- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It’s a boy! Everyone’s surprised when Justin delivers six weeks early…

Title: Christmas Presents…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 2907
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Passion, Lust, M-Preg…
Beta Queen: BigJ52

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Summary: It’s a boy! Everyone’s surprised when Justin delivers six weeks early…



Christmas Presents

Chapter Twenty Eight ~ Nicholas Declan Taylor-Kinney

Brian’s POV

I’m drinking my morning coffee watching Justin try on shirt after shirt. He hates the way they all seem to pull a little too tight across his belly. Of course this was never a problem before. He used to love when his shirts clung to him in all the right places. That was way back when he was just a twink trying to catch my eye. But with his pregnancy and the baby having growth spurts, he’s become concerned that he looks fat. I try to reassure him that I find it sexy, even erotic. He thinks I’m just placating him, but I’m not. Just knowing that he’s carrying our little butterball fills me with this huge sense of pride, and maybe even a little touch of jealousy. Yes, I admit it. I don’t like other guys looking at him, and I’ve become a bit possessive, I mean, protective of my little family.

Finally I suggest that he try the bottom drawer of the dresser and see if he likes any of those clothes. He slowly opens the drawer and then he looks at me, grinning.

“You bought me new clothes?”

“Justin. We’re going to be here all summer, and by the time we get back to Pittsburgh you’ll only have another few weeks before the baby comes.”

He smiles and starts crying, his emotions are all over the place these days. But I’ll never tell him how often I cried when I realized that I needed to start wearing larger sizes. Back then my tailor pretty much doubled as my shrink, because I wouldn’t let anyone else see me in that state of distress. He finally settles on a deep red shirt. It looks great and he knows it. I believe I have a diva in training. He never used to care how he looked, but these days he’s very self-conscious. Of course he always looks beautiful to me.



“Okay, I’m ready. Let’s go eat!”

I grin, but I don’t say anything. I don’t want more tears on the way to the restaurant. But that doesn’t stop him from throwing a pillow at me; he knows what I’m thinking. Twat!

~~~

Meanwhile in Pittsburgh…

~ Michael ~

Michael’s still under the delusions Maryann has planted in his head. She’s spent so much time reading him the Bible and nursing him back to health, he’s basically been brainwashed into thinking that his homosexuality was God’s way of testing him. He’s angry that Deb hasn’t been to visit him. Sure he said some very hurtful things to her and the guys, but he didn’t think they’d just abandon him while he was in the hospital. Little does he know that Maryann has restricted their visiting privileges. She feels that it’s best that he severs all ties with his past, even his relationship with his mother.

Maryann is planning her dream wedding; she wants to be married as soon as Michael is released from the hospital. She’s found him a job working at the Christian bookstore next to the Evangelist church where her father preaches. They’ll be living with her father after they’re married. Her idea of a honeymoon is to travel with her father and fellow parishioners on a religious pilgrimage, visiting the sites connected with the birth, life, crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. She plans on having Michael re-baptized in the Jordan River to wash away all the sins from his former life.


~ Melanie ~

Slowly but surely she’s adjusting to life without JR, but she’s lonely and depressed. She not only misses her baby girl, but she also misses Lindsay. They were together for the last decade, and even though she knew Lindsay’s obsession with Brian was unhealthy, she never knew just how delusional Lindsay really was.

She’s joined a women’s support group for grieving mothers who have lost their children, and has befriended several of them. She even met a fellow attorney, Georgia, who’s going through a divorce as a result of her son’s death. The attraction between them is undeniable, but Mel’s not sure if she ready to be Georgia’s first lesbian relationship. She’s concerned about all the drama that will be involved when Georgia finally acknowledges her sexual orientation.


~ Ted ~

Ted and David have been seeing each other now for several months, and things have taken a serious turn. They’re both cautious about moving too fast, both having been burnt in past relationships. Besides there’s Hank to consider, who’s now a teenager and has his own issues to work out. He and Hunter have been spending more and more time together, and even though they both claim to be straight, they have been experimenting sexually.


~ Lindsay ~

Lindsay’s been struggling with her incarceration, escalating between fits of angry, complete denial and severe depression. When she read in the local paper about Brian and Justin’s nuptials she threatened to kill herself, and she’s been on suicide watch ever since. Her condition just keeps deteriorating as the weeks go by and she still hasn’t accepted that it was her fault that JR has died.


~ Debbie ~

Things just aren’t the same without Michael constantly needing her. They used to talk every day and now she just seems lost. She feels like she’s been stabbed in the gut, not being allowed to see Michael in the hospital. Her baby needs her; she’s sure he’s being brainwashed and she wants an investigation into Maryann and her father. She’s sure that if she could talk with him he’d see that Maryann is filling his head with biblical nonsense. Deep down she has no doubt that he knows that homosexuality is nature, not nurture.


~ Carl ~

It’s upsetting to see Debbie in such a state of depression, but he has to admit it’s nice for her to just be focusing on them without Michael’s interference. Of course he’s been working overtime, wrapping up all the paperwork on the case for Big Jack and Keith. Even though they were killed in the car crash, Josh and he now need to round up the underlings of his criminal organization before they seize control of the operations. Afterwards he’s planned a surprise vacation for Deb to the Virgin Islands. Getting away from Pittsburgh will get her mind off everything, and do them both some good.


~ Emmett ~

Fabulous has really taken off. After Brian and Justin’s wedding with all of Pittsburgh’s gay population attending, as well as the who’s who in the business world, he’s now booked solid well into the next year. Emmett and Josh have grown closer over the summer. Both of them are working long hard hours during the day, and when they’re home, they work long hard hours into the night. Emmett’s never been happier and the more time they spend together is icing on the cake.


~ Jennifer ~

Emmett’s not the only one who gained popularity from attending Brian and Justin’s wedding. She started seeing one of Brian’s business associates, and it’s quickly becoming serious. It’s not that she wasn’t happy with Tucker, it’s just that Tom Mitchell has swept her off her feet. She never thought she’d feel this way again about a man. She always thought feeling this way was a first-love thing. But Tom has a way of making her feel like she’s the most beautiful woman in the world. He loves to pamper her with gifts, and take her away for long weekends. She’s sure Justin will be thrilled that she’s no longer seeing Tucker, but she’s worried about his reaction to her new relationship.

So needless to say it’s probably a good thing that Brian and Justin are away on their honeymoon.

