- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian and Justin try and do the right thing for all their family members.

Title: Christmas Presents…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 3571
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Passion, Lust, Male Pregnancy…
Banner: aaa_mazing
Beta Queen: bigj52

Summary: Justin surprises Brian for Christmas, or does Brian Surprise Justin…

Chapter Summary: Brian and Justin try and do the right thing for all their family members.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Chapter Three ~ The Things We Do For Love…

Brian awoke to Gus, bouncing on the bed, so excited that Santa had found his way to the loft. Usually he left everything at the house for him. “Daddy, daddy, come see all the presents that Santa brought!” As he’s being pulled into the living room he’s actually surprised at how many presents there are under a Christmas wreath lit with blue lights, hanging in the front windows of the loft. Justin’s sitting in the rocking chair, feeding Baby J and it’s the first time that Brian realizes that he really does need a name.

Brian turns and looks at Justin with a look of complete and utter amazement. How in the world did he get this all together? Justin smiles his big sunshine smile and says, “Why don’t you two open your stockings while we wait for the coffee to finish brewing.” Gus runs and gets them from hooks on the windowsill. As they begin to open them Gus can’t help but notice that they got all the same sort of things - Calvin Klein socks and underwear, spin toothbrushes, Belgian chocolates, matchbox cars - a Jeep for Gus and a Vette for Brian, although Gus will commandeer it in no time. Gus received some fun children’s soaps, while Brian received a tube of his hundred-dollar anti-aging cream and copies of GQ and Echelon while Gus got Highlights and Cobblestone & Crickets.

Gus is already lost in trying to find all the hidden pictures on the page, squealing with delight every time he finds one; he usually needs his mom’s help to see them. Brian smiles over at Justin and says; “This is by far the best Christmas ever. How in the world did you get this all done?” He just chuckles and says; “I had a little help from Santa’s Elf.” Brian smirks and says; “That wouldn’t be a short, slightly round Hispanic woman with a heart of gold?” Justin hands him the baby as he goes to get him a cup of very strong French-roast coffee, with extra sugar. Gus gets his chocolate milk from last night because he fell asleep before getting his bed-time treat.

Justin can’t help thinking for the first time in his life he feels whole; like the moon and the stars are aligned just right and if he’s careful he just might get what he really wants for Christmas - a lifetime with Brian. The Christmas presents stacked under the windowsill come in all shapes and sizes and Gus’s eyes have now grown to the size of saucers when he hears Justin say most of them are for him. He jumps up and down, saying; “Which one do I open first?” Brian tells him to choose whichever one he wants.

Gus plows his way through dump trucks, a cowboy hat, boots with a holster and guns, a doctor’s bag full of toy instruments and candy medicine with a white lab coat, GI Joes and a painters’ easel and paints as well as many designer clothes that Brian had actually purchased even if he will outgrow them in six months. But the best was the remote-control Jeep that both Brian and Gus were enthralled with as they raced it around the loft while Justin made chocolate chip waffles for breakfast.

Now that Gus was sufficiently over-dosed with sugar he was ready to return to his mother’s for the rest of Christmas Day. Mel was surprised when she opened the door to both Brian and Justin, as Brian hadn’t gotten out of bed in months and was (or so everyone thought) suffering from post-natal depression. She seems relieved yet slightly pissed at the same time, although the truth is that she didn’t want to take the baby away if they really wanted to raise him. She just wanted to make sure that Brian wasn’t in over his head and, of course, she wanted to please her wife.

She asks them to come in but Brian refuses, not wanting to get into a slinging match with them on Christmas day. They made arrangements for Gus to come for a visit in a couple of days, giving them Gus’s Christmas presents of the clothes and a couple of toys. They’d kept some at the loft for him to play with, including the cowboy outfit, knowing how well that one would go over with the girls. They kissed him good-bye, telling him that they would see him in a few days.

On the way back to the loft Brian stops at a florist and comes back with several bouquets of mixed flowers. Justin didn’t say anything as Brian drove to the cemetery. They walked in silence as they made there way to Vic’s grave, surprised to see Debbie standing there. She turns and sees them, surprised to see Justin’s home from California and Brian’s out of bed. She takes the baby out of the stroller and starts making all those goo-goo noises and faces that drive Brian crazy, but Justin just squeezes his hand to stop him from saying anything.

