- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Lindsay’s unhappy with the judge’s ruling in Gus’s custody suit…

Title: Christmas Presents…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 4047
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Passion, Lust, M-Preg…
Beta Queen: BigJ52
Banner: aaa_mazing

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Summary: Lindsay’s unhappy with the judge’s ruling in Gus’s custody suit…

Chapter Eight ~ Equal Rights…

Brian runs his hand through Justin’s hair, gradually trying to wake him up, but he’s dead to the world. Justin simply snuggles in closer to Brian, enjoying his tender touch.

“Justin. Justin, come on, we need to get up or we’ll be late for court.”
He mumbles into Brian’s chest, “Ten more minutes.”

Brian gently rolls him over until he’s lying on his back, with his arms out to his sides. Brian crawls up onto him, covering Justin’s body with his. He kisses him around his neck until his lips meet his ear. Then he softly licks behind it then blows into his ear, sending chilly sensations throughout him. Justin’s automatic response is to arch his back, causing him to brush against Brian’s cock stimulating both of them.

“Um… You feel good, good and hard.”

Brian leans into him further, pushing them together then starts grinding against him.

“Yes. Yes, more, more Brian.”

“Wake up, little boy. It’s time to take care of daddy’s big hard cock.”

“I’m waking up. I’m awake, I’m… umm… Oh God. Yes…”

Brian leans in, pressing his forehead against Justin’s, tickling him with his bedhead hair. Justin legs naturally encircle Brian’s waist, loving the sensation of their dicks sliding against one another. Justin tilts his head back, kissing Brian’s neck and shoulders as his senses come to life. He hears the snap of the bottle of lube opening, then the cool chill of the gel coating his pucker. Brian rubs the remaining gel onto his dick, then aligns himself with Justin and pushes deep into his rosebud.

“Yes. Yes. Yes… Oh God. You feel so good.”

Justin slides his legs from around Brian’s waist onto his shoulders, allowing Brian deeper access as he glides against his prostate. Justin loves morning sex, loves waking up to Brian filling him up, tickling him deep down inside. Their lips find one another, as their hips start grinding together. Soon Brian sets a steady pace, working them closer and closer until the friction between them builds. They’re both lost in each other as they reach crescendo, sending a symphony of vibrations reverberating throughout them. Panting, they ride out the last of their sonata as daylight breaks through the loft windows.

Finally they separate, knowing that a nice warm shower will find them in the throes of passion again, leaving them just enough time to dress and grab a cup of strong French roast.

“Hurry up, Sunshine! Just wear the suit I set out for you.”

“You want me to wear a suit?”

“Yes. We’re going to court. Now just get dressed, you’ll look great.”

“You really think so?”

“Yes. After all I picked out your suit.”

Justin beams his big sunshine smile.

“Justin, come on… Hurry, get Jamie. We still have to drop him off at your mom’s.”

“Yeah. Are you okay? You look a little green.”

