Michael’s back, and buttocks. Michael took a deep breath, afraid to make any noise. He remembered the one time Ben tied him up and it had been a total turn-on, but this, this was damn scary. He silently prays that it will be over soon, trying to ignore the sting from the welts that are forming across his backside.

“Promise me, Michael, that you will never look at another man. That you will never daydream about another man. Promise me that you will devote yourself to me and all my desires. Never questioning my demands, and never divulging our secrets.”

“I promise.”

“Good… Understand that I will not tolerate disobedience. You will always do as I say. If I find out that you haven’t, I will have no choice but to inflict you with unimaginable pain. You belong to me now, heart, mind and soul…”

Michael’s head was swirling as he nodded in acknowledgment of Keith’s commands. He bites his tongue, as he repeatedly feels the ends of the whip striking his flesh. He is wishing that the torture would end and the pain would subside. But it continues for what feels like an eternity, until Michael has blacked out from the pain.

~~~

Emmett’s running late to meet up with Josh, Ted and David; they meet regularly after work at Woody’s these days. It’s funny how things change. It used to be Brian, Michael, Ted and him getting together for a drink after work. But these days Brian likes to spend his evenings with Justin and Jamie. Who would have ever thought that Brian would enjoy being domestic, having dinner with his family and cuddling on the sofa, drinking wine?

And Michael. Who even knows what he’s up to these days? It seems like they never see him anymore. Even Deb has started to complain that he never comes to the diner for breakfast or lunch. She misses him, getting the daily rundown on his everyday life. But she’s sure that he’s too busy now that he and Keith are together. And as hard as it is for her to let him go, she knows that it’s the natural course of how his life should be.

As Emmett runs out the door he answers his phone. Justin is calling to ask him if he has time to stop by tomorrow. He wants to start planning their wedding, so they make it a date to go over all the details for their nuptials. Now Emmett can’t wait to tell the guys, he loves being the first one to know the current gossip around Liberty Avenue.

~~~

Brian and Justin lie spread out across their king-size bed, sweat glistening on their skin as they catch their breath. He plays with Justin’s hair, loving the feel of his silky blond locks between his fingers.

“I thought about what you said, and I think you’re right. We should get married sooner, rather than later.”

“It makes sense. Besides I don’t want you stressing out over all the details and I’d prefer to be married before the new baby comes.”

“Oh, you want to make an honest man out of me…?”

“Something like that.”

“You sooo love me!”

“Brat!”

Brian reaches down and runs his hand across Justin’s back as he snuggles closer to him. Justin’s practically purring, loving the feel of Brian’s touch, never being able to get enough of him.

“You know I’m thinking it would be great to go someplace warm and sunny on our honeymoon.”

“That sounds great, Brian. But are we going to take Jamie with us? I don’t think I’m ready to be away from him just yet.”

“I had a feeling you’d feel that way. How about we have Maria come with us? She can have her own set of rooms next to ours and then you can see Jamie anytime you want and we’ll still have our privacy.”

“Yeah, that sounds good, and I’m sure she won’t mind getting away again.”

“I’ll call the travel agency tomorrow and start looking for some place special.”

“I asked Emmett to come by tomorrow as well, so we could start planning the wedding.”

“I’m sure you two won’t have any problem spending my money.”

“You know, it will have to be relatively soon. I really don’t want my little butterball showing… Well, not too much anyways.”

“Whatever you want, Sunshine. I’ll tell you what. You plan the wedding, and I’ll plan the honeymoon.”

“Does that mean you’re not going to tell me where we’re going?”

“I have to have some surprises for you now, don’t I?”

Justin crawls up Brian’s body and gives him a passionate kiss. Their erections caress each other and soon Brian finds Justin lowering himself down onto him again, until he’s completely engulfed in his tight channel. It’s a good thing Justin’s still wet and well lubed from their prior activity.

Their eyes lock on one another, as Justin slowly starts raising and lowering himself on Brian’s hard shaft. He loves the feel of Brian gliding against his snug walls, loves feeling the ripples as they build throughout his body. Being pregnant has only made his sex drive more intense. Sometimes when Jamie’s napping he can’t help thinking about Brian, and soon he finds himself horny and overcome with desire. He’s been known to put in one of their sex DVDs and work himself into oblivion.

Justin’s head leans back as he finds himself consumed with sensations. His thrusts increase and soon he’s slamming himself down hard on Brian’s beautiful head, as it pounds his prostate. He’s moaning a little too loudly, and Brian’s grateful they soundproofed the walls when they remodeled the loft. The last thing he wants is to have to rock Jamie back to sleep, after rocking Justin to sleep.

Soon that tingling sensation starts building in Brian’s groin. He feels Justin’s slick walls clamp down on him, pulling them both closer to their destination. Justin’s hand automatically encompasses his cock as he works himself to fruition. They both reach their climax together, as Justin shoots across his chest and Brian coats his ravine. It still drives Justin crazy as he’s filled with Brian’s warm spunk.