~~~

Brian’s POV

Consuela has agreed to stay on with us once we return to Pittsburgh. With both Maria and Consuela working for us, Justin will have time for himself and his artwork. I put a bid in for the remainder of our building, buying out the other tenants. I plan to remodel the floor below us into an apartment for Maria and Consuela. That way they’ll be close by, but they’ll also have their own space. The bottom floor will be Justin’s new art studio, and eventually a small gallery for him to show his artwork.

I know it seems like were moving a little fast expanding so much, but I know he wants to be near the kids. He’ll also need a place to escape too, as being at home 24/7 will probably become a bit overwhelming and claustrophobic. I just want to give him everything he needs. I know eventually we’ll probably have to move, we’ll need someplace with a yard where the kids can play. But right now he really wants to stay in the heart of the city. He likes being able to walk to the local shops, the diner and the bakery. Have I mentioned he has developed a doughnut obsession?

It’s summer and as the heat rises and his belly grows, every morning he stands looking in the mirror, gazing at his reflection. It’s almost become a ritual, him questioning if he looks fat, then complaining that nothing fits right. I come up behind him, wrapping my arms around him. I start by kissing him on the cheek continuing until I reach his mouth, reassuring him that he’s still the sexist man I know.

He frets about his looks, then I surprise him by filling his drawer with new clothes. Of course we aren’t in Pittsburgh and we don’t have a personal tailor. So Maria and Consuela do their best to make alterations on the new clothes I buy him. The problem is he really has a small frame, so finding men’s clothes that fit through his shoulders, and allow enough room for his stomach is becoming impossible to find.

So without him becoming too suspicious, I resort to buying him maternity clothes. Nothing too girly, mostly tees, tank tops, jeans and shorts. Thank God it’s summertime but it still requires the girls to remove bows, lace, and all those ridiculous little design appliques of teddy bears and storks. It was working fine until one day they forgot to remove the label on the neck that said, Mommy To Be.

I wake to him frantically pulling all his clothes out of the closet and drawers, inspecting them with a critical eye. He’s on the verge of tears and I know if I lie to him he’d never forgive me. So I try to explain why I had to purchase him maternity clothes, as if the explanation wasn’t obvious. He pouts, which I think is adorable, but then I make the mistake of laughing at him, and that sets off his tears.



He hates all his clothes, and won’t go out in public wearing women’s clothes. Even the outfits he loved the day before he now loathes. Depressed, he resorts to eating half of the room service menu, and refuses to leave our suite. I’m not sure if it was his emotions, or all the food he inhaled throughout the day that set him off, but by early evening he’s sure he’s dying. His stomach aches, he’s complaining of intense cramps, his back hurts and he’s an emotional mess.

