- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Bad Moon Arisen. It’s a bad day in Pittsburgh, and it just keeps getting worse…

Title: Christmas Presents…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 5240
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Passion, Lust, M-Preg…
Beta Queen: BigJ52
Banner: aaa_mazing

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Summary: Bad Moon Arisen. It’s a bad day in Pittsburgh, and it just keeps getting worse…

Chapter Twenty Two ~ She Did What!

Brian leans over to kiss Justin good bye before he leaves for work. “Don’t rock the bed!”

“Sorry, Sunshine. Are you still feeling nauseous?” Brian asks as he peeks at Justin under the covers he has pulled up over his head.

“It’s too bright. It’s making me feel more nauseous.”

Brian runs his hand through Justin’s hair. “What can I do to make you feel better?”

“Just go! Go to work and leave me alone.”

“Okay, I’ll tell Maria that you’re not feeling well. That you need your rest.”

“Brian. Brian, I need a kiss before you go.”

Brian smirks, it’s going to be one of those days. He leans down again, making sure he doesn’t touch the bed. He carefully kisses Sunshine’s precious forehead, and then more passionately he kisses his lips.

“I’ll call you after my meeting’s over and see how you’re doing.”

“Brian, could you bring me some of those really creamy Dove chocolates tonight when you come home? I really need chocolate.”

“Of course you do… Maybe you should make a list. I’m sure you’ll be having more cravings before I see you tonight.”

“Okay, I really love you!”

“I know. I love you too.”

Just as Brian is getting into his car, his cell rings. He thinks about ignoring it, but he knows from the ring tone that it’s Deb’s house phone.

“Good morning, Deb. Is everything okay? It’s a little early for you to be calling.”

“It’s not that early, it’s 7 a.m.”

“Right…”

“Well, I haven’t slept much lately. I’m worried about Michael.”

Brian shifts uncomfortably in his seat. He’s not sure how he feels about Michael these days. It seems like he isn’t sure where Michael’s head is anymore, and he can’t for the life of him understand what the attraction to Keith is all about.

“Brian? Are you still there?”

“Yeah Deb, I’m here.”

“I said I’m worried about Michael. I’ve left him several messages, and he’s not answering his door. I don’t even think he knows about Keith being arrested.”

“Maybe it will finally penetrate his thick skull, that Keith is a real loser.”

“Brian, I liked Keith. I can’t believe he’s involved in all this trouble.”

“Trouble? It’s way more than just trouble, Deb. But then you always see the good in people.”

“Brian, I know you’re busy with Kinnetik, but I was hoping you could go by his place and talk to him.”

“Deb, we haven’t really been on talking terms much lately. He’s still smarting from our last knockdown drag-out fight. I’m not sure he wants to hear from me.”

“Please Brian, if anyone can talk to him it’s you.”

“I don’t even know where he’s living?”

“I’ll give you the address. Thanks, thanks so much, Brian. I knew I could count on you.”

With that, Brian hangs up the phone. He’s irritated that he’s now responsible for telling Michael about Keith’s arrest. He can just imagine how Michael will spin this to be all his fault. After all, all Michael’s problems must surely he his fault. He pulls out of the underground parking garage, unaware that he’s being watched. They’re just waiting until after Brian leaves to put their plan into action.

~~~

Emmett’s making Belgian waffles with crisp bacon for Josh, while he sleeps in. He has a few days off after his big arrest. He’s waiting for his next assignment, now that his cover has been blown on investigating Big Jack, and the drug cartel. Emmett kisses him on his lips, bring him to life. He was exhausted last night; this case has taken a lot out of him. A few days off is just what the doctor ordered; he just wishes that Em could take a few days off himself.

They have breakfast in bed as they watch the sunrise over the river. Josh has never felt more pampered. He usually has to be at the station by seven for roll call and hear all the case assignments for the day. Josh’s place is really comfortable and it feels like home to Em. He just wished that was the case, but they need time, time to feel secure in their relationship. Neither one wants to rush into anything, and find out later they made a big mistake. They have a lazy morning making love, then enjoy a long hot shower together. But eventually Em has to head over to see Justin, as they need to finalize the wedding plans.

~~~

Shortly after Brian leaves for work, Lindsay’s knocking on the loft door. It sure was easier when she still had a key. But Brian took it away last fall when she kept coming over, harassing him about her and Mel raising Baby J.

