- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian can’t help but feel taken advantage of by his friends…

Title: Christmas Presents…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 3686
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Passion, Lust, M-Preg…
Beta Queen: BigJ52
Banner: aaa_mazing

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Summary: Brian can’t help but feel taken advantage of by his friends…

Chapter Seven ~ With Friends Like These…

Brian walks Gus up to the door when dropping him off from his visit. Mel answers and asks Brian to come in so they can talk. He waves to Justin to bring Jamie and come inside for a few minutes.

“Mama, Mama! I saw fireworks! And I got to drink something bubbly at midnight!”

Lindsay didn’t even give them a chance to explain before she went off on them, accusing them of bad parenting. Her anger is showing as well as her bitter tongue.

“Brian, how could you? We trusted you with him on New Year’s Eve and this is how you behave! Shame on you, you should know better.”

“Lindsay, stop! Just stop! He had a glass of ginger ale and it tickled his nose. He thought it was funny.”

“But still, you kept him up until midnight, and took him out in freezing weather down to the river to see the fireworks. You really can’t help yourself from using bad judgment, can you?”

“First of all, I resent you questioning my judgment and behavior! Second of all, he took a long nap, and we had a late dinner. Then we read stories, and finally we watched the fireworks from the loft windows. In case you forgot, being up high on the top floors has its advantages. We can clearly see the fireworks over the river.”

“Oh… I wasn’t thinking.”

“No, you never are. You always assume the worst and I’m sick of it.”

Mel breaks in trying to keep the peace, and steer the conversation back to the subject at hand.

“What we wanted to talk to you about is… Well… We got the summons from your attorney.”

“Ah ha, and now you want to talk!”

“There’s no reason for us to be fighting. I’m sure Lindsay feels bad for jumping to conclusions.”

“I bet!”

“We are hoping that we can discuss all this without having to go to court. I’m sure you’d rather we handled this privately.”

“Not on your life!”

“Brian! Brian, be reasonable.”

“Fuck you, Lindsay! Besides I thought you wanted to take me to court?”

“Mel’s tried to talk some sense into me.”

“How’s that working for you?”

“You can be so arrogant! God, I really hate you sometimes!”

“Yeah! Well who doesn’t?”

“Brian, please…”

“What? You and Mikey scared of big bad Brian now?”

“Brian please. We may have over-reacted.”

“Ya think?”

“Like I was saying. I’m sure both you and Lindsay would rather sit down and discuss this rationally.”

“No. I don’t. I want this little talk in front of a judge. I don’t trust either one of you right now. And I’d like to hear what a judge has to say.”

“Brian please. We can save a lot of money if we work things out without going to court.”

“Yeah. I remember how things worked out for Mikey when you talked it all out without a judge.”

“Brian, please be reasonable.”

“Mel, I’m not the fool you took Michael for. So, no thank you. I want my lawyer there. I want it all spelled out in writing and filed in court. All nice and legal.”

Then Lindsay says in her sickeningly sweet voice, “Brian, I was thinking maybe we could share custody of both Gus and Jamie? That way you’d have more free time, and wouldn’t feel trapped with a baby.”

“But I don’t feel TRAPPED! I love being his father! Nice try though.”

“You are being so unreasonable! Why won’t you share him with me?”

“You mean us, right? You and Mel? Or are you planning on being a single parent again?”

“You’re making me so mixed up right now.”

Now she starts to cry, turning on the tears, knowing how that usually gets to Brian and makes him give in to her. But this time he just stares at her. Unmoved.

“Okay, I understand but how about this? Maybe we could have another child together? I really want to have another baby with you.”

“Not on your life…”

“Brian, please.”

“No Linds. One is more than enough.”

“So you’re never going to have any more children?”

“I can’t say what the future holds. But what I can say is, I won’t be having any more children with you.”

“You’re being totally unreasonable! I hate you!”

“Well, I see we’ve come full circle. So I guess this conversation is over. I’ll contact my attorney and have him set up a time for a hearing in front of a judge.”

“No. Wait. Please. Please, Brian?”

“Good bye, ladies. Come on, Sunshine, let’s take Jamie home.”

“Wait! Can I at least hold him before you go?”

“No.”

“Brian!”

“No. I don’t want you anywhere near him.”

After they leave Mel closes the front door, then turns and glares at Lindsay.

“Well, that went well…”

“I’m sorry, Mel. I…”

“I thought you were going to let me do the talking?”

“I know. I… I just thought Brian would understand.”