Brian kneels down and puts the bouquet on Vic’s grave, whispering his thanks for all the guidance and support that Vic gave him all those years. He’s sure he wouldn’t have made it if it hadn’t been for him. After a few minutes he crosses himself, stands and takes his son back, worried that it’s too cold outside for the infant. Most people think he isn’t religious, but there must be a god if he answered his prayers and brought his sweet Sunshine back to him. They each give Debbie a big hug and kiss, saying they’ll try and make it to Christmas dinner tonight, but they can’t promise anything. Having a newborn comes in handy as an excuse for avoiding the family when they’re feeling overwhelmed.

~~~

The next stop was even more insightful as Brian drove to an older subdivision in Pittsburgh of cookie-cutter houses with that sixties feel. He says that I can wait in the car if I want to, but there’s no way I would ever turn down a chance to see where Brian grew up. We knock on the door and a very thin, gray-haired woman answers the door, surprised to see Brian and even more surprised to see me and the baby. Of course, she insists that we come in; she’s actually very nice to us and remembers me from the time she showed up at the loft. Just like Debbie she can’t help fussing over the baby, saying it’s time that Brian settled down. With a slight dig she says; “I may not understand this queer lifestyle you choose to live, but I love you, Brian and I won’t continue to push my religion on you anymore, you’re a grown man with a family now.”

Brian and I just look at each other questioningly, wondering if she’s already drunk. She continues with; “You know, those Jehovah’s Witnesses came to my door last fall and I just can’t believe the nerve of some people being so pushy with their religion. It took me a little while to realize that maybe I might come off that way and I was horrified. I know I’ve said some dreadful things in the past and I’m so sorry. Please forgive me.” Now Brian and I are sure that the pod people have invaded Pittsburgh and Joan Kinney.

Brian smiles and says; “Well, if I can change, then there’s no reason to believe that you can’t change as well.” Brian actually hugs his mother for the first time in twenty years then he gives her a large bouquet of flowers and a box of fine chocolates. He asks if Claire is coming this afternoon to celebrate Christmas as he sets down a bag with flowers and chocolates for her and some video games for the boys. She thanks him for coming by and for remembering her on the holiday. As we make our way back out to the Jeep were both surprised at how easy that whole conversation went.

Once we’re back at the loft there’s so much we need to talk about, but Brian’s never been big on communication. I say; “So Baby J? Does that stand for Jason, Jeremy, Jordan, Jackson, Jonah, Jerome, Jonathan, Julian, James, Joshua, Jeffrey, Jake, Joel, Jamie or just plain Jay?” Brian stares at him, not sure what to say and Justin smirk’s and says; “Or did you mean Junior…?

Brian hits his arm and pulls him into a big hug. It feels so good holding him close, finally being alone with him. Well, almost alone, as alone as they’re going to be for the next twenty years. Finally Brian whispers; “I kind of like James; we could call him Jamie. What do you think?” Justin smiles and says; “I like Jamie too.” Their lips find each others as they start passionately kissing, running their hands all over each other, touching as much flesh as possible as they make their way to the bed.

Justin whispers; “Oh God, I’ve missed this so much.”

“Me too, sunshine, me too…” Just as soon as they have stripped each other of their clothing and start to get lost in their passion someone is standing at the bottom of the stairs, yelling. “Brian, what do you think you’re doing?” Justin rolls his eyes as he hears Michael’s whining voice, trying to keep his frustration in check. After all, he’s already waited a day to seduce his man so what’s another ten minutes? Because that’s all Michael’s getting before they kick him out of the loft and take his key away…

At first, Michael thought that Brian was with a trick and was pissed. Then he realizes that it’s Justin but that didn’t really seem to calm him down at all. He spits out; “What the fuck are you doing here?”

“Merry Christmas to you too, Michael…” Brian looks at him, irritated. He hates the conflict that exists between the two of them and wishes he had stopped this rivalry along time ago. “Children, children, there’s no reason to fight.”

“But you said you weren’t coming home for the holidays.”

“Things change, Michael. How could you not tell me what’s been going on? I expect this kind of behavior from Brian, but you, you should know better. You know that I would have come home as soon as you told me.”