“Maria, good morning. Is Justin here?”

“No, he’s not available.”

The last thing Justin needs right now is to have to deal with Lindsay and her attitude. So Maria makes sure Lindsay knows today isn’t a good day for an unexpected visit.

“You need to call first. Today’s no good.”

“Maria, I’m family. I don’t need an excuse to drop by.”

Maria just stares at her. She doesn’t trust her for a minute, and it’s too early to just drop by for a visit.

“Do you have Jamie already? I’m sure Brian told you that I would be taking care of Jamie from now on. After all, you have enough to do around here without having to care for a baby.”

Maria continues to stare at her, something isn’t right… Brian never mentioned to her that Lindsay would be caring for Jamie.

“Maria! I asked you a question. Now, is he ready? Or do I have to get Jamie’s things together?”

“No! Senior Brian said nothing about you caring for the baby.”

“I’m sure it just slipped his mind. Now where is he?”

Maria stood firmly in her way, placing a hand on her chest, stopping her from entering the loft any further.

“Maria. What’s gotten into you? Now let me pass, I need to get Jamie.”

“No! You should leave. I don’t believe you!”

“Maria. You’re hardly in a position to question me. Like I said, I’m family and you’re well, you’re simply the hired help.”

“I’m calling the police if you don’t leave!”

“Really? Well, I’m calling immigration if you don’t get Jamie for me right now!”

Maria stands her ground, frustrating Lindsay and throwing her off her game. She pushes past Maria, and goes into the play room. She finds his diaper bag and starts filling it with clothes and toys, more than he’ll need for the afternoon. Meanwhile Maria slips into the study and calls Brian, but he is in a meeting.

Justin has finally fallen asleep, after eating the oatmeal Maria made him. She was sure the problem was that he was weak from not eating. She’s told him he needs to keep his strength up while he’s pregnant. He hears loud talking, almost yelling, but he thinks it’s probably one of Maria’s soap operas she’s so fond of. Brian has subscribed to a Spanish speaking channel so she can watch all her soaps in her native tongue. So when he hears yelling in Spanish he just falls back asleep.

While she is calling Brian, she decides to lock the bedroom door where Jamie is sleeping. She doesn’t trust Lindsay not to try and take him by force. Once Lindsay has Jamie’s things all packed, she starts looking for him. She hasn’t actually been in the lower level of the loft before so she isn’t sure about the floor plan, or where he might be.

They have been fighting for quite some time now, threatening each other and making a ruckus. More yelling breaks out as Maria stops Lindsay from going down the stairs. They become even louder, so they don’t hear the knocking at the door. They both freeze as they watch the loft door being pulled open. Two uniformed police officers walk in, saying that they had a report of a disturbance at this address.

Lindsay automatically states that she is Jamie’s mother, and Maria is holding him against her will. She demands that the police get her son for her now! Of course, with Maria’s broken English and limited use of the language she has a hard time explaining the situation.

“So Mrs. Kinney, if he’s your son and she works for you, what’s the actual problem? Is she holding him hostage?”

”Well no, not exactly. I’m separated from my husband. But I have joint custody and I’m here to pick him up.”

“No! She lie! She’s not his mother! She has no custody!”