“Understand! He’s even angrier with us than he was before he got here. What possessed you to push him so hard? We wanted him to forget about going to court, not challenge him to sue us.”

~~~

“They’ve really gone too far this time. Can you believe she want to share custody of Jamie? Then she had the nerve to ask me to father another child with her. She’s out of her mind.”

“I know. I know. Let’s put Jamie down and then we can relax and just watch an old movie or go to bed.”

“You always know what I need.”

“I was curious myself though, how you felt about having another child.”

“Oh Yeah?”

Justin nods, smiling his sunshine smile as he bats his eyelashes.

“Well I have a feeling that won’t be a question much longer, if we continue to skip the condoms.”

Justin gets a huge grin on his face as he saunters across the living room towards Brian.

“Come here, old man.”

He takes Brian’s hand and leads him into the bedroom. The two of them fall onto the mattress, barely able to stop touching each other. They hurry, pulling each other’s shirts off, struggling with unbuttoning and zippering one another’s pants. Brian has Justin nailed to the bed as he reaches down, pulling each sock off one by one. Justin’s skin soon has a glossy shine, as his breathing increases and he’s overcome with desire.

After running kisses around his jaw, Brian licks a path down Justin’s chest. He dips his tongue into his belly button, tickling him, making him squirm and giggle. Justin arches his back, pushing his plump cock towards Brian’s warm inviting mouth. Brian teases him by running his tongue around his crown before engulfing him. He slides his lips all the way down, deep throating his firm member. Justin moans his pleasure as his eyes glaze over. Soon he’s panting as Brian pulls him closer and closer.

“Oh Brian. Yes, yes, that feels great! More, more, more.”

Several more pumps and Justin shoots his sweet cream down Brian’s throat. His limbs tremble as his orgasm spirals through him. He’s hasn’t even caught his breath when Brian flips him over onto his stomach and spreads his cheeks. Soon his pucker is coated with saliva while Brian’s tongue dips, then plunges into him. Brian pulls him up until he’s kneeling with his ass in the air and his shoulders and head resting on the mattress.

Brian slips his dick between his cheeks and pushes in, loving the beautiful sensations of Justin’s warm wet ravine. He glides deep into him, caressing his prostate with his plump head. Justin resumes his moaning as Brian sets a steady pace, both lost in each other as their nerve endings spark, making them quake with pleasure. Since they’ve gone raw, they’re no longer able to hold back their climax like they used to. The silky sensations are overwhelming, as they get lost in the abyss, falling over the edge.

Brian collapses, resting his head in the center of Justin’s back, while they wait for their breathing to return to normal. Justin’s still moaning Brian’s name, pledging his love, babbling incoherently as he rides out the last waves of his orgasm. They roll onto their sides as Brian spoons him, knowing how much he loves it when Brian stays inside of him until he falls asleep.

“I love you, Brian, and I want to have your child more than anything.”

“I love you too, Justin.”

A huge grin spreads across his face knowing how hard it was for Brian to say that. He’ll remember this night for the rest of his life, especially after he learns that it was tonight that they conceived their next child.

~~~

Michael and Ben are getting settled into Michael’s old room. It was a long day packing and moving all their things. They rented a storage locker for everything that they couldn’t move into Deb’s. If it wasn’t January they might have had a yard sale, and sold a lot of their junk. But they decided to wait until spring hoping that their situation might change. It’s crowded at Deb’s and Hunter isn’t taking all the changes very well. It’s not because he has to sleep on the pull-out sofa. It’s about not feeling safe and secure in his place in their family. He can’t help thinking that if they couldn’t keep it together having to move in with Deb, maybe they won’t be able to continue to be his foster parents.

With all the unfortunate changes they’re going through right now, Ben knows that it’s not a good time to tell Michael that he’s taking a semester off from teaching. He hasn’t been feeling very well, and his doctor told him that it was a good idea to get lots of rest, and eliminate all his stress. He was waiting until after the holiday to give Michael the bad news, his t-cell count is low, very low. They’ve changed his meds, but that doesn’t seem to be helping. And as much as he hates to acknowledge it, he’s getting sicker, and he knows that he might not have much time left.

He had hoped that buying the house would leave them in a better financial situation, and Michael would always have a place to live. That his life insurance policy from the university would help towards the mortgage. But now that they’ve lost the house, they’ve had to dip into Ben’s savings just to survive. Ben’s worried that Michael will have to spend the remaining funds on his funeral, and then there’s Hunter.