Justin’s panting as Brian reaches up, helping to lower him to his chest where they remain until they’ve both recovered from their intense love-making session. Justin loves falling asleep in Brian’s arms, still fully penetrated until Brian becomes flaccid. Only these days there’s no worry about losing the condom, which only intensifies their union being flesh on flesh.

~~~

Michael woke up late the next morning, his welts still stinging, and unable to sit comfortably without feeling extreme pain. He smells coffee brewing in the kitchen, and goes to get a cup. He finds a note from Keith saying he’ll be back soon, letting Michael know that he has called the bakery and told them he was sick. Michael is relieved that he doesn’t have to go to work, but he is also concerned about Keith returning so soon. He needs a little down time, a little time to himself.

He calls Brian at work but Cynthia informs him that Brian’s in the middle of a presentation and can’t be disturbed. He stands drinking his morning coffee, wishing that he could talk with Brian. He needs to confide in someone, needs to rationalize what he’s feeling. He hates the idea that he’s made a mistake, then he thinks he must be overreacting. After all, Keith loves him, otherwise he wouldn’t be so over protective. Right?

In his fantasies about him and Brian living happily ever after, he always daydreamed that Brian would be like this. Always wanting to know where he was, who he was with, and showing just a little jealousy when other guys looked at him. Yes, he must be overreacting; Keith wouldn’t act this way if he wasn’t in love. After all, actions speak louder than words. Just then he hears Keith’s key in the lock, he goes over to open the door for him. That’s when he realizes it’s a double dead-bolt, that he needs a key to open the door.

This should be setting off all kind of alarms in Michael’s head, but he’s too blind to see the implications of it. It doesn’t occur to him that he wouldn’t be able to leave if he wanted to, that he was a prisoner in his own home. Keith comes in and hugs Michael, asking him what he’s been up to this morning. Michael just shrugs, telling him not much of anything. Keith grabs a cup of coffee and starts to read the newspaper. A few minutes later he gets a message on his phone. He’s downloaded an app that monitors all of Michael’s phone calls, as well as a GPS app showing exactly where Michael is at all times.

“Who’d you call this morning?”

“Huh?”

Keith frowns at him, asking again, “I said, who-did-you-call-this-morning?”

“Oh. I just called Brian to see how he’s doing?”

“Brian? Why Brian? You think I didn’t notice the way you were looking at him on Sunday night? Are you sleeping with Brian!!! Don’t lie to me, Michael! I’ll know if you’re lying.”

“No. No, of course not. He’s my best friend.”

“I thought we went over this before, Michael? I’m your best friend now. Is that understood? I don’t want you talking to him without my permission.”

“But, we’re just friends. I swear, that’s all…”

Keith angrily gets up from the kitchen table and pushes Michael against the wall, wedging him between the stove and the fridge. Keith turns on the gas, lighting the burner, and then he holds Michael’s hand over the flame. Michael cries out in pain, begging Keith to stop. Finally he does. Michael slides down the wall holding his arm, waiting for the pain to subside.

“Next time you think about calling one of your so-called friends, you’ll think twice and remember to ask permission first.”

“I will. I will, I promise.”

Michael remains paralyzed, sitting on the floor as Keith goes back to reading the paper like nothing happened. He occasionally glances over at Michael, hoping he’s learned his lesson.

“You know, Michael, it hurts me more than it does you, when you make me punish you like this. Now get up and fix me some breakfast. I’m hungry.”

~~~

Justin’s been nauseous all morning, worse than usual. He’s lying on the sofa, with Jamie sleeping on his stomach. He called his mother a little while ago, and she said she’d be over to see him later this afternoon. So he’s surprised when he hears someone knocking on the loft door. He looks over to see Deb pulling the door open, carrying a batch of her homemade chicken soup.

“Your mother called and mentioned that you’re not feeling well, so I made you some soup. It’s the best medicine. Besides you need to eat something to keep up your strength. Being pregnant isn’t for wusses, you know.”

She makes him a bowl and brings it over to the coffee table, taking Jamie from him as he sits up and tries to eat some of her famous soup. He’s hungry and it tastes really good, just what he needed. He thanks her for being so caring, and for bringing him some of his favorite sesame rolls he loves so much from the diner. It’s obvious that she needs someone to look after, now that Michael hasn’t been around much lately.

Justin’s grateful for the help. He’s getting exhausted more lately, and it seems that the change of seasons have his allergies kicking in, only making things worse. Deb goes to fix Jamie a bottle and notices all the cookies, cakes and pastries in the kitchen.

“Geez, you could open your own bakery with all the baked goods in here.”

“I can’t help it. My craving seems to get the best of me. I actually found a place on-line that will pick up and deliver you just about anything you want inside the city limits.”

“Well, it’s a good thing I brought some soup. When I leave here I’m going to go to the grocery store and get you some real food. You know it’s not healthy for the baby, if you eat all this sugar.”

Justin doesn’t even try and complain, although he thinks it a little strange since he just told her that they deliver anything he wants. But he knows she’s lonely, missing Michael and she needs to be needed. Of course he already has a list of things he wants, so he gives it to her, along with Brian’s credit card. He knows she can’t really afford to be buying their groceries.

He actually starts feeling better after eating lunch which is a good thing because Emmett should be there soon. So he starts daydreaming about the wedding, still in awe that it’s really happening. A huge sunshine smile spreads across his face as he envisions him and Brian exchanging vows.

TBC...