“Well… One of you is lying.”

~~~

The loft door isn’t the only door being pounded on this morning.

“Michael! Michael, for fuck’s sake, answer the door!”

Brian continues banging on the door. He hears someone moving around inside and he’s not happy that Michael seems to be ignoring him. He can’t understand why he just doesn’t open the door.

“Christ, Michael, I can hear you! Novotny! Just open the fucking door!”

“Go away, Brian. I have nothing to say to you!”

“Your mother called. She’s worried about you, about how you’re handling Keith’s arrest.”

“What do you mean Keith’s arrest?”

“Why don’t you open the door and we’ll talk?”

“No! I don’t believe you.”

“What? Why? Why would I lie about something like this? And why won’t you open the fucking door? Or for that matter, answer your phone?”

Silence.

“Michael! Do I have to break down the door?”

“Just go away!”

“What’s wrong with you? Open the damn door!”

“No! I… I can’t…”

“What the fuck does that mean?”

“You shouldn’t be here. Keith’s going to be mad.”

“He’s in jail, Michael. Since when am I not allowed to visit you? Is Keith that insecure?”

“He has a bit of a temper. So just go away.”

“I’m going to count to ten, then I’m going to kick the door in unless you open it.”

“I can’t… I can’t open it. It’s locked and I don’t have a key.”

Brian thinks, ‘What? What the fuck!’ Then he stands back and kicks the door. It cracks and splinters, one more kick and the door frame gives a little. One last kick and the panel breaks and falls to the floor. Brian breaks the rest of the wood out, creating a large enough space for him to enter.

“Just what the fuck is going on, Michael?”

“Oh God! Do you have any idea how much trouble I’m going to be in? Keith’s going to kill me when he finds out it was you. Then he’s going to kill you, he thinks we’re having an affair.”

“An affair, Michael? Really? After your little hissy fit, it should be obvious that I’m never going to be interested in you in a romantic way.”

“But Keith doesn’t know about that. He’s seen the way I look at you, and he’s figured out that I’m attracted to you. He’s consumed with jealousy. He even thinks Emmett is interested in me.”

“Why are you even in a relationship with him? He sounds like a complete loser, not to mention a criminal.”

Michael waves his arms around, gesturing. “You just don’t understand him. He loves me. He’s not afraid to show me how much he cares.”

Brian frowns, then reaches out, running his hand over Michael’s exposed stomach, then his back. He sees all the bruises, some still deep purple, while others are now an ugly shade of yellow and gray. Brian just shakes his head, wondering just what Michael has gotten himself into.

“You think that’s love? Why don’t you pack your things? I think you should leave.”

“No, Brian. You just don’t understand him.”

“Michael! Did you hear me when I said he was arrested? He was caught with two kilos of grass, and he had a dead hustler in his trunk.”

“I don’t believe you! You’re lying! You just want to split us up! You’re jealous that I finally have someone who loves me.”

“He’s a fucking thug, Michael! I didn’t want to tell you this, but he’s the same loan shark who was going to kill you at Christmas time! Remember when you couldn’t pay your gambling debts?”

“That’s total bullshit! Keith works in security, and I’m sure he isn’t involved in drug deals and murder.”

“How can you be so blind? Look at the door. He has you locked away like a prisoner in your own home.”

“I told you, you just wouldn’t understand!”

“Michael, Michael, Michael! Beautifully naive Michael! Open your eyes, listen to yourself. You’re in over your head, but you can get out of all this. You can tell Carl what’s been going on. I’m sure he can add domestic abuse and holding you hostage to the list of crimes he’s already being held on.”

“Brian, you should leave. I simply don’t believe you. If you ask me, that Joshua has probably set him up for all this. I think he’s a police informant.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me?”

“Keith told me, he’s seen him sneaking around watching him. It’s like he’s following him for some reason.”

“So you’re really not coming with me?”

“Like I said, I don’t believe you. Besides, Keith loves me. Now just go!”

“Michael, I don’t feel good about leaving you here like this.”

“I’m fine… But wait, you have to pay for fixing the door. I can’t believe you kicked it in. That was really stupid. Like I said Keith’s going to be pissed. So you better watch out!”

Brian just shakes his head, Michael needs an intervention or something. What the hell is he going to tell Debbie? Maybe he should call Carl. He’ll know how to handle this situation. He just can’t believe Michael; he’s really digging his heels in this time. He’s so fucking gullible. Why can’t he see through all of Keith’s lies? Brian has to go as he’s already running late for his meeting. Hopefully Ted’s stepped in and started pitching the campaign to their new client, ‘Leather and Lace,’ a start-up company that sells lingerie and sex toys.

~~~

Meanwhile Emmett has just gotten to the loft and it’s crowded on the sidewalk. He can’t get past everyone to go upstairs and see Justin. All of a sudden there’s lots of loud sirens coming down the street, fire trucks and ambulances as well as more police cars. Justin sits up in bed, wondering if the building is on fire. He hears even louder yelling, and several male voices telling everyone to calm down. He climbs the stairs to see who’s there.

“What the hell is going on here?”

Everyone turns to see Justin standing at the top of the stairs, wearing only sweatpants. His belly is protruding over the waistband, because it’s making him nauseous having the elastic across his stomach. He has total bedhead hair, and if you didn’t know better he looks like he’s just come off a bender and has one hell of a hangover.