He probably won’t take losing Ben very well. It will highlight his own illness and might make him depressed, deciding to go back out on his own. Hunter and Michael aren’t close like he and Ben. They tend to bang heads, and it’s obvious that Michael treats JR better than Hunter, instead of equally. Michael’s never really thought of Hunter as his real son, he’s more like an obligation than a member of the family. The main reason they decided to become Hunter’s foster parents was because Ben felt a connection to Hunter, not Michael.

And let’s face it, Michael’s in no position to care for another person. He’s never even provided financial support for Jenny Rebecca, let alone Hunter. It makes Ben sad to think that Hunter might be back on his own, back on the streets. He worries that he might not keep up his meds. He doesn’t know how he’ll pay for his meds. He won’t have any health insurance, of course neither will Michael. He never bought health insurance for himself when he owned Red Cape. He always felt like it was too expensive, and the university doesn’t recognize same-sex couples. This is just the kind of stress Ben’s doctors warned him against.

“You boys getting all settled?”

“Yeah, ma. When’s dinner? I’m starving.”

As much as Debbie loves Michael, she can’t help bristling at Michael’s tone of voice. It would be nice if they contributed towards the grocery bill. Having three more mouths to feed will soon be taking a toll on her financially.

~~~

Brian and Justin have just left Dr. Burns’ office. It was Jamie’s one month well-baby checkup. His appetite is good and he’s gaining weight as expected; his heart, lungs, ears, eyes and breathing are all normal. The doctor checked him for infections, thrush, muscle strength, as well as jaundice, rashes and birthmarks, and gave him his shots. The doctor asks how his sleep patterns are and if he seemed alert and content when awake. If he calms when hearing their voices, and follows movements with his eyes. Basically Jamie is doing great and is in the top 95 percentile as compared to other babies.

Brian and Justin leave the doctor’s office happy and proud. They got the okay for him to travel to Florida for an extended vacation. Dr. Burns even recommended a pediatrician to see while they’re away. It’s lunch time and Justin suggests that they stop by the diner. It will be the first time since he’s been back from California and they’d like to see how Deb’s doing. Things were a little rocky the last time they saw her. Of course Debbie’s all smiles as she coos, making baby noises, holding Jamie.

Brian is relieved that there’s no residual anger after the last visit when she slapped him across the face, and stormed out of the loft. He knows how hard it was for her to hear the truth about Michael’s gambling. But she needed to know the truth. Although it would have been better if Michael had confided in her, instead of making Brian give her the bad news.

“So, how is he?”

“Not so good. But that’s to be expected. He’s still angry, and he feels like you stole his comics and action figures.”

“I’m sure he does. You know I tried to help him, Deb? I really did. He was in so much denial, and he’s ungrateful for the help I gave him.”

“I just couldn’t give him any more money. Not without him conceding something on his part.”

“I know, Brian. He’s a stubborn fool. He still won’t admit that he did anything wrong. He’s so livid about the foreclosure on the house, and he was evicted by his landlord at the shop.”

“I had nothing to do with that, Deb. It’s not like I sent the bank to take his house away from him and Ben. He brought all that on himself.”

“I know… I just wish he could find a job. It doesn’t help that he quit the Big Q without giving notice, and of course he can’t collect unemployment because he was self-employed.”

“I’m sorry he’s struggling so hard.”

“I know, baby. Is there anyway the two of you could get together and write another issue of Rage? I’ve asked him to talk to you, but he refuses.”

“That’s not going to happen!”

“Brian! I was talking to Sunshine. So what do you think? It would do wonders for his self-esteem, he’s so depressed.”

Brian can’t help but butt in. “No way, after what he already did to Justin.”

“What did he do to Justin?”

“He embezzled all of Justin’s share of the profits from Rage for his gambling debt.”

“Brian, would you please let me talk.”

“Oh! My! God! Is that true, baby?”

“Yeah. I’m afraid so.”

“That little Asshole! He let me believe that you wouldn’t do it because of some vendetta against him.”

“Yeah! Poor wittle Mikey! Fucking Asshole!”

“Brian!”

“Sorry, Sunshine. But it’s true.”

“He’s really mad at me too. He asked me if he, Ben and Hunter could live in Carl’s house, rent free of course.”

“Figures.”

“Brian.”

“Carl wouldn’t hear of it. He’s fixing it up to rent out. Besides, I think, he thinks Michael would never move out once he moves in.”

“Gee, I wonder why?”

“Brian.”

“I’m sorry. I guess I’m a little angry myself.”

“That’s understandable.”

“Deb. Your order’s up.”

Brian’s back to having a big salad, while Justin has a greasy cheeseburger and fries. Some things never change. Jamie’s getting fussy, so Deb heats up his bottle. It’s getting a little busy in the diner now that it’s lunchtime. All the guys coming in can’t help checking out Brian, staring at him as he holds Jamie. Justin’s so proud to be the one who fathered Jamie. He practically has his chest puffed out, feeling like the cock of the walk. Most of the guys already figured that out, but a few are more than impressed as Brian rarely, if ever, lets anyone top him. That’s why his pregnancy came as such a surprise once he started showing.

Justin’s beaming smiling his big sunshine smile, it’s contagious as Brian can’t help but smile back at him. He’s happy, truly happy for once in his life; he finally feels content having Justin back home to stay. Just knowing that they’ve finally made a commitment to one another grounds him in a way he never knew it could.

Brian gets ready to pay the check and motions to Deb. He wants to tell her that they’ll be out of town for a while so she doesn’t send in the storm troopers when they’re not around. As they’re bundling up Jamie for the brisk weather outside, Brian’s phone rings. It’s Charles Murphy, his attorney. They’ve arranged a hearing with Mel and Lindsay for the next morning. It’s sooner than the girls wanted but Brian’s grateful, he wanted to get it out of the way before they went to Florida.