“Exactly, and you need to be in California making the movie so we get all those royalties. I need the money, Justin. Besides, Brian had me here to take care of him - he didn’t need you.”

“It’s not your place to take care of Brian and my baby, Michael. You already have a family, this one’s mine… I really can’t believe you’re so selfish and self-centered.”

“I was just doing what I thought was best for everyone. Besides, no one really believed that you were coming back. I mean, why would you? We had everything worked out, especially once Brian started suffering from depression. Mel and Lindsay were going to adopt the baby then Brian would return to being the stud he’s always been. So when do you go back, anyway?”

“Well, I hate to tell you this but the movie is on hiatus…”

“What does that mean?”

Justin looks at him like he’s crazy and says; “Connor James quit, just in case you didn’t see the cover of the National Inquirer.”

“So they’ll get someone else”

“It’s not like that, Michael. The project was running out of funding already and they kept pushing, pushing, pushing the gay aspect out of the storyline. So no, I don’t think there will be anyone recast as Rage. Besides, it’s not like the storyline isn’t my personal story and they sure as hell didn’t use your comic book dialogue in the movie. So if they do decide to start again I really don’t think you would be involved in it or any of the profits.”

Michael’s face starts turning bright red. You could almost see steam coming from his ears and he looks like he belongs in a comic.

“You fucking traitor! I hate you! I always have!”

Brian barks “Michael, enough already!”

Justin says, “Brett and I talked a little before I left and if we were to give it a second go, it would probably focus more on Brian’s and my relationship leading up the prom and what I went through afterwards to bring the homophobia more into the mainstream. Let’s face it; it’s not a kid’s movie so we’d have to decide exactly how we’re going to categorize it. But this is a conversation that Brett, Brian and I will have to have if he can even find funding for it.”

“But you don’t understand! I really need the money! I expected the income - I maxed out my credit cards, expecting regular checks. What am I supposed to do?” Brian says; “Well, I guess you’ll have to sell some of those stupid action toys you love so much.”

“No fucking way, I want my money.”

“There is no money, Michael. I’ve already stated that the movie is out of funding, so there will be no profits.”

“Well then, I expect you to pay me. You have money and I want it.”

Now both Brian and Justin are getting pissed and Brian can’t help saying, “Well, I guess you shouldn’t have bought that house in Stepford Haven, especially now that the economy and housing market has taken a dive. Maybe it’s best that you sell your house and get out while you’re ahead. You might get most of your money back.”

Brian can’t help wanting to ask what it is that he spent all his money on. It’s not like he dresses in fancy clothes, travels or has a drug problem that he knows about. But he decided to let it slide, knowing that Michael will come to him for money when Justin’s not here.

“Michael, please keep your voice down. You’re going to wake Jamie.”

“Who the fuck is Jamie?”

“He’s my son and we would really like some time to ourselves to be together. Although I’m pretty happy to learn that he can sleep through all this racket and whining going on. Now run along home and tell the professor that you’ve spent all your life savings, so you can return all those fancy Christmas presents before you hand them out.”

Michael looks crushed as he turns to leave. I stop him and ask for his key back. Now he looks like he’s going to cry and he says; “Brian, can’t you just give me all the money I need?”

Brian asks, “How much do you need?” Michael looks at him and asks Justin if he can have some privacy with Brian. Justin shakes his head and climbs out of bed, goes into the bathroom and starts the shower. Brian can’t help watching Justin’s naked body disappearing behind the door, wishing he was following behind; it’s been so long since they’ve been together.

Brian says; “Okay, what’s this all about?”

Michael hesitates, looking at the floor, not sure where to start. “I kind of got in over my head. I didn’t think it was really anything at first; I would win some and lose some, but mostly I would break even at the end of each week. Then I somehow got on a losing streak and I was extended credit but I couldn’t seem to cover my bets. So I started betting bigger amounts, thinking I would win a big hand the next time.”

Brian just looks at him finally saying; “You’re gambling? I don’t even know you anymore.”

“Brian, it’s not that bad. It only sounds bad when you say it out loud. I tried to stay ahead of it all by using Justin’s part of the profits from the comic book, but that was gone in just a few weeks.”