The police ask, “Who are you?” What’s your relationship to Mrs. Kinney?”

“Mrs. Kinney? There is no Mrs. Kinney. Brian Kinney is my fiancé. What are you doing here, Lindsay?”

Lindsay looks like a deer in the headlights, sure she was going to get her way. She stutters and stammers for a few minutes while everyone waits.

“Justin, I… I didn’t think you were home.”

“What’s going on, Lindsay?”

“Let me get this straight. She’s the ex Mrs. Brian Kinney, and you’re the future Mr. Kinney?”

Just then the phone rings and Justin hits the speaker by mistake when answering it.

“Hello?”

“Justin? It’s Cynthia. Is everything okay?”

“Who’s she? Another wife?”

“Kind of… She’s Brian’s work wife.”

Justin thought they could use a little levity but the police officers don’t think it’s very funny.

“Justin, I was worried. Maria called and I couldn’t understand her, she was really upset. She was talking low like she was frightened and sounded panicked. So I called the police.”

“Yeah, they’re here now. Can you have Brian come home when he gets out of his meeting? Something is not quite right about this situation.”

Lindsay tries to explain her way out of all the lies she told, but the police wise up and realize that she was trying to take Jamie without authorization. Only they’re calling it attempted kidnapping. They start to read her rights to her when there’s another knock on the door. Then the phone starts ringing, and Jamie can be heard crying through the baby monitor. Justin goes downstairs to Jamie’s room, making sure he’s alright. He answers the phone in the bedroom and it’s Emmett. Emmett’s downstairs and he sounds panicked. The police won’t let him come up, his voice is weird, and he sounds like he’s crying. Justin can only make out a few words over all the sirens, and those walkie-talkies that the fire department uses.

“Justin, it’s Gus. Something’s wrong with Gus!”

Justin runs upstairs and hands Jamie to Maria, then he heads for the door. Pulling it back he’s faced with another group of policemen, asking if Lindsay Peterson is there. The police start arguing about who’s going to arrest her, and who has jurisdiction, and which case is more pressing.

Justin starts going downstairs to talk with Em, to find out what’s going on. That’s when he’s met by a woman from Children’s Services. She’s been informed that he has parental rights for Gus Peterson-Kinney. She explains that he’s been taken to the hospital, and that Justin needs to go with her now. Justin keeps asking, “What’s going on?”

He runs into the playroom and changes clothes, so glad he keeps a change of clothing for when Jamie spits up on him. Emmett finally composes himself enough to call Josh and Carl. They make it to the loft in record time, both coming from different directions. Justin meets them as he’s trying to leave the loft, grateful that someone’s here that he can trust. Josh takes control of the kidnapping case, and Carl takes Justin aside to talk with him, knowing that they’ll need some privacy.

He explains that someone walking down the street noticed that two children were locked inside a car, with all the windows closed. It’s a very warm spring day and the temperatures are over eighty degrees, but inside a locked car the temperatures can rise very quickly. Both JR and Gus have passed out from heat exhaustion, and they’ve been taken to the hospital.

Justin tries to compose himself, knowing that it won’t do any good to freak out. He can’t help glaring at Lindsay, thinking she is totally contemptible. Carl asks Emmett to drive Justin to the hospital. Justin keeps trying Brian’s cell, but it’s obvious that he’s turned it off.

Lindsay has yet to grasp the gravity of the situation. When asked if she left her children in a locked car, unattended, she says that she only meant to be gone just a few minutes. The police ask her why she didn’t bring the children upstairs with her. They reprimanded her, telling her how easily they could have been taken by someone walking down the street. She tells them that Gus’s car seat buckle is broken and it’s hard for her to release it.

She explains that it was too much trouble to bring the children upstairs with her. After all she never meant to take so long collecting Jamie. Then she tries to blame everything on Maria, because Maria wouldn’t give Jamie to her. She’s totally grasping at straws now, tattling on Maria. She says that Maria’s in the country illegally, and that she should be the one arrested.

Lindsay just doesn’t seem to understand how serious the situation is. JR barely has a pulse, and Gus is unconscious and extremely dehydrated. The woman from Children’s Services is questioning if maybe she should remove Jamie from the house. She’s skeptical of everyone at this point. Carl reassures her that the Kinney home is a safe and stable environment for a baby, and Maria is a great caregiver.