“I’m just a little nauseous. I’ll be okay in a few minutes.”

~~~

“I don’t seem to have a copy of the birth certificate. Ms. Peterson, can you tell me when your son, Jamie was born.”

“I’m sorry, judge. I didn’t mean to give you the impression that I was Jamie’s birth mother.”

“I don’t understand your request for shared custody of Jamie, if neither you nor your partner, Ms. Marcus are his birth parent.”

“Well we may not be his birth parents, but I think it would be in his best interest to be raised with his brother, Gus.”

“He will be raised with his brother, Gus. When he’s in the custody of Mr. Kinney and Mr. Taylor.”

Mel and Lindsay’s attorney asks, “Excuse me, judge, but is it necessary that Mr. Taylor be named as Gus’s other father?”

“I ask you, Mr. Saunders, is it necessary that Ms. Marcus be named Gus’s other mother?”

Lindsay can’t help interrupting. “That’s different.”

“Ms. Peterson, please have your attorney speak for you when addressing the court. Answering your question, the court fails to see any difference in the parental relationship of Mr. Taylor and Ms. Marcus. They’re both the respective spouses of Gus’s natural birth parents.”

“Now, moving on… I see that both parties have requested shared custody of Augustus Aidan Peterson-Kinney.”

“Your honor, his name is Gus Aidan Peterson-Marcus.”

“Not legally, Ms. Peterson, and I suggest again, that you start letting your attorney speak for you. I have a petition before the court to restore Gus’s legal name to Peterson-Kinney, representing both his birth parents.”

“It is hereby agreed that shared and equal custody will be granted to both Lindsay M. Peterson and Brian A. Kinney. All expenses for Gus will be shared equally including health insurance, educational expenses, and all everyday expenses including housing, clothing and nutrition.”

“But Brian’s been paying…”

The judge hammers his gavel several times. “Ms. Peterson, you will not interrupt me when I’m giving my summation to the court.”

Lindsay’s angry and she lets it be known.

“Mr. Kinney has requested that shared custody be granted on a weekly basis. Meaning each party will have custody every other week.”

“NO! I object…”

“I’ve warned you, Ms. Peterson. Please allow your attorney to address the court.”

“Your honor, Ms. Marcus and Ms. Peterson feel that it would be in Gus’s best interest if he were only allowed to spend time with Mr. Kinney and Mr. Taylor during the weekends “ i.e. Saturday and Sunday, with Ms. Marcus and Ms. Peterson’s approval in advance.”

“Denied! What part of equal and shared custody do your clients not understand?”

“It is also requested by Mr. Kinney and Mr. Taylor that Gus be allowed to travel with them when they’re scheduled to be out of town.”

“No! No! I object!”

“Bailiff, please escort Ms. Peterson out of the court. I warned you, Ms. Peterson. I will not allow you to address the court directly.”

“Now, as I was saying, this court grants Mr. Kinney and Mr. Taylor the right to have Gus accompany them when traveling in and outside the United States.”

“This court grants Mr. Kinney and Mr. Taylor the following holiday visitation schedule: Christmas Eve, returning Gus to Ms. Peterson and Ms. Marcus by noon on Christmas Day. New Year’s Eve, returning Gus to Ms. Peterson and Ms. Marcus by noon on New Year’s Day. And the following holidays alternating yearly: Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. As well as Gus’s birthday.”

The judge hammers his gavel several times and dismisses the court.

~~~

Justin reaches out, taking Brian hand squeezing it. They’re both relieved by the judge’s ruling. It’s everything they had hoped for. Lindsay just glares at them as they walk by.

Brian stops and says, “Under the circumstances, Lindsay, I think it’s best that our attorneys work out the exact custody schedule. But so it doesn’t come as a surprise, Justin and I are leaving tomorrow to go to Florida on vacation. Jennifer will be accompanying Gus next week to Florida, unless of course you want him to go with us when we leave.”

“No, Brian. You can’t.”

“I can, and I am now, on every other week while we’re in Florida. I’ll be flying home for staff meetings at Kinnetik, bringing Gus back and forth with me. So you don’t have to worry, he won’t be traveling alone.”

“Just how long are you going on vacation for?”

“Not that it’s any of your business but we’ll be staying in Florida until February 17th.”

“That’s a long time to be on vacation.”

“It long overdue… Take care, Lindsay, Melanie.”

With that Brian nods at the two of them and Justin simply smiles and says, “Bye now, see you.”

~~~

“Mel, why didn’t you object? Why didn’t you do something? How can he just take Gus out of school like that? Isn’t there some law about him going to school?”

“Lindsay, he’s in pre-school. He doesn’t start kindergarten until the fall. And I don’t think what Brian asked for is unreasonable.”

“Mel, how can you say that? He’s taking my baby away.”

“Lindsay, he isn’t doing anything, we’ll still have Gus. But now we have to share him, that’s all.”
“But Mel, what are we going to do? Brian’s been paying for all of Gus’s school expenses, and his health insurance. Not to mention he gives us two thousand dollars a month for child support. What’s going to happen now?”

“I don’t know, Linds. We’ll just have to wait and see. You know if you didn’t start all this nonsense about taking Jamie away from him, none of this would have happened.”

“You’re blaming me?”

“I’m just saying, things have been pretty good. Brian’s always been there when we needed him, and you’re the one that pushed to have him more involved in Gus’s life.”

“You are blaming me.”

“I’m just saying we should have been more grateful for everything Brian’s helped us out with.”

“Oh, that’s priceless. You’re defending him. That’s just like you to take his side.”

“I’m not taking anybody’s side.”