~~~

Brian went into Kinnetik to have a staff meeting before his vacation. It’s agreed that they’ll have teleconferences weekly to keep Brian up to speed on the current advertising campaigns. He also plans on scouting out new business while he’s in Florida. He hasn’t been back into the office since he went on maternity leave in October, having been bed-ridden the last month of his pregnancy. Ted and Cynthia have been coming to the loft to give him updates, to get his signature on important contracts and documents.

He rushes into the elevator, getting out of the brisk winter weather, happy they’ll be leaving tomorrow afternoon on vacation. The loft’s quiet as he comes in. It’s just starting to get dark out and the only light on is glowing from over the kitchen island. In the shadows he sees Jennifer rocking Jamie in her lap, giving him his bottle. He comes over and runs his hand across the top of Jamie’s head affectionately, ruffling his little tuft of hair.

He offers Jennifer a glass of merlot as he looks around to see where Justin is. Jennifer mentions that he has an upset stomach, and is taking a nap. Brian can’t help chuckling, saying that it’s probably all the greasy food he had at lunch. He invites Jennifer to stay for dinner, having picked up more than enough Thai food for him and Justin. He knows this will give her more time with Jamie before they leave the next day. She loves her new role as grandma, and she’ll miss him while they’re away.

Brian and her sit and talk about the loft just below them. It seems that it’s coming on the market and the owners offered it to Brian before they listed it. Once Justin’s awake they make plans to go down and look at it. It seems like a logical move. They’ll be needing more room now that their family is growing. Once Brian gets shared custody of Gus he’ll need his own room. And even though it’s working just fine having Jamie in a bassinet in the living room right now, they’ll need a nursery soon. Not to mention that Justin will need a studio for painting, and Brian a home office.

~~~

Brian realizes that he’s had his phone turned off most of the day. Checking his messages he sees there’s a dozen or so from Michael. Part of him just wants to delete them but he decides that he’ll listen to them just in case Michael’s come to his senses. If what Brian had hoped for was an apology he’s sadly disappointed. Michael’s talked to Mel and Lindsay and his attitude is that Brian is taking advantage of the girls. He still wants to testify against Brian, accusing him of being an unfit parent. He not only wants the girls to get custody of Jamie, he thinks Brian shouldn’t be allowed to see Gus without supervision.

Brian’s truly stunned, he can’t believe Michael is so angry with him. So much for hoping they could put all this resentment in the past, it seems like it’s all front and center. Maybe it will be a good thing that they’ll be away on vacation for the next six weeks. Hopefully this will be enough time for Michael to calm down, although Brian wonders if their relationship will ever get back on track. Even with everything that’s happened between the two of them, Brian doesn’t have any ill will towards him. He mostly feels sorry that Michael has found himself in this situation.

~~~

Later that evening Justin’s all curled up on Brian’s lap, they discuss all the changes they’ll need to make to the loft below. The major one being a staircase connecting the two lofts. They like the idea of having a family room with a kitchenette on the bottom floor, keeping the main kitchen, dining room, and living room upstairs. They’ve decided to turn their current bedroom into a playroom for Gus, and eventually Jamie.

Brian kisses Justin’s forehead, asking how he’s feeling. Justin mentions that he had a queasy stomach when he first got up that morning, but then it went away. That’s why he was surprised when he got so nauseous after lunch. They write it off to the flu, seeing that it’s wintertime. It will be a little while before they realize that it’s a more permanent condition. Well, not exactly permanent… But…

TBC…