“A few weeks? How long has this been going on? Okay, fine, just tell me how much you owe - the total amount and to whom. Don’t lie to me.”

Michael hesitates and then just says; “It’s just shy of forty thousand dollars and they’re going to kill me if I don’t pay it.”

Brian’s so shocked and stunned at this news he actually just sits there in silence, thinking. Michael’s nervous but doesn’t say anything. He’s actually surprised when he hears Brian say; “I’m going to give to the most important present that anyone will ever give you, Michael - responsibility for your own actions. Your biggest problem is that you’ve never had to solve your own problems and you won’t learn until you do. This is what we’re going to do. Tomorrow we’re going to call Mel and she’s going to draw up legal documents, putting the house and the store in my name.”

Michael jumps up and hugs Brian saying; “I knew I could count on you.”

“Hold on there, Michael. I am so not done yet. I will pay off your debt which I’m sure is compounding interest daily by about 20% or more, loan sharks always smell blood in the water. You will never gamble again. If you do I will not bail you out, ever again… You’re truly pathetic and I mean it this time. Maybe you should join Gamblers Anonymous. I think that will be my Christmas present for you.”

Michael is happy and smiling, going in for a kiss when Brian steps back and away from him. “I’m still not through with you yet. I plan on selling the house and the store although I’m sure it won’t cover your debt. I want you to look for a new place to live, starting tomorrow. You will not return to the store. All merchandise will be sold to the new owner and you will have to confess your sins to the whole family, but not today. I don’t want to ruin everyone’s Christmas. You will also set up a payment plan to pay Justin back his part of the profits that you have stolen from him.”

“Brian, if you sell the house and the store where will I live and work?”

“I guess you’ll have to live with your mom and I don’t care if you’re a cashier at K-Mart or a go-go dancer, but I’ll hire someone else to run the store until it’s sold because, quite frankly, I don’t trust you right now.”

“But some of my action figures are at the store, I want them back.”

“Grow up, Michael and consider them gone… and stop whining. Just remember loan sharks want to kill you, and so do I. Now run along home and ruin someone else’s Christmas.”

Justin had finished up showering a while ago but stayed in the bathroom, wanting to give them their privacy. He couldn’t help over-hearing the last part of the conversation - something about Brian selling the house and the store but he wasn’t sure what was going on and wasn’t sure he wanted to. Once he heard the loft door close he came out into the living room and saw that Brian was drinking. He was a little nervous and hoped that things weren’t as bad as they seemed.

Brian said he needed a shower and that he’d explain everything when he came out. Justin’s a little nervous so he busies himself with making a lunch of turkey sandwiches and finishing up the rest of Gus’s chicken soup. The table is all set when Brian comes out with just his towel around his waist; the shower really helped relax his stressed muscles and the whisky helped take the edge off Michael’s confession. Justin comes over to him, after turning the soup down to low. He takes Brian’s hand, leads him up to the bed and pushes him down onto it.

He climbs up Brian’s lean body. He may have given birth a month ago but he looks like he belongs in GQ - still as gorgeous as the night they met. He starts with butterfly kisses all over Brian’s face, neck, shoulder and chest, working his way down to his ever-hardening member. He smirks and says, “Looks like I found my Christmas present,” as he opens the towel and starts running his tongue around the ridge that crowns his penis. Brian’s breath hitches at the sensations that flood his body. It’s been over six months since he’s been with another man and ten since he’s been with Justin.

He feels intoxicated as if Justin’s saliva is laced with some exotic drug that he’s now addicted to and can’t live without. He moans and pants, pulling on Justin’s hair a little too hard. It’s been so long, he knows he won’t last. He feels like a teenager as he shoots out of control. His body shakes and trembles as he screams Justin’s name, telling him he loves him, waking Jamie in the process. Brian apologizes, saying he couldn’t help himself as he feels the aftershocks still rippling through his body. Brian pulls the damp towel up and cleans his chest off while Justin retrieves their son. He joins Brian on the bed, laying Jamie on Brian’s now clean chest. All Jamie really needed was to feel the warmth and security of his father’s skin.

TBC…