Justin and Emmett just miss Brian as he pulls up to the loft moments after they leave. Brian has to fight with the police officers and finally threatens to call Carl if they don’t let him go upstairs. After checking his ID and making sure he lives there, he’s allowed to pass. If you thought that things were bad before this, all hell’s about to break loose.

~~~

At the hospital Justin’s never been more grateful that he now is a legal guardian for Gus, as the doctors allow him into the Intensive Care Unit to see him. He’s on a ventilator and he has several IVs connected to his little arms. He’s covered with cool towels that the nurses keep changing, trying to help bring his temperature down. Emmett’s in the waiting room, frantically trying Brian’s cell. He finally calls Ted and can hardly speak, his voice is shaky and he’s more than panicked.

Ted consoles him, telling him he’ll get a hold of Brian, Mel and Lindsay, unaware that it is Lindsay who neglected the children in the first place. Mel’s in court, but is given a message that there’s a family emergency. She calls Lindsay at the gallery and is shocked to learn that Lindsay was let go a week ago. She wonders just what the hell is going on. Just then Carl calls her and explains the situation.

He tells her they’ve taken the children to the Intensive Care Unit at Allegheny General Hospital, and they’ve taken Lindsay there as well. She’s been admitted to the psych ward, and is now under suicide watch for a forty-eight hour observation. She’ll be charged formally in a few days and then arraigned.

~~~

Big Jack’s attorney has posted bond for Keith, and he’s just gotten home. The door is still smashed, but the workmen are in the process of replacing it. Michael asks him where he’s been because he hasn’t seen him in days. Michael says he was worried, and asks if he’s okay. Then he makes the mistake of asking whether it’s true that he was arrested. Keith’s face becomes red and distorted as his temper flares, but he keeps his cool until Michael and he are alone.

Michael being the idiot that he is, asks him just what it is he does at the security company he works for. Keith snaps at him, twisting his arm so tight it might break, but loosens his hold as he looks at the men from the door company. He says it’s confidential and to never question him again. Michael accepts his answer, and is sure Brian is just jealous and making the whole story up. He’s sure Keith was just out with his buddies tying one on; he knows that Keith is into crystal.

He’s even done it with him a few times; it makes sex incredible. Michael’s even consented to doing it while they’ve been into S & M. Keith says it’s a total turn-on for him watching Michael. Keith often allows his friends to indulge in sex with Michael when he’s tied up. Michael’s never thought of it as dangerous situation; he likes the intense pleasure. It makes him feel special, being touched by more than one man at a time. He finally understands Brian’s fascination with going to the baths and sex parties to satisfy his needs.

~~~

Mel’s in shock with all the events of the day. She checks in on Gus; Brian and Justin are with him. He’s stabilized, but he’s still on the ventilator. They’re waiting for him to wake up. They won’t know the extent of any possible brain damage until he’s awake. His brain waves seem active and they’re hopeful that he hasn’t suffered any injuries. Because JR is so much younger her brain couldn’t take the intense heat or stress.

She’s slipped into a coma, and they’re all praying for the best. Mel’s already been informed that it’s most likely that she’s suffered trauma to her brain, leaving her with limited capacity, possible learning disabilities, as well as other handicaps. That’s if she even wakes up. At the moment it’s all very sketchy. It’s just a matter of waiting it out.

Brian’s putting on a brave face while seething inside; he feels like killing Lindsay. Once she was admitted to the hospital they automatically put her on suicide watch as a precaution. She’s also now under a forty-eight hour observation to determine her state of mind. Brian knows this isn’t some break with reality, that whatever’s happened isn’t a momentary bout of stress, or delusions.

She knew what she was doing, and was too consumed with her obsession of having Jamie in her life. He questions why she felt so strongly about caring for Jamie, while neglecting her other children. Is she so jealous of Justin and their upcoming marriage that she just can’t stand to see them happy and committed? He wonders just what is going on with both her and Michael.

Carl and Brian talked at the loft about his concern for Michael. So after Lindsay is admitted to the hospital, as much as Carl wants to be there for Deb, he feels he needs to go see Michael, to make sure he’s alright, and try to talk some sense into him about Keith.