So I take him to the hospital, thinking they can give him something to help with his indigestion. Several hours later our son Nicholas Declan Taylor-Kinney is born. He’s perfect, with his fuzzy hair, and hazel eyes, and now I’m the one who’s become an emotional mess as I hold him for the first time.



~~~

Once we’re back in Pittsburgh…

Gus runs ahead of us, pulling the screen door open with so much force that it hits the wall.

“Grandma! We have a baby!”

“What? I thought the baby was due in September.”

Several minutes later we come into the house, Justin’s carrying Nicky, and I’m carrying Jamie. We decided to surprise everyone, and not tell them the baby came early. So we show up to our welcome home dinner, with our absolutely adorable butterball in tow. He’s swaddled in the soft cotton quilt that Deb and Jen made for us while we were in Greece. We found it in the baby’s crib when we got home last night. I was so grateful that it wasn’t made of pastel fabric with cutesy animals on it. I can just imagine the drama that would have ensued if it was even remotely girly. He’s still not happy about the maternity clothes, and it’s been three weeks.



Jennifer’s crying, and Debbie’s voice is booming even louder than normal. Emmett’s gushing, and Ted and Mel are looking on with goofy smiles. Justin’s standing there grinning with pride, he looks incredible. He insisted on wearing one of his crop top tees that shows off his scar, and the slight curve of his stomach. Call me crazy but I think he’s incredibly sexy. I don’t know how he still does it, his metabolism must be working overtime. He did start doing situps as soon as his stomach healed, and he’s now running several miles every morning.

Jennifer has that dreamy look in her eyes. “Oh Justin! Why didn’t you call me? He’s just beautiful.”

Justin’s concerned about germs, but he does allow Jen and Deb to hold Nicky. Everyone else will have to wait until Mr Germophobic calms down and realizes he’s being extremely overprotective. After the excitement and shock subsides, Justin asks what’s for dinner. Yep, he’s still eating for two, but now his excuse is he has three sons he has to chase after.

Deb and Jen planned an outdoor barbeque for this afternoon and Justin’s practically drooling when he sees chicken and ribs grilling, potato salad, corn on the cob, and both apple and pecan pie. He’s in heaven, because although he loved trying all the traditional cuisines of the region, he’s longed for a good old artery-clogging American meal. Barbeque and pie are just what he’s been wanting, and I have to admit it smells great.

We settle down under the tree in the shade, and enjoy our picnic lunch, catching up on all the gossip around Liberty Avenue. Debbie looks sad when she talks about Michael; she’s still shocked that she wasn’t invited to his wedding. It’s heartbreaking to see her in so much pain, especially after everything she’s done for Michael over the years.

Emmett regales us with all his stories about how his business is booming, and he thanks Brian for introducing him to all of Pittsburgh’s élite. After we finish up our lunch and Justin’s gets his pie, a slice of both the apple and pecan, he pulls out his tablet and starts showing everyone pics of our honeymoon.

“The whole summer we were island hopping, spending a week or two on each island, enjoying ourselves and exploring all the historical sites.”



Aghiou Nikolaou Church


Temple of Nephesros
“We visited the Aghiou Nikolaou Church and the Temple of Nephesros.”



Zakynthos
“We sunbathed on the white sand and swam in the beautiful waters of Zakynthos.”



Corfu Island
“We just loved all the old architecture, and cobblestone streets of Corfu Island.”


Corfu Island


Pontikonisi-Corfu


Cycladic Island, Andros Island, Mykonos Island, and Milos Island
“The whole area was formed by volcanoes, developing into all these islands with beautiful scenery and landscapes. It was just amazing and I really want to go back some day.”


Andros


Mykonos


Milos Island, Papafragas Beach


Rhodes and Santorini
“I just loved visiting the old castle. It really takes you back in time, making you realize that America really is a young country, compared to the rest of the world.”


Lindos Rhodes


Rhodes Town Port


Rhodes Old Town


Rhodes Knight Castle


“Then on our last leg of our vacation we visited Santorini. We loved all the beautiful white architectural buildings. The city just seemed to hang on the cliffs overlooking the sea.





Santorini

“We ended up spending several weeks in Santorini. That’s where Nicky was born, and after traveling so much it was nice to just settle in and enjoy ourselves and our new baby.”

“We had an amazing honeymoon and vacation, but it feels great to be home. We really missed all of you and we’re ready to be home bodies for a while.”

“I also took lots of pictures of the amazing sunsets. I don’t want to drone on and bore you to death.”

“Yeah, you’ll have to wait to see them when he has his show at the Bloom Gallery.”

“What? You’re having a show at the Bloom Gallery?”

“Apparently, my husband took it upon himself to email Sydney copies of my sunset pictures during our vacation, unbeknownst to me, and I now have an art opening coming up this fall.”

“Oh Justin! That’s wonderful! I’m so proud of you!”

“Thanks, mom.”

Deb gushes, “Your life is just perfect. You’re exhibiting your photographs at a gallery. You and Brian got married, and you’re adding another son to your family. It’s probably a good thing to finish up having kids while you’re young and you still have the energy.”

“Oh, Brian and I want a big family. But we’ll probably wait a couple of years before we try again.”

They all look at them stunned…

“Brian really wants a daughter.”

Brian leans into Justin nuzzling his neck, then he gives him a big kiss.

“It’s true. I do.”

TBC…

To be continued.
7Wildwaysup is the author of 89 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 16 members. Members who liked Christmas Presents… also liked 517 other stories.