~~~

“Brian, how do you think Lindsay’s handling everything?”

“Not well… Hell, she still wanted to share custody of Jamie.”

“Yeah. But the judge sure put her in her place. And I like that he included me in his decisions. He made me an equal to Mel as a parent.”

“You are, Sunshine. You’ve always been there for Gus. Even when I haven’t been, you’re the better parent.”

“No. You just think so. You’ve always been there for Gus. You love him. I saw it that first night, the night he was born. That look in your eyes. I think I started falling in love with you right then and there.”

“Always the romantic.”

Justin can’t help grinning, loving how Brian teases him.

“Come on. Let’s go pick Jamie up from your mom’s.”

“Maybe we should pick up lunch on the way. We have a lot to do before we leave tomorrow.”

“You don’t think Lindsay and Mel will let us take Gus with us?”

“Not on your life. She’s going to need the next week to come to grips with reality. I really think she thought she was going to win.”

“I feel kind of sorry for her. She seems so sad.”

“I would like to stop by. I want to explain to Gus why we won’t be around. Also tell him that I’ve made arrangements for him to come visit us in Florida.”

“Do you think Lindsay will freak out?”

“Probably.”

“I hope not.”

“Always the optimist.”

Brian looks at Justin, wondering if he’s feeling okay.

“Is it your stomach acting up again?”

“Yeah, I just need to eat something. I’ll be alright.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. So what’s it going to be? Chinese or Italian? We just had Thai last night.”

“Your call.”

“I feel like Fettuccini Alfredo, or maybe Ravioli.”

“God. I’m gaining weight just talking about it.”

~~~

Michael comes in the front door, excited and all smiles.

“I just heard they’re having a charity dinner auctioning off all kinds of comics and action figures. I can’t wait to go. I might find some rare items that I never had in my collection.”

Debbie looks at Emmett questioningly; she already knows the answer before asking. She takes a deep breath, hoping World War III isn’t about to start.

“Can you believe it? God, I’m so excited!”

“You know, Michael, it’s a charity dinner? It costs money, and it’s by invitation only.”

“How do you know?”

“Well… Actually I’ve been asked to cater it.”

“That’s perfect! You can get me in. Oh God, Em! I’m so excited! I can’t wait to spend all evening looking through the merchandise.”

“Michael, I can’t invite anyone. Like I said, it’s by invitation only. It’s one thousand dollars a plate.”

“What? One thousand dollars a plate? Who can afford something like that?”

“It’s a black-tie event. To raise money for charity.”

“I know. I can be one of the waiters.”

“I’m sorry, Michael. But, well… You’re a really lousy waiter. And when someone pays that much to attend a charity dinner they expect top-notch service.”

“Some friend you are! You won’t even give me a chance.”

“Like you said. You’d spend all night looking at the merchandise for the silent auction.”

“So who’s benefiting from this ‘charity dinner’?”

He says it like he doesn’t even believe it’s for charity.

“Well Remson Pharmaceutical is matching the funds raised from the ticket sales, which they hope to sell about two hundred tickets. And then there’s all the money expected to be raised by the silent auction. Half the funds will be going to the Gay and Lesbian Center, and the other half will be going to the Vic Grassi House.”

Debbie nearly faints; she’s so pleased that the funds will be used locally. What Emmett doesn’t tell them, and Debbie suspects, is that Brian through Kinnetik will also be matching the ticket sales. And then there’s the small fact that everything being auctioned off is what Michael forfeited when he reneged on his agreement with Brian. Brian had no desire to try and sell all the action figures and comics. So during a meeting with Ted and Cynthia they came up with a plan to give back to the community.

As much as Brian claims he hates the Gay and Lesbian Center, he knows they do good work. Besides, Justin insisted that they split the money between the two charities. Ted, of course, will be running the silent auction, as well as being Master of Ceremonies. It will all take place while Brian is in Florida, even though it has the sign of the master written all over it. He will be conspicuously absent and will deny it if anyone asks.

~~~

“He’s finally down.”

“Good. Now come here, and bring that perfect bubble butt over here.”

Justin wiggles his ass, as his jeans slide down to the floor. Next his shirt slides down his shoulders, landing on top of his jeans. He can’t help the big grin that spreads across his face, seeing Brian already naked and waiting for him, sprawled out on the bed. He climbs up onto Brian’s groin facing away, ready to ride Brian’s big beautiful cock. He takes the lube and spreads his cheeks, coating his pink pucker, giving Brian a view he knows will drive him crazy.