~~~

Debbie’s pacing in the waiting room outside the Intensive Care Unit, unable to comprehend all that’s happened that day. How could so many of her family members end up here in the hospital? And the waiting to hear their prognosis is killing her. She can’t believe her eyes when she sees Carl come into the emergency room, covered in blood. Blood, she soon finds out is Michael’s. She is sure her heart is breaking, she can’t take much more today.

Carl went to Michael’s apartment and for the second time that day the front door is smashed to smithereens. He finds Michael unconscious in the bathroom, with blood everywhere and no sign of Keith. It’s obvious that this is his work; the man is a thug and a total monster.

Michael has his own room in the Intensive Care Unit at Allegheny General Hospital; he has a closed head injury, broken ribs, and a fractured pelvis. Keith has really done a number on him. Now half the police department is looking for him, stopping anyone who fits his description. But it is dubious that they’d find him now he’s undoubtedly on the run.

Not only is he facing a narcotics possession charge, he is also wanted for murder, and attempted murder. That’s what Carl is calling Michael’s beating, you really can’t call it anything else. It still burns him that Big Jack’s fancy lawyer pulled some strings and got him released on bond. He obviously has friends in high places, and is no doubt halfway to some country with no extradition policies. It’s unlikely that he’ll ever return to the States, or face charges for all his crimes.

~~~

Justin’s rubbing Brian’s shoulders as he sits next to Gus’s bed, holding his hand, praying that he’ll come out of it. The good news is that they kept referring to him as being unconscious, unlike JR which they’re calling a coma. The truth is Brian doesn’t really understand the difference between the two. He hopes like hell that they’ll both wake up soon. He can’t help flashing back to when Justin was in his coma, ten days… But he finally woke up. He had some work to do to regain all his motor skills, but he survived.

Brian has yet to find out about Michael’s hospitalization, it just might put him over the edge. Justin’s sure he’ll blame himself, thinking he should have forced Michael to leave with him. But Michael is one of the most stubborn people they know, and Michael truly never thought that Keith would seriously hurt him. Just like so many other victims of abuse, he was sure he had caused it. He believed Keith when he promised that it would never happen again. He was holding onto Keith’s hollow words, not wanting to have failed in another relationship.

~~~

It is in the early hours that Mel holds JR in her arms for the last time. She sits rocking her as she comes to grips with reality, kissing her baby girl one last time. The hospital staff contacted Mel’s Rabbi to make sure JR was watched over by a shomer, and to help her with the funeral arrangements. She has been up for almost twenty-four hours, and Mel will sleep very little from now until her daughter is laid to rest.

Mel has never felt as alone as she does now. She’s filled with so many emotions that range from pain, grief, sorrow and of course, anger. How could this have happened? She remembers holding her that very morning. She was so alive and happy, even laughing as Mel dressed and fed her. It was a normal morning for them, just like every other morning. How could this tragedy have occurred? She’s inconsolable, trying to come to grips with her loss, and then there’s Gus.

She knows she should go and sit with him, be strong for Brian and Justin. But right now she needs a few minutes to decompress, and let herself feel the pain. She’s not sure she’s strong enough to get through everything that lies ahead of her over the next couple of days. She just keeps asking herself, why. Why did this happen?

~~~

It’s early, just before dawn and the night shift is almost over, the patrol cars are headed back to the precinct for the change of shifts. Most officers and detectives have been looking for Keith all night long, knowing that it is Carl’s family member who is now at the hospital, holding on for dear life. Just out of the corner of his eye Detective Daniels spots Big Jack’s shiny black limousine. After checking the license plate they follow him at a distance. After a few miles, Big Jack’s driver realizes they’re being tailed.

He speeds away, trying to lose the police when he makes a hard turn to get on the freeway. As they enter the ramp he accelerates, the car fishtails and spins out of control on the bridge over the Susquehanna River. Their car crashes through the guard rail, and sounds of twisting metal and broken glass break the silence of the early morning. The limousine plunges into the river and quickly fills with water. It’s a good twenty minutes before they have a rescue team in place. By the time the divers reach the car all the passengers have drowned, including Keith and Big Jack.

This wasn’t how they wanted the chase to end. They would have much preferred to have arrested them and face trial. But sometimes things have a way of working out one way or another. The city is now relieved of a major crime boss, and several hardcore thugs. Very few tears will be shed over the loss of life, and maybe a few petty criminals may find their way out of the lifestyle and into the mainstream of society.

They say it’s always darkest before the dawn…

TBC…