Soon he’s positioning himself, aligned with Brian. He slides down gently as Brian watches himself being engulfed by Justin’s chasm. They both moan as the sensations are completely overwhelming for both of them. Once he adjusts, he starts riding Brian, raising and lowering himself, loving the feeling of Brian’s cock gliding against his walls. Lost in his own euphoria, he closes his eyes and fucks himself on Brian’s dick.

He loves controlling the rhythm, as he pounds his prostate repeatedly down onto Brian’s plump head. Brian reaches out and holds his hips, making sure he doesn’t injure himself as waves of pleasure spiral out of control. Brian can’t help thinking Justin is the most beautiful man he has ever seen. And from his view definitely the most sexual. Just watching Justin ride him, slipping and sliding up and down on his shaft, is the hottest thing he’s ever seen and felt.

Justin moans Brian’s name as he frantically works his own cock. Brian can tell he’s close. Justin’s muscles clench and release Brian’s dick, pulling them both closer to climax. Just a few more thrusts downward, and they’re both there, coming together as their brains are flooded with endorphins and pheromones. Justin collapses, out of breath. Then he crawls up into Brian’s awaiting arms. Once they come down from their natural high they both drift off into a deep slumber.

~~~

Hunter’s been out with his friends; he’s been spending more and more time away from the house. It feels too crowded for his tastes. And he hates that there’s no place for him to hang out without being in the same room as everyone else. Deb notices the changes in his temperament and is concerned that he might be getting into trouble. Michael’s oblivious as usual, only focusing on how things are affecting him. He hasn’t even noticed that Ben’s been looking rather pale, and he’s lost his appetite.

Ben knows he needs to make time to talk with Michael about his health issues. But he’s always in a foul mood and he doesn’t want to upset him anymore than he already is. Michael and Ben sit, reading the evening paper. Michael’s reading the comics, of course. Ben hands him the want ads, hoping he’ll start seriously looking for a job. But all subtlety is lost on Michael. So Ben finally says he thinks he saw a ‘help wanted’ sign at the Liberty Bakery. Who knows? Maybe Michael could even apprentice as a baker, learning a new trade. After all Vic was a baker for years.

“I’m not interested. Uncle Vic worked as a baker. He had to go to work in the middle of the night.”

“I’m sure you’d get used to it after a little while.”

“But I wouldn’t be awake or home when you are.”

“Michael, I’ve been meaning to tell you. I’m taking a semester off from teaching.”

“Ben, now isn’t a good time. We need the income so we can get back on our feet.”

“I know. That’s why I suggested you consider taking other types of jobs. Other than just retail.”

“You want me to support all of us?”

“Is it really any different than you expecting me to support all of us?”

“Yeah! You already have a job, and it pays better. You can’t expect me to make as much money as you do.”

“But I do expect you to make an effort. Broaden your horizons. Take something to get by with, until something better comes along.”

“Yeah. Well, I expect you to continue teaching. We need the income.”

“Michael, it’s not that I don’t want to teach. It’s because my doctors have told me that I need to slow down. To take some time off, and to rest.”

“Is something wrong?”

“Yes, Michael. I’ve been feeling weak. My meds aren’t working, and the new ones they switched me to don’t seem to help.”

“But you’re going to be fine? Right? You’ll be back to work for the next semester? Right?”

Ben’s stunned. He thought that Michael would have freaked out about him being sick. But he only seems concerned that they’re losing Ben’s salary.

“Michael, I don’t know when I’ll be healthy enough to return to work.”

“But you’ll still get sick leave right?”

“No, Michael. I’m not tenured.”

“I know you haven’t worked there ten years. But don’t you have sick benefits?”

“Tenured is a term for a professor who’s been hired permanently by the university. I’m hired per semester. The courses I teach vary from semester to semester. I only have sick benefits during the semesters that I’m hired to teach.”

“That sounds stupid.”

“Anyways, why don’t you put your application in at the bakery? It couldn’t hurt.”

“No. I don’t want to. I’ll look for something else.”

~~~

Mel answers the door. She’s a little surprised to see Brian and Justin. But once Brian explains, she understands.

“I guess you came at a good time. Lindsay is lying down, exhausted from the hearing this morning, and pretty depressed about the outcome.”

“I’m sorry about us going to court. But I didn’t feel like I had a choice.”

“I understand. I don’t blame you.”

“Hi there, Sonny Boy.”

“Daddy! Did you come by to make snowmen with me?”

By this time Lindsay’s heard Brian’s voice echoing up the stairway. So she comes down to see what he wants. Justin hands Jamie to Brian to hold, and takes Gus’s hand to go outside.

“Mommy! Justy and I are going to make snowmen!”

“Bundle up. It’s cold outside.”

“I can’t believe you’re here. Did you come by to rub it in?”

“No, Linds. I wanted to talk with Gus to explain that we’re going out of town. So he understands why we won’t be around to see him and explain to him that he can come and visit us in Florida.”

“I really don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“I’m not here to argue with you.”

“So are you here to flaunt the fact that you’ll no longer be paying all of Gus’s expenses?”

“What? No! Is that what you think? You think this is about money?”

“Well, isn’t it?”

“No! All I wanted is to spend more time with Gus. For him to get to know his father. For him to know I love him. That I’ll always be here for him.”

Lindsay looks ashamed, staring at the floor. Knowing that she’s out of line again. Pushing too hard.

“This isn’t about the money. I have no intention of reducing the support payments. I know you two need the money.”

“Really?”

“God, Linds. I know you need the help supporting Jenny Rebecca. I know Michael isn’t in a position to help out. Don’t you know that I consider her part of my family, even if she isn’t my biological child? I would never want her to not have all the advantages that Gus has. I want them both to grow up getting the best education possible. Hell, I’ve even started college funds for both her and Gus. What kind of man do you think I am?”

Both Lindsay and Mel are stunned. Lindsay has tears in her eyes, as she begs for Brian’s forgiveness. Now truly ashamed that she missed judged him. Accused him of being unfit, shameless, and cheap.

“I’m so sorry, Brian. Can you forgive me? I’ve been acting poorly, and my behavior is deplorable.”

Melanie disappears while Lindsay is asking for forgiveness, feeling ashamed of her behavior. A few minutes later Gus and Justin come back in. It’s freezing outside and they need to warm up. They look up when Mel comes down the stairs, carrying Gus’s little suitcase.

“Gus. Your father’s here to take you with him on vacation to Florida.”

“Really, Daddy?”

Brian’s surprised by this turn of events. His heart swells just thinking about having all of his boys on vacation with him.

“You bet, Sonny Boy. We’re leaving early in the morning, so you’ll have to get lots of sleep tonight.”

He hugs Lindsay, then thanks Melanie for allowing Gus to go with them. Hopefully this will be a turning point in their relationship, and things will only get better from here on out. He still can’t believe that they thought he would reduce his child support payments. He never even considered it.

~~~

Several days later Michael stops by to complain about Brian’s win in court, and to visit Jenny Rebecca.

“How could Brian win? I knew you should have let me testify for you.”

“Michael. Mel says we never could have won. We had no legal standing.”

“This is total bullshit! He got equal custody of Gus? How is this possible?”

“I know. I was upset for a while. But he really is a good father to Gus.”

“You know he’s a bad influence.”

“Michael. As much as I wanted to win. After thinking about it, I realize it’s the right decision.”

“Maybe you can prove he’s a bad father. That he uses poor judgment. Then they’ll take his custody away.”

“Michael. Didn’t you just hear me? I think maybe this is going to work out alright. Gus needs to have a father in his life. And Brian and Justin really do love him. And it goes without saying that Gus loves them.”

“It’s just a matter of time before he fucks things up. Mark my words. He’ll end up hurting Gus.”

“Michael. I’m beginning to wonder if all this anger and resentment towards Brian is becoming unhealthy for you.”

“He’s a liar and back stabber. He promised to pay my lease and mortgage payments. Then he stole all my action figures and comics. I’ll never forgive him! Never!”

“Michael. You really need to reevaluate that. You know you didn’t keep your end of the bargain.”

“Now you’re taking his side?”

Lindsay can’t help thinking it’s funny. Isn’t that exactly what she said to Mel a couple of days ago?

TBC…